Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:51:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Neat if true.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:51:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: feetpiece] [#3]
Originally Posted By GBTX01:

Neat if true.
View Quote

I mean how can you build an anti ballistic missile system without having a state of the art stealth target exceeding the payload of a potential threat...

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:08:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Jewish rust never sleeps
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:30:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By michigan66:
Iran says no retaliation planned, as both sides seek distance from Isfahan attack.  National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir..tweeted the single word “lame!”. Link to article
View Quote

Lot of chicken sh1+ coming from both Iran and Israel if this report is to be believed.
Not the earthquake Bibi spoke of by any stretch of the imagination.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:34:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By QueenDeNile:
Why would anyone want war? I believe Israel should protect itself either reactively or proactively but I don't believe that the US should we in the middle of this. The Middle East needs us more than we need them. I don't want my son fighting in Iran.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By QueenDeNile:
Originally Posted By madmathew:
Originally Posted By southerncross:

Westerners don't have the stomach for total war anymore.
We have let moms and Karens have too much say.
Why would anyone want war? I believe Israel should protect itself either reactively or proactively but I don't believe that the US should we in the middle of this. The Middle East needs us more than we need them. I don't want my son fighting in Iran.

This has been true for many of the conflicts/wars that the US has gotten tangled up in. Vietnam onward. Too many little shit countries eating up our people and resources for debatable returns when we get involved.

If American people or assets are targeted then fine. Follow General Sherman's lead. Otherwise I'd think long and hard about getting involved. Old George Washington was right. Beware of foreign entanglements.

That being said, I do support Israel and wish them victory.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:01:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By RonGonzo:

Yes

Not sure why people are having such a hard time with this. They did a similar face saving strike after Solemani.

Israel responds with a fairly minor attack of their own and everyone can chill tf out for a while.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RonGonzo:
Originally Posted By WoodHeat:

To save face, for their proxies, for their enemies, and for internal consumption.

Yes

Not sure why people are having such a hard time with this. They did a similar face saving strike after Solemani.

Israel responds with a fairly minor attack of their own and everyone can chill tf out for a while.

Precisely.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:12:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Seems to have been a bit of a technical demonstration (using older tech for emphasis).

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:12:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Iran backing down is the smart move....they will either choose to not respond to the latest round (or publicly deny any response that actually happens) and then when Israel makes its next strike, the western media vilifies Israel for striking a party that had already conceded. At that point, all eyes get focused on the US to see who we back. Biden has no choice at that point but to back Iran and condemn Israel.

None of this will surprise me.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:23:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Biden will echo his current string puller Obama.

In my 2nd term...I'll have more flexibility...
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:36:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BM1455] [#11]
Edit:
beat like a red headed baby step seal.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:43:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By pavil58ar:

This has been true for many of the conflicts/wars that the US has gotten tangled up in. Vietnam onward. Too many little shit countries eating up our people and resources for debatable returns when we get involved.

If American people or assets are targeted then fine. Follow General Sherman's lead. Otherwise I'd think long and hard about getting involved. Old George Washington was right. Beware of foreign entanglements.

That being said, I do support Israel and wish them victory.
View Quote

Our military and leaders lack Sherman's resolve.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:43:32 PM EDT
[#13]
damn I just read in the news only therad that the Izzies had some shit that just completely went undetected by the Russian AA systems...

Russia, China and their Ilk should be shitting their pants right about now.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:44:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By macro:
Iran backing down is the smart move....they will either choose to not respond to the latest round (or publicly deny any response that actually happens) and then when Israel makes its next strike, the western media vilifies Israel for striking a party that had already conceded. At that point, all eyes get focused on the US to see who we back. Biden has no choice at that point but to back Iran and condemn Israel.

None of this will surprise me.
View Quote

I doubt there will be further strikes.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:45:55 PM EDT
[#15]
One of the talking heads I listened to yesterday said, before the retaliation attacks, that someone at the White House leaked that if Israel keeps their attacks at a very small scale they'll not push back against them invading Rafah. In that context in makes a lot more sense.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:55:43 PM EDT
[#16]

NO EXTENSIVE DAMAGE SEEN AT ISFAHAN AIR BASE IN SATELLITE IMAGES: CNN

There does not appear to be any extensive damage at an air base purportedly targeted by an Israeli military strike, according to exclusive satellite images obtained by CNN from Umbra Space.

The synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellite images were taken around 10:18 a.m. local time.

