Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2004 3:51:53 AM EDT
Okay guys,

Aim4 had a couple of minutes to spare yesterday and gave me a call.

His shift hours will be returning to a more normal rotation soon, and as a result he will not have as much access to a computer to check in with us.
 When asked how things were going, he said they look a lot better than they did over the weekend. It is just unreal the amount of damage down there. TV can only capture a fraction of that. The level of destruction is almost unthinkable.
 He has recieved several dozen IM messages, and will respond to them when he can. But it will take a while due to lack of access.

He said he can't express his gratitude from behind a keyboard, and wanted me to tell you all how much he is floored by our outpouring of help and support. A Thank You will never do it justice.
I told him we are all family here on ARFCOM, and it is our way of lending a hand to those who need it the most. I told him it was a way for those of us who weren't affected by the storm to have a way to personaly help those who were.

So, from Aim4MyHead (aka J.) "Thanks Guys. You have no idea how much this means to me."

For those who don't know what I am talking about, here is the thread of what happened.

Aim4Myhead's Hurricane Survival Link (team members link)

And here is an address to send to.

Aim4
c/o M. Kane
3685 Winkler Ave. #937
Ft Myers , FL 33916

Wal-Mart gift cards are a good "one size fits all".

Here are his sizes
Socks : large, crew sock.
shoes/boots 10 to 10-1/2
Underwear M to a L..
T-shirts large or an extra large if it shrinks in shirts.
Pants/shorts.. waist is 32 to a 33 . inseam is usually the same 32-33
(BDU color is blue or black)

Quoted from his original thread..."I grabbed a pair of jeans and some BDU shorts. I lost all my BDUs for work, the rest of my jeans and my shorts as well. My as well. I lost other small stuff as well like hats, my patch collection, range gear and some duty gear but, i don't NEED it."

Again...he wants us to know that typed words will never express his thanks.

Stoney-Point

Aim4's situation in a nutshell is he lives in FL and lost his apartment and all his stuff to Hurricane Charley. He is staying with a friend until he can figure out his next step. When I say all his stuff, I mean ALL his stuff except for a few items he took with him.

He is LEO.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 3:56:33 AM EDT
[#1]
The link just takes me to the forums page . . . What does Aim4 do for work?  He said BDU shorts and I do not know what those are . . . I never got those issued at BCT.   Is he LEO?  Does he have PayPal?

Jame Retief
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:09:06 AM EDT
[#2]
That is a link to the Team Forum...might want to fix that.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:37:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Does he have PayPal?

PayPal...  Can someone close to him setup something?  Can he setup something?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:38:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:41:52 AM EDT
[#5]
If he calls again soon I will ask about pay-pal.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:57:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Keep in mind too folks, a D/D killed his fiance and son last year. The challenges that God has placed on him at this point in his life are immense, for those of you reading/lurking: even if a financial donation isn't possible, a note or letter or card of encouragement will do wonders for his spirit. It takes a very stong man to survive what he has been through. Keep him in your prayers.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:59:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Keep in mind too folks, a D/D killed his fiance and son last year. The challenges that God has placed on him at this point in his life are immense, for those of you reading/lurking: even if a financial donation isn't possible, a note or letter or card of encouragement will do wonders for his spirit. It takes a very stong man to survive what he has been through. Keep him in your prayers.

My very first-ever:

PLUS ONE
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:00:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Agreed.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:02:31 AM EDT
[#9]
 Any way to get some WalMart type cards and stuff to him so he can use them ASAP???

I'll be GLAD to send out a hundred bucks worth!

Oops...just saw the address!!!  I'll hit Wally World this a.m.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:07:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:13:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:21:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Geez, I feel like an asshole for not seeing this earlier. Heading to Wallyworld ASAP for AIM4. No one should have to  go through as much as he has over the past year.

Beer Slayer, thanks for the link!! Wallyworld  Gcard sent to Aim4, you'll get it next Wednesday Bro!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:37:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:03:37 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
walmart gift card online purchase

these take a day or 2 to ship but they can be ordered online as well.

mike

THANK YOU!  

