Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 3/13/2024 12:02:08 PM EDT
First 10 years of my marriage, we lived next to a couple that had two sons and a daughter.

The oldest son was very quiet and polite. The quiet son mowed our lawn when we were in the hospital delivering kids each time. He was always very respectful and I enjoyed the brief conversations we had. Well mannered, well kept, never any problems.

His parents got divorced and it was ugly. His mom started getting caught up on all the sport banging she felt she had missed out on and moved some beefcake in pretty quickly.

The quiet son went on to graduate from high school, stay at home and graduate from a local college in social work, bought a sporty little car, got a job working for Adult Protective Services as a case worker, got married to some girl he met in college, and moved out.

We moved too.

The quiet son and his wife quickly had two kids, then she decided they needed to get a divorce.

The quiet son went to the sister of his wife, who was baby-sitting his two young children, shot both children to death, shot and killed the sister in law, and then shot himself to death.

Aside from women I have known that confessed to abortions, and people that I have known that committed suicide, thats the only person I think I have ever know that straight up murdered anyone.

I have to say that of all the crazy people I have ever met in my life, I dont think I would have ever expected that the quiet son would have been anywhere near the top of the list of candidates that I would have thought anything like this would have happened.

I guess the message is, you never really truly know what darkness lurks in a mans heart
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:45:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably, more than I can think of at the moment.

There is a kid I went to high school with who caught his woman with another dude and it turned into a murder/suicide with a Desert Eagle .50.  So, big holes and a lot of blood and chunks.

I've known a handful of people who have been murdered, one was with a 12 gauge in the mouth.

Livingston MT is known for a handful of murders in the past 30+ years that have gone unsolved.

So yes, I know probably a couple...I just dont know who they are?
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:48:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I car pooled with a coworker for year. He was a super, nice guy, very funny. I also knew his wife very well, that is until he butchered her. He stabbed her over 40 times. He's doing life in prison.

We were car pooling right up to a couple days before he murdered her.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:51:24 PM EDT
[#3]
My family, mom's side.

One of her brothers was shot to death with a 12 ga. by his wife.  Killed him right in the bed as he was sleeping after work one night.  She moved her boyfriend in pretty quickly.  No jail time as someone had to take care of the 5 kids and her husband had beaten her before she shot him.

One of her other brothers got drunk and played poker one night.  He decided he'd been cheated, went home and came back with his trusty squirrel rifle.  Knocked on the door, shot the guy who owned the house/ran the card game.  When the guy fell he saw one of the other card players behind the first guy and shot and killed him, too.  After a few years in the state pen he got out on parole.  Within 4 or 5 months he went to a bar to drink and got picked up by an evil woman.  She took him home, gave him more to drink and started making out with him on the couch.  Her husband came home from work and told my uncle to get the hell out of his house.  The wife told my uncle he didn't have to leave, it was her house, too.  So he didn't.  The husband went to another room and got a gun and threatened my uncle.  The evil wife got another gun and gave it to my uncle and told him that he could defend himself now, they were even.  By the time it was over the husband was on the floor dead and my uncle was on his way back to the state pen for a few more years.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:57:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HDLS] [#4]
Yes, two that committed murders and were convicted, and one that was found not guilty of murder, but caught a federal firearms conviction on multiple counts for making the murder weapon and disposing of it).

May 09, 2006
Gunnery sergeant gets life without parole

By Gidget Fuentes
Times staff writer

OCEANSIDE, Calif. — Two years after gunning down his adulterous lover at a Camp Pendleton park, Gunnery Sgt. Archie O’Neil learned his fate: Life sentence without parole.

Barring any overturn on appeal, O’Neil, 35, will spend the rest of his life confined in a cell at Fort Leavenworth, the military’s prison in Kansas that houses the military’s convicted murderers.

