Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/22/2017 8:25:58 PM EDT
Should we be rubbing his nose in it every time or just the brown ones?

This is my seventh kid, but I usually just sort of tune out on the parenting thing, but I decided I'd better get some issues solved today.  Then rune out again tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:26:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for info. My niece just turned 3 and is still terrified of the toilet and isn't potty training at all.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:27:12 PM EDT
[#2]
7??  Jesus.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:28:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
7??  Jesus.
View Quote
Make the next generation of America great again.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:29:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
7??  Jesus.
View Quote
We have six.  The youngest two are 2 and 5. Both boys. Both pee but the 5 year old is just starting to poop where he should. And the other 4 were all potty trained early. Who knows.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:32:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:32:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Our daughter had a LOT of trouble getting the potty training down.  The turning point was when we stopped using those training diapers and went straight to panties.  For some reason she can not feel when she needs to go when she has the training diapers on.  With panties, she feels it and runs to the potty.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:33:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Super pooper book and potty monkey... Both on Amazon.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:34:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Holy fuck that's too many kids. Mormon?

My kid is 2.5 and we're making progress.. Goal is to be potty trained by 3.. With that many kids, I'd expect you to be giving me advice
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:34:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

We have six.  The youngest two are 2 and 5. Both boys. Both pee but the 5 year old is just starting to poop where he should. And the other 4 were all potty trained early. Who knows.
View Quote
every kid is different....  my girls both kinda figured it out themselves at 2 ish, boy#1 was sitting on the baby potty pooping at 6months (i guess thats how europeans do it, freaked me out though), and my baby boy has been the slow learner....   he dosent mess his pants EVER, but was hell to get off the tiny baby potty and onto the big pot....  he is 5 and we are just now trying to get him to wipe......     each kid is totally different though OP....   boy#1 is 7, but has frequent accidents and skid marks, although he has been out of diapers since <1 yo   its just something we have to work with.....   your little guy will come around.....  buy him a special book that is only for potty time.....  

good luck with it!  
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:36:11 PM EDT
[#10]
my 2nd daughter is 3. She has been more than ready for a while now but also refused.
We said screw it and put panties on her and no diaper. She used a diaper to basically be lazy. She flipped out at first but was potty trained in one day.
We also bought her a few of the toys she wanted, luckily they were cheap (blind bags). If she is successful she got a toy.

My first daughter was real easy, just bribed her with candy.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:37:35 PM EDT
[#11]
My daughter didn't want to potty train.

She'd cry every time we showed her the little seat.  When we asked her why, she sobbed "It's my potty and I'll cry if I want to".

On a more serious note, we put her on the potty for 5 minutes at the top of the hour, every hour.  If she went she didn't have to wait for the full 5 minutes.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:38:07 PM EDT
[#12]
7   godamn.  

Our daughter was harder than our son
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:38:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Don't sweat it man. My neice didn't potty train till she was 8 years old. (Yes you read that right) Her parents were morons and didn't push it. These people are behind about 2 decades and so is their daughter. Unfortunately they have 2 girls and 2 boys. Only 1 girl wants to be normal.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:38:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Seventh son...of a seventh son, eh?  I'd expect more than just potty issues if the legends are to be believed!
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:39:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm not following.  Do you beat him with the book?  Scare the shit out of him with the monkey?

Seems like a garden hose or something might work.

It's just academic anyway.  I refuse to change diapers.  I've still only changed one on this kid (can't remember his name right now) and that was because he had an assplosion while he was home with me.  I put him in the dishwasher I think.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Tell the other 6 to make fun of him.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:42:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I guess I"m lucky. We put our kid in regular underwear at 1.5 years. The kid is almost 2.5 now and will go pretty reliably on her own. She doesn't crap her pants any more, but will on occasion piss her pants. 
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:42:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Throw a few cheerios in the toilet and call it target practice.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:44:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Throw a few cheerios in the toilet and call it target practice.
View Quote
I suggested that, but my wife said that I still make too much of a mess when I do that.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:45:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Mine are 21 and 17 now but each had their own challenges. #1 on occasion would crap in someone's yard, needed to go so dropped trou and went.

They learn when their ready and your not going to be able to do anything to force it. Training diapers/ pull ups do make things worse though. They're so absorbent kids can't feel whet they've gone.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:47:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
7??  Jesus.
A generation of diaper wearers! 
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:55:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Meh.   Sooner or later, they'll get it.  You WILL come to terms with your bladder & bowels, or you'll spend your entire life stinking of waste.  It ain't like there's a third alternative.   By the time they go to school, the other kids will ridicule them unmercifully.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:58:34 PM EDT
[#23]
It will work itself out. I know a guy whose kid was still shitting his pants when he was 10.

Not looking forward to it with my daughter. It's going to be a while, though.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:58:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I suggested that, but my wife said that I still make too much of a mess when I do that.
View Quote
That's why my boy and I pee outside.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:02:53 PM EDT
[#25]
My stepson would pee and poop in his closet until he was almost 5. That shit drove me nearly insane. The best part was when he would scream at me when I went in to clean it up.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:03:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Today's diapers and training pants are so absorbant and comfy that kids don't mind shitting or pissing in them.  

