Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 12/31/2023 1:10:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DKUltra]
I stopped drinking alcohol a few weeks back, in preparation for going hardcore on exercise and diet. I have about 80lbs to lose, with a goal of June, if not sooner. Going for a 20/4 fast, with calories around 1500 a day for the first month. Will adjust if needed. The only good gym in this area is always jam packed with people, so had to settle for a grungy one.

Will update my results every Fri here in this post!

Who's with me .

Starting weight 355

week 4  341 only lost 1lb this week

week 10?  338
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:11:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DK-Prof] [#1]
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:14:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m planning the same thing. I only need to drop about 25 pounds so I’m laying off the extra sugar and we’re going back on our walking regimen.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:16:44 PM EDT
[#3]
My goal before christmas was to lose 20 pounds and hit my goal weight, which I haven't been under since college. After christmas I only have 28 to go

that said, I get to buy a 2011 when I hit it, so pretty much not going to eat in January
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:17:26 PM EDT
[#4]
The alcohol avoidance will help. You can always buy a home gym or an elliptical.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:24:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DKUltra] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tjf777:
The alcohol avoidance will help. You can always buy a home gym or an elliptical.
View Quote
I have some free weights for home use. I dont really have room right now for machines. Will have to rely on the gym for now. My health insurance pays up to $25 a month for gym membership, so that makes it Free for the gym/level I chose.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:25:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm with ya OP. My target is 30#, more if I can.

Exercise is difficult with my ailments, but I can walk, so that's my plan. 30 minutes on the treadmill everyday while lifting dumbbells and cutting back on the calorie intake. Not a lot, but manageable.

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:28:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fulcrum-5] [#7]
Yep. I'm onboard. Going to a 18/6 IF schedule, on a Keto regimen.  Starting tomorrow.

Gotta cold turkey the Cherry Coke (my heroin).  That's going to be rough.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Good luck.  I got a head start lol.  Started eating for one (instead of two or even three) and lifting back in October.  I'm down about 25 pounds so far.  I'd like to get off about 25 more.  I feel so much better and my clothes fit again.  

It gets away from you.  The past couple years have been crazy.  Huge out of state relocation didn't help.  You would think moving from Cajun South Louisiana to here I would have LOST weight.  The food mostly sucks compared to back home lol.  I managed to overcome it however.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:33:03 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

I drink beer.  Lots of it.  I also tend to eat WAY too much.  If I can keep the eating under control, I can still have my beer.  Thank God.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:34:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I haven’t had any alcohol for a year as of last Friday.  I actually gained five pounds because I craved sweets-especially chocolate-so much once I stopped drinking.  

I’m on the sugar wagon now, so eating healthier with more fruit and I’ll try to run or walk more although my knees are shot.  If that doesn’t work I’ll go back to drinking and lose weight on a liquid diet lol.

If I can get drop 10 lbs I’ll be happy.  

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:35:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Definitely going to cut back on the alcohol this year.

Those evening cocktails do pack on the calories?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:36:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Last year I lost a total of 71 pounds.  Between Thanksgiving and today I gained 16.

I'm at 230 now.  My long term goal is 185 by one year from today.  Actually I want to be at 185 by Memorial Day which is a more aggressive goal.  

Either way, I want to drop 45 pounds in 2024.  

My plan is the same, sensible eating with limited carbs/sugar/fat and portion control.   Plus walking 3 miles per day.  I'm adding a weighted backpack to my walking.  This is what worked in 2023, so I think I can continue for 2024.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:37:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Get it OP!

October, November and some of December wrecked my weight goals....Three kids and holidays do it every year.
Ive got ten pounds to shed to get my normal weight but already working on it...

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:39:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Me too. Drink beer and then lose all my fucks once given. I I eat like a "My 600lb Life" audition when drinkin'. Gotta stop dammit!
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:46:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm hoping to finish losing weight in 8 weeks.

Then try to add muscle for a few months.

Then diet down again for a show in summer.

I have had a hard time staying consistent so well see how it goes but that's the plan.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:46:42 PM EDT
[#16]
In!  

Gotta lose that cruise buffet weight... And all the other weight.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:50:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Me too. Drink beer and then lose all my fucks once given. I I eat like a "My 600lb Life" audition when drinkin'. Gotta stop dammit!
View Quote

I tend to do the same.  I have found if I eat a small, healthy meal about halfway through my drinking before I get too buzzed then drink a LOT of water then go to bed it keeps the "drunk munchies" away a little.  Most of the time...
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:58:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Bronsonburner:

I tend to do the same.  I have found if I eat a small, healthy meal about halfway through my drinking before I get too buzzed then drink a LOT of water then go to bed it keeps the "drunk munchies" away a little.  Most of the time...
View Quote

Will try. About 30 lbs over but still workout damn near every day. Living proof you cant exercise your way out of a poor diet.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:01:28 PM EDT
[#19]

I drink beer.  Lots of it.  I also tend to eat WAY too much.  If I can keep the eating under control, I can still have my beer.  Thank God.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Alcohol weakens my resolve. Second half of pizza 30min before bed? F it, down the hatch! Half a dozen cookies with ice cold half n half right before bed? F it, down the hatch.

