Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2001 3:26:34 PM EDT
Does anyone out there have any experience with Hesse AR-15s?  I was at a gun show this weekend and visited their booth.  What caught my attention was the various calibers offered, from .17 cal to 50AE.  All are available as complete uppers (no modifications needed on lowers as long as total cartridge length will fit in .223 magazine). All uppers come with modified magazines for that particular caliber.

I was thinking about a 7.62x39mm upper ass'y to fit onto my Bushmaster lower.  Any input would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 3:30:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Ugh. My first AR was one from Hesse. I got it because it was the cheapest. Take my advice and just run!
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 11:21:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I appreciate the heads up!  Naturally, my next question would be...Who has the best conversions out there in terms of quality and accuracy?

thanks
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 11:30:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I appreciate the heads up!  Naturally, my next question would be...Who has the best conversions out there in terms of quality and accuracy?

thanks
View Quote

Look for a Colt factory 7.62x39 complete upper. You'll spend more on a conversion, and it'll be patchwork. Just go for the Colt upper and mags, there are still 7.62x39 Colt 30 round mags out there, though they are kinda hard to find.

With other calibers, you could look up Olympic
Arms, but I am so astoundingly unimpressed by the Oly stuff I own, that I wouldn't reccomend them.

Juggernaut[%(]
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 1:03:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the input and will certainly consider a Colt now.  I'll be sure to post my final choice and comments after I do some more shopping.

ra3824
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 5:26:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw an ad from Hesse on this board advertising .17 Remington barrels for the AR-15 for $100.00 + shipping I ordered on 6/8/2001 got tired of waiting and called yesterday was told it shipped on 6/12 I was given a tracking # when I got home the # was invalid on www.ups.com checked it today and found out that he just shipped it after I called. So he had my money for two weeks without shipping anything then lies to me that it shipped 8 days ago. Now it won't be here till the 25th. I will not order from them ever again.......

[pissed]
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey Jug,
If you are that dissastified with your Oly, want to sell it? (gun show this weekend!  oops, I forgot, gotta finish the yardwork)

I'll give you a fair price, but I get a discount if I have to take the dissipator upper. Ugh.

Xanadu           [%(] help I can't see, there's some blue thing over my eye!!!!
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 2:52:55 AM EDT
[#8]
btt.....
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 9:15:18 AM EDT
[#9]
well my barrel finally made it here today. Two problems though. First on the crwon of the barrel there is finish missing in two places. Second the barrel extension does not have any finish on it, out of the box it was covered with rust spots. I guess I learned my lesson on this one I will let everyone know how it shoots as soon as I order a bolt and receiver for it........
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 9:24:31 AM EDT
[#10]
I just read this other thread on Hesse arms... [url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?ID=9009[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top