Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 3/10/2005 11:13:15 PM EDT
Just reading the thread about the legality of such devices and I got an idea for something that will allow you to manually bump a gun, yet do so from the shoulder and with relative ease in aiming.

Here 'tis:

Basically, this would run parallel to the buttstock and would be ambidextrous. For a right handed shooter, you'd put rod "A" through the trigger guard, while holding on rod "B", and shoulder the "bumper" and the weapon along side it. Since the bumper is longer than the buttstock of the weapon, there is a 1/2" area cushion to allow the bump to take place. You would still have manual control over the rifle's firing by way of your left hand to pull forward and activate the bumping...and all this would take place at the shoulder and you might be able with practice to achieve reliable bumping with some degree of accuracy.

Could easily be made of wood, customized by length to your gun...and should be legal by the 3 letter goon squad, as nothing about this is letting you achieve more than one shot per squeeze.

What do you think??

Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:26:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I think bump firing is WAY over rated and a waste of ammo.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:30:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Im with him.  Point to this idea being?  Not hackin ya, if bump firing has a defined purpose that would be a swell invention.  Just dont see the purpose behind it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:35:31 PM EDT
[#3]
It does have a purpose. Somebody has to piss off those old bastards at the range that fire a shot, then want to go cold so they can walk to check their target over and over and over...
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:35:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I love all things firearms related! Cheers m-dc
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:36:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Sgatr15

I think you're way over rated. This thread is for people who like to have fun with their guns.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:40:27 PM EDT
[#6]
how bout a rod that goes thru the buttstock and is attached to the trigger
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:41:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Sgatr15

My only objection is that bumpfiring should only be done in places where it wont cause the rest of us grief, like getting high cap semi autos banned from shooting ranges.

In the right place, more power to you, be safe, have fun.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:42:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
how bout a rod that goes thru the buttstock and is attached to the trigger

I thought about that, but then you're looking at monkeying around with each individual gun. This way, one "bumper" if made right, could work with any semi auto.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:42:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgatr15

I think you're way over rated. This thread is for people who like to have fun with their guns.

That may be, be that wasn't the question now was it?

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:44:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgatr15

My only objection is that bumpfiring should only be done in places where it wont cause the rest of us grief, like getting high cap semi autos banned from shooting ranges.

In the right place, more power to you, be safe, have fun.  

That's a valid point. For some of us, shooting takes place on private ranges or where such activities aren't frowned upon.

Idiots bump firing, or doing anything stupid for that matter, do hurt our cause but the act isn't the problem it's the guy behind the trigger (as always).

It's fun, period. Sex could be reduced to single thrusts and one "shot", and that would certainly save energy (I'll bet Sarge has this technique down), but for me I'm perfectly happy wiggling around in there for while before all the ammo's gone if you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:46:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Popcorn...............................................................
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:47:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It's fun, period. Sex could be reduced to single thrusts and one "shot", and that would certainly save energy (I'll bet Sarge has this technique down), but for me I'm perfectly happy wiggling around in there for while before all the ammo's gone if you know what I mean.

Well, I for one prefer that the tolerances on my lady not be quiet that "loose"

SGatr15
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:48:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGatr15

Ouch....
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:50:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Let it go black doggie...you cannot defeat the puppet master sgtar15. Your kung fu is weak.

Just kidding. I've never bumpfired but I would like to see a range report and perhaps video of your invention. Good luck
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:52:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I can already bump from the  shoulder.. aimed.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:52:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Sgatr15

+1

Neat idea still, good luck.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:53:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

How?  And with what rifles?

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:53:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Just dont let CNN see you doing it......
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:54:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:54:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:54:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGatr15

I prefer it too, but streetwalkers sometimes require that you pick a side to rub against.

Thank you for crapping up my thread, old man. You are as reliable as a granola farmer's bowel movements.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:58:10 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Bumping is easy enough as it is.  I don't see a need for a special device.  

It's hard from the shoulder, and with some rifles, damn near impossible. Only a few people I've ever seen can do it reliably. Most guys have trouble keeping a finger completely rigid. This device fixes that too.

Bumping from the hip is fun if you're 5 feet away from your target, but I know from getting an AR to run from the shoulder that it's much more entertaining to bump when you can aim the gun, and this idea was born out of the desire to bump everything while looking down the bore-line.

Anyway, I'll build it and try it out....either it works and I'm a genius or it sucks and Sarge was right about me all along.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:58:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Soory for crappying on your thread.  I was just trying to give my opinion.

I also think full auto is over rated.

Such it would be nice to have, but I am not spending &10k on 1 rifle just to do it.

