BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2004 11:20:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/6/2004 11:24:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/6/2004 11:26:08 AM EDT
[#2]
or how much for throat-seeking ninja stars?
Link Posted: 7/6/2004 11:28:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I may try those, as long as nobody will be offended if I don't use their proper names. I just feel funny talking about doing my 'water-breathing' excercises.
Link Posted: 7/6/2004 12:05:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/6/2004 12:17:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I just crapped my pants!
Link Posted: 7/6/2004 12:23:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Ninja?  I thought that was Lamaze (Hoo-Hoo-Hoo...Hee-Hee-Hee)
Link Posted: 7/6/2004 12:36:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't forget about the 5th elemental breathing technique:

Mexican Burrito Element - This one is more to control acid reflux.  The key is to allow maximum exposue to the esophagus so the maalox can work as fast as possible.

When your throat is on fire from eating too much tobasco sauce or enchiladas, grab a chilled bottle of maalox and invert it into your mouth, take two pulls and slam the bottle on the table.  Next, grab the table with both hands, inhale over 5 seconds, then, let out a very satisfying exhale in 2 seconds.

Sit back and enjoy the day.
Link Posted: 7/6/2004 10:34:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/6/2004 10:37:13 PM EDT
[#9]
And we only come out at night because if we fly to close to the sun it burns.
Link Posted: 7/6/2004 10:38:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Don't forget about the 5th elemental breathing technique:

Mexican Burrito Element - This one is more for control acid reflux.  The key is to allow maximum exposue to the esophagus so the maalox can work as fast as possible.

When your throat is on fire from eating too much tobasco sauce or enchiladas, grab a chilled bottle of maalox and invert it into your mouth, take two pulls and slam the bottle on the table.  Next, grab the table with both hands, inhale over 5 seconds, then, let out a very satisfying exhale in 2 seconds.

Sit back and enjoy the day.

Too funny, you actually stay awake at night thinking this shyte up?
Link Posted: 7/6/2004 10:41:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/6/2004 10:43:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Speaking of ninjas...   In The Last Samurai, were those ninjas that attacked the village at night during the play?

Edited to fix spelling.  Damn I wish there was a spell checker in Firefox like I had in Internet Explorer.
Link Posted: 7/6/2004 10:43:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/6/2004 10:45:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/6/2004 10:51:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Which element is represented by exhaling thru your butt?

CW
Link Posted: 7/6/2004 11:39:01 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

CW

That would be a combonation of water, & earth, known as mudd.
Link Posted: 7/7/2004 4:18:56 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CW

That would be a combonation of water, & earth, known as mudd.

Yes, it is essential to learn combinations such as these if you ever want to perfect your pants crapping technique!!!!!

Steyr...did they ever teach you kick ass guitar shredding techniques?
Link Posted: 7/7/2004 5:02:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/7/2004 5:08:14 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I never learned to do backflips off of buildings or how to shoot fire out of my hands but in my time spent studying genuine ninjutsu methods I found the following to be some of the more useful teachings.

4 Elements Breathing Techniques. These are 4 exercises for regulating breathing, heart rate, energy and emotions.

Earth Element - This one is the most useful and is the identical technique used by Yogis to lower their breathing and heartrate to almost imperceptable levels after years of practice. It is most useful for controlling stress and getting your heart rate under control by means of regulating the oxygen intake and controlling the oxygen levels in the blood.

Us a slow, deliberate and long inhale (approx. 8 seconds to complete) and force your abdomen out to draw more air into the lungs. Hold no longer than 1 second and slowly exhale (approx. 8 seconds to complete) the air as completely as possibly by drawing your abdomen in. After 10 cycles the heart rate will be noticably lower and you will be calmer.

The esoteric influences in ninjutsu suggest a mental vision associtated with the Earth (picturing mountains, trees, etc.) but that is secondary to regulating the oxygenation of the blood. Run around the block and get your heart rate as high as possible then try the above exercise.

Fire Element - This one is for getting energy and motivation and is often used by athletes. The key is to rapidly make the blood oxygen rich.

Use a rapid inhale (approx. 3 seconds to complete) and hold it for no longer than 1 second followed by a rapid exhale (approx. 3 seconds to complete). After 10 cycles your heart rate will be dramatically higher and your energy levels will be up. Be careful with this one, if done too long you can end up pretty light headed.

The esoteric influences of ninjutsu suggest a mental visual associated with fire but that is secondary to creating and oxygen rich mix of the blood.

Wind Element - This one is more for controlling emotions. If you are too emotional and lacking intellectual reasoning you can use this one.

Use a rapid inhale (approx. 3 seconds to complete) and hold for approx. 3 seconds followed by a sslow exhale (approx. 8 seconds to complete). The esoteric influences of ninjutsu suggest a mental visual associated with wind.

Water Element - This one is more for controlling emotions. If you are too emotionally detached or too absorbed in intellectual reasoning you can use this one.

Use a slow, deliberate and long inhale (approx. 8 seconds to complete) and force your abdomen out to draw more air into the lungs. Hold for approx. 3 seconds followed by a rapid exhale (approx. 3 seconds to complete). The esoteric influences of ninjutsu suggest a mental visual associated with water.

Is that you haru?

ktm500

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:16:20 AM EDT
[#20]
bump
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top