Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2001 6:56:06 AM EDT
Yes, I have been shooting for years, but now it is time to purchase a set of prescription glasses in a that famous yellow tint (better target sighting) for shooting my AR and other weapons.

Oakley Titaniums are $365.00...that a new gun, or at least close.

What are some of your suggestions....or should I go with contacts and then just get a reular set of sunglasses?
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 9:08:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Forget the yellow tint. Its no good for shooting. Go to the Competition forum and ask
those guys what is best for shooting purposes.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 9:38:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What are some of your suggestions....or should I go with contacts and then just get a reular set of sunglasses?
View Quote

by regular set of sunglasses I'm hoping you mean non-prescription but still ANSI rated shatterproof sunglasses like some of the oakleys and wiley-x. I just wear the $13 remington ones from walmart.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 9:51:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Better yet go get Lasik done and buy some Wiley X

[url]http://www.wiley-x.com/eyewear/interchangeableseries.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 10:49:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine are Rangers that i ordered from Dr. Jack Wills in Virginia Beach Va. he caters to the shooting trade-Particularly skeet and trap shooters--i've got a very light yellow for dull days and a redish sort of color that makes a orange skeet target look like it's on fire they are so bright--it also helps with the orange dots in aimpoints ect...if you don't get his # through directory assistance email me and i'll try to find his # in an old skeet book...also the lenses pop in and out so you can have one pair of frames and multiple color lenses-also i needed a special thing done for iron sights and they took care of it...they are very shooter friendly....Dick
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top