Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 3/28/2017 8:05:23 AM EDT
Worst humanitarian crisis hits as Trump slashes foreign aid

The world's largest humanitarian crisis in 70 years has been declared in three African countries on the brink of famine, just as President Donald Trump's proposed foreign aid cuts threaten to pull the United States from its historic role as the world's top emergency donor.

If the deep cuts are approved by Congress and the U.S. does not contribute to Africa's current crisis, experts warn that the continent's growing drought and famine could have far-ranging effects, including a new wave of migrants heading to Europe and possibly more support for Islamic extremist groups.

The conflict-fueled hunger crises in Nigeria, Somalia and South Sudan have culminated in a trio of potential famines hitting almost simultaneously. Nearly 16 million people in the three countries are at risk of dying within months.

"We are facing the largest humanitarian crisis since the creation of the United Nations," Stephen O'Brien, the U.N. humanitarian chief, told the U.N. Security Council after a visit this month to Somalia and South Sudan.

At least $4.4 billion is needed by the end of March to avert a hunger "catastrophe"
View Quote
This may sound cruel but feeding these people to begin with has created worst manmade inhumane disaster in human history.

Populations in all countries not just third world need to be self regulated and forced by nature to maintain only the numbers they can sustain.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:09:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:09:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't care
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:10:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Let them eat cake.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:10:10 AM EDT
[#4]
"I've never seen this kind of threat to what otherwise has been a bipartisan consensus that food aid and humanitarian assistance programs are morally essential and critical to our security," Steven Feldstein, a former deputy assistant secretary of state in the Obama administration, told The Associated Press.
View Quote
Feed us or we will kill you
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:10:21 AM EDT
[#5]
nevermind
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:10:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm sure their mooslim populations will start planting crops to feed the masses now.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:11:08 AM EDT
[#7]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0q4o58pKwA[/youtube]
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:11:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't care
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:13:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Hate to see it but this country can't rescue everyone in the world.  You can see how well it's working for us here domestically.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:15:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Remind me again why we have to feed them when there are starving US citizens.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:17:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I can't remember any point in my lifetime where Africa wasn't wrought with drought, famine, starvation.

Seems like the natural order there.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:17:42 AM EDT
[#12]
This hunger crisis was created by "benevolent racism."

I recall a statue somewhere in the US South, after the civil war, depicting a white man reaching down to help a black man with broken chains on his wrists. It was supposed to symbolize the end of racism, but...

Racists need someone to feel superior to. Whether it's overt, and the Democrats whip their slaves and keep them picking cotton, or it's disguised as welfare and food stamps, and the Democrats keep their slaves whipped and picking votes, it's still racism.

By continually providing everything, Democrats are able to say "oh, look at me, saving the poor negroes!" while they believe in their hearts that they are better - they are competent, they are wealthy, and most important, they are good people because of how much they give.

Of course, when you provide everything for someone and shield them from negative consequences of their actions (such as by providing everything through welfare programs), it undermines their independence, autonomy, and competence. Benevolent racism produces self-doubt about competence and decreased self-esteem, lowers the victim's performance on cognitive tasks, causes them to define their worth on race-stereotypical traits rather than on their actual abilities. In other words, benevolent racism undermines the victim's competence, fosters feelings of helplessness, and contributes to their victimization.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:18:24 AM EDT
[#13]
193 nations make up the UN and it's the worst humanitarian crisis if just one decides to cut foreign aid?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:26:53 AM EDT
[#14]
This is theater to hit people in their feels, so the money keeps flowing...

If the UN cares so much, why don't they pony up 4.4 billion?  Or ask other countries to?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:27:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The world's largest humanitarian crisis in 70 years has been declared in three African countries on the brink of famine, just as President Donald Trump's proposed foreign aid cuts threaten to pull the United States from its historic role as the world's top emergency donor.

If the deep cuts are approved by Congress and the U.S. does not contribute to Africa's current crisis, experts warn that the continent's growing drought and famine could have far-ranging effects, including a new wave of migrants heading to Europe and possibly more support for Islamic extremist groups.

