Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 77
Posted: 7/16/2017 6:25:06 PM EDT
The dead woman, who has not yet been identified pending notification of relatives overseas, "heard noise in the alley and called the police," said Zach Damond, son of the dead woman's fianc, Don Damond, who lives at the location.

Hannah said the woman worked as "a spiritual healer" and that "she was the most loving woman" who "kind of flowed through the house so lightly."

Investigators are working to determine whether video of the incident exists, as officers' body cameras were turned off at the time and cameras in the squad car did not capture the incident, according to a release from the Department of Public Safety.

Link
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 7:08:49 PM EDT
[#1]
if she's aborigine, this won't end well
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#2]
"Spiritual healer"?
Cops are shooting hippies now?

Link Posted: 7/16/2017 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Somali?
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 7:16:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 7:22:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"Spiritual healer"?
Cops are shooting hippies now?

View Quote
It's MN. Can't swing a dead cat without hitting one.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 7:31:05 PM EDT
[#6]
"kind of flowed through the house so lightly"???
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#7]
That's terribly unfortunate.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 7:35:08 PM EDT
[#8]
If the officer's body camera was turned off or disabled he should automatically lose qualified immunity (along with whatever charges potentially result) and be terminated.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 7:35:09 PM EDT
[#9]
In for the 3 months of protesters on the highways...

Good news is winter will be here in a few weeks and they don't like the cold.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 7:37:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If the officer's body camera was turned off or disabled he should automatically lose qualified immunity (along with whatever charges potentially result) and be terminated.
View Quote
"excuse me crazy lady while I enable my department issued body surveillance device while you assault that citizen...thank you for your patience"

For fucks sake, I'm glad you are perfect and know all the facts around the situation before everyone else.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 7:42:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
In for the 3 months of protesters on the highways...

Good news is winter will be here in a few weeks and they don't like the cold.
View Quote
Winter begins in AUGUST in Minnesota?

Wow.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 7:44:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Winter begins in AUGUST in Minnesota?

Wow.
View Quote
that's what I was thinking. Hottest month in TX.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 7:44:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's MN. Can't swing a dead cat without hitting one.
View Quote
Are their cops shooting the cas now too?
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 7:46:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
lol no, it starts cooling off late Sept. snow usually by the end of Oct.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:05:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

"excuse me crazy lady while I enable my department issued body surveillance device while you assault that citizen...thank you for your patience"

For fucks sake, I'm glad you are perfect and know all the facts around the situation before everyone else.
View Quote
If the article is correct we know two critical facts: the officer failed to use the equipment he was provided, and he then killed someone. Given this initial negligence, why then should we simply assume that his subsequent behavior was reasonable or justifiable, or that he is entitled to the protections we provide officers who properly perform their jobs?
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:07:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Is there anymore skinny about this shooting?
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:12:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If the article is correct we know two critical facts: the officer failed to use the equipment he was provided, and he then killed someone. Given this initial negligence, why then should we simply assume that his subsequent behavior was reasonable or justifiable, or that he is entitled to the protections we provide officers who properly perform their jobs?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?  You know that?  That article i read said they werent on.  Thats not the same thing as claiming "the officer failed to use the equipment he was provided."  

As least not on this planet.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:21:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That guy always posts hysterics and dumb shit.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 11:24:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
if she's aborigine, this won't end well
View Quote

Link
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 11:55:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Big fucking deal. QI is not automatically granted in most of the 9th Circuit, anyways.  So, NYAH.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 11:58:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The dead woman, who has not yet been identified pending notification of relatives overseas, “heard noise in the alley and called the police,” said Zach Damond, son of the dead woman’s fiancé, Don Damond, who lives at the location.
Hannah said the woman worked as “a spiritual healer” and that “she was the most loving woman” who “kind of flowed through the house so lightly.”
Investigators are working to determine whether video of the incident exists, as officers’ body cameras were turned off at the time and cameras in the squad car did not capture the incident, according to a release from the Department of Public Safety.
Link
View Quote

...Nekima Levy-Pounds, one of three mayoral candidates who attended, said, "I hope and pray this is a wake-up call for the community to stop being divided by race and socioeconomic status ... for treating everybody with respect."...
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 12:32:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
No, we don't know he "failed to use the equipment he was provided"... unless its policy for them to continually have the camera on AT ALL TIMES...    

Some agencies have policies stating when the officers are the activate the cameras.  They don't continually run them 8 hrs straight.  They may not
automatically have them on while sitting in their patrol car.  Think it may be possible something transpired so quickly it didn't occur to him that he
should take time to turn on a camera..

"If the article is correct"... If I remember correctly, article states "sources" stated the passenger officer shot her through the drivers door,
while she was talking to the driver (officer)??

I'll wait for more info
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 12:49:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Believe it or not, police did not have body cams for thousands of years and somehow here we are. My guess is they were surprised by whatever took place and didn't have time to turn them on. 
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:01:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

No, we don't know he "failed to use the equipment he was provided"... unless its policy for them to continually have the camera on AT ALL TIMES...    