OCEANSIDE: Former Marine convicted of murder in 2009 death of businessman

BY TERI FIGUEROA - [email protected]
FEB. 10, 2011 6:27 PM PT

Following a week of deliberations, a North County jury onThursday convicted a former Camp Pendleton Marine of first-degreemurder for the beating and stabbing death of a young entrepreneur at his Oceanside auto shop. Jurors also concluded that Raphael Ramey, 21, had tortured Charles Evan Williams during the brutal, prolonged attack on Aug.23, 2009.

THURSDAY - November 8, 2007

14 YEAR SENTENCE FOR CREATION AND TRANSFER OF A SAWED OFF SILENCED WEAPON USED IN A SUBSEQUENT MURDER

Raleigh - United States Attorney George E. B. Holding announced that in federal court today United States District Judge James C. Dever, III, sentenced RANDY J. LINNIMAN, 42, of Jacksonville, North Carolina to 168 months imprisonment. A Federal Grand Jury indicted LINNIMAN on March 28, 2007, charging him with five counts of firearms’ violations and one count of evidence tampering.

LINNIMAN sawed off a .22 calber rifle and created a silencer attachment. He provided the manufactured weapon to Ruben Wright, Jr. Wright used the weapon to murder James Patrick Taulbee, a retired United States Marine Master Sergeant, in Jacksonville, North Carolina, on January 5, 2004. Following the murder, LINNIMAN took steps to destroy and dispose of the weapon and other evidence of the crime at the request of Wright. Wright was subsequently convicted of First Degree Murder in Onslow County Superior Court in Jacksonville, North Carolina on January 20, 2006. LINNIMAN was acquitted of Murder in Onslow County Superior Court in Jacksonville on March 27, 2006.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:57:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By APSArmament:
Yea. And he was a member here.

Shot his ex GF with a pistol i traded to him, no less. Gen 2 G19.
View Quote

Pretty sure I remember that whole deal. HE was a huge asshole right? A shame about the arfcom archive's being the way they are.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I went with a work friend out to lunch.  He met up with a buddy there we all shot the shit and ate and went back to work.  Turns out the guy I met was wanted for murder of two Mercer University college students.  They was making out at a lakeside drive up. He went up to the car and blasted them with an AR and a 9mm pistol. My friend had sold him the pistol.  The boys father turned him in. The father was a GBI agent.  There was a tv crime show on the incident. No real motive.  Just to know what it felt like.  Wardawg.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:11:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Nope.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Will Morva

He was always a weird dude.  Smart but....off. My ex went to one of the proms with him before he dropped out.  He was a fixture off campus in Blacksburg.  Never had shoes on didn't matter if there was 2 feet of snow on the ground or 100+ out. He liked to debate the VT kids.

Can't say I was surprised when I heard about it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:15:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WarDawg] [#9]
I took machinists courses at Clover Park technical college.  I met a guy there and we become classroom friends.  I remember he worked at Boeing in Seattle. Years latter watching a murder mystery on TV , he was on it murdered.  He was beheaded and a crucifix was carved on his chest.  He was found on Tacoma sportsman rd.  Still never solved.  Wardawg.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:17:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:
Was in the same ROTC class as Christopher Porco.
View Quote

Definitely  heard about that dude on a podcast.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:26:35 PM EDT
[#11]
New a guy doing donuts and being an ass in a parking lot. Lost control and slammed into a woman, killing her. More man-slaughter I guess than murder, but he caused her death.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:30:38 PM EDT
[#12]
What?

Originally Posted By gribble:
A couple.

Former step cousin killed a cop.  Total POS, drugs, b&e, you name it.

Wife's aunt married a guy and 10 years later the FBI showed up.  They got a dna sample from his utensils at Denny's.  Turns out years before they meet the guy killed and dismembered a produce and his body bars all across the county.  Guy a great bass out of it for helping the aunt sell of his collection.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:33:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Working a 3rd shift job one time when a guy came in the plant and shot his wife in the back, reached down rolled her over and shot her in the face. Then he dropped the gun right on top of her and went and sat down in a pallet of floor dry to wait on the cops. Also worked with a girl who husband was a cop, she shot and killed him one day while he was asleep on the couch.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:33:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes, a kid I grew up with in High School.