The conflict-fueled hunger crises in Nigeria, Somalia and South Sudan have culminated in a trio of potential famines hitting almost simultaneously. Nearly 16 million people in the three countries are at risk of dying within months.

"We are facing the largest humanitarian crisis since the creation of the United Nations," Stephen O'Brien, the U.N. humanitarian chief, told the U.N. Security Council after a visit this month to Somalia and South Sudan.

At least $4.4 billion is needed by the end of March to avert a hunger "catastrophe"
View Quote

This may sound cruel but feeding these people to begin with has created worst manmade inhumane disaster in human history.

Populations in all countries not just third world need to be self regulated and forced by nature to maintain only the numbers they can sustain.
View Quote

Anyone who believes that money will benefit the people who need it the most is either terribly naïve or hasn't been paying attention.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:28:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Didn't you read the article? if we don't feed them there will be more Islamic Extremism. Feed them or else! All terrorism is Americas fault, you owe it to them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:28:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This hunger crisis was created by "benevolent racism."

I recall a statue somewhere in the US South, after the civil war, depicting a white man reaching down to help a black man with broken chains on his wrists. It was supposed to symbolize the end of racism, but...

Racists need someone to feel superior to. Whether it's overt, and the Democrats whip their slaves and keep them picking cotton, or it's disguised as welfare and food stamps, and the Democrats keep their slaves whipped and picking votes, it's still racism.

By continually providing everything, Democrats are able to say "oh, look at me, saving the poor negroes!" while they believe in their hearts that they are better - they are competent, they are wealthy, and most important, they are good people because of how much they give.

Of course, when you provide everything for someone and shield them from negative consequences of their actions (such as by providing everything through welfare programs), it undermines their independence, autonomy, and competence. Benevolent racism produces self-doubt about competence and decreased self-esteem, lowers the victim's performance on cognitive tasks, causes them to define their worth on race-stereotypical traits rather than on their actual abilities. In other words, benevolent racism undermines the victim's competence, fosters feelings of helplessness, and contributes to their victimization.
View Quote
This is true. It also keeps the victim hooked on the welfare drug so they are dependent and will do what they are "told" to keep it. In short, keeping them slaves. 
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:30:36 AM EDT
[#18]
"At least $4.4 billion is needed by the end of March to avert a hunger "catastrophe""

The trick is to send the check to the right guy.

You know ......  to make sure it gets distributed properly.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:30:46 AM EDT
[#19]
If you make 50K a year, and you're 300K in debt, do you give your dysfunctional cousin a handout when he asks?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:31:47 AM EDT
[#20]
The starving people should just eat each other. 
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:32:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Any statistics you can share on starvation deaths in the US?

And, they are a market for US farmers via the government.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:32:08 AM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Sounds bad.  Europe should do something about that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:32:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If you make 50K a year, and you're 300K in debt, do you give your dysfunctional cousin a handout when he asks?
View Quote
Is she hot? 
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:33:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:35:26 AM EDT
[#25]
They need to learn to maintain their own people. Be it better education and more emphasis on farming or just a population reduction via having less children.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:35:45 AM EDT
[#26]
I heard Islam is peaceful, so why wouldn't they help them out? They're closer..
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:36:04 AM EDT
[#27]
The world's largest humanitarian crisis in 70 years has been declared in three African countries on the brink of famine...
The conflict-fueled hunger crises in Nigeria, Somalia and South Sudan have culminated in a trio of potential famines hitting almost simultaneously.
View Quote
So I evidently missed when Nigeria, Somalia, and South Sudan stopped having a famine in the last two decades. When did that happen?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:36:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Even though total foreign aid is a fraction of the budget I say stop all of it. We need to focus on America first.
Yes I'm lucky that I was born in America and it's not those kids' fault they were born into a shithole, but life isn't fair and never has been. Many of those African countries have all sorts of natural resources or other means of being productive.
This next comment will piss off the SJWs but some of those countries were doing decently under colonial rule, it was after their independence that they went to complete shit. Wasn't Rhodesia a "breadbasket" for Africa? Now Zimbabwe is a shithole that drove off all the experienced farmers and can't feed anyone. I'm not saying colonial rule was all rainbows and unicorns for African countries but I think many of them were better off than they are now

