Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2001 11:52:40 AM EDT
For the record, pre-ban is the shit.  Post-ban is shit.  'Nuff said.

But what isn't said is how that great Assault weapon ban is really hitting us gun owners, slow and hard.  The issue isn't AR15s, since the post-ban config is only slightly less capable in combat situations and plenty of thirty round mags are on the market...,

THE REAL ISSUE IS... new guns that will never hit the civilian market, guns with advanced technology that the Police force does have access to.  How about the semi or select model USAS-12 twelve gauge shotgun.  Or the Sig-550 variants that are now used by certain SWAT teams.  Watch the footage from the latest school shooting.  I saw cops armed with Sig-550s.  How about the FN P-90s or HKs new rifles and the new UMP45, available to us in a pathetically PC variant that only takes single stack mags.  

That law only affects AR15s as a side consequence.  Its real implications will become all to clear if it does not go away upon its expiration.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 12:04:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Post bans are shit ?
how so ?
go screw yourself, you preban shill !!!!
NUFF SAID......
[heavy]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 12:06:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Post-bans are symbolic of our tragic laws that seek to slowly take away our right to defend ourselves.  

And as any infantryman can tell you...

BAYONETS RULE!  If you can't shoot 'em in the face, STICK 'EM IN THE FACE.

OK, OK, I like post-bans too, sorry.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 12:13:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 12:24:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Hi YA Raf, sounds like you don't have too much fun with your preban.
how often do you wax it ?
Just got my first preban last week and I think it will see more action than my postbans !
[x]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 1:43:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 4:24:40 PM EDT
[#6]
When I go to the gun store, the guy always has the latest issue of "Guns & Weapons fo Law Enforcement" sitting next to the register.  He whips it out to show me all the cool stuff I can't have.  I hate that magazine now.  In the not to distant future, the government will have a serious small arms advantage over us serfs.  Eventually, my AR will seem pathetic compared to the government phase pulse laser photon particle blaster rifle.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 4:32:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 4:32:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 4:34:36 PM EDT
[#9]
rifleman, get used to it because there will never be any repeal of any of the current weapons bans.  At this point in our society (or rather the decline of such) there is not the mass support for repeal of any type.  The sheeple are well convinced that they desperately need "protection" from the hoards of evil assault weapons that litter our childern's playgrounds.

Trust me on this, get em while you can and just try to remember the "good 'ol days"...

CMOS
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 4:39:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I think we got off lucky. If the framers of the assault rifle ban had  the foresight to realize the loopholes they left in it they would have drafted a much more restrictive illegal, unconstitutional law. I don't think there is much usable difference between the post and pre bans. I have both and like both.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 4:42:40 PM EDT
[#11]
However the assault weapons ban does not need to be repealed. Without any further legislation reinstating a new ban it will simply fade away on Sept. 13, 2004. That is why we so desperately need people friendly to our side in the white house and congress and in all other areas of the govt. I really think there is a good chance that it will sunset on its 10th anniversary without being brought back to life. After the political upset that occured to those sponsoring the bill last time many politicians may fear that it could be a career ending move to support such a bill again, and rightfully so.

We need to work hard on our congress critters to make sure it does fade away!

Michael
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 4:49:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I sure hope you're right, but I can't see the congress letting us get by without it. They will try something, anything ...........
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 5:21:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Re: Assault weapons ban sunsetting, of course the Democrats are going to push to reinstate it but we need as many Republicans as possible to let it sunset. Hopefully some big political story will keep the media busy (like Cuba invading South Florida or something!)

We'll keep fighting!
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 6:01:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
However the assault weapons ban does not need to be repealed. Without any further legislation reinstating a new ban it will simply fade away on Sept. 13, 2004.
View Quote

Really? No flame intended, but I think your living in a dream world. Remember, a Republican President (Bush) signed this Bill. It is amazing on how many people forget this. I do not see a big difference between Republican and Democrats anyway. Just politics as usual.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 6:02:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Sig 550s are in no way superior to the ar-15.  Folding stock, whoopee!  I think it's just a "grass is greener" type mentality taking place.  As for the P90, it is a sub-machine gun, really, and probably not much more effective than 9x19mm ones, certainly less effective than an ar at longer ranges (yeah, it pierces the PASGT helmet at 200yd, big deal).

As for not having access to all latest and greatest weaponry, it really doesn't matter.  If war ever comes, there will be more than enough good rifles to go around.  The big problem will be finding good men to put behind them.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 6:14:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Don't worry about your AR-15 being outdated.  If they come to confiscate guns a muzzle loader will still stop them.  As long as it functions it is fine.  The assult weapons ban is really the assault weapons hoax.  We have exactly the same rifles firing exactly the same round still being sold.  The trick was to get us (gun owners) to think of them as assault weapons.  Now that we have excepted them as assault weapons that gives legitimacy to the ban.  Hopefully President Bush will allow the ban to expire in 2004, or maybe he'll screw us like his dad.