He was a star quarterback, had his pick of the hottest cheerleaders in the school and was a really handsome / funny guy.  During our college years apparently he was diagnosed with some type of psychotic disorder.  

A few years later I read about him murdering his grandpa with a knife because he thought his grandpa was stealing his energy.  The police caught him driving with a saw, garbage can and shovel in his trunk back to his grandpas house.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:33:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a hometown friend that was executed by TDCJ in Feburary 2004 for a double murder he committed in 1993.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:34:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: solid] [#16]
I went to high school with a guy who beat a sailor to death with a baseball bat basically over perceived disrespect . This was around 1980 Boston. He got life in prison at 19 years old.
Edit: I also know of more, one example is a group of 5 guys who went out on a boat to drink and party. Only 4 returned but the fifth was found floating off the beach the next day with a broken neck. The authorities tried all 4 but all were found innocent. Dead guy was a huge asshole. I think he fafo that night.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:37:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I knew a guy who killed his wife in a drunken rage in a bar. He stabbed her multiple times and she bleed out waiting for a boat to take her to the nearest hospital. He was convicted and served his house arrest in our town, since the only way in or out was by boat or plane.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#18]
A couple coworkers.

One ended up murdering his ex-girlfriend and their two kids.   Police found him dead in his car after he ate the gun.  That was a shock.  Never expected he’d snap like that but he was always getting fucked over with child support and such.  Guess he reached his breaking point.  

The other came to work for us on the prison program after serving 20 years for reckless homicide.  He shot his girlfriends’s sister’s loser boyfriend.  Seemed like he intentionally tried to set this guy up for a self defense shoot, but didn’t quite plan it well.  Shot him point blank in the neck with a 30-06.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:18:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes, two... One was a guy I knew pretty well from work (he was a customer) and who was friends with one of my brothers and fenced my parent's property. He was really full of shit and had a weird love triangle thing going on where he convinced some friends he was some former special forces guy in Ireland and got them to do a "special op" where he had them kill his pregnant wife. Turned out he was just trying to get rid of her for the insurance money and so he could be with his side piece. He's on death row, now.

The other was a guy I went to High School with but didn't know very well... He was all drugged up and shot his girlfriend in the head while camping for some reason.

Also had one of my best friends get murdered a few years ago over some dumb ego shit but didn't know his killer...
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:42:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: prebans] [#20]
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:45:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Found out a couple of years after graduating high school and moving out of town that a couple of guys from my class that I knew (but didn't hang out with) robbed a couple in a home invasion, killed them and then set the house on fire to hide the crime.  

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:52:29 PM EDT
[#22]
There was a partying headbanger I used to talk music with once in a while. He did several years in the state pen because he cornered a guy who had raped his sister and beat him to death with a bat.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:53:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By gribble:
Wife's aunt married a guy and 10 years later the FBI showed up.  They got a dna sample from his utensils at Denny's.  Turns out years before they meet the guy killed and dismembered a produce and his body bars all across the county.  Guy a great bass out of it for helping the aunt sell of his collection.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:01:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Yup -- a brother and a sister duo (not MY brother and sister).  They were the adopted kids of a couple who were friends with my parents, so I played with the bro/sis whenever their parents would come over for a visit.

That young brother and sister duo ended up shooting their adoptive parents in their sleep.  Nothing in their behavior even hinted at that kind of evil.

This was 40+ years ago in a small northern town, and the duo were still very young (12?)  so it was pretty shocking.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:03:21 PM EDT
[#25]
A guy I went to school with killed his wife, then called 911 on himself. He was a little off, so if wasn't too hard to believe.

My sister's ex was "involved" in a situation that resulted in someone's death. But he was "no billed" by the court, and let go. The local paper wrote about that killing.

