Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2005 8:48:21 AM EDT
I am sick and tired of these people spouting off lie after lie. I think it's time we call them and tell them what we think of their lying and their treason to our Bill of Rights.

Call this number, wait for the recording and tell them what you think of their effort to strip us of our 2nd Amendment rights!

(CBS) 60 Minutes:

PHONE: (212) 975-3247

ADDRESS:
60 Minutes
524 West 57th St.
New York, NY 10019

EMAIL: [email protected]

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:53:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I called them enough on the Dan Blather forged memo thing.  They don't like me anymore but even worse, they don't care
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:55:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I called them enough on the Dan Blather forged memo thing.  They don't like me anymore but even worse, they don't care

So that's going to stop you?

Here's their article:

A Terrorist Tool?

(CBS) A military rifle capable of piercing armor from over a mile away is too readily available to civilians, and could end up in terrorists' hands, say critics of the .50-caliber weapon that is for sale in 49 states.

Correspondent Ed Bradley reports on the big gun that was recently banned in California for 60 Minutes, Sunday, Jan. 9, at 7 p.m. ET/PT.

"I think it's a great thing on the battlefield," says one of the weapon's chief critics, Tom Diaz of the Violence Policy Center in Washington, D.C.

"I just think there are certain occasions when we say in our society, this product is such a threat to our health and safety...our national security, we will not allow it," he tells Bradley. "Thousands have been sold to civilians and, as far as federal gun laws go, it is treated like any other hunting rifle."

Diaz argues the rifle can be used to pierce and blow up chemical storage tanks from afar, affording the terrorist an easy escape.

"The point is you can plan your attack from a longer distance. It's the combination of range and power," says Diaz, who fears there will be deadly results from such an attack on containers of toxic or flammable materials.

Diaz also fears the powerful gun could be used to shoot at aircraft that are landing or taking off. The potential danger the .50-caliber poses to aircraft taxiing on the runway or parked at the gate was outlined in a Rand Corporation report on terror vulnerabilities at Los Angeles International Airport. The report saw no way to protect the planes.

The gun's inventor, who sells the weapons to civilians for sport and to armies around the world, says Diaz could be right, but is being reckless.

"Yes it could be [used in those terrorist scenarios], but it's also seeming, begging someone to commit this crime. 'Somebody please commit this crime so I can validate what I've been saying so long,'" says Ronnie Barrett of Barrett Firearms Manufacturing.

"It's kind of a classic gun industry argument," says Diaz. "First they deny there's a problem and then when something happens, they point the finger at people who tried to warn about it."

Barrett points out that the gun's extreme size and weight make it an unlikely weapon of choice for criminals.

"As far as the abuses with .50-caliber rifles, they are so few, if any, that all other calibers ought to aspire to have as good a record as it has," he tells Bradley. "It's a target rifle. It's a toy...a high-end adult recreational toy."

As for terrorism, Barrett says, "Any rifle in the hands of a terrorist is a deadly weapon."

Diaz is hoping Congress will pass a law requiring that the names of owners of .50-caliber rifles be kept on file.

"No one in the U.S. government knows who has these guns," he says.

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:01:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Called, mentioned after Memogate, they might want to double check all their facts on this report...

EPOCH
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:03:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Called, mentioned after Memogate, they might want to double check all their facts on this report...

EPOCH

Good one!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:05:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd tell them if they did a peice about anything and everything a terrorist could use to commit an attack and kill innocent people...

... they'd have to do a 60 Minutes peice on it EVERY NIGHT for SEVERAL YEARS.  

Geeze, the "it COULD/MIGHT be used for <bad reason> is enough to justify it's being banned" is just absolutely nonsensical.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:11:51 AM EDT
[#6]
They didn't care when Rather made up his so-called documentary in 1988 and aired the completely false stories of Vietnam veterans, some of whom didn't even serve in Vietnam.  They didn't give a shit when it was painfully obvious that the GWB memo was forged and that Rather likely knew it before he aired that story.

They don't care.  They have their own agenda and pretend to be a news organization in order to spread their own brand of propaganda.

The only reason the truth got out during the last election was the internet.  If it had been held ten years earlier, we'd have been screwed.

They are firmly on the side of the left and they intend to stay there.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:14:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'd tell them if they did a peice about anything and everything a terrorist could use to commit an attack and kill innocent people...

... they'd have to do a 60 Minutes peice on it EVERY NIGHT for SEVERAL YEARS.  

Geeze, the "it COULD/MIGHT be used for <bad reason> is enough to justify it's being banned" is just absolutely nonsensical.

