Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 89
Posted: 5/15/2017 5:39:04 AM EDT
Sigh
I thought it was a scam.
No tears here as I never had enough to
Invest in the beginning,
I'm Family Poor

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/as-bitcoin-surges-over-1800-federal-reserve-official-admits-blockchain-value_052017

UPDATE:

"It will continue to rise in price as inflation goes higher and there is world turmoil," says Jonathan Johnson, president of Medici Ventures, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Overstock.com that focuses on blockchain, the technology that underlies digital assets such as bitcoin, allowing it to be tracked and secure. Johnson was instrumental in the decision by e-commerce company Overstock to begin accepting bitcoin in January 2014.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2017/05/22/bitcoin-hits-record-2000-and-rising/102012696/
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 5:41:12 AM EDT
[#1]
magic money.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 6:06:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Secure with the full faith and backing of...

...   ...   ... Which government again??
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 6:17:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
None. And that's one of the best things about it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 6:31:11 AM EDT
[#4]
If an EFT is created around Bitcoin, wouldn't that open the door to manipulating the price?
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 6:33:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Tulip mania for this century.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 6:40:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it pleases the crown, may I please trade freely?
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 6:48:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If an EFT is created around Bitcoin, wouldn't that open the door to manipulating the price?
View Quote
Wat?
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 6:54:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, that's bad.  At least a .gov backed currency is implicitly backed by taxpayers, until it implodes.  

Bitcoin is backed by absolutely nothing, and has no tangible scarcity.  It can go to zero at any time on a whim.  

The owners of private central banks that steal from society through government have been in the money and currency theft game for centuries.

They are masters at indebting nations, changing the currency, and hacking off zeros to steal the wealth.  The Federal Reserve is the king of theft, and they know what real money is.  See what they hold in their vaults for a clue, and then think about what they force us to use.  Two different things.  

Use goldmoney dot com instead of Bitcoin unless anonymity is needed.  6,000 years of historical value as money, where Bitcoin is only a few years old.  Very dangerous.  

Oh, and neither is an investment.  An investment would be ownership in shares of gold or Bitcoin mining companies.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 6:55:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Math, the community that maintains it, and the community that uses it.

If you'd rather have Janet Yellen and Ben Bernanke control your inflation instead of Satoshi setting up some algebra and walking away...you do you.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 6:58:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wat?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wat?
No.  An ETF makes no sense though.  Bitcoin isn't a tangible substance.  A gold ETF makes sense because otherwise, trading it would require physical shipment of it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:00:41 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll convert mine to USD once it hits $10K
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:00:53 AM EDT
[#12]
lol
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:04:17 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a few ounces of silver and maybe an ounce of gold...im poor.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:05:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Like it or not, blockchain is the future.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:07:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Use goldmoney dot com instead of Bitcoin unless anonymity is needed.  
View Quote
You listen to a lot of AM talk radio, don't you?
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:10:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Wat?
View Quote
From the article:

"Back in the US, the infamous Winklevoss twins, Cameron and Tyler, are waiting to hear back from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission as it reviews its original decision to reject a proposal for an exchange-traded fund, or ETF, that facilitates the entry of large institutional investors into the bitcoin market, CNBC reported."

Having an thing that buys a thing that represents a thing...

An eft for Bitcoin doesn't make any sense to me.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:16:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
From the article:

"Back in the US, the infamous Winklevoss twins, Cameron and Tyler, are waiting to hear back from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission as it reviews its original decision to reject a proposal for an exchange-traded fund, or ETF, that facilitates the entry of large institutional investors into the bitcoin market, CNBC reported."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wat?
From the article:

Can't be worse than the vixx
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:18:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Looks like it's gone up about 15% since all this ransomeware business started in the last week, it's getting a good bump from the publicity of being the preferred payment option? 
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:22:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Thee blockchain technology has application value. Bitcoin itself is trackable. Not to any one person or place, but just knowing each coin is accounted for to an address and can be verified is enough to make it better than fiat currency for some people.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:26:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Use goldmoney dot com instead of Bitcoin unless anonymity is needed.  
no, never.  What's the context of the question?
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:33:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
No, that's bad.  At least a .gov backed currency is implicitly backed by taxpayers, until it implodes.  

Bitcoin is backed by absolutely nothing, and has no tangible scarcity.  It can go to zero at any time on a whim.  

The owners of private central banks that steal from society through government have been in the money and currency theft game for centuries.

They are masters at indebting nations, changing the currency, and hacking off zeros to steal the wealth.  The Federal Reserve is the king of theft, and they know what real money is.  See what they hold in their vaults for a clue, and then think about what they force us to use.  Two different things.  