I was trying to find some way to do that yesterday but was apparently too stupid to find it! This is really helpful for those of us that want to help but don't have the time to run to wally world.

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:11:04 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I have to go to Wallyworld tomorrow morning.  I'll be picking up a gift card to forward to the JBT.

Fuckin A, I sent DVDTracker $50, when he was collecting for Sarge.  The least I can do is double that for a real man.

Want to know why I sent my first $$$ to ARFCOM a few years back, to become a Team Member?    If you don't care, hit the x on the upper right of this screen.  If you want to see how folks here care about others, keep reading.

I was a non paying member who started a thread asking for prayers for 2 families in GD.  All I wanted was for you folks to pray for these people.

One family, friends of a good friend of mine,  was on their way home from church.  Their van got tboned by a drunk driver.  My friend's 9 year old daughter lost her best friend in that "accident".  I was the one that told my friend that his daughter's best friend was not going to make it.

The second family are friends of mine.  Dad was a self employed painter.  Mom made money however she could.  Dad had fallen off a ladder 2 years prior, and couldn't do much, due to his injuries.  They had no health insurance.  Dad had internal injuries, and was in the Hospital where I work, when I posted the prayer request.  

It gets worse.  Their oldest son quit his job, sold a 1998 Cobra, and bought a beater pickup to try to keep the family business going.  A week later(the same day as the "accident" above), his little brother, who had been told to gather his shit and find somewhere else to live, comes over to Jeremy's garage to collect his stuff.  He comes at 0100.  With his crack pipe.

Good move.  Fire up your pipe in a garage full of painting supplies.  Fucking brilliant!

The garage was blown to the ground, along with all my friend's tools and supplies that were in it.  Now, they have nothing.  Not a fucking thing, but a Father in Renal Failure, and a belligerent 16 year old crack monster in a Burn Unit.  And no medical insurance.

Goatboy saw the thread, and IM'ed me with his cell #.  I called, we talked.  GB told me to start a thread, asking for assistance for my friends.  He told me that if I would start a thread, he would tack it.  

I slept on it.  I had already given Jeremy all of my disposable cash, and I don't like asking for handouts for myself, much less someone you folks will never know.

When I logged back on here, GB had authored and tacked a thread, asking for help for my friends.

I IM'ed GB, thanking him and promising to pony up the (then) $60 for a membership.  His response was "Give the $60 to Jeremy.  You can find $$$ to give to us later.  He needs it more than we do."

That's the short form of why I am a paying member here.

Pay it forward.  Any questions?

I need to go blow my nose.

You really should have a warning at the top, I don't keep tissues by the computer.  [crying]

I have been praying a lot for him, and I will send something.  It may not be much, but I will contribute as much as we can.  

<sniff><sniff> I need tissue now.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:07:50 AM EDT
[#16]
 Package outbound!!!  But it's gonna take a while...went a bit crazy !!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:59:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Looks like I got back in time.

Incoming Aim4. Hang in there buddy, we're here for you.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:22:17 PM EDT
[#18]
IM sent.

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:17:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Keep in mind too folks, a D/D killed his fiance and son last year. The challenges that God has placed on him at this point in his life are immense, for those of you reading/lurking: even if a financial donation isn't possible, a note or letter or card of encouragement will do wonders for his spirit. It takes a very stong man to survive what he has been through. Keep him in your prayers.[/quote

Done!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:31:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Don't worry about the paypal, Wal-mart got the card sent (not as good as cash, but . . . )

Jame Retief
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:47:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Does he have PayPal?

PayPal...  Can someone close to him setup something?  Can he setup something?

There is stuff you can not buy at WalMart...  Keep diggin' on this one.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:23:01 PM EDT
[#23]

Any word on a Target in the area?

