Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 4/9/2024 7:32:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dhmjr40]
Found this little guy beside the road last night in the rain.  I'm sure he's full of worms.  Looks like he got a little touch of mange also on the elbows and belly area.  Pretty good appetite though and will bite fingers if they happen to be holding a little turkey.  After eating though, he has this little seizure and nose plants into the floor.  We're going to the vet when they open this morning but honestly, I'm not sure he's gonna make it.  At least he had one safe night.  If he does make it, I imagine I'm keeping him.  Thinking about naming him Rudy cause "He's so damn small......."Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:21:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

Red retards checking in. Pulling for your little guy.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:22:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Cat we picked up last year from the middle of the road. Thought it was a plastic bag at first then saw the legs splayed out when it was spinning. Surprised I missed it with the wheels and the 18 wheeler as well as car behind him missed it with their wheels. Car in front of us I suspect tagged him with his front lower spoiler as his mouth was bleeding a little bit.

I got turned around real quick in the parking lot to the right and the wife ran out and grabbed him still laying in the middle of the road.

The ferret and him terrorize each other in the house to this day.

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:23:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Duke117] [#3]
Thank you for your kindness OP.
I really hope he makes it.. he would make a fine and loyal companion for your family.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:26:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ENGCPT:
Keep us informed.
View Quote

Originally Posted By Explorer225:
Cute little feller if he makes you'll have a friend for life.
View Quote

Originally Posted By Taom:
No matter what the outcome you have brought a little peace and happiness to this dog.
View Quote

The only thing I can add to these is I really dislike when folks do this to a poor helpless animal, who given the chance would be a friend and unconditionally love you their entire life.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:27:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I hope he makes it.

Let us know.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:28:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Hoping for great news.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:28:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CharlesUFina:
OP is good stuff.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:28:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Good save , hope the little guy gets a good report
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:29:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Go Rudy Go!

And good on you OP.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:30:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Attachment Attached File

Prayers out from me and Scout!
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:30:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By dhmjr40:
On the way to the vet.  Got him a nice box to ride in but...nope.  Little dude wasnt having it.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/184339/20240409_072948_jpg-3183003.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/184339/20240409_074312_jpg-3183005.JPG
View Quote

Those eyes . . . that is love, trust and gratitude
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Tag for info

You did a good deed op
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:34:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Good save, OP.  Hope the little guy makes it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:35:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Tagged for updates on Rudy.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:36:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:41:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Blitzkreig:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/44118/1000001288_jpg-3183112.JPG

Red retards checking in. Pulling for your little guy.
View Quote

Irish Setters are beautiful dags.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:42:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Prayers for Rudy!
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:43:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By klinc:
Cat we picked up last year from the middle of the road. Thought it was a plastic bag at first then saw the legs splayed out when it was spinning. Surprised I missed it with the wheels and the 18 wheeler as well as car behind him missed it with their wheels. Car in front of us I suspect tagged him with his front lower spoiler as his mouth was bleeding a little bit.

I got turned around real quick in the parking lot to the right and the wife ran out and grabbed him still laying in the middle of the road.

The ferret and him terrorize each other in the house to this day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iCjBhu4py4
View Quote

Good on y’all. Sorta reminds me of this meme.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:43:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By SamuelAdams76:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/481569/pup2_jpg-3183129.JPG

Prayers out from me and Scout!
View Quote

Handsome boy!
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 12:00:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Rescues seem to know they were saved and pay it back tenfold... although, after Ginger (rescued Golden Retriever) sometimes I wonder who saved who.

In for updates, OP is a good man.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 12:16:36 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm a dog guy, and I don't like a house without a dog around.  Too dang quiet.

This gal was a rescue and was found in a Lowe's parking lot.  She was chipped, and the owner contacted. They didn't want the dog and probably were the ones that abandoned her in the lot.

She was already fixed, and healthy. No reason was given to the shelter that took her in why she was kicked to the curb.

A little shy at the first meeting, but had a great temperament. It was not a hard decision and she came home with us right then. Approximately 1.5 to 2 years old when we got her.  Loves riding in the car and must have been used to being in one. She rides mainly on the center console.  One of the best dogs we've own.

I'm looking forward to hearing a good report from your  vet.  Cute pup deserves a good life.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 12:17:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Prayers for the pup.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 12:29:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Ridgerunner9876:

The older I get, the more sentimental.

Also, life has a habit of stacking up responsibilities, stress, pressure. And we just keep our head down, plow our way through,  do what needs to be done. Shoving down all those distractions.

And one simple picture of innocence, trust, helplessness can hit that release switch. No shame in that at all. Shows us we're still human and mostly sane.
View Quote

100% spot on.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Ridgerunner9876:

The older I get, the more sentimental.

Also, life has a habit of stacking up responsibilities, stress, pressure. And we just keep our head down, plow our way through,  do what needs to be done. Shoving down all those distractions.