Use goldmoney dot com instead of Bitcoin unless anonymity is needed.  6,000 years of historical value as money, where Bitcoin is only a few years old.  Very dangerous.  

Oh, and neither is an investment.  An investment would be ownership in shares of gold or Bitcoin mining companies.
View Quote
PLEASE elaborate, I sold 10 yesterday for a profit of over 10000. I invested wisely. And continue to do so.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:47:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's a feature, not a bug.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:49:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
This.

Wanna know how I know he doesn't understand Bitcoin?
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:50:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Tulip mania for this century.
View Quote
Is there a finite supply to tulips?  Are tulips unable to be copied (reproduce)?
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:52:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
PLEASE elaborate, I sold 10 yesterday for a profit of over 10000. I invested wisely. And continue to do so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On which part?  Also, you are speculating, not investing.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:52:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Sigh
I thought it was a scam.
No tears here as I never had enough to
Invest in the beginning,

I'm Family Poor

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/as-bitcoin-surges-over-1800-federal-reserve-official-admits-blockchain-value_052017
View Quote

Sorry to hear that, CRC.  

Maybe we can start a GoFundMe for you?
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:02:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
No.  An ETF makes no sense though.  Bitcoin isn't a tangible substance.  A gold ETF makes sense because otherwise, trading it would require physical shipment of it.
View Quote
I'm not an expert, but when they sell an ETF don't they just create units? IE dilute the share price with each sale of the ETF. I though that was happening with the gold miner's ETFs like JNUG and NUGT. Hence why some ETFs continually reverse split.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:07:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
you didn't fucking invest wisely, you got lucky, just like the degenerate gamblers at vegas that "wins" every one in a while.

You guessed correctly, thats it. If you would have lost 10K you sure as shit wouldn't be posing about it now would you.

"investing in bitcoin" is dumber than "investing in gold"
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:14:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
you didn't fucking invest wisely, you got lucky, just like the degenerate gamblers at vegas that "wins" every one in a while.

You guessed correctly, thats it. If you would have lost 10K you sure as shit wouldn't be posing about it now would you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

actually blockchain currencies are going up in a way that is not possible in gold or other currencies.  if you have a few spare dollars, its not a bad lark to see what happens.  people are literally making millions on it, and it is still in its infancy.

investing in gold does have a backing, but what it lacks to make really good return (or loss) - is volatility - volatility is opportunity and blockchain has that in spades.  dont put your kids college money in it, put a few spare dollars you can see what happens with.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:14:38 AM EDT
[#30]
edit
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:20:20 AM EDT
[#31]
I remember begging my dad to let me use his debit card to buy $100 worth when they were 50 cents a pop he thought I was crazy
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:22:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree it's not investing but it's not luck either.  Bitcoin is doing exactly what it was designed to do over years ago and the only questions where if the program would prove robust and if  it would be adopted.  I studied how it worked back in 2013, understood the risks, bought a bunch, and now have done very well.

It's no different than someone seeing the potential of ecommerce on the world wide web back in the 90s, buying Amazon stock and holding out for the maturation of that market.

Super risky yes, but It's not luck when you do your homework.

I don't buy stocks without reading annual reports and I didn't buy bitcoin without thoroughly understanding how it functions either.

Oddly enough, the only other crypto I've bought has been ethereum.  Out the thousands of altcoins how did I manage to pick the other big winner?  Lucky twice?
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:23:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well played, digital is the future, choose wisely.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:26:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't hate. It's so unbecoming.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:27:18 AM EDT
[#35]
I expect it to go higher, and then plummet to about $1.4-1.5k.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:30:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Where do you cash those "bitcoins" in for real money? gold?
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:40:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
<snip> actually blockchain currencies are going up in a way that is not possible in gold or other currencies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<snip> actually blockchain currencies are going up in a way that is not possible in gold or other currencies.
that is usually a clue.

i bet the first 10 people or so who got in on amway are richer than shit too. usually by the time the average joe hears about it they are out of that bubble of richness. now they are in the who can hold the grenade the longest bubble.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:42:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
You are some kind of clueless.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:45:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
My brother has been a degenerate guesser for a while.

It's so bad, he and his wife aren't even working anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My brother has been a degenerate guesser for a while.