That's about it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:16:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Charlie Little. Shotguned his parents😢
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:22:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Yes I knew a guy that killed someone with an axe.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:24:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#29]
No.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:30:57 PM EDT
[#30]
I did shake hands with Hillary Clinton, '93ish.
I have felt The Hand of Death.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:33:05 PM EDT
[#31]
I knew a guy in the military that murder his own cousin and claimed self defense.  He owed his cousin money and was way past due.  Big money like 30K.  The cousin got tired of waiting and approached the guy I knew at a party and told him "times up."

This guy knew that his cousin always had a gun, AND his cousin also had a record as long as your arm for all kinds of petty crime but was trending towards more serious stuff lately. So he just shot the guy dead.  Then checked for the gun and pulled it out and put it in his hand.  Had all his friends vouch for his story saying his cousin pulled on him first.

Went to the Grand Jury and they didn't have enough evidence to charge him so he walked.  He walks around like OJ now
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:34:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Years ago, a friend killed his girlfriends parents after they did several hits of LSD.
Over 70 stab wounds in each body.
He used an embalming needle.

Dude was always a jerk but I was always close to everyone else in his family.
He's still in Leavenworth.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:36:01 PM EDT
[#33]
The victim used to be my partner. He was a good guy. My wife used to babysit the son when we were working the night shift sometimes. The son was so much younger and child-like back then.

https://fox4kc.com/news/son-of-wyandotte-county-sheriffs-captain-sentenced-for-killing-father/
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:36:54 PM EDT
[#34]
I went to high school with a guy who shot a guy in the face and killed him after joining the Army. I believe it was off base when he was stationed at Fort Hood.  He claimed he thought the gun had blanks in it and only did a few years in prison. The whole story reeked of BS to me but he’s out of prison now and enjoying life.  I’m still friends with him on Facebook.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:37:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Yep. Guy I went to school with killed an abusive asshole that cops did nothing about. He was convicted but never went to prison.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#36]
My former brother in law. He was a great dude, then he got hooked on drugs and stated huffing paint. He committed a couple of murders of gas station attendants back in the 90s.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#37]
In court with the bastards all day every day. Well, at least two days a week.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:41:48 PM EDT
[#38]
There was a local kid I knew(did some work for his dad from time to time)that walked into his ex girlfriends house one night and murdered both her and the new boyfriend then killed himself.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#39]
A guy I went to high school with stabbed a couple, killing one of them. He fled the scene but left behind his cellphone at the scene.

A former coworker drove drunk and killed a guy.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:02:23 PM EDT
[#40]
several.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:03:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MobileHomie] [#41]
Sold a home to a married couple, Ty and Linda about 7 years ago, second generation ranchers.  Found out before the house was finished who she was.
Linda Fields and her ex husband murdered their ranch boss for life insurance money, and disposed of the body in the Jordan River in Utah.
Linda Fields
She was also featured on an episode of Snapped.  Snapped
She was out of prison on a technicality and married a local boy from McDermitt, Ty.  They were buying a house shortly after his dad passed, turns out she was suspected of that.  Last spring the Ty's mother was killed on a four wheeler whilst herding cows, she was elderly and did not ride the quads according to other locals.
Ty thought or found out Linda put out a hit contract on him for his ranch.  He shot her in the face on a friday night at the bar.  He high tailed it back to the ranch and hid from the Sheriff for a couple of days before eating a bullet for himself.

When I was a young man about 21 years old I met Tim Dale, he had just got out of prison over a shooting in the '80s.  Years later Tim bludgeoned his brother and tossed him down a shaft at their gold mine.
A TRUE STORY: SOMETHING BAD HAPPENED HERE...
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:03:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By OKnativeson:
several.