Who knew the pizza and beer diet is bad for you! Lol
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:03:46 PM EDT
[#20]

Will try. About 30 lbs over but still workout damn near every day. Living proof you cant exercise your way out of a poor diet.
View All Quotes

No, you can't.  The old adage "it's 80% in the kitchen, 20% in the gym" is the truth.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:04:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bronsonburner] [#21]
Originally Posted By DKUltra:
Alcohol weakens my resolve. Second half of pizza 30min before bed? F it, down the hatch! Half a dozen cookies with ice cold half n half right before bed? F it, down the hatch.

View All Quotes

Man pizza is my biggest weakness.  Also my GOAT food.  Why can't it be ground turkey or similar?
ETA:  About twelve years ago I went on a big health/weight loss campaign.  Had dropped about thirty pounds.  Was running 3-4 miles a day, hitting the weights three times a week, and eating SUPER clean.  They had a "going away" party at work one night.  Supervisor ordered a dozen Domino's pizzas of every variety.  Domino's sucks but we all know how it is at work.  Everything is good lol.  I was like .
I somehow survived the shift without touching a single slice.  It was honestly one of the biggest tests of my resolve I ever endured.  Went on to lose twenty more that summer.  Since gained it all back hence my current campaign.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:09:18 PM EDT
[#22]
I need to lose 20lbs by the middle of May. Currently 175lbs. I probably need to lose 30lbs in all. But definitely 20lbs by May. The Doods are getting big.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:10:22 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm in. My goal is 50lb in 2024. I know I can do it as I lost 30 in the last 4 months of '23.

It's not easy but diet and a bit of movement will get me there...
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:10:57 PM EDT
[#24]
I lost 43 lbs in 2023.  This year only need to cut for summer.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:11:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DrFrige] [#25]
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:10:08 PM EDT
[#26]

Man pizza is my biggest weakness.  Also my GOAT food.  Why can't it be ground turkey or similar?
ETA:  About twelve years ago I went on a big health/weight loss campaign.  Had dropped about thirty pounds.  Was running 3-4 miles a day, hitting the weights three times a week, and eating SUPER clean.  They had a "going away" party at work one night.  Supervisor ordered a dozen Domino's pizzas of every variety.  Domino's sucks but we all know how it is at work.  Everything is good lol.  I was like .
I somehow survived the shift without touching a single slice.  It was honestly one of the biggest tests of my resolve I ever endured.  Went on to lose twenty more that summer.  Since gained it all back hence my current campaign.
View All Quotes

Domino's is not a favorite of mine. Years ago when I lost a bunch of weight. I would just scrape the toppings off of a slice or two, and throw the crust away.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:14:16 PM EDT
[#27]
I still haven’t lost the weight I packed on during the Covid shenanigans, I need to make it happen.

Guess I’m in on this one.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:19:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
I still haven’t lost the weight I packed on during the Covid shenanigans, I need to make it happen.

Guess I’m in on this one.
View Quote

Sounds convincing, goodluck
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:26:13 PM EDT
[#29]
I am going to have steak and lobster, with grilled asparagus, and a crusty baguette, as a last regular meal tonight.

My first meal tomorrow will be:

Romain salad with oil n vinegar, mixed veggies.

Chicken breast, veggies with one cup of rice

Trying for 1200-1500 calories a day for the first month. Then might increase it to 1500-2000 a day.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:27:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Domino's is not a favorite of mine. Years ago when I lost a bunch of weight. I would just scrape the toppings off of a slice or two, and throw the crust away.
View All Quotes

About the only pizza I will refuse is a microwaved Totino's (yes my wife does this).  Pizza to me is like sex.  Even when it's bad, it's good.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:29:21 PM EDT
[#31]
I am going to have steak and lobster, with grilled asparagus, and a crusty baguette, as a last regular meal tonight.

My first meal tomorrow will be:

Romain salad with oil n vinegar, mixed veggies.

Chicken breast, veggies with one cup of rice

Trying for 1200-1500 calories a day for the first month. Then might increase it to 1500-2000 a day.
View Quote

That's brutal.  Don't advise.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:29:59 PM EDT
[#32]
My goal is to drop 15 lbs by March. I gained 18 in December.

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:36:28 PM EDT
[#33]
I’ve almost lost 30 pounds thus far in 2023, my hope is to lose another 20 in 2024.

Major dietary changes due to celiac have helped a lot.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:39:19 PM EDT
[#34]
I’d like to lose my final 20-30 lbs.   I’ve lost 60 over the past 6 years.   My weight has plateaued the past year but I have lost fat and clothes fit much better due to adding muscle.  
I want to make more progress this year.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:43:45 PM EDT
[#35]
I started my weight loss program about 2 months ago, weighing in initially at 256.
Weigh in on Thursday was at 241.
I hope to maintain that rate and get back down to about 210.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:47:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Lost 40lbs this year (about 9 months) and have slowed down on really counting everything. I plan on dropping to just below 200lbs once the new year rolls over.  Started at 245, now at 205-210 comfortably. Feel amazing.  Counted macros, ate approx 2500 calories a day, found a woman on social medias with legit delicious recipes and haven’t looked back. Workout 4-5 days a week and it honestly fell off.