It's so bad, he and his wife aren't even working anymore.
the water filter guy also told me he doesn't even have to work anymore, walking door to door is a hobby that keeps him in shape. he said i should get my certificate to be a filter distributor too. he didn't seem to be a dog person.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:50:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Is this a serious question?  People, self included, have been selling bitcoins for cash for a long time now.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:53:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
i have actually seen 5 or 6 places that accept bitcoin for payment here in central florida. i would assume it wouldn't be to hard to find someone to buy them, but until walmart, publix, target, winn dixie, ect start accepting them i am not interested.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:36:33 AM EDT
[#42]
mfw "it's a scam" posters

"It's going to drop to zero11!!!" at $5, then $10, then $100, then $1000, and now at $1800

Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:42:06 AM EDT
[#43]
I bought two at three hundred just to try out.kinds wishing I'd bought twenty
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:43:26 AM EDT
[#44]
I sold 2.5 out of my 3.2 bitcoins last night

Since I sold it will go to $10,000 now
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 10:55:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I bought two at three hundred just to try out.kinds wishing I'd bought twenty
View Quote
i could never understand the "mining part" (i get it, but i don't). i also wanted a raspberry pi thing too until i watched a youtube video, fuck it walmart can keep building my computers.

either would be like me trying to make a wedding dress for a new bride.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 11:03:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Every bitcoin discussion ever consists of people saying random stuff about it.

That's it.

If you like bitcoin, you say that it's going to be worth billions some day.

if you hate bitcoin, you say that it's going to implode some day.

That's the entire intellectual content of any bitcoin discussion.

It's an empty exercise.

It zoomed up in value when all the haters said it was going to crash and it tanked when all the fanboys said it was going to the moon.

every time it zooms upward, it becomes the best thing in the world, every time it crashes everyone give it a eulogy.

just admit you have no clue what's going to happen to it.

As an outsider and disinterested party, I don't see how a currency that wildly fluctuates in value could be used as a currency.

Would you be willing to be paid in dollars and keep your retirement fund in dollars if the dollars zoomed from $200 to $900 and back to $200 in a few months?

At this point in its evolution, it seems more like a real volatile stock than a currency.

Or like gold.  You know how people insist that gold is some sort of excellent store of value as it zooms up and down.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 11:10:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Another thought:

it might be a beanie baby type investment and it might die someday, but people do get rich gambling on this kind of stuff

during the dot com boom, people got rich off of internet companies that were supposed to deliver dog food in the mail

of course, on the flip side, the last guy to buy in loses his shirt when the bubble pops

during the dot com boom, there was a shitload of articles about how "the old rules don't apply anymore."

in other words, financial experts were saying that because of the internet boom, a company no longer needed to produce a product or turn  profit to be valuable

there were advisors telling you to buy stocks for companies with no employees and no actual product.

6 months later when it all turned to shit, the same guys were writing articles about how dumb everyone was for buying into the dot com hype
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 11:18:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Every bitcoin discussion ever consists of people saying random stuff about it.

That's it.

If you like bitcoin, you say that it's going to be worth billions some day.

if you hate bitcoin, you say that it's going to implode some day.

That's the entire intellectual content of any bitcoin discussion.

It's an empty exercise.

It zoomed up in value when all the haters said it was going to crash and it tanked when all the fanboys said it was going to the moon.

every time it zooms upward, it becomes the best thing in the world, every time it crashes everyone give it a eulogy.

just admit you have no clue what's going to happen to it.

As an outsider and disinterested party, I don't see how a currency that wildly fluctuates in value could be used as a currency.

Would you be willing to be paid in dollars and keep your retirement fund in dollars if the dollars zoomed from $200 to $900 and back to $200 in a few months?

At this point in its evolution, it seems more like a real volatile stock than a currency.

Or like gold.  You know how people insist that gold is some sort of excellent store of value as it zooms up and down.
View Quote
transfer all my retirement to bitcoin.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 11:19:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

i could never understand the "mining part" (i get it, but i don't). i also wanted a raspberry pi thing too until i watched a youtube video, fuck it walmart can keep building my computers.

either would be like me trying to make a wedding dress for a new bride.
View Quote
Mining by normal people ended a long time ago. Now it's specialized computers that do it. It's really not worth it for most people unless electricity is very cheap where you are, your cooling expenses are very low and you have money that you don't really care about losing.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 11:21:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Another thought:

it might be a beanie baby type investment and it might die someday, but people do get rich gambling on this kind of stuff

during the dot com boom, people got rich off of internet companies that were supposed to deliver dog food in the mail

of course, on the flip side, the last guy to buy in loses his shirt when the bubble pops

during the dot com boom, there was a shitload of articles about how "the old rules don't apply anymore."

in other words, financial experts were saying that because of the internet boom, a company no longer needed to produce a product or turn  profit to be valuable

there were advisors telling you to buy stocks for companies with no employees and no actual product.

6 months later when it all turned to shit, the same guys were writing articles about how dumb everyone was for buying into the dot com hype
View Quote
some loon tried to convince me you would be able to order something online and print it at home, 25 years later 3d printers are almost a thing. i should look her up and ask her what her opinion is on bitcoin.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 89
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top