Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 9:52:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I love steak… god I’m hungry
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 9:53:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 9:54:01 PM EDT
[#3]
You got dairy on the list?  No carbs or sugar?
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 9:55:24 PM EDT
[#4]
In before the constipation thread...
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 9:58:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RIP-Yataski:
View Quote

My dad ate like that.  A colon resection and Avastin at $16000 per shot saved him.

Enjoy.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:02:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kashtin] [#6]
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:02:30 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

I started it January 1 and have not been constipated at all.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:04:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 9mmmac:
You got dairy on the list?  No carbs or sugar?
View Quote

No dairy, carbs or sugars.

After a month I will start adding a little.

I am also working on portion control.

That steak will make 4 meals for me, where before I would eat the whole thing.

The only downside is that I am always cold now…

But I really have to drop some pounds.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:07:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Did the carnivore diet for a bit: totally constipated the shit out of me...turned to Paleo and helped me lose 50lbs over 3/4 months.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:18:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Clarinath:

View Quote

Can you give us some more details?

1) When you started
2) What’s changed since you started, statistics-wise?
3) What’s changed since you started, appetite-wise?
4) Has this increased or decreased your farting?
5) How has it impacted your energy levels?
6) What specific have you been consuming?
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:22:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm 3 months in to carnivore, beef, bacon, eggs, salt, water, flavorless electrolytes.

Make sure you eat enough fat. Fat is the fuel and fiber. Too much and you'll get the runs.

It's practically impossible to over eat. Your body produces limited bile every day, which digests the fat. Once you run out, the excess fat is waste. I under-ate in the beginning, which was awful. 3 giant meals now, ~1 lb each.

I've never been able to wake up in the morning refreshed, always brain fog. Now I'm up within 10 minutes of my alarm ready to go. I think caffeine makes me hung over.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:24:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I’m with you brother! Jan 1- Feb 1. Meat, eggs, water.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Need a reset after the holiday binge session!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:25:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I've been doing carnivore since April and constipation has never been an issue as long as I keep my fat intake high enough.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:36:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I couldn’t afford to eat like that these days.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:49:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Clarinath] [#15]
Originally Posted By Procyon:

View Quote

Can you give us some more details?

1) When you started-  I started January 1st.

2) What’s changed since you started, statistics-wise?-  I did not weigh myself before starting, but I was struggling to get into my jeans, and my belt was straining on the last hole.

3) What’s changed since you started, appetite-wise?-  In just 10 days, my jeans are more loose, and my belt is a bit loose on hole 2, a bit tight on hole 3.

4) Has this increased or decreased your farting?-  That was one of my wife’s big concerns and I am farting and pooping a lot less than I did before.  Not a whole lot of poop either.

5) How has it impacted your energy levels?-  No changes in energy.  Worst part is that I am cold most of the time because I am taking in far less calories than I had been.

6) What specific have you been consuming?-

Day one I had two chicken dark meat quarters.  
Day two I had chicken breast for lunch and dinner
Day three I had two cans of tuna
Day four I had venison steaks for lunch and dinner
Day five I had venison roast for lunch and dinner
Day 6-10 pulled pork for lunch and dinner.  Except for today, I had steak for supper tonight.

For snacks I have been eating hard boiled eggs or bacon.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:52:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By fullmetaledges:
View Quote

I have a metric shit ton of meat in the freezer.

We raise our own chickens for meat, wife is a great bow hunter, I got two deer last year with the rifle.

I have bear, duck, turkeys and venison burger out the wazoo.

I can eat meat for quite a while.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:54:07 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Not true. Been doing it since June. Has never happened.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:57:05 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Don’t worry about portion control on carnivore. There will be times or days that you unintentionally fast 18 or so hours because your hunger drive will be less after the withdrawal from carbs and sugar. My all beef, bacon and butter caloric i take doubled for two weeks. All labs improved, no statin and lost 30 pounds in 60 days.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:57:11 PM EDT
[#19]
I did it a few years back for about 2 months with minimal cheating. Lost about 20 lbs doing One Meal a Day + ribeye and eggs mainly.

The constipation thing is a myth.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:59:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Been 2 weeks,  I'm just eating meat, eggs, salad greens. I eat chicken, shrimp, fish, beef, pork etc..the only carbs I'm getting are the miniscule amount in the salad greens. No sugar, bread, pasta..just unsweetened tea with lemon, black coffee.

I've noticed alot of inflammation, gas that I've had for years has significantly reduced..1st 3 days were awful, tired, cranky..but energy levels are back up an I feel strangely good and I'm sleeping better. I also started walking everyday, I'm sure that's helped.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 11:03:37 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

You may be surprised once you quit buying all the canned and bags and boxes of processed shit.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 11:03:38 PM EDT
[#22]

For snacks I have been eating hard boiled eggs or bacon.
View Quote

If you have an Aldi's nearby their Simms brand beef sticks are a great very low carb treat.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 11:03:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kaos] [#23]
Not sad about what I have to eat

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/254555/IMG_6102_jpeg-3089570.JPG
View Quote
If you don't already:
watch some Dr Ken Berry, and Dr Anthony Chaffee vids on carnivore diet.
They're easy to find on youtube.

