Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2001 7:49:08 PM EDT
Let's get together and have a shoot- if these guys in AZ and VA can do it, so can we.

..at least as long as it's still allowed.... :^)
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 8:24:39 PM EDT
[#1]
i would go shoot with you but NJ is one of the stastes on my "never-ever go there list".
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 8:45:18 PM EDT
[#2]
You people can't still own guns can you?
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 8:47:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm nation wide........[img]www.gifanimations.com/animation3/strings/strings_009.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 10:17:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm originally from Massachusetts, looks like I got out of there just in the nick of time.What exactly is the law now pertaining to "AW's"? Is there a grandfather clause? I still have guns in Mass at my Mothers house how much of a pain in the ass is it going to be for me to get them out?

John
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 10:28:48 PM EDT
[#5]
If you got firearms in mass you better have someone with the right "papers" to get them out and delivered to you.Man! I got out of there back in the early 80's when you still had a few rights left.
Jeff[;)]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 10:37:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you got firearms in mass you better have someone with the right "papers" to get them out and delivered to you.Man! I got out of there back in the early 80's when you still had a few rights left.
Jeff[;)]
View Quote

Well,
I think I got a better idea. Since there is no registration requirements in AZ I can rent a U haul and drive them back here.Can you sell guns to private parties still? i know someone who might buy them.Maybe I can just sell them in Mass...

John
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 5:13:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You people can't still own guns can you?
View Quote

Sure can- and unlike CA, we can still-for now- buy all the black guns we can afford. Pistols? That's a problem, but there's always a way around it, legally. (No, I won't touch S&W either.)

The laws here are idiotically complex, and I wish more gun owners in MA would help out in the fight, but so far, so good. It could be worse- I could live in NYC or NJ or CA!

Why don't I move out? 2 reasons:

1) family, ties and career. My family has been in this state for 363 years. I'll be damned if some wacko liberal is going to tell me where I can live or not- what is this? Gun apartheid?

2) you either wage the war where the frontline is, or run away. If groups in MA such as GOAL (www.goal.org) hadn't been hard at work in the MA legislature, all gun rights would have been gone here long ago. (The NRA pretty much has written off MA as a lost cause...)

It's easy being pro-gun in, say, TX or GA or AZ (fine states that they are- don't get me wrong) because there are infinitely more pro-gun people there. But the 2nd Amendment applies to ALL the people in ALL the states- even in the PRoMA, Senator Kopechne and his ilk be damned!

So- any members from MA wanna go shooting? Lotsa good ranges here in MA- the one I'm a member of has a 200 yd range- no mean feat in this postage stamp of a state.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 5:22:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm also from Mass.

In regards to the laws here, they aren't as bad as some other Northeast States.

The only tough area is with pistols needing to be Mass compliant.

We don't need a seperate license for concealed carry and we can own as many black guns as we want as well as mags.  We also don't have a limit to the number of firearms we can own and there is no waiting period.

Living exactly .1 miles from the CT border I originally thought I would rather live their until I found out they can't but black guns.

Link Posted: 5/9/2001 5:32:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm originally from Massachusetts, looks like I got out of there just in the nick of time.What exactly is the law now pertaining to "AW's"? Is there a grandfather clause? I still have guns in Mass at my Mothers house how much of a pain in the ass is it going to be for me to get them out?

John
View Quote

Jonh, unless she -not you, because you no longer live there-or somebody else in the house is appropriately licenced, she is committing a felony just by having them on her property. If you know somebody back in MA who is licenced, have him or her go and send them to you via FFLs to avoid Fed and MA legal hassles.

Also, it depends on where she lives in MA- in the more conservative west of the state, the police probably won't do much other than tell her to get licenced or rid of them. In the liberal east, near Boston, she'll make the 6 o'clock news....
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 5:43:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 6:04:37 AM EDT
[#11]

[/quote]

>>Geoff you couldn't be more wrong

>>1) MA has the WORSE gun laws in New England BY FAR.

They aren't fun, that's for sure, but at least we don't have AW registration or 1 gun a month.

>>2) YOU CAN BUY 'BLACK GUNS' in CT.  