Some agencies have policies stating when the officers are the activate the cameras.  They don't continually run them 8 hrs straight.  They may not
automatically have them on while sitting in their patrol car.  Think it may be possible something transpired so quickly it didn't occur to him that he
should take time to turn on a camera..

"If the article is correct"... If I remember correctly, article states "sources" stated the passenger officer shot her through the drivers door,
while she was talking to the driver (officer)??

I'll wait for more info
View Quote
Okay, you are correct. We do NOT yet know why he did not use the equipment provided. Hopefully we get more information soon. That said, one of the reasons we give officers this equipment is to allow more objective oversight of use of force incidents. Officers who fail to use this equipment should not receive any of the normal protections their profession traditionally offers.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:01:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Meh. Not worth the trouble. 
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:04:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Believe it or not, police did not have body cams for thousands of years and somehow here we are. My guess is they were surprised by whatever took place and didn't have time to turn them on. 
View Quote
For those same "thousands of years" they also did not have firearms, or until recently, cars, so I am kinda missing your point. If you advocate turning back the clock and disarming the police you are probably going a step further than I am willing to travel.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:08:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:08:41 AM EDT
[#29]
So a lady calls the cops for help and was later killed by the cops.

She sure got protected and served didn't she
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:09:07 AM EDT
[#30]
When do the white people get to riot?
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:11:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So a lady calls the cops for help and was later killed by the cops.

She sure got protected and served didn't she
View Quote
Just because you call the cops doens't mean you can't do something to result in your justified shooting by the cops.

Oh hey, I'm gonna go rob a bank, but if I call the cops first they can't shoot me right?
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:14:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
For those same "thousands of years" they also did not have firearms, or until recently, cars, so I am kinda missing your point. If you advocate turning back the clock and disarming the police you are probably going a step further than I am willing to travel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm wondering how old you are.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:18:34 AM EDT
[#33]
This is not going to end well. I guarantee you that the cop's fucked this one up. I really am not buying that she was somehow a threat or tried to pull a gun and they were forced to shoot her. I'm going out on a limb, and guessing it was an accidental discharge of some kind.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:29:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Just because you call the cops doens't mean you can't do something to result in your justified shooting by the cops.

Oh hey, I'm gonna go rob a bank, but if I call the cops first they can't shoot me right?
View Quote
I don't think that is the case

Unless Australian Yoga Instructors in their PJs are now highly dangerous to cops
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:32:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sounds like a good way for every police department to drop their cams.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:32:58 AM EDT
[#36]
If she was white she would still be alive.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:42:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I don't think that is the case

Unless Australian Yoga Instructors in their PJs are now highly dangerous to cops
View Quote
So you have facts beyond those scant ones presented in the opening post?

Yoga Instructors can't pickup a knife? or a gun?
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:51:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HA!

No Kidding!

Years back at a place I worked, I don't know how many times equipment wasn't working right and that fact  was brought up to the chain of command, over and over and over, to the point that the lazy supervisor would get pissed if the subject was even mentioned.

Then, when something DID happen, the immediate supervisor  tried to (and did) blame the guys on the street. He stated "This is the first time I have heard of this, they should have told me, and we would have got it fixed immediately, per policy".

Oddly enough the lady who takes care of the computers came around during that time frame, and the Detective's emails repeatedly asking for their equipment to get fixed, suddenly were no longer there.

Some of the Detectives involved ended up getting letters of reprimand for not having their issued gear in working order.

Somehow the money that was allotted for surviellance equipment, ended up being used for "leadership training" in Las Vegas. The supervisor took his wife along as well.

Meanwhile the guys who actually worked cases/street stuff and who were trying to make sure that everything was done right via audio and video,  were getting shitty annual reviews due to the letters of reprimand in their files.

The shit the public never sees....
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 2:18:08 AM EDT
[#39]
The most fucked up thing that could happen here is the cop will get convicted and people will come out of the woodwork asking why we convict cops when they shoot white people.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 3:52:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
"kind of flowed through the house so lightly"???
View Quote
Verses her high flow aunt flow flowing freely.   
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 4:34:40 AM EDT
[#41]

No weapon found, called the police herself, and killed in her PJ's? Don't sound good.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 4:48:15 AM EDT
[#42]
We're obviously missing some key pieces of information.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 5:16:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
lol. you know Jack shit about policing and constantly get called on it. You're a concern troll and a leftist who sings the same broken song in each thread.

If I had a dollar for every time I synced my microphone, and the pos unsynced itself randomly, I could retire.

Just to reiterate,  you don't know shit about shit.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 6:02:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Time to riot and put on the looting shoes
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 6:22:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If she was white she would still be alive.
View Quote
Uhhh, yeah.  Listen.  About that "if she was white" thing?

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 6:25:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Time to riot and put on the looting shoes
View Quote
WTF how wasteful, put on your old shoes and loot new looting shoes, jeeze

Link Posted: 7/17/2017 6:27:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Heal that!
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 6:28:19 AM EDT
[#48]
It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 7:39:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.
View Quote
News this morning says she was shot from inside patrol car by the 2nd officer as she was talking to the driver.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 7:44:55 AM EDT
[#50]
there will be no rioting for the shooting of this woman, she is white and had a good paying job. she was also fairly attractive RIP

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 77
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top