Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2001 9:57:41 PM EDT
Here are some pics of my homemade forward grip. I cut the top off of an A2 grip so that it was perpendicular to the screw hole.Then I ground off all of the protrusions from the front. I cut out a notch in the top so the center of the guard would seat into it to keep it from  twisting. I fastened it with a hex head 1/4-20 by 1" and a nut on the inside of the guard. Best of all, it only cost me 50 cents to make it.

[img]http://www.echoesmedia.com/refurbpics/Grip1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.echoesmedia.com/refurbpics/Grip2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 10:01:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks nice dude!

Good for extreme rapid fire.
I don't have any forward vert-grips on any of my guns because they feel wierd to me, but I can appreciate thier use.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 10:44:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey,

You may want to run a strip of aluminum under the handguard, on the inside, with holes in it that match the vent holes, only smaller in size (1/4"), to give the rig more stability and rigidity.  Also keeps nut from loosening somewhat.  

I did this with a home-grown bipod mount of mine for a tactical carbine (a bipod on a Carbine? don't ask! I got the bipod for free)

BTW, what kind of sling is that?
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 11:18:45 PM EDT
[#3]
It's the Tac Sling that  [url]www.bushmaster.com[/url] sells.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 11:29:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I did something similar with my LEGP rifle; but I used a grip from a FAL rifle, courtesy of Derek at AZEXarms.
I found the more angled grip to feel very natural, it's a pretty comfortable setup.

[img]wsphotofews.excite.com/011/OW/TW/7x/b195594.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 11:45:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Treetop, I've got some M4 guards on the way and I'm thinking about putting the grip on them. Did you have to punch through one of the heatshields to get a bolt through to the inside of the guard? The angle I set mine at is more comfortable for me. The regular grip angle felt too wierd. I'd like to get a left handed Ergo Grip for my M4 guards.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 11:55:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I removed the inner heat shield on the bottom half, but I left the outer shield in place. I ran a bolt with a (rounded)1.25" washer through the handguard hole, through the grip, then used a lock washer and a nut inside the grip.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 11:58:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Top.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top