Post ban only. In MA all is allowed. Buy as many as you can afford- only the BATF will hassle you if you buy too many at once.

>>Just take a little visit to Hoffmans in Newington and look at all the Bushmasters, DPMS, Colts, Armalites, Les Baers, and Springfield Armory rifles.  Take a look at all the 30 round Thermolds they have for sale (as does Military Specialties just down the street).

Same on the latter in MA. Some wacky lib pols wanna change all that, but so far, no dice. Not all MA people are sheep.

>>3) 'Shall Issue' CCW - its in the state constitution.  

But still tough to get- tougher than in MA. In RI? Very tough to get a CCW lic.

>>Heck in some towns out of staters can get CCWs.  

Same in MA.

>>Have a CCW? No waiting period for handguns.

Nor here. No waiting period for anything. Pre-1899 designs are also avail. to anyone, no lic. needed. Unfortunately, the MA-compliant handgun law is a pain. Only handguns which were in the state by 10/98 or are complaint w/ the new regs can be sold in stores or imported for sale in stores. You can move into MA w/anything, no prob, just get the appropriate gun lic. ASAP. Any other states have such laws on compliance?

>>4) You don't need a license to buy pepper spray! (Unlike MA - yep my Aunt who is a principal in MA had to take a course and get 'certified' to buy pepper spray after one of here student's parents threatened her).

As most educators in MA tend to be very liberal, I'll bet she's a disgusted former liberal now,  and I doubt she can carry it on school grounds....

>>5) No need for the silly MA-Complieat pistols.

Just go home and adjust/replace springs to get rid of 10 lb. trigger pull. No law against that- yet.

>>Now tell me again how MA is better than ANY other New England state (heck even Liberal RI is better than MA).[/quote]

I didn't say it was better, and I wouldn't dare ever say that. BUT we make the best of a bad situation, and fight back like hell, and some states have worse features in their laws.

But at least we don't have the pathetic "Patches", AKA "Congressboy", Patrick Kennedy (D-RI) (considered unelectable even in MA, so he moved to RI...) nor Sen. Jack Reed (D-RI), who wants to bring NFA tax rules to pistols....
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 6:20:50 AM EDT
[#12]
"Geoff you couldn't be more wrong" -We will see now won't we.

1) "MA has the WORSE gun laws in New England BY FAR."  Wrong, NYC has the toughest gun laws in terms of pistols and CCW.  NJ and other States have tough laws in regards to capacity as well.

2) "YOU CAN BUY 'BLACK GUNS' in CT. Just take a little visit to Hoffmans in Newington and look at all the Bushmasters, DPMS, Colts, Armalites, Les Baers, and Springfield Armory rifles. Take a look at all the 30 round Thermolds they have for sale (as does Military Specialties just down the street)."  In Mass you can buy PREBAN and POSTBAN assault weapons all day long, unlike CT.

3) "'Shall Issue' CCW - its in the state constitution. Heck in some towns out of staters can get CCWs. Have a CCW? No waiting period for handguns." Yes I have a CCW.  In Mass there is no seperate license for CCW, all you need is the  words "For all lawfull purposes".  And there isn't any waiting period for any purchase.

4) "You don't need a license to buy pepper spray! (Unlike MA - yep my Aunt who is a principal in MA had to take a course and get 'certified' to buy pepper spray after one of here student's parents threatened her). " All you need is a Class D license which DOES NOT REQUIRE a hunter safety of pistol course.  I also agree with this law since there where a lot of robberies and assaults using pepper spray.

5) "No need for the silly MA-Compliantt pistols." That is the ONLY real difference.  But it is easy to find used pistols made prior to 10/98.  Also Sig now makes Mass compliant pistols.

Now Mass is not the GREATEST, but it isn't that different then CT.  New Hampshire is much better then both.  But as you can clearly see I'm FAR from wrong.

Link Posted: 5/9/2001 7:27:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Let's get together and have a shoot- if these guys in AZ and VA can do it, so can we.

