Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/26/2017 11:05:38 PM EDT
and retire. Now is the time to stack the court with young conservatives that will be on the bemch for many years to come. While i appreciate everything Justice Thomas has done, his time is coming to and end and he needs to pave the way for someone younger.

The next 3 years need to be treated like its Trump's second term and he's on his way out, because he very well may be. With all the shit going on lately, I wouldn't be surprised if the left does everyhting they can to rig and steal 2020, so push through everything possible now while we can.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:10:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I would hate to see Justice Thomas go, but it would be nice for President Trump to be able to get some more young conservatives in....  

The only thing I think differently is that his leaving will affect any chance of getting ginsburg out....   I think if she were to die or retire first, then the older conservative members would be more free to step aside to get new young blood in.   
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:11:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Or better yet, Ruth Bader Ginsburg needs to stroke out ...
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:12:17 PM EDT
[#3]
...and fuck RBG to death.

Come on Clarence, she put pubic hair on your Coke!
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:12:21 PM EDT
[#4]
OP, fail.   Thomas is only 69 years old.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:12:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Slight hijack but can Trump make someone else Chief Justice and push Roberts sorry ass back to Associate? 
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:14:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Slight hijack but can Trump make someone else Chief Justice and push Roberts sorry ass back to Associate? 
View Quote
No.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:15:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I would hate to see Justice Thomas go, but it would be nice for President Trump to be able to get some more young conservatives in....  

The only thing I think differently is that his leaving will affect any chance of getting ginsburg out....   I think if she were to die or retire first, then the older conservative members would be more free to step aside to get new young blood in.   
View Quote
I would hate to see him go as well, but its for the better. Stack the court with younger conservatives that will have 3+ decades on the court.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:15:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Eventually, but not yet.  3 years from now may be a time to reassess, but we're not done enjoying the benefits of one of the Best SC justices this nation has ever seen.  He can stay around a few more years still.  we'll talk again in 2020
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:36:23 PM EDT
[#9]
If the only thing Trump were to do in his 4 years is to stack & pack the Supreme Court, he will have exceeded all my hopes & dreams to keep the Democrats from ruining this Great Country...
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:38:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Clarence can stay for a while.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:38:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Roberts needs to go.  He is the next Kennedy.  He is not done screwing the court up.  He is a wasted appointment and a sorry justice.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:43:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Roberts needs to go.  He is the next Kennedy.  He is not done screwing the court up.  He is a wasted appointment and a sorry justice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You realize he'll be Chief Justice for ~ another 30 years, right?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:44:20 PM EDT
[#13]
well if im not mistaken he has said before he'd prefer to retire under a republican president so i suspect he could make that decision as early as the end of the year (pure speculation but still)
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:45:07 PM EDT
[#14]
We need 8 more Thomas' on the supreme court. Watch things change.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:49:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You realize that was MY WHOLE AND ENTIRE POINT.  THE GUY IS A WASTE.  

Obama needs to release the photos, file, whatever it is he has.  Send him home in shame.  Let Trump appoint a new chief justice and another real constitutionalist.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:49:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
He sold his soul to the devil to be popular and threw the nation under the obamacare bus.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:54:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Thomas is easily the best Justice on the Court.  However, Edited ~ medicmandan aren't known for their longevity.  He may want to retire during Trump's second term.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:56:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Obama needs to release the photos, file, whatever it is he has.  Send him home in shame.  Let Trump appoint a new chief justice and another real constitutionalist.
View Quote
What are you talking about? I remember several here, in fact one a much sucked off attorney, shouting all of his detractors down after the 0bamacare ruling. We were told he is a brilliant legal scholar, the ruling was brilliant, that we need to sit down and STFU. Indeed, there were quite a few singing his praises.

Clarence Thomas can stay for a couple more years but his replacement needs to be his twin, in a manner of speaking. It'll be a sad day when he retires and I can only hope his replacement will be as good as he has proven to be.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:57:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
He sold his soul to the devil to be popular and threw the nation under the obamacare bus.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Roberts is by far the worst justice because you know what to expect from Breyer, Kagan, Ginsburg, Sotomeyer, and mostly Kennedy.  