There does not appear to be any large craters in the ground and there are no apparent destroyed buildings. Additional visual satellite imagery will be needed to check for burn scars – which cannot be seen by SAR images -- around the complex.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:00:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By fisherman:

Lot of chicken sh1+ coming from both Iran and Israel if this report is to be believed.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By michigan66:
Iran says no retaliation planned, as both sides seek distance from Isfahan attack.  National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir..tweeted the single word “lame!”. Link to article

This “attack” showed Iran how vulnerable they are to Israeli weapons.   While from the outside this doesn’t seem like much, this was an earthquake to Iranian leaders.  They know Israel can get them, any time, any place now.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:05:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: castlebravo84] [#18]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

NO EXTENSIVE DAMAGE SEEN AT ISFAHAN AIR BASE IN SATELLITE IMAGES: CNN

There does not appear to be any extensive damage at an air base purportedly targeted by an Israeli military strike, according to exclusive satellite images obtained by CNN from Umbra Space.

The synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellite images were taken around 10:18 a.m. local time.

There does not appear to be any large craters in the ground and there are no apparent destroyed buildings. Additional visual satellite imagery will be needed to check for burn scars – which cannot be seen by SAR images -- around the complex.
View Quote

If they were targeting air defense systems, they would have likely used air burst frag warheads that don't leave craters.  Even the radars themselves might look normal from sat images, but up close they would be full of small holes.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:06:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Coffin-Nail:
One of the talking heads I listened to yesterday said, before the retaliation attacks, that someone at the White House leaked that if Israel keeps their attacks at a very small scale they'll not push back against them invading Rafah. In that context in makes a lot more sense.
View Quote

Getting Iran to be quiet while they finish Rafah would be useful.

I don't see the WH being ok with IDF going into Rafah since it will drive their Hamas base nuts. And what I heard was that the WH was ok with an attack on Iran if the Rafah thing didn't happen. That makes sense to me, but who knows.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:33:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By DonS:

I don't see the WH being ok with IDF going into Rafah since it will drive their Hamas base nuts. And what I heard was that the WH was ok with an attack on Iran if the Rafah thing didn't happen. That makes sense to me, but who knows.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DonS:
Originally Posted By Coffin-Nail:

Based on their current SOP they'll bluster about doing this or that and ultimately do nothing in the hopes that the pro Hamas wing of the party takes strong words as enough, yeah right.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:37:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Israel basically put Iran in their place.  Iran is backing off.  Israel basically showed the world they are beholden to no one, and can destroy Irans infrastructure with minimal effort.  Iran talked a big talk, launched a huge barrage of weapons, made little impact.  Sort of like poking the bear.  Fortunately, Israel just basically put them in their place, gave them a little spanking, and made it very clear that Iran better be careful, as Israel could have just as easily destroyed their entire nuclear program and military infrastructure…. Restraint, not sure many could do that.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:40:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:41:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By tgmr05:
Israel basically put Iran in their place.  Iran is backing off.  Israel basically showed the world they are beholden to no one, and can destroy Irans infrastructure with minimal effort.  Iran talked a big talk, launched a huge barrage of weapons, made little impact.  Sort of like poking the bear.  Fortunately, Israel just basically put them in their place, gave them a little spanking, and made it very clear that Iran better be careful, as Israel could have just as easily destroyed their entire nuclear program and military infrastructure…. Restraint, not sure many could do that.
View Quote

You left out basically.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:49:17 PM EDT
[#24]
This region has been in war and conflict for nearly 5,000 years!

The crap never ends…
Canaanite vs Egyptian.
Israelite vs Canaanite.
Israelite vs Jesubite.
Philistine vs Israelite.
Egyptian vs Jew.
Roman vs Jew.
Arab vs Arab.
Jew vs Arab.
Jew vs Palestinian (né Canaanite).
Rinse and repeat. Well, FFS enough!

It is time for the world to step back and let them all Battle Royale it out, or let their God’s figure it out. One of the two.  Because if they cannot find peace amongst themselves, no one from outside ever will.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:49:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Sturmgewehr-58:

You left out basically.
View Quote

Basically, yes, I basically did.  

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:57:14 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

Cuts both ways. Iran sent Israel a warning. The 300 drones were slow moving and they gave all parties hours of advanced notice.
They threw about 40 missiles in the mix and those were the targeting weapon.  

The drones were never intended to have any mass destructive effect - they were largely decoys and sent to saturate the air defenses while massively drawing down their missile caches.

The drones Iran uses are cheap, easy, and fast to make - the Iron Dome guided interceptor missiles are not.

That said, don’t be lulled into thinking Iran does not have the capability to strike Israel’s nuclear plant.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:04:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Shadow_Dancer:

Cuts both ways. Iran sent Israel a warning. The 300 drones were slow moving and they gave all parties hours of advanced notice.

The drones were never intended to have any mass destructive effect - they were largely decoys and sent to saturate the air defenses while massively drawing down their missile caches.

The drones Iran uses are cheap, easy, and fast to make - the Iron Dome guided interceptor missiles are not.

That said, don’t be lulled into thinking Iran does not have the capability to strike Israel’s nuclear plant.