..at least as long as it's still allowed.... :^)
View Quote

Massachusetts here as well.  I've had my Class A permit for about 4 years now.  Had a nice pre-ban Bushmaster CAR-15 up until the other week but needed the money, so I sold it on consignment.  Oh well, I'll get some more later.  I kept my case, mags an ammo for it.  I haven't joined a club in MA yet though.  Thinking of joining the Mass Rifle Association since I've heard a lot of good things about them.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 7:28:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Fellow inmate checking in....
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 7:33:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 7:42:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 7:45:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Hey, I'm in MA, but I can't find any "public" ranges. All the ones I know of are private clubs, such as Hopkinton Rod & Gun (or is that Sportsmen's), Woburn Sportsmen, et al. It's not too expensive to join these, but for as often as I would use them...

I'm up for occasional shooting. Does anyone know of any outdoor places where you can just go and shoot? When I lived in Florida and later California, I used to find a rural area, drive down a dirt road, stop at a clearing and shoot. I would often find empty casings there, as others had the same idea.

Email me [email protected]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 7:46:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 8:01:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
>OK guys (esp 94th) NY (& NYC) ISN't New England (for those of you new to this Country New >England is CT, RI, MA, VA, NH, and ME).

VA is Virginia, my handle is 95thFoot, not 94th, but thanks for the corrections on CT's laws. I was misinformed, unfortunately by a friend of mine from CT who is state prosecutor as well as gun owner. Even lawyers make mistakes...

>You need a what kind of license to buy pepper spray? Class D.

The Class D licence may get tossed, as too many suburban liberal women are whining about it.

>Heck in MA you need a 'Firearms ID" to buy any long gun!!! What is up with that?).

It's based on the Commonwealth v Davis SJC decision of 1976, which says, "an individual has no federal or state constitutional or statutory right to possess or carry a
firearm, Commonwealth v. Davis, 369 Mass. 886 (1976)".  Yep, it's idiotic, but that is what we've been fighting for almost thirty years.

>Even in Maryland they don't license you for buying an AR, or a hunting rifle. Want to buy an AR-15 (or any other rifle/shotgun) in the CT gunshop just go in and cash & carry after the NICS.).

Even pre-bans? _All_ pre-bans? It's all for sale here.

>In MA you need a special Class A carry license to buy ARs or high capacity magazines.  Want a high-cap in CT?  Walk into the gunshop lay down your cash and walk out with it.

Same here, once one has the hi-cap licence. Many stores won't even let you touch a gun unless you show a licence. (But that happens in IL and other places, too..) Of course, the law isn't really enforced, so criminals can get all the guns they want, 24-7, anywhere in MA, on the black market.

>Want cheap ammo?  Get the SA from Sportsmans Guide (whoops they won't ship to most, if not all, MA zip codes).).

I have never dealt w/Sportsman's Guide, but aimsurplus and ammoman.com ship it to MA, no prob.

>It is unlawful to sell, transfer, or possess "any assault weapon or a large capacity ammunition feeding device that was not otherwise lawfully possessed on September 13, 1994.").

There is _no_ such MA law stating that. If there is, please cite the number. We have enough loony laws in this state already- don't give the grabbers more ideas.

>Lets face it there are 3 leading states for Gun Control CA, MA, and MD (in that order) with NJ, NY, and HA being very tough "me too" states.).

The Kennedys, Schumers and feinsteins are all in cahoots- and what about some of the pols in CT? I remember Lowell Weicker- he thought nobody should have guns, exc. cops and the army- gee- that sounds familiar.

>Anybody who thinks MA isn't so bad, or almost like CT must be smoking something (not legal).

Nobody here thinks MA laws aren't so bad- we just make the best of a bad situation, work to change things, and simultaneously try to clarify misconceptions about it. Some features of some states' laws are worse. But misinfo abounds. After all, as a previous poster, asked, "are you still allowed to have guns in MA?" Yes, we are. And so are you. But how much longer before OUR laws come to the rest of the USA?

>  Jeez a firearms ID just to buy a magazine or rifle.
View Quote

Coming soon to a state near you! (Maybe even yours- stay politically active, folks!)
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 8:09:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Dear Forest,
Please reread post number 9 by me.  Does it say NORTHEAST OR NEW ENGLAND?  You are the one who tried to switch it to New England not I.