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:58:37 PM EDT
[#24]
I was down in Lake Wales two days bringing supplies for friends at a DZ that was wiped out. The destruction is unbelievable and I wasnt very far into the disaster zone.
Aim has been kicked hard and then kicked while he was down. Take what you spend at the range one day and send it down.
He has to rebuild his whole physical world from scratch just while he was trying to rebuild his whole emotional world.
Stoney, I sent a check to the name and addy in the Team thread but if we could get his name we dont need paypal to send checks and we dont have to send money to a third party.
Perhaps you could IM his name to those who want to send money and not gift cards. Check with Aim on this one.
If you want to donate to the Red Cross disaster relief fund, here's a way to double your money:

Progress Energy Red Cross disaster relief matching funds
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:54:27 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Any word on a Target in the area?

Bigfeet

I dont know where he is, but his friends addy is in FT Myers. Next to that is Cape Coral. There is a Target there on the corner of Veterans and Santa Barbara that I am aware of.

Hope it helps.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:00:01 AM EDT
[#26]
How about Postal Money Order's will they work OK ,Ken
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:52:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Wally World card inbound!

God bless!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:22:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Another Walmart card inbound. Prayers too!  Hang in there Aim4!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:22:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Sent a Walmart card this morning to your snail-mail address.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:57:02 AM EDT
[#30]
PMO is on the way  ,    Ken

Quoted:
How about Postal Money Order's will they work OK ,Ken

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:44:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Aim was knockned to the ground last year, and now stomped on while he was down.

All of his photo's of his Fiance and Son were lost to Charlie.  So all he has left is a photo he posted on the forums and his memories.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:16:06 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
walmart gift card online purchase

these take a day or 2 to ship but they can be ordered online as well.

mike

That works great $$ sent!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:28:03 AM EDT
[#33]
I hope he is doing good feel bad for him !!!, but many  people need help alot of people lost everything !!!

Thank you to all that help!!!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:32:47 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

There is stuff you can not buy at WalMart...  Keep diggin' on this one.

Already done....the only problem was that no matter how hard I tried I couldn't fit the flippin' flamethrower in the box!!!  Figured he could use it on looters or stubborn brush.

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:52:10 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Aim was knockned to the ground last year, and now stomped on while he was down.

All of his photo's of his Fiance and Son were lost to Charlie.  So all he has left is a photo he posted on the forums and his memories.

That's really fucked up !!!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:16:51 AM EDT
[#36]

Posted By CS223:

+1                            

tagged in team forum
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 2:14:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Wow...this guy has been through the fire lately...first his family and now this! We need to find out how to get cash to him ASAP..I think the Wally cards are great but there is one draw back...you can only use them at walmart..If we can get a paypal account info..I will send a chunk the first of next week!!!

My prayers are with you,brother!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 1:19:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:02:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Wally card is on the way! sent Thursday priority, so hopefully you have it already!)
Best of luck to you Aim4! Hang tough!

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:10:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Wallyworld gift card inbound for the man.  Hang tough.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:06:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Heads Up J!  Wally World g.c. inbound!  Prayers upbound!

-YJ
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:43:43 PM EDT
[#42]
PayPal sent. Hope a little cash can help.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:44:26 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Send your PayPal to me, and I'll cover the %3 fees and send out the cash to Jay(Aim), along with a little somethin' from me.  I'll also send a long any message you have for Jay.

PayPal: [email protected]

Payment inbound. Based on the number of others who have contributed, I figured cash would be useful. Thanks for taking care of this Troy.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:29:55 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Send your PayPal to me, and I'll cover the %3 fees and send out the cash to Jay(Aim), along with a little somethin' from me.  I'll also send a long any message you have for Jay.

-Troy

I sent some funds via Paypal tonight.  Let us know if you need help with the fees.  Thanks Troy!

Mike
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

-Troy

I wish I had read this before I bought the gift card.  Oh well, maybe Wally World has a grocery store where he lives?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:53:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:44:42 PM EDT
[#47]
paypal sent.  I lived in Port Charlotte for 2 years.  The house I lived in, is GONE.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:36:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Thanks again Troy!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:16:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Thanks Troy for getting the cash situation good to go.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top