Edit to add:
Don't worry about portion control on carnivore, you'll know when you're done, you just feel like you've had enough, and usually wont be hungry until the next day's meal.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 11:09:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By 161Infantry:
Been 2 weeks,  I'm just eating meat, eggs, salad greens. I eat chicken, shrimp, fish, beef, pork etc..the only carbs I'm getting are the miniscule amount in the salad greens. No sugar, bread, pasta..just unsweetened tea with lemon, black coffee.

I've noticed alot of inflammation, gas that I've had for years has significantly reduced..1st 3 days were awful, tired, cranky..but energy levels are back up an I feel strangely good and I'm sleeping better. I also started walking everyday, I'm sure that's helped.
View Quote

Good for you!

No more joint pain for me. Thought I was full
Of arthritis as the doctors said. No more Meloxicam.

No more GERD meds and no events.  

Blood pressure dropped as did A1c. Snore less, sleep better and breathe better. Inflammation was a thing everywhere. My PFTs went up.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 11:09:16 PM EDT
[#25]
I watched a few already and some stuff with Dr Shawn Baker.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 11:11:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By kaos:
If you don't already:
watch some Dr Ken Berry, and Dr Anthony Chaffee vids on carnivore diet.
They're easy to find on youtube.

Edit to add:
Don't worry about portion control on carnivore, you'll know when you're done, you just feel like you've had enough, and usually wont be hungry until the next day's meal.
View Quote

I have noticed the fullness.

I generally eat at 6 or 7pm at night and don’t eat until 11am or noon the next day.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 11:18:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Good for you OP.

I started it back in September around 340 and am hovering around 250 now. Constipation wasn't and issue. Keto flu the first couple weeks was until everything stabilized. It's been pretty awesome seeing and feeling the changes. I wasn't a fan of veg/fruit so that hasn't been an issue either as far as cravings. The holidays can be rough what with limited menu but I was ready with alternatives.

To be honest, the only setback has been people noticing I've lost a shitton of weight and then having a hard time wrapping their head around how I did it and why.

Why weren't they dumbfounded when they saw me binge eating junk food?
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 11:20:06 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

shit vegan pinkos on reddit say ^

Been on it since last summer and have not had that issue.

I love carnivore.  It took me back to the same body I had at 25 and I feel damn near the same at 39.  Massive energy all the time.  I wasn't overweight before and I think I still cut like 15 lbs of crap weight.  

My daily routine:

Breakfast: two shots of espresso (completely black) + three eggs

Lunch: 1 lb 70/30 ground beef and a bit of hard cheese

Dinner: alternate eggs or more ground beef depending on what I want.

If I get hungry between meals I eat.

On Saturdays I have a cheat meal.  Sundays I start up on carnivore again.

Downside: on cheat days I cant even really eat dessert - sugar in high quantities makes me feel sick.

Just my opinion, but 90% of the shit you see the average fatass American suffering from is from the typical low fat/massively sugary diet everyone has.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 11:26:17 PM EDT
[#29]
This is a great thread, thank you for all of the great carnivore posts.

It’s hard to do this with a family of 4 eating differently at supper, but I am only 10 days into, we will see how things work.

From the stories here there are a lot of guys doing it long term, and I wouldn’t be sad to keep going.

Bro in law owns a butcher shop, so I get the family rate on meat.

Makes a huge difference.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 11:46:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By mike240:

You may be surprised once you quit buying all the canned and bags and boxes of processed shit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mike240:

Eggs and the big tubes of 80/20 beef are pretty cheap especially when you are buying nothing else.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 11:58:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By revengeismine:
Did the carnivore diet for a bit: totally constipated the shit out of me...turned to Paleo and helped me lose 50lbs over 3/4 months.
View Quote

This seems.....counterintuitive.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 12:18:25 AM EDT
[#32]
While i certainly won't knock it, for most folks they'll see good results from a diet like this simply because they are cutting a bunch of garbage sugar and empty carbs.

Short of using it as an elimination diet to try and isolate food related medical issues I don't think it's necessary to go full carnivore. Leafy greens and a few other low carb veggies as well as some nuts, berries and shit like avocado and coconut oil are all really good additions to a diet.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 12:20:59 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Yeah fiber is a "carb" but really helps keep things moving and maintain a good gut biome while not actually being a digestible carb.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 12:22:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Not sad about what I have to eat…

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/254555/IMG_6102_jpeg-3089570.JPG
View Quote

You're eating Florida?
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 12:24:04 AM EDT
[#35]

I have a metric shit ton of meat in the freezer.

We raise our own chickens for meat, wife is a great bow hunter, I got two deer last year with the rifle.

I have bear, duck, turkeys and venison burger out the wazoo.

I can eat meat for quite a while.
View Quote

Game meat can be way too lean especially if your not eating organs and brains...