Personally I like the fact that you need an FID to purchase Pepper Spray or a Long gun.  Criminals and children should NOT have any access to these weapons.  I also think it is a good idea for people to take hunter and pistol courses.  The last thing I want is some idiot in the woods that has never shot before or some fool at the range pointing his pistol at me.

In terms of Ammo, there are plenty of sources.  I have some nice SA on the way right now from AIMsurplus.

How is Cali not worse then Mass?

You can buy Mags without an FID.

You can also buy preban rifles and mags so I don't know where you are getting your info from.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 8:18:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 8:27:44 AM EDT
[#22]
I think it means lawfully owned by someone, but not necessarily you.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 8:33:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 8:35:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Hey guys,
 Let's not get into a "my state is better than your state" thing. That wasn't the point of the original post, and frankly, it's just a lot of wasted energy. I'm a MA lifer, and an AR owner. It's bad in this state, for sure. You feel like someone is always watching over your shoulder. The trouble is, this is not just a MA, or NY or CA problem. It's creeping in everywhere, and it is going to be a USA problem. We need to stick together,encourage each other to keep up the fight for our constitutional rights. United we stand, divided we fall. Maybe a little trite, but very true. We have to fight the government dogs as one. Power to the people.

Sorry for the overused sayings.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 8:45:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Personally I like the fact that you need an FID to purchase Pepper Spray or a Long gun. Criminals and children should NOT have any access to these weapons. I also think it is a good idea for people to take hunter and pistol courses. The last thing I want is some idiot in the woods that has never shot before or some fool at the range pointing his pistol at me.
View Quote

Hmmm, I'm sure the unarmed victims at Wakefield feel MUCH better that the shooter had  FID card.

Kolchak has it right - this is a national problem and you guys are arguing that "my state is a little less Nazi-like than your state".  Heck, Forest and I live in Maryland so we are right on the bleeding edge of Anti-gun hysteria.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 8:54:21 AM EDT
[#26]
I am with you brother. If you need relief from persecution take 84 or 91 and come to the relative safety of CT.
  Why does it have to be about the "black gun"?
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 9:28:22 AM EDT
[#27]
[b]As posted by FOREST:

Folks, 95th Foot is DEAD ON RIGHT! We've fight this BS every year here in MD. MA got these laws because the gun owners sat idle, or worse said "Its not so bad".[/b]

First of all, we had NO SAY.  These are NOT laws, they are CONSUMER PROTECTION REGULATIONS that were put into place by the previous Attorney General.  In the middle of the night, when no one was looking, he put these on the books.  He needed NO APPROVAL FROM ANYONE.  This is one of the powers the AG has in this state.  Had it gone before the Legislature, it would have been defeated.  So the AG took the cowardly way out and snuck them in as Consumer Protection Regs.

MA issues CCW's.  MA allows you to buy ANY long-gun you wish, preban or postban.  MA allows hi-cap mags without restriction.  You can buy Pepper Spray with an FID card (no course needed).  You can buy, transfer, sell, any handgun you want through a dealer as long as it was made prior to 10/21/98 (Consumer Protection Reg. intiated on this date).  Private sales/transfers ARE NOT subject to these regulations.  You can sell/transfer ANY firearm between licensed parties WITHOUT going through a dealer.

Folks, this is the same fight big tabacco is challenged with right now!  And don't be fooled, your state is next.  This is just the tip of the iceberg in an attempt by liberal legislators to take away your guns.  

Luckily I'm LEO, and NONE of these restrictions apply :)
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 11:24:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 11:33:05 AM EDT
[#29]
[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~thegardenweasel/nfsima.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 12:02:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Forest,
Hell, while we're at it why have any requirements.

Everybody can drive.

Anyone can be a doctor.

Want prescription drugs? Done.

Want a tiger in your back yard?  Have at it.

Want to be a cop?  Just grab a gun and a badge.

It is you RIGHT to be and do whatever the hell you want, right?

It doesn't require much thought to understand that FIDs don't stop many crimes, but they give Police something to nail the bad guys with.

I also understand that it is a slippery slope and that politicians are not to be trusted, BUT

I don't want 10 year olds and 90 year olds on the road.

I don't want underqualified doctors operating on me.

AND I don't want criminals to have easy access to guns, and if they get them they are going down!

