BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:06:46 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
From the Viacom Liacom message board: "What's the FONT Kenneth?"

If Rather has ANY stones at all, he will own up to the mess...

say, he's a Texas boy, ain't he? You guys gonna take him back?

obviously the son of some thieving yankee carpet baggin sumbitch

yeah their must be some yankee in dan's woodpile!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:07:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
CNN is discussing this now......OWNED!

What was said? And has CBS finally released whatever statement they were going to release? First they said noon. Then they moved it to 3:30. Well, 3:30 is now past, so have they made the announcement?

Not much, but my position is that if one lib network is talking about the other, this is popcorn-worthy.

sgtar15 was right all along. This is gonna hit Kerry like Ivan is gonna hit the gulf coast....

Don't ever say that!  He can hear you!

On his 45 states + Kali prediction, I was with him from day 1.

When he comes along and reads this, maybe he'll tell ya about the mountains.

(sarge knows!)
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:08:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Dateline 2012, NY... July 12

CBS announced the 13,453rd delay in their promised announcement of "Bush Memoes, the REAL story" promising a statement was forthcoming "any decade hour now"

82 year old Anchorman Dan Rather, defiantly refused comment when asked if he would retire this century.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:09:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The daytime <conservative> talk radio will be over--and the hurricane coverage will inundate it--or they are in complete chaos, and utterly unable to find a suitable way to spin it.  

I think that actually puts the advantage in talk radios court.  This way they have all night and tomorrow morning to do show prep on it.  If the story hit in the middle of Rush responses wouldn't be nearly as powerful as they can be with 1/2 a day of prep.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:12:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:17:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll admit, if they had some press conference and Rush had cut to it during his show, then come back to him and he started ripping it a new hole it would probably have a better impact.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:20:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I can hardly wait.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:23:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Hmmm...I've been thinking (so that's where the smoke came from).

We all know that once this story comes out, Kerry's campaign is going to sink like the Titanic, taking the Democratic Party with him for a while.  We also know that CBS is heavily affiliated with the Democratic Party.  That was evidenced when CBS aired the whole memo story in the first place.

I'm betting that after the initial announcement about the press release this morning, somebody from Kerry's campaign made phone calls to CBS.  Something along the lines of, "Hey, we'll make it worth your while to not implicate us."  They've probably been "negotiating" the offer since then.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:30:21 PM EDT
[#9]
tagged
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:31:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hmmm...I've been thinking (so that's where the smoke came from).

We all know that once this story comes out, Kerry's campaign is going to sink like the Titanic, taking the Democratic Party with him for a while.  We also know that CBS is heavily affiliated with the Democratic Party.  That was evidenced when CBS aired the whole memo story in the first place.

I'm betting that after the initial announcement about the press release this morning, somebody from Kerry's campaign made phone calls to CBS.  Something along the lines of, "Hey, we'll make it worth your while to not implicate us."  They've probably been "negotiating" the offer since then.

Dan Rather appointed FCC Commisioner if Kerry gets elected?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:34:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Okay, folks...allow me to draw a mental picture for y'all...

Hurricane Ivan = Reality

Pensacola, FL = Dan Rather and CBS

Any questions???

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:36:33 PM EDT
[#12]
(tapping foot impatiently) *yawn*

I wonder how many more delays they will pull.

Hoppy8420
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:03:17 PM EDT
[#13]
They are timing it to coincide with Ivan's landfall!!!

What a Clintonesque bogus move!!!

Fockers.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:06:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
True, but Rush complained today over the first delay--said they were deliberately (in his opinion/guess) delaying it in order to avoid having it break during his show.  There's no way to know unless you are inside.  <shrug>

Uh huh.. and according to Rush, the only reason the sun rose today was to light his path to work.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:08:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
They are timing it to coincide with Ivan's landfall!!!

What a Clintonesque bogus move!!!

Fockers.

We may have a winner here. Ivan was forecast to come ashore at noon and has been slowing up.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:14:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Uh huh.. and according to Rush, the only reason the sun rose today was to light his path to work.

Roger that!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:14:51 PM EDT
[#17]
CBS's line will be they (finally) admit the documents are forged, but they contain the truth. www.lucianne.com/

CBS: These documents are fake, but it doesn't matter, the stuff about Bush is true anyway.

Public: How do you know it's true?

CBS: These documents say so.

Public: But they're forgeries.

CBS: Maybe they are forgeries, but it doesn't matter, the stuff about Bush is true anyway.

Rinse. Repeat

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:19:56 PM EDT
[#18]
tag.
making popcorn.
can't wait to see how dizzy I get with the spin that's coming...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:21:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Got the Nachos and Salsa.....  this should be good!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:50:26 PM EDT
[#20]
So, did they come clean yet or did they delay for the 3rd time today?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:51:12 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
So, did they come clean yet or did they delay for the 3rd time today?