View All Quotes

“Drone economics” is a two way conversation as well.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:25:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By fike:

View Quote

Agree. But Iran has made substantial capital investment in inexpensive medium range one-way drones and has built up a rather stout stockpile.

Notwithstanding their export sales to Russia.

Israel to date has not. They followed the true UAV strike package philosophy of use, much like the US.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:28:01 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Israel did war shit in space…and it worked.

The drone shit cuts both ways. You don’t think Israel can’t play that game…probably much better?

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:37:27 PM EDT
[#30]

Better there than here, but the mullahs seem to have sent several thousand of the most devoted to the prophet through our southern border to set something up anyway, courtesy Pedo Joe and his puppeteers.
It’ll be here soon enough
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:41:10 PM EDT
[#31]

Agree. But Iran has made substantial capital investment in inexpensive medium range one-way drones and has built up a rather stout stockpile.

Israel to date has not. They followed the true UAV strike package philosophy of use, much like the US.

View All Quotes

When it turns into an actual gloves off throw down, they are really only just terror weapons that Israel will just ignore for any target beyond military locations. They said as much during the lead up to the Iranian attack. The Israelis were making jokes about having a six hour lead time. They are a very hardened citizenry (both physically and mentally).

Beyond that, the world hasn’t been sitting still with defense options and tactics.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:45:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By PoiDog:

He's wondering where his pudding is. It's running behind.

View Quote

Phrasing!!!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:48:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fives] [#33]
If Iran had an advantage think they would back off? They are just buying time to up their game. When that happens (whether through Axis support or with Nuclear capabilities) they will come back and finish the job. If israel is done, they are  foolish for not sending Irans nuclear program back to the stone age. It will only be harder to do that later
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:55:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Seems to have been a bit of a technical demonstration (using older tech for emphasis).

View Quote

laying the groundwork for the follow strike at Natanz.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:59:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By neshomamench:

The drone shit cuts both ways. You don’t think Israel can’t play that game…probably much better?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By neshomamench:

Israel is also a leader in directed energy weapons.

The argument of "expensive missiles" for slow moving targets will disappear sooner than later.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:05:36 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Now hit the nuke facility…
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:11:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By BM1455:
Well Fox news is reporting that the lights are on in the oval office which means that someone either flipped the switch or we are one step closer to fucking up the situation even more than it already is.
View Quote

Janitorial staff, I'm sure.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:41:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:
View Quote

What happened to:
"Our response will be much larger that tonight's military action if Israel retaliates against Iran"?
Now that Russia is saying they don't want an "escalation" sounds like the swamp has been in touch with Putey.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:42:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PDP_Main] [#39]
Originally Posted By Fives:
If Iran had an advantage think they would back off? They are just buying time to up their game. When that happens (whether through Axis support or with Nuclear capabilities) they will come back and finish the job. If israel is done, they are  foolish for not sending Irans nuclear program back to the stone age. It will only be harder to do that later
View Quote

I once worked with a guy who saw himself as a foreign policy expert.  Trying to sound smart, he once said, "I think the Arab world could beat Israel right now", to which I reply, "apparently they don't agree", "why do you say that", "because as soon as they think they can, war will break out".  That which seems to be obvious to some of us, escapes the intelligent wannabees.

No doubt Iran doesn't think they have the advantage right now.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:00:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Elijah1:

This "attack" showed Iran how vulnerable they are to Israeli weapons.   While from the outside this doesn't seem like much, this was an earthquake to Iranian leaders.  They know Israel can get them, any time, any place now.  
View Quote

Better yet it let Israel know for sure they can take out Iran anytime they choose
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:06:47 PM EDT
[#41]

I posted that on Facebook......waiting to see how long I have before they try to ban me
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:07:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By robmkivseries70:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By robmkivseries70:
Originally Posted By BM1455:
Well Fox news is reporting that the lights are on in the oval office which means that someone either flipped the switch or we are one step closer to fucking up the situation even more than it already is.

Cleaning up after Joe shit the bed
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:43:02 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

You only shake the ground until aggressor backs down if you're in Israel's position. They can't fight as large war on two fronts. When they get done with the Palestinian animals in their own country , then they can concentrate on Iran. And they will.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:22:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By rcav8r:

Phrasing!!!!
View Quote

Good point!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:25:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:58:48 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

I wonder though, given the very low speeds involved, if an older cheaper technology could be used against them instead of these expensive missiles.
Something like the electronic warfare anti-drone tech that could be easier to employ.  
Also something like the phalanx system could be perimeter based creating overlapping fields of fire.  Cheaper than missiles and saves the heavy and expensive stuff for the more advanced weapons.  

My dad was an AA gunner in the 5th Army.  He could (and did) shoot down faster planes than the Iranian drones.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:01:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:03:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1AEGW] [#49]
Round 2 happening? Iranian backed militia base just exploded in Iraq.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:17:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 73
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top