Buy him crummy cheapo diapers and training pants that do not absorb the urine or poop as well.  Make bowel movements uncomfortable against his skin, and he will start to become more interested in holding it, dropping trou, and sitting on the toilet.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:06:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Someone here, possibly Subnet I don't remember, said you take all their clothes off and make them stay that way. They'll feel uncomfortable shitting/pissing naked without a diaper or clothes and it only takes a weekend. A bunch of people chimed in and agreed it works well.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:07:37 PM EDT
[#28]
At home, longer shirt and no pants. No pants or undies or pull up. Nekked from waist down. He will know immediately when he has to go, and so will everyone else. Keep a close eye on him after meals and drinks. You will clean up a few messes, but it will be worth it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:07:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Our 2.5 year old is 98% there.  He even pees standing up but sometimes makes a mess.  Drives my wife nuts.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:09:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Someone here, possibly Subnet I don't remember, said you take all their clothes off and make them stay that way. They'll feel uncomfortable shitting/pissing naked without a diaper or clothes and it only takes a weekend. A bunch of people chimed in and agreed it works well.
View Quote
That's what we did.  And started with a small potty he could call his own.  Once he figured out what we we doing with the toilet he wanted that insted.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:13:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Our daughter loved those little 'poopatrooper' toys so we made her a deal, every time she took a dump she would get one.  

Yes, the name helped.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:22:18 PM EDT
[#32]
The little fella is learning to establish dominance early in life.

Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:25:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Our daughter loved those little 'poopatrooper' toys so we made her a deal, every time she took a dump she would get one.  

Yes, the name helped.
View Quote
Dammit, now that song by Abba is stuck in my head...

Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:32:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:33:57 PM EDT
[#35]
You gotta spend like 2 or 3 days doing nothing else but potty training....pain in the ass

Then. It is done.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:36:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This is my seventh kid, but I usually just sort of tune out on the parenting thing, but I decided I'd better get some issues solved today.  Then rune out again tomorrow.
View Quote
Did your wife train the other six?
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:39:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Did your wife train the other six?
View Quote
No idea.  I used to work out of town a lot then I quit my job and started my own practice.  Suddenly I notice a bunch of short people running around that look like me.  For all I know none of them are trained.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:40:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:42:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Don't feed him until he pees in the potty.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:44:42 PM EDT
[#40]
My daughter at 3 yo was the same way.

I was a single parent at that time and had to take her to day care so i could go to work. Packing diapers and clothes for her sucked.

One morning i was getting pissed. I pulled out her potty and held her down on it. Told her i have plenty of time and we can do this all morning but she is not moving till she goes.

She pissed and shit after about 30seconds.

She came home from daycare and said no more diapers and she was a big girl.

Pretty fucking awesome day.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:45:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Don't worry about it.

Six out of seven is pretty good!  
View Quote
That's a great point.  He can just be chained to the bathroom or out in the kennel with the fuzzy one.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:46:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I was a single parent at that time and had to take her to day care so i could go to work. Packing diapers and clothes for her sucked.

One morning i was getting pissed. I pulled out her potty and held her down on it. Told her i have plenty of time and we can do this all morning but she is not moving till she goes.

View Quote
Are you going to pm me your address for shipping?
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:48:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

No idea.  I used to work out of town a lot then I quit my job and started my own practice.  Suddenly I notice a bunch of short people running around that look like me.  For all I know none of them are trained.
View Quote
Do you even know their names?
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:49:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Pee on him.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:51:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
7??  Jesus.
View Quote
No kidding
Get a TV
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:52:37 PM EDT
[#46]
I made a potty chart for my son. Every 10 pees or 5 poops he got a toy. We made a colorful chart with stickers and stuff. Putting the star stickers on the chart was a great encouragement for him to use the potty. The toys didn't hurt either.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:53:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm not following.  Do you beat him with the book?  Scare the shit out of him with the monkey?

It's just academic anyway.  I refuse to change diapers.  I've still only changed one on this kid (can't remember his name right now) and that was because he had an assplosion while he was home with me.  I put him in the dishwasher I think.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps Trunk Monkey would better align with your modus operandi.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:53:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

No big deal. Some train earlier than others. My one son was 4 and still could't figure it out no matter what we did. What finally worked was making him go bare butt all day. Didn't take long until he caught on after that. He's an adult now and potty trained so there is hope. lol
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:00:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on what your sending me.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:00:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Do you even know their names?
View Quote
Yes-

Damn it
Big girl
Hey, kid
Other girl
Buddy
Little girl
Buddy

But sometimes I get them confused or think one of the neighborhood kids are one of mine.  I can usually tell when I tell someone to take out the trash and the say that they don't live here.  That's when I give them 'the glare' and the trash goes out anyway.

One kid (I think she's mine, she looks like my wife) mentioned that her friends are scared of me.  But I don't know why, I think they are all potty trained.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top