[#1]
please send me the address.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 7:07:58 PM EDT
[#2]
IMs sent.

Johnny
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 5:22:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I heard from Ben (GlockLuvinRedleg) on 7/28/04. I had inquired as to whether he had received the packages I'd sent or not. He said that they did arrive and were distributed to the troops. He also said that some of the troops were good at writing in return and some weren't, but that they all were very appreciative of the packages we send. So, I think we can rest assured that the packages are getting through. In return I told Ben that it didn't concern me all that much if I heard anything from the troops who receive the packages I send, but only that they do get them and put them to use.

I really don't expect nor need to be thanked. It is I (we) who owe them the thanks for the job they're doing. As I told them in the letters I included in the packages; they are the best that America has to offer, the heart and soul.
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 5:35:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I heard from Ben (GlockLuvinRedleg) on 7/28/04. I had inquired as to whether he had received the packages I'd sent or not. He said that they did arrive and were distributed to the troops. He also said that some of the troops were good at writing in return and some weren't, but that they all were very appreciative of the packages we send. So, I think we can rest assured that the packages are getting through. In return I told Ben that it didn't concern me all that much if I heard anything from the troops who receive the packages I send, but only that they do get them and put them to use.

I really don't expect nor need to be thanked. It is I (we) who owe them the thanks for the job they're doing. As I told them in the letters I included in the packages; they are the best that America has to offer, the heart and soul.

Here, here.

Nice job.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 7:29:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
yall still shipping packages?!?!?!?!!?  war aint over yet damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

over.

I'm getting 2 more together for SSG Gibson, despite being unemployed and being sick. A few more days...
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

over.

I'm getting 2 more together for SSG Gibson, despite being unemployed and being sick. A few more days...

he's down for 2 weeks R&R if you want to give him a holler........................he talked about ClayP and your care packages both................................
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 3:32:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

over.

he's down for 2 weeks R&R if you want to give him a holler........................he talked about ClayP and your care packages both................................

Well, what did he say? Favorite items? Items still needed? I emailed him with a heads up about the next 2.  You mean he's off duty for 2 weeks on R&R, or back to the States for 2 weeks?
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 2:10:36 PM EDT
[#8]
he got here last sunday and has to leave to back i think monday after tomorrow

i've asked him and asked him to give me some feedback about what he liked most so i could repeat it and he said everytime a package came in it was like Christmas and that what we were doing was working and just to keep doing it!

we're going to sams club later today so we can get some packages sent to his buddies still over there and ship him some packages too so they'll meet in up with him when he gets back to iraq so i'll take notes of what he buys!!  

if we have time before we go to sams i'll put him on here to post
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 5:52:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey Bob,

This is SSG Gibson. I would like to thank you for all the packages that you sent me and my guys they loved them. Well, for the future, powdered gatorade, beef jerky, red seal(snuff), little snack items, stuff like that just goes over great. Once again I would like to thank you for the support that you have shown us over, you are truly a great american. It is hard for us to get on the AR-15 web sight, so my army email account is [email protected]

thanks once again for everything,

SSG Gibson, 1-12 CAV, 1st CAV Div.

edited to fix the typo in his email address
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 9:29:29 PM EDT
[#10]
please send address to send packages.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 4:41:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
please send address to send packages.

Sean229,

Tried to IM you the details, but your profile is set up to not accept them.

You will need to go to the top of the page and hit the button that says "edit profile."  

From there you need to check "yes" in your profile that will allow you to accept IMs.

IM me once you have done that,  and I can get that info to you pronto...

Thanks,
Johnny
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:57:22 AM EDT
[#12]
A bump to the top for those who might still want to get in on this project.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:26:30 AM EDT
[#13]
I sent Michael a package of Red Seal, peanuts, jerky, canned fruit... in the mail the
other day(8-13).  It's the least I can do to help out.

Spambo
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:15:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Two questions:

1) I read somewhere that Slim-Jims were a no-no, something about pork being in them? From what I read on the label, it's all beef.  Can't send Slim Jims?

2) Are baby-wipes still good to send? I also read that they are not needed as much.

Any info on that?

So far I'm boxing up Jolly Ranchers, Beef Jerky, Juicy Fruit Gum, some Power bars and some Trail Mix. Oh, and some deodorant, figured they could use that too. (It's hot as hell over there!)

