Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2001 1:56:24 AM EDT
[url]www.grnc.org/alerts/alert6_16_01.htm[/url]

You guys in NC probably know more about this issue than us out west. What's the deal?
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 2:17:12 AM EDT
[#1]
First I've heard of it.  It figures.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 2:57:10 AM EDT
[#2]
The way I see it is like so; The NRA (corporation) wants to sell memberships as long as possible.  This bill limits the ability of counties and cities from suing firearm manufacturers by only allowing the state to do sue.  The NRA cares more about if a firearm company is sued out of existence than if NC citizens have are treated like criminals while [i]getting permission[/i] to exercise a right!

It less co$tly for the NRA to try to control the state congress than to try and control the whole state so they are willing to sell out gun owners to save some money.  

Shit on the NRA![-!-]

Join GOA, JPFO, GRNC, & [url]http://www.keepandbeararms.com[/url]
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 3:03:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm an NRA Golden Eagle, member of CRPA, JPFO, and when I tried to join GAO their web server crashed.

Why don't we elect Ron Paul for pres and be done with it?
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 3:57:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Even if he was elected, anyone who is a real threat to the establishment would wind up in a fatal (Take your puck): auto, plane, helicopter, swimming, hair dryer, ping pong, bowling, etc... accident.  No chance of change without some bloodshed.

pessimistic mode off.

Why don't we all read UC and then pass it on to someone?
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 6:09:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Gun control passes, and its the NRA's fault? Excuse me, but isn't it the VOTER'S fault?
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 6:14:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes it is the voters fault for putting these scumbags into office, but the NRA should be siding [b]AGAINST[/b] gun control instead of [b]FOR[/b] it.  The NRA has its own interests in mind, not the gun owners' or the second amendment.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 8:26:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 8:33:10 AM EDT
[#8]
As far as I'm concerned, NC has already been sold-out.  You must have the local sheriff's permission to buy a handgun.  They also require fingerprints,and permission to view medical records!  The Sheriff doesn't have to let you know whether or not he'll approve you for 90 days.  How's that for a waiting period, 90 days!  You have to do this even for private sales!  I wasn't aware of this until I went to a gun show in Charlotte NC a week and a half ago.  They had a table setup where you could ask legal questions, and every few minutes they announced over the PA the fact that in order to buy a handgun, you had to have permission from the local Sheriff, even to buy from a private individual.  Wow, and I thought SC was terribly anti-gun.

I talked to an very old (he might have even been older than me) black Korean vet who was at the show with his 8 year-old great-grandson.  He was asking for help deciding which 22 repeater rifle to buy.  I found a dealer with a new Marlin Model 60 for him for even less than I paid for my used one.  I filled-out the 4473, for him (except his signature, of course) because he couldn't see well enough close-up to write.  He was very happy, and his great-grandson was even happier.  That was nice to see a pair of black males exercising their constitutional rights.  I've spent half of my life during segregation and the second half with integration, but that still doesn't explain to me why I'm always so happy to see a black man with a (legal) gun, whether at the range or at a show.  I guess it's part of the new attitude I've picked-up this year that we're just serfs until we exercise our rights and have the tools to protect those rights.  I hope the kid is having fun with his rifle.  I wish I had a picture of him carrying the rifle out of the show with his arms wrapped around it and the smile on his face.  Jesse Jackson can talk about freedom, but what I saw that day WAS freedom.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 8:37:20 AM EDT
[#9]
F*** THE NRA.

Bulldog

GOA LIFE MEMBER
'The ONLY no-compromise' gun lobby
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top