Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 6/26/2017 2:27:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 2:33:36 PM EDT
[#1]
So what you're saying that if someone is rich, powerful, well known, influential, and can afford top lawyers, they can get away with anything.  Who'd a thunk?

Link Posted: 6/26/2017 2:34:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Lots of information out there. But the big push is to basically make it so a man can be charged with rape with no proof he actually did the crime.
View Quote

You mean that's not how it already is?  
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 2:37:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Duke lacrosse 
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 2:48:29 PM EDT
[#4]
V power
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 2:53:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Duke lacrosse 
View Quote
starting to sound like it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:25:35 PM EDT
[#6]
27 students at UA reported sexual assaults last year. Only two arrests were made. Which is absurd.
View Quote
I wonder why only 1/14th of claims resulted in arrests?  They're probably all just rich businessmen.  At school.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:26:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Legitimate rape or ragret rape.  That is the question.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:29:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Would a woman falsely accuse a rich man of rape for a potential civil payout of millions of dollars?

naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:29:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I will need to see her psych records before I buy that anything in particular "drove" her to suicide.  

Also, what's wrong with requiring a woman to forcefully tell a man no?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:29:56 PM EDT
[#10]
In before someone says, "Good thing he got off. Women lie."

Oops, too late.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Resistance shouldn't be required.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:33:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I will need to see her psych records before I buy that anything in particular "drove" her to suicide.  

View Quote
A lot of women become passive when they are raped. They lay still and wait for it to be over. It's a survival mechanism.

Now obviously a guy might proceed thinking she's ok with it and she's just a boring lay but either way the law shouldn't require resistance.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:34:18 PM EDT
[#13]
NC just passed a law: once it's in, you're good to go.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:35:48 PM EDT
[#14]
FBI crime stats state that 20% of all rape claims are flat out lies.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:36:06 PM EDT
[#15]
He looks kinda rapey 
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:37:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Sounds like a case of when dumbasses collide
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:37:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Resistance shouldn't be required.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:38:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
A lot of women become passive when they are raped. They lay still and wait for it to be over. It's a survival mechanism.

Now obviously a guy might proceed thinking she's ok with it and she's just a boring lay but either way the law shouldn't require resistance.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't mean "why didn't you tear his face off", I mean tell him so that any person would understand you're not just saying that, you don't want to do it.

The law absolutely should require enough vocal and or physical resistance that it's clear to both she means "no".  We are talking about people going to prison.

He told her to go to his bedroom, and she walked in.   She was sending mixed signals, particularly when both were drunk.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:38:55 PM EDT
[#19]
All of this stuff makes me glad I am in a long term relationship with a woman I love and trust.

The world is crazy, and it doesnt matter if you are a man, woman, black, white or green.....lots of crazies out there and I want nothing to do with any of them.

I tend go agree that there needs to be some indication that a person doesnt want to have sex for it to be rape (given we are talking about adults).  If there is no indication the act is unwanted, how is the accused supposed to know to stop?  I mean, saying "no, stop, let me leave, etc" would be plenty.......we just cant require people to be telepathic here.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:41:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Alabama is corrupt as fuck.

I went to high school with a rich kid who was driving drunk, killed a woman, was advised by his family lawyer to leave the scene of the accident and go home and sober up, and got six months probation for involuntary manslaughter which was later expunged from his record.

Another guy left two children to burn to death at his hunting camp while he was parking his H2 away from the flames so it wouldn't get damaged, criminal and civil suits for a gross negligence or dismissed against him despite the fact there was a witness testimony that he had left the stove running and started the fire while he was blackout drunk.

Honestly, I have a bunch of these stories.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:42:00 PM EDT
[#21]
He looks kinda downsy
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:42:55 PM EDT
[#22]
If she told him that she didn't want to have sex with him (she says she told him), and he continued, then it's rape. It also sounds like the police were really bending over backwards to not file charges.

She did go to the police right away. This isn't something where she waited years. On one hand, maybe she wanted a payout. On the other hand, he's so rich and powerful and used to getting his way, maybe he is the type to ignore a "no." And, how many gold-diggers commit suicide after their plans are thwarted? It seems she couldn't live with the unjustice of it all. At least that's what it LOOKS like.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:44:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
FBI crime stats state that 20% of all rape claims are flat out lies.  
View Quote
Sounds way low to me. 
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:44:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
He looks kinda downsy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
He looks kinda downsy
that looks like 99% of the rich guys I grew up and went to school with in Alabama.

They all have that borderline tarded look  that comes as a result of a handful of rich families inbreeding to try to keep their land and money and they all dress the same way.

Most of them have names like BJ, TJ, RJ, or something with a J behind it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:45:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I don't mean "why didn't you tear his face off", I mean tell him so that any person would understand you're not just saying that, you don't want to do it.