Any mistakes on that list?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:24:44 PM EDT
[#15]
MREs come with slim jims....................................

baby wipes really aren't needed anymore but they can still be handy, i sure wouldnt load up on them or anything

right now im sending luxury items like:

REAL coffee
tuna fish meal kits
ez cheese
cracker jacks (apparently they get alot of regular chips so ive stopped sending those)
gatorade mix
gum
rolaids
sunflower seeds
smoked oysters and other canned meat types
spices
double As
jalapenos
louisiana hot sauce
salsa
etc.....................

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:36:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Please send the address, and the names to send to, thx.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:00:06 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Please send the address, and the names to send to, thx.

IM sent.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:33:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Was there ever any kind of momentum to change the official platoon, or is it still the same one? I've been sending occasional packages to SSG Gibson, personally, but was curious, since there seems to be little activity lately on the Adapt a Platoon.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:12:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Please send the names & addresses for packages.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#20]
ya, BTT

pretty sad we seem to have forgotten that our guys are STILL over there.....................
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:30:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey guys (ladies),

Feel free to check the list of commonly needed items at my site or email me direct for ideas or questions.

I've been at this about a year and my pals and I are currently supporting 68 sniper platoons right out of my garage.

www.adoptasniper.org

Regards friends

BK

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:31:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Okay, this info may be out here, but I'll just asked to expedite.

I'm thinking of starting a collection at work for the listed items in the intial post. I was going to do a poster and hang them around. Once we reach a a full box, I'm going to send it. Do I send to the same address each time? Or would I get another address for each box? I'm expecting to really push it and keep it going.

Also, anybody do this at their places of work/business? If so, any tips?

Thanks.

Hep

Please e-mail me with the info/tips/etc.

[email protected]

EDITED TO ADD:

What are the really hard to get items? What food stuffs do they really pine for?
Link Posted: 11/4/2004 3:01:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Anyone heard from our adopted platoon? I think it was Glockluvinredleg? I hope people are still sending stuff to these guys. I need to get another batch together, but the money had been a bit tight.
Link Posted: 11/4/2004 3:22:44 PM EDT
[#24]
tag
Link Posted: 11/4/2004 6:26:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Please count me in.  I have some stuff ready to go.
Link Posted: 11/4/2004 6:29:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Wasnt this thread Tacked?
I sure thought it was and if it was why did it get UnTacked?
Link Posted: 11/5/2004 2:47:50 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Please count me in.  I have some stuff ready to go.

Have you contacted Johnny Reno for an address? Or you can contact texrdnec for an alternate unit that needs stuff too (I've been sending to the alternate guys intermittently). Good to see someone is still interested.
Link Posted: 11/5/2004 5:30:11 AM EDT
[#28]
I've been looking for an address!  My Women's group at church and my Girl scouts are ready to send!

Have any email addresses for there too?  
Link Posted: 11/5/2004 5:43:28 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Anyone heard from our adopted platoon? I think it was Glockluvinredleg? I hope people are still sending stuff to these guys. I need to get another batch together, but the money had been a bit tight.

They have been getting all the stuff I send.  It takes about 2 weeks normally.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 11/5/2004 5:51:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Sniper Platoons

www.adoptasniper.org/
Link Posted: 11/5/2004 7:06:23 AM EDT
[#31]

Subj: Re: Beer waiting for you at home.......................
Date: 5/21/2004 2:01:24 AM Central Daylight Time
To: [email protected]
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Hey bub, well got your package, thanks a bunch man, that really mean alot. Well, it is a fucking mad house over here. We get mortared every night by 60mm and 82mm mortars. I have a sniper team I am in charge of. I have a TABUK 7.62mm sniper rifle. That fucking thing is awesome. So far the farthest shot I have made has been 1280 meters and that fucker droped like a fly. It is a good rifle. Here soon they are getting me a Dragonouv 7.62 sniper rifle and 2 more .50 cal sniper rifles, I have one right now. I gave that one to one of my squad leaders. He made a good shot the other night, 1600 meters!!! Good shit huh. Well here soon I will send some pics of all the cool shit I get to play with. Being the Squardron Master Gunner I have like free reigon of the place to put my teams where ever. The mags and the snuff was awesome, thanks alot man. Here is my aaddress:

SSG Gibson
HHC 1-12 CAV 1CD s-3/MG
Unit 90005
APO AE 09373

As for as other people, the name changes but the address stays the same. Here are some names:

CPT RIVERA
MAJ GREEN
SGT SAC _______________ HHC 1-12 CAV 1CD
CPT MIERS UNIT 90005
1LT BROOKS APO AE 09373
SPC COX

Here are some names, there address is above this ^.

