Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2001 3:08:03 AM EDT
Someone was talking at a local gunstore about reading an acticle in a recent gun related magazine that had uppers in 44 magnum as well as several other calibers.

Did anyone read this anywhere?  Can someone direct me to a web site that has info on such uppers?

Link Posted: 5/13/2001 3:19:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Yup, the place to go is http://www.tromix.com/  Tony will take care of you.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 4:11:59 AM EDT
[#2]
[url]www.tromix.com[/url]

and will these take standard mags or do they require special mags?
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 4:27:49 AM EDT
[#3]
My 50ae upper from tony takes a standard mag with a new follower.  Works great and never a jam or failure to feed.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 4:46:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Do any of you know anything about Dalphon uppers?
[url]http://www.dalphon.com/index.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 6:57:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Which gun magazine was this in?  According to Tony, besides the one he gave to his dad, I'm the only one who ordered a .44 Mag upper.  It uses the body of a regular 20 rnd. magazine with a Desert Eagle 8 rounder stuffed inside it.

Dalphon resells Olympic arms uppers in .40, 10mm, and 45 ACP.  The 50AE upper listed on their site is made by Tromix (hence the price difference).  I tried contacting Dalphon for almost a week.  No one ever answered the phone, returned my messages, or wrote back my emails.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 8:38:19 PM EDT
[#6]
hmm what else does one need for a pistol caliber upper? well other than the upper itself.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 8:44:16 PM EDT
[#7]
You shouldn't need anything else beyond spare magazines.  The assembly should include an appropriate bolt/bolt carrier and magazine well insert if applicable.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 9:11:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks, I guess I will deal directly with Oly. Considering a .40, do the converted grease gun mags function well? Know of any 'smiths that do these? $65 seems kind of steep for welding a piece of metal onto a cheap grease gun mag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top