The true purpose of government is to provide us with what we can not provide for ourselves ie. military, currency, highways etc.

You don't care if anyone has a gun and I would prefer to leave gun ownership to the individuals that understand and appreciate the enjoyment and resonibilities of gun ownership.  You must not forget that there are a lot of idiots and sick people in this world.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 12:03:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Problem with this state is all of the sheep that are here.  These people keep voting in idiots like Kennedy and Kerrey every year even though they haven't done much of anything for the state.  At this point there's little to no Republican presence in the state and the few Republicans we have/had are no better than the democrats.  I'd honestly love to see Libertarian candidate Carla Howell run for governor next year and get in there.  I know she's all in favor of ripping up every gun-law in the state, but I doubt that any of the reps would let her touch them.  As for the AG's "consumer protection act" it's a shame that no one has the money to challenge that one in court.  But then again, we don't vote for our judges here so, the courts are pretty stacked with liberal anti-gunners anyway.  About the only thing that those of us who are stuck in MA can do is to keep trying to win converts, try to get the libertarians in power, and hope the tide turns somehow...  if there's any other suggestions outside of "move to another state" I'd love to hear them.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 12:04:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Uhhh... Wasn't this thread about having a MA shoot? I'd be up for that, there must be someplace in relatively rural western MA where we could get together.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 12:25:12 PM EDT
[#33]

>>Hmmm, I'm sure the unarmed victims at Wakefield feel MUCH better that the shooter had FID card.

Actually, it has not been determined whether Mucko, the alleged shooter, even had an FID card- he may have bought his guns in ME when he lived there, then brought them into MA. He may have been the same guy that got an FID in Weymouth, MA, many years ago, but it won't come out until the trial.

But- if he did have a MA FID card, it had certainly expired by the time he allegedly committed his cowardly deed.

Aaaaand... by virtue of our draconian laws, he was a criminal, just by having the guns in his possession without an up-to-date gun licence.

But, gee, Officer Krupke- why didn't the poh-leece come by and throw him in the can for being a nasty, unlicenced gun owner? They could have saved at least seven lives....

That question was asked of some local anti-gun pols here, and all they answered was, blather, blather, more gun control is needed. Idiots.

They just don't get it.

Oh, yeah... the system works.... reeeeal well.. :^(

>>Kolchak has it right - this is a national problem and you guys are arguing that "my state is a little less Nazi-like than your state". Heck, Forest and I live in Maryland so we are right on the bleeding edge of Anti-gun >>hysteria.

Q:What do MD, RI, and MD all have in common?
A: Kennedys in govt. Vote 'em out.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 12:25:57 PM EDT
[#34]
GeoffM24 - I too _used_ to think like you did, that it was okay to need a license to own a simple long gun.  In time (it wasn't long) I saw the light and realized how dangerous to freedom and utterly pointless licensing gun ownership is.  Hopefully, one day you will too.

Back to the shoot, I'm interested depending on when/where it is [:D]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 12:35:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Short of going to VT or NH, I think we could do it at the range I'm at in central MA- not sure how many people I can let in as guests, but we could arrange something. They like black guns, green guns, Bren guns, any kinda guns there.

(Oops...what have I done....now somebody's gonna post pics of M109s, the USS New Jersey firing, etc... etc.... >:^D )

Otherwise how about some ranges elsewhere in the PRoMA- any ideas?
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 12:43:53 PM EDT
[#36]
MA sounds as bad as kalif if not worse, we NEED to bomb that place back to the stone age (at least thats what they say about kalif[:D] just kiddin guys)

kalif gun laws have only been shitty since we got the new governor about 3 years ago, seems like NY,NJ,MA and others have been shitty a lot longer. 3 years ago we had a republican governor, when was the last time MA had one ?
kalif might have the gun bans, but the NorEast has the licensing restrictions and complex laws. but kalif isnt far behind with licensing, a license to buy ammo and mags? DAMN thats really crazy

95thFoot -- i totally agree with your reasons for staying, those same reasons coming from a kalif gun owners gets them treated like an idiot on this board.