If there is something you need or wondering about just let me know, and I will square you away. Once again, thanks man, I really do appreciate every thing you are doing.

Mike

it is my understanding that CPT Rivera has been KIA

Link Posted: 11/6/2004 12:26:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Got 5 more packages for SSG Gibson going out Monday.
Link Posted: 11/11/2004 5:36:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Howdy all.

Any chance of an updated "Items list" to sort out what things ARE needed and what items are in OVER SUPPLY. A summary of the data in the prior 14 pages.

EDITED TO ADD:

I don't know jack shit about snuff and chewing tabacky....what should I look for?

ALSO...why isn't this thread TACKED anymore??????
Link Posted: 11/12/2004 7:28:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Just in case anyone is interested, I have been in contact with another team member who is over in the sandbox.  Hawkin is in the Air Force and is currently attached with an Army unit doing convoy protection.  I have sent him a package, and talked with Johnny_Reno about including him in this thread.

If anyone is interested shoot me an IM and I will forward his APO address.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/23/2004 2:44:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Bump for Arowneragain and tagged for me

Link Posted: 11/23/2004 9:27:51 PM EDT
[#36]
If any one could IM me an address my family  would like to help out. My Daughter's school did a collection about 3 months ago and the turnout was pathetic! She want (as do I) to do more
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/23/2004 11:47:44 PM EDT
[#37]
I want to help, and was also wondering if I could rip off your thread here and post the like in my forum/blog www.1911og.org

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/24/2004 12:01:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Count me in.  I get a bonus this December at some point and can actually afford to do this.

Is there a set date as to when things have to be sent?  

Would we know what branch of the service or what folks will be getting these?  

Just a generic sort of note along with it?  
Link Posted: 11/24/2004 9:36:02 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Count me in.  I get a bonus this December at some point and can actually afford to do this.

Is there a set date as to when things have to be sent?  

Would we know what branch of the service or what folks will be getting these?  

Just a generic sort of note along with it?  

Depends on which folk you are sending the stuff to. I heard that SSG Gibson is supposed to be coming back in Feb, but I don't know about the guy handling the "official unit".  

Send the stuff whenever, but I'd get it out before the Xmas rush, i.e., do it very soon... It takes 2-3 weeks to get there. Don't spend more money gettting it to the APO office. If you use Priority Mail, it gets there fairly fast, and the Post Office supplies the box free.

Did Johnny Reno get back to you 3 guys with an address for the official unit? If he didn't respond, IM him. Failing that, you can send the stuff to SSG Gibson; his guys could use the stuff just as badly, I bet.  Use the address of SSG Gibson, a few posts up.
Link Posted: 12/10/2004 1:52:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Just a heads up for Spec Snow, I mentioned the Adopta Platoon to my employer, and he got together a bunch of stuff. He made up 30 (!) packages. 15 are for the Adopta Platoon, and 15 are for a recently deployed relative and his unit (works in the AC130 gunships).  So alot of goodies are headed yer way, guy.
Link Posted: 12/10/2004 6:13:41 AM EDT
[#41]
haven't heard from SSG. Gibson in about two weeks now but he told me that he gets my packages in 10-12 days most times

he has orders to leave iraq in late february, then go to kuwait for about a month, then back home to see just how much beer the human body can endure
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 12:53:09 PM EDT
[#42]
BTT to keep it alive. Still haven't heard from Spec Snow or Gibson...
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 5:12:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Adoptasniper is up to 98 platoons fyi ... didn't mean to hijack the thread though.

BK
www.adoptasniper.org  
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 6:19:27 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Adoptasniper is up to 98 platoons fyi ... didn't mean to hijack the thread though.

BK
www.adoptasniper.org  

link made hot.

Link Posted: 1/5/2005 6:20:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Sign me up.

1911fan
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top