Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 8/17/2017 11:35:36 PM EDT
Holy fucking shit. Almost every time I drive on the interstate I am reminded about the lack of common fucking sense that drivers have. Its as if once they are on the interstate they are Bobby Allison on the last lap of the Daytona 500.

Here in Georgia, as I'm sure there is in many states, we have a simple fucking law. On a multi-lane highway THE LEFT LANE IS FOR PASSING. That's right fuckwits, YOU PASS ON THE LEFT AND TRAVEL IN THE RIGHT.

I cannot count how many times some impatient fuck driving their leased BMW (or comparable) has tried to slip in the gap between me and the vehicle I just passed.

Listen, I am GOING TO GET BACK OVER. Even if I don't, your ass can stay behind me until you have a reasonable time or distance has elapsed and it appears that I am NOT.

I havn't got over yet because I'm not going to fucking cut off the driver I just passed. Yes, slack jaw, I'm going to give at least one or two car lengths before I get back over. It's the fucking law to leave space when passing a truck, btw. Which I'm sure you are fucking unaware of as your driving habits prove.

Why in the hell are you so impatient? I'm going 75 and you are going 80. Whoopty do, you are going to be 5 miles ahead of me after an HOUR of driving. Holy shit that's really going to make a diffrence.

So how about be a patient little snowflake and wait until I move back over before you try to pretend your in a james bond movie. It may save your or my life. I don't care to be pit maneuvered because you are an impatient fuck.

The end.

tdlr: don't pass somebody on the right when they havnt even had a chance to get back over
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:36:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck you, I'll do whatever I want.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:37:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't be so slow.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:37:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Get back in the right lane grandpa.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:37:40 PM EDT
[#4]
If you don't pass on the right you couldn't drive on the Interstate these days.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:37:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:37:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Go be slow somewhere else
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:37:50 PM EDT
[#7]
FUCK YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:38:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Brake checking them is fun but dangerous.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:39:12 PM EDT
[#9]
If there's room to pass on the right and you haven't moved over yet I don't blame them.

Get the hell out of the fast lane.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:39:41 PM EDT
[#10]
You're not my manager 
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:39:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I pass on the right because idiots don't understand that slower traffic should keep right.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:41:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I totally disagree. If someone has room to pass you on the right you shouldn't be in the left lane. What pisses me off is having to pass people on the right because they are taking their sweet time in the left lane.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:41:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Cop Screws with Slow Driver in the Fast Lane
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:41:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:42:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I pass on the right because idiots don't understand that slower traffic should keep right.
View Quote
Exactly
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:42:51 PM EDT
[#16]
I only pass on the right when some hall monitor is camping the left lane.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:42:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:43:14 PM EDT
[#18]
When you're going 75, and I'm going 85 as usual, it does make a difference.
I drive from Arizona to Texas every month, and on an 8 hour drive it means 80 miles.

And that is a big difference.

So get out of the fast lane grandpa!
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:43:16 PM EDT
[#19]
That's a pretty slow passing speed.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:43:20 PM EDT
[#20]
The left lane is dead to me.  I pass on the right most of the time now because some fucktard is doing 5 under in the left lane while finger banging their phone.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:43:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
This!
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:44:10 PM EDT
[#22]
I've seen that happen, there were only two lanes though.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:44:13 PM EDT
[#23]
The guy at the BMW dealership said I could drive like that.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:44:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Dashcam
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:44:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
+1

Wouldn't have to pass on the right if selfish people would stop cruising in the left lane, at a slower speed than everyone else on the road.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:44:49 PM EDT
[#26]
I pass on the right all the time but I get OP's frustration.  People that do what he is describing are worthless fucking cunts.

What's even better is when they slip the gap and then by the time they get around the car that they passed on the right has now caught up to traffic in the center lane so they can no longer slot back in to allow people in the left lane to carry on.

They are just as bad as the worthless pieces of shit that try and fly up the center lane and then cut back in further up the line in the left lane when traffic is bad.

Listen asshole, there are at least 50 cars in this line and all of us want to go faster.  We are all waiting for traffic to pick up.  You could clearly see that moving over into the center lane wasn't going to get you any further ahead than MAYBE 10 cars...10 cars patiently waiting for pace to pick up in the left lane so they can all carry on.  You are not special and going over to the center lane, flying up to the next car ahead in the center lane, and then cutting someone off to slot back into the left lane once you reach that car just shows everyone that you are a cunt.

One of the highlights of my day is blocking an asshole like that from getting back over, seeing the look on his face when he looks over with that "What the fuck dude, you know I wanted to get back in...." expression and then watching him disappear into the distance in my rear view mirror.

edit:  Now if there was a realistic chance of making it to the head of the line and passing the fuckface holding up left lane traffic and I see you go for it and fail that is a different story.  Then I will likely give you room to slot back over as I could see what you were attempting at that there was actually a chance to make it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:45:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Don't be so slow.
View Quote
This, OP drives too slow and gets pissed about it.  I was in the right lane today doing 85 on Dallas North Tollway and was passed by a blue haired grandma in a buick in the left lane.  Man, if OP was on the road grandma would have used him as a speed bump.