You guys got this, nose to the stone!
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:49:51 PM EDT
[#37]
In.  I could stand to lose 80lbs.  My plan is to get my fat ass back on my bicycle
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:51:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By 6BB0:
Lost 40lbs this year (about 9 months) and have slowed down on really counting everything. I plan on dropping to just below 200lbs once the new year rolls over.  Started at 245, now at 205-210 comfortably. Feel amazing.  Counted macros, ate approx 2500 calories a day, found a woman on social medias with legit delicious recipes and haven’t looked back. Workout 4-5 days a week and it honestly fell off.

You guys got this, nose to the stone!
View Quote

Nice work!  Almost my story exactly.  I went from 220 to 180, probably just missed 10% bodyfat by a point.  Counted calories and exercised daily.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:01:41 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm in. I need to start holding myself accountable. I started a new job in May and went from walking 5 plus miles a day to pretty much sitting all day. Kept eating like I was walking all the time. I'd live to lose 80 pounds but would be happy with 60.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:08:41 PM EDT
[#40]
get yourself some tirzepatide

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:16:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CaliContractor] [#41]
Originally Posted By dog-meat:
get yourself some tirzepatide

View Quote

Negative, Jesus everybody wants a cheat button for life.

Look there is no shortcuts in life, do the work be disciplined. Healthy is a lifestyle. That shit you linked is a bandaid on a femoral bleed.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:25:32 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm in. I need to drop 30#.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:33:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: macman37] [#43]
Lost 6 lbs over the last couple days with whatever this crud I have is
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:33:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Okay, I'm game been down to 195 since I stopped drinking during early rona and seem to be stuck.

Would be nice to hit my peak fitness weight of 175 from HS.

-P
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:33:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mancat] [#45]
I lost nearly 50lb in the past year.

I did stop drinking beer. Honestly I was just tired of it. Made me feel bloated and tired. If I want alcohol I have red wine, but since losing weight I don't need to drink much of it.

I just started eating less. Usually for breakfast a slice of whole grain toast with jam and a banana or orange. I used to have one or two whole bowls of cereal in the morning. Our milk usage tanked when I stopped eating cereal. We now keep shelf stable milk (still refrigerated) if the kids want cereal.

Lunch, usually some sort of vegetables, brown rice, etc.

Dinner, whatever is on the menu, just smaller portions of it. No going back for seconds on anything except salad.

Stopped eating most bread aside from my toast in the morning. No more rolls and biscuits.

Drink more water. Lots more.

Above all else, cut out all the snacking in the evening. Sometimes I was having an entire bowl of cereal at midnight before going to bed. If I'm hungry I'll have an apple or some dried apricots or prunes.

Started hitting the crunch wheel and doing sets of 50 push-ups again several times a day.

I'm 6'4" and went from nearly 230lb to 180lb. Get compliments from people as well as many people telling me to eat more. My mom asked if I have cancer

During hunting season this year rucking through the hills my energy was off the charts. Felt great, like back when I was running cross country long ago - now I need to get off my ass and pick up that habit again

I decided to make an effort for a few reasons.. I was starting to literally FEEL fat. I could feel my shirt hiking up around my waist. I could feel my gut when bending over to pick stuff up, playing with the kids, etc. The last straw was looking through my grandpa's WWII cruise book and seeing pictures of him and his buddies on the beach. I look exactly like my grandpa, except he was built, and my growing flab was just hiding all of that. I was sick of it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:40:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Dropped 22lbs and built muscle since mid Sept. I'm in for 30 more!
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:46:52 PM EDT
[#47]
i did this challenge last year starting in nov 2022 and lost 85 lbs from nov 2022- jun 2023 from 265 to 180.

i eased up on the diet and workouts pretty much all of dec and started feeling like shit although i didnt gain any weight. im down for another 10lbs and my goal this year is visible abs although i have some loose skin from the weight loss im not sure how visible they will be.

i still have fat to lose and im working on cardio and strength training.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:55:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dog-meat] [#48]
Originally Posted By CaliContractor:

Negative, Jesus everybody wants a cheat button for life.

Look their is no shortcuts in life, do the work be disciplined. Healthy is a lifestyle. That shit you linked is a bandaid on a femoral bleed.
View Quote

I didn't link anything. I made a comment.

better living through chemistry.

Your take is akin to telling the depressed to "just cheer up", the alcoholic to "just stop drinking". True and sounds do-able, but in practice it doesn't work. Feels good to say for the people who want it to be a character and superiority issue though.

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:54:15 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

According to who? Fucking liars.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:58:28 PM EDT
[#50]
I dropped about 50lbs a couple of years ago on keto and it put me right about where I want to be. Unfortunately, I'm back to resembling my username.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top