And one simple picture of innocence, trust, helplessness can hit that release switch. No shame in that at all. Shows us we're still human and mostly sane.
View Quote

This 100%. I think becoming a Dad affected it as well.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 12:38:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By RWEIII:
Rescues seem to know they were saved and pay it back tenfold... although, after Ginger (rescued Golden Retriever) sometimes I wonder who saved who.

In for updates, OP is a good man.
View Quote

I live out in farm country and garbage people tend to dump their unwanted animals around here for whatever reason.  Those "people" are fucking monsters.

Someone dumped what looked to be a Lab/Boxer mix and it ended up in my yard while I was out deer hunting.  My wife put it in the kennel and said "surprise!" when I walked in for lunch.  We already had two elderly dogs and one puppy so we were NOT going to keep it.  I kept it in a crate in my garage as it was getting too cold out at night.  Couldn't bring it around the other dogs because it was clear he had worms and fleas.  Found someone to adopt him and he spent the rest of his life being a pampered member of their family and a great dog. I regret not keeping him for ourselves and also keeping him segregated like i did.  That last part still bothers me 10 years later.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 12:41:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Good job OP. Proof there are still good people in this world.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 12:45:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By oklahomaguy:
Good job OP. Proof there are still good people in this world.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 12:54:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Hang in there Rudy!
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 12:55:50 PM EDT
[#29]
I live out in the country on a road with very little traffic and we get drop offs on occasion.

One in particular was a little red/blonde terrier mix. As soon as I saw her, I knew I wanted to help her.
She was so skittish, it took a lot of effort to coax her in to catch her, but bacon made it easy.
Spent about $300 in vet bills to have her worms and other issues treated.
Found out the hard way that loving a pup makes them magnets for getting hit in the road even though she survived weeks on her own freely living on the same road.
I buried Lucy and moved my plan forward with getting the fence installed before getting another dog.
It's been over 13 years and I still feel bad that she died.
At least I got to love her a little while and she got belly rubs and ear scritches before she was gone.
I had many dogs growing up, but she really moved my heart for them.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:08:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Any update, OP?
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:09:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:10:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Thank you for helping him.  

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:10:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Thank you.

Please keep us updated.

I am hoping for the best for you.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:12:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Good for you OP. Hope he makes it, but if not at least he had a short time when he knew kindness in what was mostly a poor life for him.

Thank you for caring.

I hate, really hate, people who mistreat animals.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:13:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Good job OP, I hope your new friend pulls through
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:15:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Hope he gets a good report on checkup, cute as can be.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:18:40 PM EDT
[#37]
I'll never understand the kind of asshole that just abandons or worse yet, does horrible shit to animals.  People like that really shouldn't be allowed in society.  If you're that willing to be cruel and inhuman to a, for the most part, helpless animal, what will you do to other people?  Same for people who just drop their pets off at a shelter and walk away like you don't owe them shit.  At least have the decency to stay while they're put down, so they go with some sense that you gave a shit about them.  Pawning them off to spend a week at a shelter alone and terrified to be put down alone is fucked up.  People treat them like they're shoes or something, a thing to have as long as it's convenient or cute, then when no longer what they want then the animal is the one that suffers.  People that will do fucked up shit to animals will do fucked up shit to anyone.  You don't have to be one of these weirdos that carries their dog in their purse while swearing it's a "service animal" and think they're a person, to just be a decent person and treat animals humanely.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:21:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Good job OP.   If the bill is spendy let us know and we will chip in.   Romeo is cheering for Rudy.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:23:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Ciraxis:
Good job OP, I hope your new friend pulls through
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:32:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Rex and I are standing by for updates.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Call from vet.  They dipped/bathed him for the scabies.  Does have the usual round/hook worms you could expect with this type of stray.  But that's about it.  Seizures probably coming from not getting regular meals and insulin being off.  So regular meals should take care of that.  Not quite old enough for shots so we're going back in a couple of weeks for that.  All in all,  thought it was best report we could get at this time   Probably taking off a little early this afternoon to pick him up.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:37:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:37:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Call from vet.  They dipped/bathed him for the scabies.  Does have the usual round/hook worms you could expect with this type of stray.  But that's about it.  Seizures probably coming from not getting regular meals and insulin being off.  So regular meals should take care of that.  Not quite old enough for shots so we're going back in a couple of weeks for that.  All in all,  thought it was best report we could get at this time   Probably taking off a little early this afternoon to pick him up.
View Quote

Great news!!!

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:38:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By JeepinMark:
Rex and I are standing by for updates.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/427156/rex_sxs_2_-_Copy_jpg-3183244.JPG
View Quote

Good looking pup!!  Kinda looks like my Sonny.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:38:29 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

Aw, that's great news!  You got yourself a friend for life now!
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:38:41 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

That's fantastic news!

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:38:47 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

The best of news!

Good on ya OP and good health to Rudy.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:39:36 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Right on! You have to keep him now. Can't let him hangout for the next few weeks for the shots and then give him up
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:41:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sdc360] [#50]
Thanks for the update! Bright spot in my day.

Sig… from our last litter. He’s about 100 pounds now may he bring your little guy good health.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top