Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/25/2017 12:06:06 AM EDT
Such as throats being cut. Or people being shot in the face with slugs and buckshot.

I watch some of these videos sometimes and it just gets to me once in a while.

I would just like to hear what you gotta say about it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:11:36 AM EDT
[#1]
yep,  don't need that running around in my head with all the other stuff
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:12:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I've hit the back button on some LiveLeak vids.
Sometimes you just know you don't want to watch.
Folks getting frisky at Wafflehouse are much more entertaining.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:13:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Not really into that type of stuff.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:13:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes because I'm not a sociopathic lunatic
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:13:05 AM EDT
[#5]
The older I get, the more it bothers me.

We used to watch really obscene and violent videos to get psyched up before stepping out of the wire. Now I empathize with the dying too much.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:15:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes. The one where the poor Indian guy gets electrocuted on top of the train.  

He was training to be a conductor.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:15:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Unfortunately not. I used to browse a site back in the day that routinely had pics and videos of gruesome injuries/deaths and became somewhat numb to it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:16:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes and no. At one level it does and bothers me, but I also study violence academically so I can compartmentalize that discomfort and watch most things dispassionately.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:17:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Doesn't bother me.
Now, watching people hurt innocent animals does.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:19:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Depends on the situation and whether or not the person needed killing.  Ordinarily I don't even like watching crash videos where it's obvious it was fatal
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:21:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Doesn't bother me.
View Quote
Same here
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:21:51 AM EDT
[#12]
It is entirely screwed up to watch that stuff and it will do weird things to a sane person.

But for the most part it doesn't bother me.  I think the Daniel Pearl beheading was the first I watched and I thought it looked fake.  I think it's growing up watching graphic movies that made me numb.

But don't watch them.  Normal people should avoid them.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:21:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Generally, not anymore.  Watching the Dagestan massacre and 3 Guys 1 Hammer videos fucked me up pretty good.  I actually feel like a piece of my soul died watching those videos.

However, I did see one the other day that really affected me.  Cartel member being tortured by a rival cartel.  When the video comes on, his face has already been skinned and his hands have been cut off.  Tourniquets have been applied to the arms to prevent bleedout.  They decapitate him with a box cutter as he writhes around choking on his own blood.  They shove some object into his mouth repeatedly to stop him from screaming.  All the while, they are just listening to music, taunting him, and calmly discussing how to kill him.  

I honestly recommend that you don't seek it out.  It's pretty bad.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:22:45 AM EDT
[#14]
I must be a sociopath, because I have no reaction at all. No different than watching something else.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:24:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Depends on who it is getting whacked, I saw a vid on liveleak that showed captured ISIS getting their heads blown off with buckshot, It didn't bother me. I don't vids when innocent people are getting murdered, not my thing.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:25:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Yeah I steer clear of those types of videos. Also, any animal abuse I can't watch.  Sick fucks who abuse a defenseless animal
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:26:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Nope. 
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:26:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Oddly, on a purely physical level, I'm more bothered by images and video of surgery than I am of accidents or murders. I don't know why, it doesn't make any sense. What trumps them both, though, is images and video of abscesses being popped and necrotic flesh and stuff. That's the stuff I flat-out refuse to watch .

As far as the original question goes, it really depends on the context. If it's narcos/terrorists knocking each other off, who cares. A truly innocent person being murdered will get the blood flowing into my cheeks though.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:26:57 AM EDT
[#19]
I cannot conceive how it would be bad to watch them. Everybody should. Then they would know what kinds of people are out there.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:27:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Doesn't bother me.
View Quote
Animals are better than people though. 
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:29:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Used to watch some of that stuff on faces of death and ogrish. 
Lost a lot of interest after seeing enough of it in real life.  