Link Posted: 1/11/2024 10:08:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Been doing carnivore/ketovore for a little over 2 years now. Was able to come off BP meds, eczema is under control, more energy, less pain. Still learning the inns and outs, but have learned that my body does not like seasonings(other than salt). So I try to eat mostly beef (grass-fed, ribeye when able). I have learned that most dairy (greek yogurt, cheese) absolutely wrecks my gut, even on strict carnivore. My stapes now are about 1.5-1.75 lbs FATTY beef meat (ribeye, grass-fed gound beef(80/20 minimal) and 4-6 eggs (pasture raised), salt (Redmonds or Maldon), French butter (presidente), water-sanpellegrino, electrolytes as needed.  Rinse and repeat.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 10:12:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By kcobean:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kcobean:

IIRC the soccer players that survived the Andes plane crash battled constipation.  Not sure if that data point applies here though.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 10:34:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Obo2:
While i certainly won't knock it, for most folks they'll see good results from a diet like this simply because they are cutting a bunch of garbage sugar and empty carbs.

Short of using it as an elimination diet to try and isolate food related medical issues I don't think it's necessary to go full carnivore. Leafy greens and a few other low carb veggies as well as some nuts, berries and shit like avocado and coconut oil are all really good additions to a diet.
View Quote

I think for some people that can handle oxalates, things like avocados and nuts can be ok. I wouldn't say they are good across the board, especially for folks like me that suffer from autoimmune conditions. Both are high in oxalates, which for me at least seems to make me sicker. I grew up all my life with people saying I needed to eat that stuff because it was good for me, but I was taking 3 medications while I was eating that way along with OTC meds for gut and digestion issues. Im not at all saying that carnivore is the answer for everyone either but there is something that seems to be healing about it, at least for a period of time.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 10:39:39 AM EDT
[#39]
On day 10, not really full carnivore though cause I am eating some veggies (no fruit, sugars).

Only gonna do this for a month or so.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 10:43:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Krauss] [#40]
I’m on day 9 myself. No carbs or sugar for me.

Man you really feel fucked up by day 5 lol. Explosive shits and all.

Start to level out. Energy is back. Shits are still come and go. What really help was upping electrolytes and really staying hydrated.

I’m not fat, @170 but I needed to lean out and I was getting a dad belly.

I was 160 this morning so down 10lbs in 9 days. I can see my abs again! I’m pretty fit other, lift and run regularly.

So far so good.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 10:46:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Seth_Livzz:

If you have an Aldi's nearby their Simms brand beef sticks are a great very low carb treat.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/20909/zero-sugar-smoked-sausage_jpg-3089671.JPG
View Quote

I will say that I have learned on my journey that my body will not tolerate most pre-cooked meats or dried foods. Especially with any seasonings. If it says anything other than the meat, water and salt, it's a no go for me. If I need a meal on the run I will usually boil some eggs and grab the cleanest sardines in water. Made it all through Europe last year with that same dietary restriction and it worked out great and easy.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 10:46:31 AM EDT
[#42]
I lost a bunch of weight on Keto. I took in 25 g of carbs a day. Within 4 months I had lost about 40 lbs. I added carbs back in moderation and I've kept the weight off.

It's amazing to me how before I could eat a whole steak and fries, but once I cut the fries out a whole ribeye was too much.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 10:48:16 AM EDT
[#43]

The only downside is that I am always cold now

View Quote
why no dairy? the fats in dairy are good for you.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 10:49:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Add fish, particularly salmon, for the good fats
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 11:11:03 AM EDT
[#45]
I'm kinda of doing this with keto. end up just eating meat, but not always intentionally. I ate like 1.5 pounds of burgers (ground rib eye) yesterday and I likely won't eat again until saturday. It's really easy to add IF or 48 hour fasts when you're keto adapted and weigh a bit too much as it is. I'm down ~6 pounds in 10 days so far and adding weight to my lifts like I was a younger man.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 11:23:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:
why no dairy? the fats in dairy are good for you.
View Quote

Dairy is inflammatory for a lot of people. Plenty of fats in beef.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 11:28:20 AM EDT
[#47]
My wife has had great success with it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 11:44:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Is anyone doing this having regular blood tests? Specifically for kidney function?
I've heard that a diet like this is hard on your kidneys.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 11:45:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By xciapup:

My dad ate like that.  A colon resection and Avastin at $16000 per shot saved him.

Enjoy.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By xciapup:

Enjoy.

To discount the possibility of constipation in a strict carnivore diet is a bit disingenuous.

I'm not anti-carnivore diet.  It's not for me, but it works for others.

I had a carnivore cultist tell me it was fine he hadn't shit in a week because "he excretes protein in his urine".  He couldn't grasp that this wasn't normal.

I haven't seen him in the gym since then.  

Even "King Carnivore" Baker eats eggs, dairy, yogurt, and fruit.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 11:51:12 AM EDT
[#50]
i've lost just over 10 lbs in 4 days.  got a stomach bug.  0 stars.  would not recommend.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 36
Top Top