The law absolutely should require enough vocal and or physical resistance that it's clear to both she means "no".  We are talking about people going to prison.

He told her to go to his bedroom, and she walked in.   She was sending mixed signals, particularly when both were drunk.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:46:33 PM EDT
[#26]
I looked at a few articles on it... all written by women and frankly all biased toward the 'male dominated system'

I did enjoy reading the comments because sure as shit they blame Trump

But I haven't read anything that would lead me to indict, if I had been on that grand jury

She was at an Irish pub, drinking '5 cups of beer', she was 20 ( whats the drinking age in Alabama?), and don't the micks use pints, a pint being 2 cups.

But did sweet-t provide her the booze, that may have been an element of the crime...but it reads like the intimidation was limited to not threats but that she was intimidated by his influence as being from a prominent family?

I don't think that would be enough to pursue a complaint in the majority of states.

Throw in her having a cellphone, calling her friend to come pick her up...smells like bullshit
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:46:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Use your words.  Do you disagree that women sometimes give mixed signals to men?  Long ago, in college, in fact, I have been told "no", which I absolutely honored, only to be awakened shortly thereafter by an unmistakable act that, itself, said yes.  

Again, I don't need to see wounds on anybody, but if you want toss someone in prison, it needs to be unequivocal.  

Do you disagree?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:47:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Would a woman falsely accuse a rich man of rape for a potential civil payout of millions of dollars?

View Quote
And that's just it.  You want to hold those responsible for the crimes accountable but it works both ways.  

Even just accusing someone, anymore, is enough to ruin them.  You can't really shake that title unless there is a publicized punishment on the other end.  

You want stronger rape laws, I'm all for it...but women better understand that it's going to work both ways.  You falsely accuse someone or it's that "I regret sex last night...rape!" accusation, you are getting as stiff of a sentence as the guy would have. 
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:50:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Sounds like a "he said, she said case."

I'm not saying she's lying but what do people expect to happen in cases like that?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:50:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Use your words.  Do you disagree that women sometimes give mixed signals to men?  Long ago, in college, in fact, I have been told "no", which I absolutely honored, only to be awakened shortly thereafter by an unmistakable act that, itself, said yes.  

Again, I don't need to see wounds on anybody, but if you want toss someone in prison, it needs to be unequivocal.  

Do you disagree?
View Quote
So what you're telling me is that if she's too drunk to resist, it's not rape.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:50:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
that looks like 99% of the rich guys I grew up and went to school with in Alabama.

They all have that borderline tarded look  that comes as a result of a handful of rich families inbreeding to try to keep their land and money and they all dress the same way.

View Quote
Monty Python - Upper-Class Twit of the Year
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:53:25 PM EDT
[#32]
And y'all thought Sharia law was bad?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:54:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So what you're saying that if someone is rich, powerful, well known, influential, and can afford top lawyers, they can get away with anything.  Who'd a thunk?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/lE6j_3tpJrc/maxresdefault.jpg
View Quote
LAPD and the prosecution shit the bed all over that case.

Not really the same thing as a wealthy person buying justice.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:54:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
lol, that's not what he said at all.

What he said is that there's a shit ton of reasonable doubt here.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:55:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:56:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you disagree?
Is that what I wrote?  why do people on forums always try the "a-HA!!!" Big finish?   No, that's not what I wrote, that's not what I'm saying, and that's not a logical extension of what I am saying.  

You can do better than that, white knight.  She didn't say she was too drunk to resist, so why would you make that up?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:57:43 PM EDT
[#37]
He LOOKS like he is used to his money, not his charm/looks/huge pecker, getting women to come home w/ him
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:57:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I went to high school with a rich kid who was driving drunk, killed a woman, was advised by his family lawyer to leave the scene of the accident and go home and sober up, and got six months probation for involuntary manslaughter which was later expunged from his record.

Another guy left two children to burn to death at his hunting camp while he was parking his H2 away from the flames so it wouldn't get damaged, criminal and civil suits for a gross negligence or dismissed against him despite the fact there was a witness testimony that he had left the stove running and started the fire while he was blackout drunk.

View Quote
Holy sh*t
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:59:31 PM EDT
[#39]
I told this story at work and to my wife. I modified it so that it was a guy that was drunk and got into a random guys car. Got the shit kicked out of him and robbed. Every person I told that story to said "he's an idiot and deserved it."

Then I told them the real story. Most people said she was an idiot who put herself in a bad situation.

She didn't deserve to be raped but at the same time she set herself up for it on a platter
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:59:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
All of this stuff makes me glad I am in a long term relationship with a woman I love and trust.

The world is crazy, and it doesnt matter if you are a man, woman, black, white or green.....lots of crazies out there and I want nothing to do with any of them.