Bump firing does not impress me.  SHow me a guy that can hit a man sized target at 100 yards while being fired on and THEN I will be impressed.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:59:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:00:30 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Anyway, I'll build it and try it out....either it works and I'm a genius or it sucks and Sarge was right about me all along.

Ummm, I never said YOU sucked...I just said "bump firing" is over rated.

I think you are just spiffy!

SGatr15
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:02:21 AM EDT
[#26]
I belive that little part you have created would be illegal, isn't it illegal to use a shoe string?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:04:16 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I also think full auto is over rated.

SGatr15

+1 again. I would be more happy if all the stuff available in FA was available in SA. It was amusing the couple of times I tried FA but not worth the $$, I'd rather have suppressors, AOWs, and SBR/SBS's.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:06:10 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I belive that little part you have created would be illegal, isn't it illegal to use a shoe string?

No, because the trigger is still being pulled once to fire each individual round.  Same principle as the 10/22 gatling crank assembly.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:14:06 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, because the trigger is still being pulled once to fire each individual round.  Same principle as the 10/22 gatling crank assembly.

+1, that's how things like the Hellfire are legal but an electronic activator isn't.

Of course, when I'm in Federal Ass Rape Prison doing a stretch for my "Bumper", you guys can laugh your asses off.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:18:54 AM EDT
[#30]
I'll give you 25 bucks for one.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:19:55 AM EDT
[#31]
I think that the whole contraption would be unweildy and probably swivel down until it quit working...  But, hey---what do I know?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:22:55 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgatr15

I've seen it!

I can bump 3rd bursts with my AR
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:24:47 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I think that the whole contraption would be unweildy and probably swivel down until it quit working...  But, hey---what do I know?

We'll find out!

I made a mockup out of styrofoam to see about the "feel" of it, and it held the gun up pretty well, seemed very natural but it wasn't strong enough to test. I'll build one soon out of some walnut and give it a go.

It can't "fall down" because at the front it's pinned by the trigger and trigger guard, and you're pulling it back to your shoulder with the peg on the other side, kind of like holding onto a motorcycle handle. Only your left hand, which is pulling the gun away from you to shoot, is doing anything.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:29:42 AM EDT
[#34]
here and here for aimed shoulder bumps, credit for whoever I got these from.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:29:44 AM EDT
[#35]
This is my bump fire device sir (Holds up index finger of right hand).
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:33:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Swingset... It should work fine!  

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgatr15

Sgtar15,
Bushmaster with ak brake, and a DCM trigger group.  I have also done it with standard trigger groups as well as ak's from the shoulder.

i just barely put it on my shoulder, and let the backstrap rest on the web of my hand while creating a "C' shape with my thumb and finger.  I do not hold on to the grip at all.  Then gently apply forward pressure from the handguard hand.

FRIGGIN FUN!

next time I go out ill video the pattern at distance.

vid: 000buck.d2g.com/vids/bump-02.avi
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:35:30 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgatr15

I like to have fun with my guns just as much as the next guy. I just think that bump firing is a stupid thing to do, IMHO. But hey, if you like it, good for you and invent away. I'll just make sure I am way behind the firing line from you.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:40:35 AM EDT
[#38]
You forgot the fish tank/kiddie pool attachment for "aqua bumping"
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:42:13 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Sgatr15

But it's a good way to get an INTERNUT COMMANDOUCHE OF THE YEAR nomination!
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:42:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Make it waterproof and you're golden!
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:45:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Interesting idea swingset.   Looks like it could work.  

For those who critisize bumpfiring, go somewhere else.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 6:35:03 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Interesting idea swingset.   Looks like it could work.  

Like down range where it is safe?

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 6:39:54 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Great!  We're taking orders from a non paying parasite!
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 6:42:24 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Sgatr15

+1
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 6:42:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Is it waterproof?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 6:43:24 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Great!  We're taking orders from a non paying parasite!

(my check is in the mail )
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 6:49:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 6:58:19 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bumping is easy enough as it is.  I don't see a need for a special device.  

It's hard from the shoulder, and with some rifles, damn near impossible. Only a few people I've ever seen can do it reliably. Most guys have trouble keeping a finger completely rigid. This device fixes that too.

Bumping from the hip is fun if you're 5 feet away from your target, but I know from getting an AR to run from the shoulder that it's much more entertaining to bump when you can aim the gun, and this idea was born out of the desire to bump everything while looking down the bore-line.

I bump my AK's from the shoulder with ease.  I don't like ripping the entire mag, I like doing 3 shot bursts.  Pretty kool.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 7:03:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 7:08:40 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGatr15

I think he was referring to the size of his "wiggler".
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top