Roberts is a traitor.  He is dangerous because you can't expect what Constitution he is gonna interpret, the living breathing entity, or the document the framers wrote.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:59:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What are you talking about? I remember several here, in fact one a much sucked off attorney, shouting all of his detractors down after the 0bamacare ruling. We were told he is a brilliant legal scholar, the ruling was brilliant, that we need to sit down and STFU. Indeed, there were quite a few singing his praises.

Clarence Thomas can stay for a couple more years but his replacement needs to be his twin, in a manner of speaking. It'll be a sad day when he retires and I can only hope his replacement will be as good as he has proven to be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't think you heard any of that from me.  

**who knows maybe I had a stroke and don't remember it...
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:04:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
I was NOT at all implying you said anything of the sort.

My apologies if it sounded that way.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:05:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know man.  I wasn't offended, bantering back and forth.  No big.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:06:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Clarence Thomas is probably the best judge on the court.  

Maybe if he booked a vacation via Asia Air or something with RBG, then maybe.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:07:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:11:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
I agree with what you're saying about him. But he isn't leaving and nobody could make if they wanted to. Thank GWB
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:13:42 AM EDT
[#26]
I think Thomas wants to be the 4th Justice Trump replaces.

We still have RBG and Kennedy to replace first.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:14:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Some of you are living in a fantasy land, Thomas is only 68.  You might as well ask Alito to retire too, he's 67.

And Roberts isn't going anywhere.

Unfortunately RGB will never voluntarily leave the court, not under any POTUS who's not a woman and certainly not under Trump.  Can she live another 6 years? Sure, that would only make her 90.  She's got far better healthcare than my Mom did, and Mom lived until 92.

Kennedy is 80 and Breyer is 78. It'd be nice to see both retire, but I doubt Breyer will retire while Trump is POTUS.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:17:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Thomas is easily the best Justice on the Court.  However, black men aren't known for their longevity.  He may want to retire during Trump's second term.
View Quote
@Melchiorre why don't you edit what you said to what I said and be a little more respectful of the Justice and less racist.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:19:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I agree with what you're saying about him. But he isn't leaving and nobody could make if they wanted to. Thank GWB
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe if they produce the pictures, recordings, or files on him....just saying.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:20:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Some of you are living in a fantasy land, Thomas is only 68.  You might as well ask Alito to retire too, he's 67.

Unfortunately RGB will never voluntarily leave the court, not under any POTUS who's not a woman and certainly not under Trump.  Can she live another 6 years? Sure, that would only make her 90.  She's got far better healthcare than my Mom did, and Mom lived until 92.

Kennedy is 80 and Breyer is 78. It'd be nice to see both retire, but I doubt Breyer will retire while Trump is POTUS.
View Quote
Thomas has already hinted at it the last few years.  Who knows when he will go.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:30:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
I get where you are coming from, and you may be correct. However, I think it is a fair hope that Thomas may retire. Yes he will be missed, as he is our strongest advocate. I think the distinction is that he has served the court over 25 years, whereas Roberts and Alito are at just over a decade. He has made his mark, served his country well, and is still in a position to enjoy retirement. 

Of course, the average life expectancy for an American male is about 76 years and gambling on a second Trump term is a dangerous game, as he will be getting close to that age. Retiring would be the safe play if he wanted to help secure a conservative court for a generation.

Your sentiments on the liberal justices are spot on, I fear. But, the same reason we are hopeful we can replace them is the same reason why Thomas should retire now, they gambled on an election, at a ripe age, and lost.

Still hoping Kennedy retires this summer.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:32:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Maybe he can challenge Kagan to a duel.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:37:08 AM EDT
[#33]
What needs to be concentrated on is to make sure NO nominee is from an Ivy League school or even close.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:46:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Ginsburg needs to up her Oxycontin dose and fade away.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:47:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:51:16 AM EDT
[#36]
OP is right.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:59:58 AM EDT
[#37]
I hope he lives to be 100 and we get 7 more just like him.  He has really come into his own since he is out of Scalia'a shadow.  His defense of the constitution may be the strongest of any judge in living memory.  His decent of not taking the California carry ban was epic.

