Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2001 11:30:24 AM EDT
June 27 —  David Brock, who made his name trashing Anita Hill after the Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings, now says he lied — and he’s sorry. [url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/593157.asp#BODY[/url]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 11:44:02 AM EDT
[#1]
"I was so blinded by my partisan tunnel vision and my tortured desire to make it in the movement that I believed my own propaganda."

Translation:

I'm broke after making a pile before.  I got another book to make another pile, so you fools buy it.

Link Posted: 6/27/2001 12:32:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Also translated as:

"I lied to you before, but you can trust me now!"

CNN was playing at the restaurant I had lunch at.  While managing to choke down my food, I listened to infobabe Bobbie Battista ask the question that if Brock now admits lying about Anita Hill, should we impeach Clarence Thomas?

Excuse me?  When the President lied under oath and obstructed justice it was "just about sex" and "didn't rise to the level of an impeachable offense".  So now Clarence Thomas is to be held to a different standard?

Oh, that's right, he's one of the Republican appointees that helped G.W. "steal" the election.  And besides, he's not "black" enough.[pissed]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 12:36:45 PM EDT
[#3]
The author also lied when he used to say he was attracted to women.
This queer (not that there's anything wrong with that [rolleyes]) comes out of the closet and all of a sudden his core principles change.
A complete 180 on all issues.
Not much character, there.

He probably wasn't getting laid enough as a consevative queer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top