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zimbabwe#Agriculture
Zimbabwe's commercial farming sector was traditionally a source of exports and foreign exchange, and provided 400,000 jobs. However, the government's land reform program badly damaged the sector, turning Zimbabwe into a net importer of food products.[2] For example, between 2000 and 2016 annual wheat production fell from 250,000 tons to 60,000 tons, maize was reduced from two million tons to 500,000 tons and catlle slaughtered for beef fell from 605,000 to 244,000.[75]
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:37:09 AM EDT
[#29]
It's time for those who are pissing and moaning to step up to the plate; I'm tired of pissing American tax dollars away.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:37:29 AM EDT
[#30]
So if you structurally(*) can't feed your family is having more kids a good idea?

(*) Meteor strike or other freak act of nature I have no problem supporing anybody. Africa's problems are in fact 99% self made

A) To many retards in population vs population with proper skillset.
B) White snowflake FEELZ guiding principal for development. White liberals will complain about things like road development
C) Priorities of local populations are 90+% retarded
D) Difficult to establish property rights and use them as equity
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:37:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Maybe have an uprising and leverage the ridiculous volume of natural resources under your feet???
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:38:22 AM EDT
[#32]
We got the last few hundred famines and wars. I'm content to let another great country step forward for the next few.

When we get our finances in order, maybe we can help again in the future.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:38:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nothing Cruel about it, Not our Problem.

Let 'em Starve.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:38:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The starving people should just eat each other. 
View Quote
At first that seemed foolish to me and then I realized that they are already killing each other anyway.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:39:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
We got enough Africans to feed already
View Quote
FPNI like a motherfucker.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:39:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I can't remember any point in my lifetime where Africa wasn't wrought with drought, famine, starvation.

Seems like the natural order there.
View Quote
I was thinking the same thing.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:40:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Africa could be the breadbasket of the world if its leaders would quit scratching around on nonsense.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:41:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Sounds like an Africa problem. Best to let Africans handle it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:41:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Cloward-Piven wrapped in the masquerade costume of "Christian" charity..
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:43:57 AM EDT
[#40]

All the money in the world wouldn't end world hunger.

Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:44:25 AM EDT
[#41]
They live in unsustainable regions, and no amount of foreign aid will change that fundamental problem.  Keeping people on the land in those regions through the application of foreign aid simply adds to their suffering.  Without it they will relocate or die.  If they head to Europe then we can conclude that they were equally capable of relocating themselves within Africa for all of these years but chose not to do so.

Cut the cord and see what happens.

eta:  The people there have an average IQ in the 80s.  They will never be capable of sorting out their own problems.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:46:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Every individual is welcome to send thier own money, my government has no mandate to feed any person, not within it's own boarders, and especially not outside it's boarders.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:46:39 AM EDT
[#43]
We can't even feed our own people yet alone people in foreign lands.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:46:59 AM EDT
[#44]
I keep hearing how Germany and the EU is the most prosperous and advanced culture on the planet, they can step in and do some feeding.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:48:20 AM EDT
[#45]
There used to be a few countries in Africa that served as its breadbasket and were able to not only feed themselves, but others as well.

Now, due to the same sort of bleating liberal thought processes that precipitated this thread,  those countries are erased and their farmlands have been "redistributed" .

Tough shit now I guess.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:49:34 AM EDT
[#46]
The ironic thing is that the Green Revolution just created the ability for more people to starve.

And American charity is cruelty in the guise of kindness.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:49:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Sounds like an Africa problem. Best to let Africans handle it.
View Quote
+1.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:51:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Europe caused most of the problems in Africa, let Europe fix them.

Imagine how bad Africa would be if the Dutch hadn't killed half the people of the Congo and the Arabs hadn't sold a good portion of the Africans to the americas, India, and china. Place would really be hurting.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:51:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Coke is what I'm having.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:53:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Africa ............. Too big to fail.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top