“For those of us who work in marbled halls, guarded constantly by a vigilant and dedicated police force, the guarantees of the Second Amendment might seem antiquated and superfluous. But the framers made a clear choice: They reserved to all Americans the right to bear arms for self-defense. I do not think we should stand by idly while a state denies its citizens that right, particularly when their very lives may depend on it.”
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:01:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:04:40 AM EDT
[#39]
RBG probably thought Clinton couldn't lose..or she'd have given Obama a chance to replace her,
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:27:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Thomas is easily the best Justice on the Court.  However, buck negros aren't known for their longevity.  He may want to retire during Trump's second term.
View Quote
"Buck negros"? Are you posting from 1927?

Nobody in the world receives better health care. If Thomas is on the bench as long as Thurgood Marshall,he will have another 14 years.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:35:18 AM EDT
[#41]
LOL this thread...

Thomas is going to do just what he wants...

Uninfluenced by GD...

Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:39:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
and retire. Now is the time to stack the court with young conservatives that will be on the bemch for many years to come. While i appreciate everything Justice Thomas has done, his time is coming to and end and he needs to pave the way for someone younger.

The next 3 years need to be treated like its Trump's second term and he's on his way out, because he very well may be. With all the shit going on lately, I wouldn't be surprised if the left does everyhting they can to rig and steal 2020, so push through everything possible now while we can.
View Quote

WTF???

Don't you touch him!  I have very few human heros and he's one of them!
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:40:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Thomas has already hinted at wanting to retire.
If he wants to he should consider it next year. Not everybody wants to work till their late 80's, the man may want to enjoy his later years with family and friends.
He's not the oldest but if he's been considering it he deserves the right to do so.

We need 2 out 3 to retire before 2020 IMO. No guarantee that Trump runs again or will be elected 2020. That would mean Thomas would have to hang in there for another 4-8 years to try and retire on a Repub.
If we can get 2 to retire we may get lucky and get to replace Ginsburg but we would have to win 2020 otherwise if Thomas retires his replacement will be another Ginsburg so that would be an even swap

2 out 3 would give Trump 3 appointments by 2020. We win 2020 we would get 2 more picks, Ginsburg & Thomas(Breyer) we lose 2020 Dems would only possible pick up 1, replacing Ginsburg wouldn't be a gain, replacing Thomas would be their +1.

I may have to word this later for clarity. I'm about to go grab some Z's
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:52:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
@Melchiorre why don't you edit what you said to what I said and be a little more respectful of the Justice and less racist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thomas is easily the best Justice on the Court.  However, buck negros aren't known for their longevity.  He may want to retire during Trump's second term.
Naw, I'll speak how I want, but thanks for being the PC police.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:54:24 AM EDT
[#45]
I have never openly celebrated the death of an enemy but I will make an exception when RBG finally goes to hell.

That being said she will probably live to be 117.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:55:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Nobody in the world receives better health care. If Thomas is on the bench as long as Thurgood Marshall,he will have another 14 years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope you're right.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:56:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Roberts is by far the worst justice because you know what to expect from Breyer, Kagan, Ginsburg, Sotomeyer, and mostly Kennedy.  

Roberts is a traitor.  He is dangerous because you can't expect what Constitution he is gonna interpret, the living breathing entity, or the document the framers wrote.  
View Quote
I agree.  Breyer is 78 as well... I'm hoping Trump replaces him and RBG.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:03:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Thomas and Kennedy need to hold on retiring until we see if we can get rid of RBG or Breyer.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:05:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ayup!!

Here's to hoping that RBG goes peacefully in her sleep....
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:24:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
After the shit the left put the man through, he fucking OWNS his seat as long as his corpse is in it.

The Leftists snivel and bitch about the majority denying the minority freedom, and due process, only when it suits them.
Anyone paying attention to the process Clarence Thomas was subjected to, and the blatantly racist assault on the mans integrity by the Democrats, learned quickly what the guy was up against.

Rosa Parks never had to face down a bedsheet wearing Congress and senate, backed up by
their lap dog media.

I wish him excellent health, well into his 90's, as an owner of the seat, and a living reminder of the HATE under the veneer of the left.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top