Get outta the way OP!
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:45:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Being passed on the right means that you are driving too slow.

TOO SLOW. As in, its YOUR fault.

It is a dick move on the order of joining ISIS or kicking puppies to not yield to faster traffic. That you didn't brings shame on your lineage.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:45:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I totally disagree. If someone has room to pass you on the right you shouldn't be in the left lane. What pisses me off is having to pass people on the right because they are taking their sweet time in the left lane.
View Quote
Bullshit, moving over when you are only one car length ahead of the car you are passing at 70mph+ is a dumbass thing to do.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:46:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Listen, I am GOING TO GET BACK OVER. Even if I don't, your ass can stay behind me until you have a reasonable time or distance has elapsed and it appears that I am NOT.
View Quote

Well a fucking shit load of people don't get back over.  They stay in the passing lane going slow as fuck.

Get over it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:46:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you are in that big of a hurry you should take a plane.

Letting someone get at least 2 car lengths ahead of the person they passed is not unreasonable.

I mean today for instance I was going about 75 passing a semi going probably 68-70. So I passed the truck reasonably quickly, it was only a matter of seconds before I'd be clear to get back over.

But no, this guy in his little Honda Accord tried to split the gap right as I put my signal on. I was no more than 1.5 of my truck length ahead of the semi.

That's simply unsafe driving no matter what way you spin it... yeah If I had been camping for miles and was taking my sweet time passing it would be one thing. I wasn't. I got over to pass then was going to get back over.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:46:57 PM EDT
[#32]
I agree. 

But you're probably slower than you think you are 
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:47:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Get the fuck out of the left lane.  You have no business there.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:47:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.

Getting passed on the right is your fault, without question.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:47:39 PM EDT
[#35]
OP:
Simple solution: Don't change lanes in either direction without looking.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:48:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If you are in that big of a hurry you should take a plane.

Letting someone get at least 2 car lengths ahead of the person they passed is not unreasonable.

I mean today for instance I was going about 75 passing a semi going probably 68-70. So I passed the truck reasonably quickly, it was only a matter of seconds before I'd be clear to get back over.

But no, this guy in his little Honda Accord tried to split the gap right as I put my signal on. I was no more than 1.5 of my truck length ahead of the semi.

That's simply unsafe driving no matter what way you spin it... yeah If I had been camping for miles and was taking my sweet time passing it would be one thing. I wasn't. I got over to pass then was going to get back over.
View Quote
So you complain about someone wanting to drive 5 mph faster than you, but then you go to (slowly) pass a semi truck for a 5 mph difference?
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:48:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Maybe it's time to start letting your husband drive. GTFO of the fast lane.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:48:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
When you're going 75, and I'm going 85 as usual, it does make a difference.
I drive from Arizona to Texas every month, and on an 8 hour drive it means 80 miles.

And that is a big difference.

So get out of the fast lane grandpa!
View Quote
No. It's not. Slowing gown to 75 every now and then doesn't add squat to your drive.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:48:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:49:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Than stop driving like a fucking a bitch in the left lane...
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:49:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Speed up gramps
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:49:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Well a fucking shit load of people don't get back over.  They stay in the passing lane going slow as fuck.

Get over it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get over it.
There's the flip side to it...  Sometimes you can see that if they aren't going to move over you have a very short window to get around.  Do you take that opportunity and possibly cut off their lane change if they were going to be so kind or just hope they are going to be a gentleman and move over?

I say gentleman because if it's a woman in front of me I already know she aint doing shit and I'm on my own.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:49:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Get the fuck out of the left lane
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:50:11 PM EDT
[#44]
You passing going  2mph faster than the other guy?
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:50:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I agree. 

But you're probably slower than you think you are 
View Quote
And you don't save as much time as you think you do by driving like an asshole.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:51:01 PM EDT
[#46]
OP probably started this thread on his phone as he's camping in the left lane.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:51:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
This.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This.

So when you pass someone you should change lanes back in front of them with less than a 1 car length gap?
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:51:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Get out of the way.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:51:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

So you complain about someone wanting to drive 5 mph faster than you, but then you go to (slowly) pass a semi truck for a 5 mph difference?
View Quote
I don't care if they want to drive faster than me.

I care that when I'm trying to pass, they try to pass me in the travel lane before I even have a chance to get back over.

It's a simple concept.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:52:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

No. It's not. Slowing gown to 75 every now and then doesn't add squat to your drive.
View Quote

Drive I10 and see how many times you have to slow down for idiots camping out in the number 1 lane, a lot more than "every now and then".
And it's a lucky thing if they're even going 75.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top