I tend go agree that there needs to be some indication that a person doesnt want to have sex for it to be rape (given we are talking about adults).  If there is no indication the act is unwanted, how is the accused supposed to know to stop?  I mean, saying "no, stop, let me leave, etc" would be plenty.......we just cant require people to be telepathic here.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 4:00:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oh I definitely wouldn't vote to convict based on the article. No chance in hell. And a lack of resistance could indicate to a reasonable person that she is consenting. But I cannot tolerate the idea of a requirement to resist.

If you failed to resist a robbery should it not be a crime?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 4:01:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Frankly, it doesn't sound like much of a case no matter who the accused was. The victim got drunk, got in the accused's car, and went to the accused's home. She entered the accused's bedroom under her own power. That's her story. The parties agree that they had sex - consensual or unconsensual. She says she took a gun and money when she left.

How would you like to try to convince a jury BRD that she is a rape victim rather than a willing sex partner who helped herself to some goodies on the way out?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 4:01:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
And that's just it.  You want to hold those responsible for the crimes accountable but it works both ways.  

Even just accusing someone, anymore, is enough to ruin them.  You can't really shake that title unless there is a publicized punishment on the other end.  

You want stronger rape laws, I'm all for it...but women better understand that it's going to work both ways.  You falsely accuse someone or it's that "I regret sex last night...rape!" accusation, you are getting as stiff of a sentence as the guy would have. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

QFMFT

Femnazis want "guilty until proven innocent without a doubt". I say "you bring up rape charges and lose, you get to pay the bills and/or serve time" or something less severe like you have to publicly drop all charges or some shit, there's a reason I don't write the laws. Anyhow, some kind of punishment aughta cut down on the fake rape cases
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 4:04:39 PM EDT
[#44]
FWIW Florida law says "'Consent' shall not be deemed or construed to mean the failure by the alleged victim to offer physical resistance to the offender."
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 4:06:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Oh I definitely wouldn't vote to convict based on the article. No chance in hell. And a lack of resistance could indicate to a reasonable person that she is consenting. But I cannot tolerate the idea of a requirement to resist.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Robbery doesn't work as an analogy, because people don't consent to be robbed.  People DO hook up and have sex, willingly, all the time, with what amount to strangers.  

People have sex, and people rape/get raped.  The ONLY difference is consent, and the ONLY way to decide if there was consent is "what would a reasonable person in that situation think?"

Therefore, there has to be unequivocal words or action that communicate that there is no consent.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 4:07:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

QFMFT

Femnazis want "guilty until proven innocent without a doubt". I say "you bring up rape charges and lose, you get to pay the bills and/or serve time". That aughta cut down on the fake rape cases
View Quote
I would agree with that, if it's "you are found to be LYING." Just because someone did a crime, doesn't mean they'll be convicted. It's a pretty high standard to live up to—to file a complaint with 100% certainty that there will be a conviction, and if you're wrong, you end up footing the bill or going to jail.

How would you like that to be the standard for filing a complaint about a theft or some sort of assault? If it turns out the accused is not convicted, the victim goes to jail instead? Uh, no.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 4:10:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Same in LA and other poor states where the victim (usually an art hoe) can't afford a lawyer like the rapist can. (Usually the Chad's daddy)
Same things with the names too
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 4:14:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Robbery doesn't work as an analogy, because people don't consent to be robbed.  People DO hook up and have sex, willingly, all the time, with what amount to strangers.  

People have sex, and people rape/get raped.  The ONLY difference is consent, and the ONLY way to decide if there was consent is "what would a reasonable person in that situation think?"

Therefore, there has to be unequivocal words or action that communicate that there is no consent.  
View Quote
It wasn't robbery. He wanted to help me out so he let me have a hundred bucks.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 4:15:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's not just Alabama--I grew up in NJ and our local judge was a drunkard & pedophile. It was a regular occurrence for him to crash his car into public property & be found with kiddie porn, but it got brushed under the rug. I don't know whatever happened to him, but he never faced legal charges.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 4:15:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I would agree with that, if it's "you are found to be LYING." Just because someone did a crime, doesn't mean they'll be convicted. It's a pretty high standard to live up to—to file a complaint with 100% certainty that there will be a conviction, and if you're wrong, you end up footing the bill or going to jail.

How would you like that to be the standard for filing a complaint about a theft or some sort of assault? If it turns out the accused is not convicted, the victim goes to jail instead? Uh, no.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

QFMFT

Femnazis want "guilty until proven innocent without a doubt". I say "you bring up rape charges and lose, you get to pay the bills and/or serve time". That aughta cut down on the fake rape cases

I don't disagree, I was definitely just shooting from the hip and not covering all my bases at the end of the day though you really cannot deviate far from our current system without serious repercussions across the board with such a politically charged topic
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top