All I hear are crickets.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:11:00 PM EDT
[#22]
chirp...chirp...chirp...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:13:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:14:45 PM EDT
[#24]

Originally Posted By me, 6 hours ago:

Here, let me go ahead and get these out, just in case:

Cnn is talking about this again...when CNN slams the dems (well, CBS in this case, but what's the difference?) you know things are bad.

45 states, and maybe California.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:14:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
CBS's line will be they (finally) admit the documents are forged, but they contain the truth. www.lucianne.com/

CBS: These documents are fake, but it doesn't matter, the stuff about Bush is true anyway.

CBS: Maybe they are forgeries, but it doesn't matter, the stuff about Bush is true anyway.

Rinse. Repeat

Yeah, odds are.

And if they do that we should try and force a Congressional investigation. Try and get some folks locked up for fraud/forgery and get CBS's lisence pulled.

After all, if they knowingly participated in fraud/forgery, CBS is responsible too. More so if they ever sent the documents by US Mail.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:21:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Drudge is reporting this now:

Statement by the President of CBS News, Andrew Heyward:

"We established to our satisfaction that the memos were accurate or we would not have put them on television. There was a great deal of coroborating [sic] evidence from people in a position to know. Having said that, given all the questions about them, we believe we should redouble our efforts to answer those questions, so that's what we are doing."

Seems like they are still sticking to their story

How much longer can this go on?

Digging...digging...digging...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:22:29 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

"We established to our satisfaction that the memos were accurate or we would not have put them on television. There was a great deal of coroborating [sic] evidence from people in a position to know. Having said that, given all the questions about them, we believe we should redouble our efforts to answer those questions, so that's what we are doing."

Oh this is good.... they are STILL saying the memos are legitimate.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:26:19 PM EDT
[#28]
One CBS spin doctor to another:

How long can we talk about this without saying anything?

Until something else comes up?

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:26:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:32:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Its kind of ironic... Dan Rather's career was "made" due to his on the scene reporting during hurricane Carla... and now hurricane Ivan may overshadow things enough to save his carreer.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:36:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Note the use of the word "accurate" instead of "authentic."

What they're saying, essentially, is that even if the documents were faked up bullshit (and the DOCUMENTS WERE the story, just look at the reports saying that the DOCUMENTS were the firecracker), they believe the allegations in the documents are true.

Guy's that's just horseshit.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:40:03 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NO NO NO!

They did not say they were "legitimate" or "originals" or "not forged".

They said the memos were "accurate".

You people need to get into the leftsist mode of Clinton-speak to really understand them.

They are very slickly wiggling away from the actual AUTHENTICITY of the memos and changing the subject onto the CONTENT of the memos!

That's obvious from the very next sentence - that there was "coroborating evidence" NOT of whether the memos were forged, but of whether the heresay being peddled can be "coroborated".

Do NOT let them change the subject which is - DAN RATHER AND CBS USED FORGED DOCUMENTS TO CREATE AN AIR OF LEGITIMACY TO AN OTHERWISE "HE SAID/SHE SAID" STORY THAT ALONE WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN ENOUGH TO HANG THEIR HATS ON!!!

EDITED TO ADD: Ya' beat me by 7 seconds Gonzo!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:45:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Keep digging, CBS!

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:49:03 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why don't these people realize they are defeated?!??? </Gladiator>

CBS is like a corporate Zombie...Dead men walking!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:49:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:53:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Shouldn't the [BREAKING NEWS] be removed from the title of this thread?

CW
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:58:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:05:04 PM EDT
[#39]
An exact replica that word for word replicates a document that once existed is still a forgery.
The content becomes irrelevant.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:07:49 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CW

We still don't know the truth.....  

i cant help it

YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:10:45 PM EDT
[#41]

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:14:22 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
An exact replica that word for word replicates a document that once existed is still a forgery.

They are going to try to deflect critism by claiming that only the paper was false.  The truth is that GWB yaddayaddayadda...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Too many folks now have smelled blood in the water...this is a LOOOooong way from over...and CBS is gonna take a major nosedive because of it. (Thank you God!) Rather will be promoted out after a "decent interval", but it will not be "business as usual" for CBS after this.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:32:31 PM EDT
[#44]
"Mr.Rather, was it either the Kerry Campaign or the DNC who gave you the documents?!"

"I can't comment on our sources."

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:44:33 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
One CBS spin doctor to another:

How long can we talk about this without saying anything?

Until something else comes up?

Not to toot my own horn, but I do believe I nailed it.

Lyin' lips.....
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:04:32 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

CW

I move that it should be changed to [BROKEN NEWS].

It is CBS after all.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:05:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:36:03 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are going to try to deflect critism by claiming that only the paper was false.  The truth is that GWB yaddayaddayadda...

I nailed it...dan was on last night and said in essence the doc MAY be false but what we said was true...F'ing ASTOUNDING!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:49:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:52:15 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Rinse. Repeat

Exactly what they are doing:

They're fake but the content is true...Even though they're fake
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top