Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2001 4:33:16 AM EDT
hi! i'm new to the forums here... i notice there are almost no posts regarding any information about Fulton Armory out of Maryland...

do any of you have experience with this firm?

i was considering making some purchases, but never see any posts here, so now i am a bit hesitant...

would appreciate all comments and information about experiences?

sincere regards, Jeff
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 4:49:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Over rated, over priced.

Better smiths out there for less money.

Try Frank White, Mike Boywkowski, or go over to competition forums and search for John Hollenger.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 4:53:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Try: [url]http://www.smithenterprise.com[/url]

Link Posted: 6/14/2001 5:30:09 AM EDT
[#3]
My experiences are:  

Helpfull through the internet, answered my questions quickly, and curteous.

Buying parts at their shop, a little rude.

Very overpriced on most items, especially full rifles.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 5:32:28 AM EDT
[#4]
The reason you dont hear much about them here is this is an AR15 site and Fulton Armory is basically a M1 Garand, M1A, & M1 Carbine shop that is just gettting started with AR's.

Fulton Armories M1's are Flawless. John C. Garand with help from the hand of God himself could not build a better M1 Garand than Clint does. Some peaple think they are overpriced, but how much is perfection worth?
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 5:34:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:16:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:21:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Treated me well. Will do it again when I have a need.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:21:28 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought a scope mount from them for my M1A about 5 years ago.  Received it in the time quoted.  A little overpriced, but they sell good quality stuff, no junk.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:01:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I've always been pleased with their service when buying M1 and M1A parts and parts kits.
Ken
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 9:35:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Great Place to shop they get a AAA++ from me . I place a lot of orders with them because The items are shipped fast and never received junk or messed up an order yet . Barrels , mags , hand guards are way over priced  
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 9:56:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 10:02:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I had Clint McKee build my AR.  He posts to rec.guns fairly often, and I haven't heard ANYTHING bad about Fulton Armory other than the prices.  Since I believe (and others had concurred) that "you get what you pay for", I felt that a custom-built AR that met MY requirements was worth the $$.  I spent about 10 days in e-mail exchanges with Clint discussing exactly what I wanted and what they could do, then one phone call to clarify everything.  I bought a stripped Bushmaster receiver and shipped it to Clint, and in about 5 weeks I got back a complete rifle.  Was it cheap?  Hell no.  Does it shoot?  Well, it doesn't care for the South African battlepack stuff, but it shoots my handloads into sub-MOA all day long.  No malfunctions - AT ALL.  I got EXACTLY what I wanted - how much is that worth?
[sniper]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 11:56:35 AM EDT
[#13]
I have bought parts from them a few times.  Good service on the phone and prompt delivery.  Parts are excellent quality.  Their website FAQs have been helpful for me as well.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 1:09:51 PM EDT
[#14]
From what I understand, they have actual retired military armorers who know what they are doing and not hack high school kids on an assembly line.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 1:40:06 PM EDT
[#15]
No complaints in the service and advice dept. Clint will always get back to you on any issue you have regarding anything they sell..quality work parts and service...
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 1:51:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I've bought a fair number of parts from them, and just had Clint build me a rack-grade M1A on a Springfield receiver.  Yes, he's spendy, but the rifle was worth every last nickel.  FAR superior to any Springfield-made rifles I've owned or shot, and much tighter than the 8 GI M14's I've had extensive experience with.  If you've got the money, they're worth it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 4:47:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top