Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2004 12:47:33 PM EDT
And worth every mile of it!

Me, Tman, and our friend Boyd made the long drive from home (Nederland) to Dallas to make the big Dallas Gun Show.  We make the Big Houston Show every time, but haven't been to Dallas for a while, so decided to give it a go.

Boy, was it great.  Lots of people behind the tables that we didn't know, and even some guns that we weren't so familiar with that we had given them personal names.

A bunch if interesting stuff:

Glock hi-caps for $14.95 and up.

Lots of AR mags, 20 and 30 rounders, from $11 new and from $8 used.

Underfolder AKs, etc, all you would want.

Still some folks with pre-bans priced at $1,400 (Seems they haven't read the papers yet )

But the best part was that I finally got to meet some AR15.com friends, face to face.

I stumbled across my good buddy Eric the Hun and it was like finally meeting a long-lost relative.  What a great guy!

And then met Zhukov, Brother Nick, Mbsk01, DPeacher (not D-Preacher ), BigDozer66 (and finally understand why he is labeled BigDozer66), DVDTracker, FireBlade, and finally met DoubleFeed (who doesn't look anything like Willie Nelson, thank God).  (Sorry if I left anyone out.)

A great bunch of guys!  We all had a good time at the gun show.

I was also able to pick up some parts for an AR that I am building at a good price.

What a great day!  Wish you all were there.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:50:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:52:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Bit far for me to drive, and on top of that, I have this pesky litle huricane to deal with....would have loved to have made it though!

I kinda hoped that you would "blow in".

I plan on seeing you at the SHOT Show again this year.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:31:24 PM EDT
[#3]
It was a great time.

You left out ilikelegs, EricTheHun, FALARAK, Energizer, Matthew_Q, and a few others that someone else is going to have to augment.

Guns and friends - it doesn't get any better than this.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:33:04 PM EDT
[#4]

And then met Zhukov, Brother Nick, Mbsk01, DPeacher (not D-Preacher ), BigDozer66 (and finally understand why he is labeled BigDozer66), DVDTracker, FireBlade, and finally met DoubleFeed (who doesn't look anything like Willie Nelson, thank God). (Sorry if I left anyone out.)

CA misses you.... but enjoy your expanded freedoms.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:34:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It was a great time.

You left out ilikelegs, EricTheHun, FALARAK, Energizer, Matthew_Q, and a few others that someone else is going to have to augment.

Guns and friends - it doesn't get any better than this.

Doggonit!  I knew I'd forgot somebody.

Sorry fellows.  It was great to meet you all.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:38:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:54:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
And worth every mile of it!

A bunch if interesting stuff:

But the best part was that I finally got to meet some AR15.com friends, face to face.

I stumbled across my good buddy Eric the Hun and it was like finally meeting a long-lost relative.  What a great guy!

And then met Zhukov, Brother Nick, Mbsk01, DPeacher (not D-Preacher ), BigDozer66 (and finally understand why he is labeled BigDozer66), DVDTracker, FireBlade, and finally met DoubleFeed (who doesn't look anything like Willie Nelson, thank God).  (Sorry if I left anyone out.)

A great bunch of guys!  We all had a good time at the gun show.

I was also able to pick up some parts for an AR that I am building at a good price.

What a great day!  Wish you all were there.

Only if you got there before lunch!

Legs bought the first one of the day and I bought the last one just before lunch!

It was good to meet you O_P and many others!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:02:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only if you got there before lunch!

Legs bought the first one of the day and I bought the last one just before lunch!

Yep.  I saw Legs' and thought, "I need one of those!"

Thought about it, thought about it...

Looked at a side folder that I liked a little better, but then Tman looked at it with me and showed me that it was a 10 rounder that had been converted to a 30 rounder.  I didn't want that.

By then, the underfolders were gone.

"He who hesitates...."  You know the rest.

It was good to meet you O_P and many others!

BigDozer66

Yes it was.  Great bunch of guys.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:21:55 PM EDT
[#9]
O_P,
You will be able to get one at the Houston show since they make them in Houston!

I bet he could have sold 25-30 of them Saturday!

BigDozer66

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:28:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:30:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BigDozer66

Hey Legs, if you decide you don't want yours, just IM me.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:36:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:46:04 PM EDT
[#13]
enjoy every moment of it.......cherish all your expanded rights....we who are stuck in this sh*thole of a state can only dream of what you other guys can do/have.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:48:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
enjoy every moment of it.......cherish all your expanded rights....we who are stuck in this sh*thole of a state can only dream of what you other guys can do/have.

Come on to Texas.

There's lots of room.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:13:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Come on to Texas.

There's lots of room.

I'd be outta this state already and enjoying the fun with you guys but my family is all located here and they surely don't want to move unless everyone goes......
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:16:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I'd be outta this state already and enjoying the fun with you guys but my family is all located here and they surely don't want to move unless everyone goes......

Shoot, that ain't a problem.

Every Mexican that crosses the border takes his whole family with him.

You might as well too.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:24:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shoot, that ain't a problem.

Every Mexican that crosses the border takes his whole family with him.

You might as well too.

easy for them to do cause their whole family wants already wants to...me I got to convince them that moving out of here is the best choice.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:25:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Still some folks with pre-bans priced at $1,400 (Seems they haven't read the papers yet )

Oh, they KNOW! They're just assholes taking advantage of people who don't...But then again, I don't feel too perticularly sorry for those who are ignorant about this important issue. Nonetheless those dealers don't deserve their licence.

I'm glad to hear you had fun though!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:53:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, they KNOW! They're just assholes taking advantage of people who don't...But then again, I don't feel too perticularly sorry for those who are ignorant about this important issue. Nonetheless those dealers don't deserve their licence.

I'm glad to hear you had fun though!

You will notice that I said that they were "priced" that way.  Didn't say that they were "selling" any.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:24:00 PM EDT
[#20]
We would love to have you move to Texas...but we need you in Cali to take it back from the liberals!

I didn't see any Jerky there?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:42:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Don't leave me out.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:25:29 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Don't leave me out.

Sorry, old buddy.

I only have enough brain cells to remember about three things at a time.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:35:24 AM EDT
[#23]
I drive 450 miles to hit the market hall show, will be going again to this years thanksgiving weekend.  Truly one of the best shows,  great deals to be had if you know what you want.   Has the parking gotten any better?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:39:26 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I drive 450 miles to hit the market hall show, will be going again to this years thanksgiving weekend.  Truly one of the best shows,  great deals to be had if you know what you want.   Has the parking gotten any better?

We got to Dallas the night before and arrived at the parking lot about 8:40am.  There was pleanty of parking at that time.  But it quickly started to fill up.

There was surely a big crowd.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:11:14 AM EDT
[#25]
It sure was good to meet you in person Old_Painless!  It was a bit of a drive for the Austin Crew as well, but worth every minute as far as I am concerned.  Great company, great food, and a great show!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top