Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2001 6:56:06 AM EDT
Yes, I have been shooting for years, but now it is time to purchase a set of prescription glasses in a that famous yellow tint (better target sighting) for shooting my AR and other weapons.

Oakley Titaniums are $365.00...that a new gun, or at least close.

What are some of your suggestions....or should I go with contacts and then just get a reular set of sunglasses?
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 9:08:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Forget the yellow tint. Its no good for shooting. Go to the Competition forum and ask
those guys what is best for shooting purposes.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 9:38:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What are some of your suggestions....or should I go with contacts and then just get a reular set of sunglasses?
View Quote

by regular set of sunglasses I'm hoping you mean non-prescription but still ANSI rated shatterproof sunglasses like some of the oakleys and wiley-x. I just wear the $13 remington ones from walmart.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 9:51:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Better yet go get Lasik done and buy some Wiley X

[url]http://www.wiley-x.com/eyewear/interchangeableseries.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 10:49:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine are Rangers that i ordered from Dr. Jack Wills in Virginia Beach Va. he caters to the shooting trade-Particularly skeet and trap shooters--i've got a very light yellow for dull days and a redish sort of color that makes a orange skeet target look like it's on fire they are so bright--it also helps with the orange dots in aimpoints ect...if you don't get his # through directory assistance email me and i'll try to find his # in an old skeet book...also the lenses pop in and out so you can have one pair of frames and multiple color lenses-also i needed a special thing done for iron sights and they took care of it...they are very shooter friendly....Dick
Top Top