Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2001 7:59:36 PM EDT
I just got my SAR-2 today.  I took it to the National Forrest shooting area and pumped about 300rds through it.  The bakelite 30rd mag was the only hi cap mag I had for it.  I had to sand down certain areas on it to make it work right.  It works flawlessly now, but I would like some steel mags for the the gun.  Any suggestions?  I would have posted this on the AK part of this site, but it looks like not to many folks are going there.  Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 8:32:25 PM EDT
[#1]
5.45 Steel mags are hard to find.  I thought the last place I saw them was Inter Ordnance, but I don't see them on their web site now.  Ask here, somebody will know [url]http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/ak47/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=53[/url]  Personally, I'd stick with the bake-lite mags.  I own two SAR2 and never had to file anything off a mag.  I just kept inserting and removing till they go in and out real easy.  New bakes do fit tight at first, no doubt.  But thats better than too loose.  You can get bakes in a couple different places for $5ea or less.  Go here and get them for $3.75ea [url]http://www.northridgeinc.com/sp_mags.htm[/url]  Takes them a while to ship but for $30. you get 8 mags, 2 pouches, 2 cleaning kits, 2 loading guides, 2 blank firing devices.  Worht the wait.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 4:19:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know about no ma"am, but I'll buy some of those!  Thanks for the link akrazy.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 6:39:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I think I will pickup more bakelite mags.  They are to cheap not to.  My buddy has a SAR-2 and he bought five bakelites.  Two worked great, the other three needed some help.  For the price I can do a little fixing.  I will look for some steel mags at a gunshow this weekend.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 10:26:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the link akrazy.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 10:39:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Your welcome.  It is my duty to make sure everyone in the gun culture has as many guns and evil mags as they can afford.

Every 30rd magazine you purchase, is money in the bank.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top