View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:04:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Buddy was renting a house from a family friend.  Their son was having issues at home so my friend got a roommate.  Dude was a prick and after doing roids became a bigger prick. I knew him tangentially through my friend

Got a stripper GF with a kid. She dumped him and the cops caught him in her apartment complex bushes with a handgun. They cut him lose and handed over the gun

Dude went back to her place immediately and shot her to death in front of her kid outside her apartment. Landlord heard the shots and came out blasting. Hit him in the spine

Dude got life in prison and in a wheelchair.

Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:06:20 PM EDT
[#44]
https://www.silive.com/crime-safety/2023/10/former-pro-boxer-charged-with-dumping-daughters-body-at-staten-island-park-tries-to-speak-out-at-hearing.htmlyea I worked with this guy he murdered his daughter because she had become to Americanized , he was a laborer who worked for the company I work for , he told me one day he could trace his Egyptian blood back 500 years he did some bouncing in bars as well his son is was a good boxer as welll .
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:06:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Guy I went to middle school and high school with. Franky wasn't a bad kid, maybe smoked a little weed in high school but his older brother was a gang banger bully "Stomper". Everyone new to stay away from that asshole bully. Never stayed in contact with him as he was more of a close associate than a friend I hung out with out of school everyday.  Found out in 2017 he stabbed his older brother in the neck out front of the house, with their mom present. I checked Frank's Facebook and it seems he did go down the gang life road after high school
https://www.google.com/amp/s/ktla.com/news/local-news/riverside-man-arrested-for/amp/
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:08:46 PM EDT
[#46]
I know a woman who had an abortion
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:10:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6gunfighter2] [#47]
Okay, now that I have time to type all this out...

I have shared this story on this website a few times already over the years, in threads similar to this, but here goes again.

This story happened when I was a boy, a long time ago.

The neighborhood I grew up in was an average, white, middle class neighborhood - the kind of place where "bad things (and certainly not bad things like THIS) are supposed to happen," but this did.

Looking back, I guess that's part of what made the whole thing so shocking, to all of us who were there when it happened.

There was a boy I went to school with named "Don" (I'll use a pseudonym, for privacy reasons - no, not HIS privacy, but rather, my own, so details such as the exact town I grew up in are kept private).

Don was a little older than me, IIRC one year ahead of me, and he was 15 years old when this happened.

I knew Don casually from school, and he seemed just like any other ordinary kid to me (and to everyone else).  No one ever really paid any particular attention to him as far as I can recall.  Or, to put it another way,
I am not aware he was on anyone's "radar" so to speak, for being a nutcase.

Well, long story short, one day, a four year old girl who lived in a house neighboring where "Don" lived went missing, and there was a short but frantic search by her parents, law enforcement, and the community.

Everyone feared she had been kidnapped, but there were no immediate suspects.

Not long after that, however (and I forget how, exactly), they found her.

Or, more accurately, they found "what was left of her."

She had been murdered, cut up into pieces, and the pieces had been placed in hefty trash bags, with the curbside trash, for trash pickup - in front of "Don's" house.

Yep.

For reasons known only to himself and whatever voices he heard in his head, "Don" had abducted the girl, taken her down into the basement of his home, murdered her, then cut her up and bagged the body parts in trash bags.

Over the years I lost track of what, exactly, became of "Don."

My hope is that if he is still alive, then he is still locked up someplace.

Pure evil.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:13:04 PM EDT
[#48]
My brother had a high school buddy and they both got an opportunity to ride on a float in Mardi Gras. This is a big deal for anyone in Louisiana.

My brother scratched and saved and went through all of our old stuff and picked out stuff to throw. His friend, a quiet honor roll kid, decided he would break into an elderly neighbor’s house for money to spend.

Well, they came home while he was there, and he panicked and grabbed a kitchen knife and murdered both of them.

He was showing up at our house with boxes of new supplies and storing them there, the whole time knowing that he knew that couple was laying stabbed to death in a house near his.

Well, the cops showed up and said we need to confiscate that stuff because he had bought it with their stolen credit card.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:15:20 PM EDT
[#49]
OJ Simpson
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:18:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Several
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Top Top