By the way I won't be happy until I'm in charge.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 6:57:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Raf, its a Bushmaster, unfired(not for long) with the 11.5 barrel and 5.5 flash suppressor and tele stock.
I'm gonna get a nice 14.5 M4 upper with a phantom on it and sell the other
DAMN if it aint cool,now i'm really hooked!
51 out...
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:09:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Slave 1:
The assult weapons ban is really the assault weapons hoax.  We have exactly the same rifles firing exactly the same round still being sold.  .
View Quote

You are 100% correct. I just want to see the politicians  admit to this. A lot of 30rnd mags still out there, right? [:P]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 11:40:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Hey, its only a matter of where you draw the line.  I drew it in 94 and won't pull back.  Like mentioned above, go read the magazine GUNS and WEAPONS for LAW ENFORCEMENT and check out the new toys that the cops have.  Someday, our rifles will be outdated with no new ones coming in.  

I didn't say anything about the performance of a Post-Ban rifle, I could give a rats-ass about its performance.  But read into that law and it means a whole lot more than no flash suppressors or folding stocks.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 1:44:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Post-bans are symbolic of our tragic laws that seek to slowly take away our right to defend ourselves.  
View Quote

My "bayonet" is a .45 1911.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
However the assault weapons ban does not need to be repealed. Without any further legislation reinstating a new ban it will simply fade away on Sept. 13, 2004.
View Quote

Really? No flame intended, but I think your living in a dream world. Remember, a Republican President (Bush) signed this Bill. It is amazing on how many people forget this. I do not see a big difference between Republican and Democrats anyway. Just politics as usual.
View Quote

Actually, Mach1, not true.  Bush Sr. signed the '89 import ban; Klinton was responsible for the '94 AW ban (I remember watching the footage of him signing it and all the Dems and whomever else were there giving their little "golf claps" just as the pen lifted off the paper[:(!]
).
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:29:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Interesting that the date becomes September 13, 2004. The original bill was signed only weeks before Republicans swept congress. Perhaps, this was one of the reasons. If Bush, Jr. has a brain in his head he will not stop the sunset only weeks before the 2004 election. If american gun owners see this great victory that close to the election, then they may just rally to help put Bush, Jr. in the Whiite House for another 4 years. But, I can sure say one thing. As soon as the ban ends, I will buy up as many of the new pre-ban style guns as I can. There will only be 3 months and 1 week from the sunset to the next innaguration. Hopefully, it will be Bush, Jr. or somebody else who supports the 2nd amendment. If not, well at least we'll have 129 days to buy the new pre-ban style "Assault Weapons", and believe me I will spend every extra cent I have to buy as many as I can. I believe that Bush, Jr. will not screw voters so close to election day. Without a presidental signature, the democrats need 76/100 votes in the senate and 327/435 in the house to pass a new bill. Especially with the new apportionment of districts in 2002, Republicans will probably gain seats. We will take back the senate in 2002. Hopefully we'll remove traitors like Jeffords and McCain. And, in 2004. God, I hope Al Sharpton runs, because Bush, Jr. will kick his ass royally. Being a Florida resident, I hope Reno runs, because JEB will kick her ass royally also. There is nothing better than a Repuclican Sweep in 2002 and 2004 to guaruntee our gun rights. If we lower our gaurd, we may well end up with a new uncostitutional ban. We must support those who support the second amendement. Perhaps this issue will be propelled to the forefront in the 2004 elections and those who support the 2nd amendment will sweep. It didn't help the democrats in 1994 when only weeks before congressional elections, they passed this law. In fact they lost control of congress to pro-gun Republicans. I'm glad my vote 1/158 helped Bush get into office in 2000. I just hope he does as he promised and supports the 2nd amendment.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 7:00:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
But, I can sure say one thing. As soon as the ban ends, I will buy up as many of the new pre-ban style guns as I can. There will only be 3 months and 1 week from the sunset to the next innaguration.
View Quote

Man, just hope pre-ban prices don't "hold" for those 129 days...I can picture a lot of places adopting a wait-and-see stance before dropping prices, let alone manufacturers starting to crank out those "back to normal" models again.

Time will tell...
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 7:17:48 PM EDT
[#24]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
But, I can sure say one thing. As soon as the ban ends, I will buy up as many of the new pre-ban style guns as I can. There will only be 3 months and 1 week from the sunset to the next innaguration.

Man, just hope pre-ban prices don't "hold" for those 129 days...I can picture a lot of places adopting a wait-and-see stance before dropping prices, let alone manufacturers starting to crank out those "back to normal" models again.

Time will tell...

That's why I'm going to stock up on the lowers I want in that time, and drop a preban upper on each one-one after the other. After all, assembled once, legally(during that period), preban status forever. BTW, I have some hope for the repeal, since it's automatic, but I'll continue to buy what I can, while I can, under these circumstances. I'm not going to bet the opportunity to get them now, while I can, on the chance that the prices might drop later.

Juggernaut[%(]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 8:05:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 8:07:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

My "bayonet" is a .45 1911.
View Quote

congradulations, in PRNY, wothout a6 months of waiting and praying that they dont try to arrest you for some stupid reason you "might" get a pistol permit, if not you violate NY law, i am stuck with my m9 bayonett, but dont you go thinking i cant use it in a pinch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top