Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:09:57 PM EDT
[#1]
LMAO! I like the letter to the libs.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:29:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah!  Love the letter!!
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:38:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I was just wondering does anybody know when these checks are going out. Actually I plan on buying a gun with mine. Ruger 10/22 Magnum.

Six
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:48:12 PM EDT
[#4]
That is just tooooooooo cool!!

[beer]

DK [:D]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:55:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Very cool letter.  Nothing like pissing off the libs!!!  haha!!
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 10:57:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I sent my Reps the following letter...I may get a visit from the alphabet gang later this week, but right now I no longer care.

[b]Dear Doug and Diane,

Thanks for the tax refund.  Since I am married with children I will be getting $600 back..right?  Well, if that is so I just wanted you to know that I will be buying a new Sig Sauer pistol or maybe a new high powered Remington rifle with the money.  I really appreciate the chance to buy these fine firearms before you try to pass another stupid gun law that helps nor protects anyone other than the criminals in this once fine state.

Sgtar15
Sacramento, Ca

PS Diane, I know you won't actually read this because it doesn't agree with your views and because you really don't care what the people think anyway.  That's okay, because I will be leaving this communist state ASAP.[/b]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 11:59:47 PM EDT
[#7]
good letter sgtar15.....I actually [b]DO[/b] plan on putting my tax rebate toward a new firearm,(and an evil politically incorrect one at that)  Alot of other people have been saying the same thing,...I hope they all mean it.[}:D]
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 12:04:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was just wondering does anybody know when these checks are going out. Actually I plan on buying a gun with mine. Ruger 10/22 Magnum.

Six
View Quote

I believe that they are starting to mail them in July. I heard that they will use the last two digits of your social security number, low numbers get their checks first.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 12:50:11 AM EDT
[#9]
WE are getting $600.00 and it is going in the bank.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 8:19:35 PM EDT
[#10]
btt
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 8:30:54 PM EDT
[#11]
It's going in my AR15 fund, unless I save enough money from a summer job to pay for one before the rebate comes. Then it will go into my general gun expenses fund
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 8:48:35 PM EDT
[#12]
WHAT TAX CUT?!?!?!?! What is wrong with you people! This tax cut is a farce! Oh gee, big brother is going to give me a small percentage of money they extort from me via force. Praise the state!

Look, these tax laws are slowly implemented over the course of 10 years. They don't go into full effect until the last year, like 2010 or 2011. After that, the law expires!

Also, the so-called death tax or inheritance tax only gets cut-out to 28% from 55% for ONE YEAR ONLY.

Point is, this tax cut is not permanent, and it gives the Democrats and commi-Republicans plenty of time to change the laws again to their liking. Once again, the state wins out to control your money. They'll raise FICA, corporate and capital gains taxes to make up for it guaranteed.

After being a stauch Republican for years, the solution is to vote libertarian. They're for ABOLISHING the income tax and all other taxes. They'll only have a national sales tax, which will only be used for national defense more or less. No social security, no medicare, no medicaid, no big government, no FBI, no BATF, no DEA, no NSA and no more Big Brother to intrude upon your civil rights.

themao
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 12:10:26 AM EDT
[#13]
I am gonna become one of those dangerous ammunition reloading freaks.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 12:42:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Themao,
If you don't want your check you can send it to me I need more mags.....

John
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 5:39:07 AM EDT
[#15]
As we speak, they are arguing about making the tax cut permanent. The repubs are leading the effort, the dums are against it and the libs are nowhere to be seen.

Norm
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 4:38:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Point is, this tax cut is not permanent
View Quote

Point is,...you were supposed to click on the link, and see the joke.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 10:17:25 AM EDT
[#17]
refund =600.00  legp=660.00  Coinicedence?
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 7:03:58 PM EDT
[#18]
refund=600.00  PMP.223=about 3.00 per box, Wolf 7.62x39=about 2.00 per box....Coinicedence?
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 8:50:14 PM EDT
[#19]
the tax cut money was already mine to begin with eerrr damn goverment stealing my hard earned dough
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 8:58:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Wonder if we could charge interest on that money the Govt. borrowed from us?
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:02:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Here is what I sent

Number of physicians in the US = 700,000
Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year = 120,000
Accidental deaths per physician = 0.171
(source: US Dept. of Health & Human Services)

Number of gun owners in the US = 80,000,000
Number of accidental gun deaths per year (all age groups) = 1500
Accidental deaths per gun owner = 0.0000188
(source: US Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms

Three millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us. Besides, sir, we shall not fight our battles alone. There is a just God who presides over the destinies of nations; and who will raise up friends to fight our battles for us. The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave.  If we were base enough to desire it, it is now too late to retire from the contest. There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! Our chains are forged! Their clanking may be heard on the plains of Boston! The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, sir, let it come.  It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace–but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!---Patrick Henery
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top