i feel for the gun owners in NY, NJ, MA, MD and other places, were all in the same boat, and i salute you all for staying and fighting the laws. its a hard thing to do, living in these places will test your dedication to the 2nd Amend. living in a pro-gun state it becomes real easy to talk tough about the 2nd Amend while not having to worry about it. supporting the 2nd Amend in progun states is almost useless if there is no battle being fought there.

ive never been to those NorEast states, but would visit if i could, i know these places are your homes and i respect that, so you wont EVER see me trash talking and disrespecting those states, like the crap that kalif gets on this board every day.

heres a tip -- dont ever vote to deregulate your power supply [:D]
but then again it could help to get some republicans elected, wait and see what happens out here
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 12:46:46 PM EDT
[#37]
"when was the last time Mass had a Republican Gov?"

Now that is funny.  Our current Gov. is a Republican, the one before her was a Rep. and the one before him was a Rep.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 12:48:15 PM EDT
[#38]
If you guys want to do it in Western Mass I belong to a great club that has three outdoor ranges and a brand new indoor pistol range.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 12:50:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#40]
[
First of all, we had NO SAY.  These are NOT laws, they are CONSUMER PROTECTION REGULATIONS that were put into place by the previous Attorney General.  In the middle of the night, when no one was looking, he put these on the books.  He needed NO APPROVAL FROM ANYONE[/quote]

>You did have a say.  At the Voting booth.  ANd this moron for an AG was put in.  How many gun owners sat on their buts?  

Most. there are at least anywhere from 500,000 to 1,500,000 gun owners in MA. Most, if they do vote, vote Democrat...but many others do fight, and make up for the lack of numbers with grass roots activism.

>How many called to complain, wrote letters and protest (elected officials will respond if you get enough people).  We have the same problem in MD with many of the gun owners in the Western Counties not wanting to vote because they are afraid of getting called up for Jury Duty.  So they shirk their duty as a citizen, give up their right to vote, then get their other rights trampled on because they didn't want to register to vote.  We all had chances - too many of our group doesn't act on it - or worse yet votes for the guy who will crush their rights because some dope in a Union told >them to (seen alot of that).[/quote]

Ouch- you hit the nail right on the head.

My own brother is a union electrician, involved w/organising, gun owner and hunter (has since moved to Vancouver, WA) and in the last election, he told me he was voting for Gore. "There are bigger issues than guns", he told me. "Gore won't take away our guns"....I'm glad he told me over the phone, and not in person, if ya know what I mean... once I was done laughing, I set him straight about his union allies.

Of course, the same thing happened in PA- with the highest percentage of gun owners and hunters in the NE, they went for Gore, even in some rural counties- go figure!

With some persuasion, my bro has since changed his tune, and is looking more at the Libertarian party, as I do. (Republicans in MA are basically Dems in sheep's clothing....)

www.lp.org
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 1:02:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
"when was the last time Mass had a Republican Gov?"

>>Now that is funny.  Our current Gov. is a Republican, the one before her was a Rep. and the one before him was a Rep.
View Quote

And ALL of them have been gun grabbers. Bill Weld, Paul Cellucci, and now Jane Swift, AKA Queen Jane, our new acting gov (former lt. gov, until Sell-You-Out-Oochie got made into the ambassador to Canada [poor Canucks...] ) all have supported further, progressively worse gun control laws.

But Swift used to be very pro-gun, until the Republican leadership told her to dump her pro-2nd Amendment leanings (she even advocated no laws on AWs as they are rarely used in crime....), and she, too, sold us out, in exchange for the higher office. Scumbag.

I have NO faith in the established parties in this state- a pox on both their houses!
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 1:07:42 PM EDT
[#42]
sure wasnt expecting that answer on the governor, i just assumed they were all democraps
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 5:07:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Any fool can see the world as black and white.

It takes real genius to realize the world is actually all grey.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 6:52:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 7:25:38 PM EDT
[#45]
I am in western Mass, just east of Springfield.  If anyone would like to get together, please email me direct.  If anyone is looking for a Pre-ban Bushy shorty, my local dealer said he just got one in (I have not seen it, he phoned me when he took it in trade  Call 413-283-3920, if interested.  I have nothing to gain or lose by this sale, just spreading the word.

OSA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top