You just gave me an IDEA! Isn't telling terrorist "how" to attack America illegal? See where I am going with this? Isn't there an aiding and abetting law? Anyone have it? I want to tell CBS about it, then I am going to call the FBI!

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:16:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
They didn't care when Rather made up his so-called documentary in 1988 and aired the completely false stories of Vietnam veterans, some of whom didn't even serve in Vietnam.  They didn't give a shit when it was painfully obvious that the GWB memo was forged and that Rather likely knew it before he aired that story.

They don't care.  They have their own agenda and pretend to be a news organization in order to spread their own brand of propaganda.

The only reason the truth got out during the last election was the internet.  If it had been held ten years earlier, we'd have been screwed.

They are firmly on the side of the left and they intend to stay there.

Isn't Blather going to retire now? I do think it did some good. Blather is bye, bye!

Besides, if you don't stand up for your convictions and what's right, what good are you?

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:27:41 AM EDT
[#9]
CBS blather is totally gey.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:38:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So that's going to stop you?

Here's their article:

A Terrorist Tool?

Diaz is hoping Congress will pass a law requiring that the names of owners of .50-caliber rifles be kept on file.

"No one in the U.S. government knows who has these guns," he says.

And no one in the US government should need to know who has these guns.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:46:17 AM EDT
[#11]
What about the truck the terrorists would use to commit the crime? The clothes they wear? The "holy" book they quote while cutting people's heads off? The gasoline they use while driving to and from their crime spree? The gloves they wear to eliminate fingerprints? The stupid rags on their heads, making it difficult to ID them?

Are we going to ban EVERY DAMN THING EVER MADE JUST BECAUSE SOMEBODY CAN USE IT FOR EVIL?

GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:58:47 AM EDT
[#12]
will they accept collect calls?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:12:18 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You just gave me an IDEA! Isn't telling terrorist "how" to attack America illegal? See where I am going with this? Isn't there an aiding and abetting law? Anyone have it? I want to tell CBS about it, then I am going to call the FBI!

Sorry. Won't work. Everything they do, they do under the guise of "Freedom of the Press" and the right to free speech. And it's ironic that they hold so tightly to the Ammendment that makes their existence possible, while actively seeking to destroy the one right next to it (that happens to make ALL of our freedoms possible). Idiots!  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:02:28 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
What about the truck the terrorists would use to commit the crime? The clothes they wear? The "holy" book they quote while cutting people's heads off? The gasoline they use while driving to and from their crime spree? The gloves they wear to eliminate fingerprints? The stupid rags on their heads, making it difficult to ID them?

Are we going to ban EVERY DAMN THING EVER MADE JUST BECAUSE SOMEBODY CAN USE IT FOR EVIL?

GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK.

You got that right. Hense my sig line...False is the idea of utility... that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils, except the destruction of liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson

And yes, they are taking calls. You just have to leave a message. I figure, if they get enough nasty messages, they might get the point and back off some. Maybe not now, but for future broadcasts. If we put up enough fight, they'll know they have a fight on their hands if they try to stab us in the back. And if you think this is just "one" new broadcast, and not to worry. I'm sorry to inform you, this will just be the start. Since the AWB sunseted, I am sure they are going to go after us with a vengence.

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 1:01:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Correspondent Ed Bradley reports on the big gun that was recently banned in California for 60 Minutes, Sunday, Jan. 9, at 7 p.m. ET/PT.

This POS Ed Bradley, back in the 80's hosted a CBS evening fake news magazine called "Street Stories with Ed Bradley". In one episode he supposedly uncovered how "kids could buy Uzi machineguns on the street for $50."

I remarked at the time, "If that's so, I'll take a dozen, and give them away to family and friends for Christmas."

He interviewed some little 12 yr old punk supposedly guarding his turf with a "machine gun". The kid kept it more or less covered by blocking the view of the "machine gun" with his back to the camera, looking out the door of the stairwell of his hellhole in the projects.

Finally got a good look at it... it was one of those Crossman airguns that had some plastic added to try to emulate an M16. The buttstock was broken off, only the pistol grip remained. You could see the jagged edge of the broken buttstock. A damn air rifle...

That was Ed Bradley's "$50 machine gun purchased on the street".

Lying POS Ed Bradley. He lied then, he'll lie now.

(edited to fix spelling)
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:29:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Now let us have the addresses and phone numbers of ABC and NBC!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:39:35 PM EDT
[#17]
+1 well said..

Quoted:

GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK.

I don't see RYDER trucks being banned after the OKC federal building bombing and they sure as hell have not banned carving knives from O.J.

Edited to add:  Box knives and jet airliners.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top