Funny story, had been back from  Iraq for like 3-4 weeks and some civvie friends all wanted to watch the beheading vid where they chopped a dude with some dull ass knife. 
I had heard about it and was all like "yea you have fun with that" and stepped out to smoke.  5 minutes later they were all out side doing to same with a bit of mild shock. 
"Yea not what you expected huh"
"nope"

Now, I only watch vids of things like police and CCW shootings that have teaching moments, or more disconnected stuff like hajji's shooting TOW's at each other in syria.  Or the hajj getting smoked by RPG backblast... OMG IDK why but I just die laughing everytime.  But nothing like... super graphic.  

eta- I think until you can connect a smell to an action (and other sensory inputs), it's hard for the mind to really associate things in video. I.E. a video of a guy getting shot in the guts doesn't click, until you've seen a guy who's been shot in the guts and can smell the shit and stomach acid that poured out.  Similar with fried bodies. People can see burned bodies in films and have no reaction. But once you've smelled cooked people, it's pretty locked in. 
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:30:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Seeing an innocent person murdered sucks and I may think about later on but I do not lose sleep over it.
The only vid I refused to watch the the execution of Danny Pearl. Friend watched it and he said ti really freaked him out.
Even my former brother was bothered by it and nothing ever got to him.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:31:45 AM EDT
[#23]
yes, mostly because i'm sane and a human being
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:33:57 AM EDT
[#24]
How hot is she?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:35:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Eugene Armstrong was pretty tough for me. I've seen several videos but that one, and the noises, was horrifying. 
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:36:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Two words: Slow mo
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:37:54 AM EDT
[#27]
I watched Ogrish vids when younger. It only took one head chopping vid to make me quit looking for them. Then I watched that vid where the Chechens cut the throats of 4 or 5 Russian soldiers. One of the guys ran off and got shot. That was the end of my vid watching of up close murders. Not my thing.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:37:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I've hit the back button on some LiveLeak vids.
Sometimes you just know you don't want to watch.
Folks getting frisky at Wafflehouse are much more entertaining.
View Quote
The Jordanian pilot who was burned in a cage. I had to click the back button. I didn't watch it.

I have a specific reason for starting this thread. I watched a video that really has me fucked up.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:40:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:40:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Not particularly. I do cringe on some of the extra fucked up shit though.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:41:50 AM EDT
[#31]
I voted yes.

I've seen some up close and personal death in my .46 years.

4chan rekt thread can still get me on occasion.

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:43:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Eugene Armstrong was pretty tough for me. I've seen several videos but that one, and the noises, was horrifying. 
View Quote
Yes. Most violent thing I have ever seen. That includes people dying IRL.

You have to be a monster to do that to someone.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:44:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The Jordanian pilot who was burned in a cage. I had to click the back button. I didn't watch it.

I have a specific reason for starting this thread. I watched a video that really has me fucked up.
View Quote
I've seen a lot of fucked up death videos and that pilot burning alive was the worst for me for sure.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:45:08 AM EDT
[#34]
I almost clicked on the murder of the news reporter and her cameraman that the black guy filmed.

I clicked back and didn't bother looking into that again.

I don't watch those videos.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:47:21 AM EDT
[#35]
As I have gotten older I have lost my taste for violence of most types.

I understand it exists and it is some cases necessary but frankly, I usually don't want to see it.
Even fictional violence bothers me at times.

Odd considering I grew up on 80s slasher/horror films.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:51:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
How hot is she?
View Quote
They. And they were Russian troops tortured, shot, and had their throats cut by Chechen's. The screams of the Russian troops will haunt me for the rest of my life. I just had to watch that fucking video.      
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:52:20 AM EDT
[#37]
I understand. We will burn for that.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:54:27 AM EDT
[#38]
The only one that I couldn't start much or finish was "three guys, one hammer"
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:54:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I watched Ogrish vids when younger. It only took one head chopping vid to make me quit looking for them. Then I watched that vid where the Chechens cut the throats of 4 or 5 Russian soldiers. One of the guys ran off and got shot. That was the end of my vid watching of up close murders. Not my thing.
View Quote
That is the video I just posted about that has me fucked up. I missed your post before I posted. Sorry.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:54:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

They. And they were Russian troops tortured, shot, and had their throats cut by Chechen's. The screams of the Russian troops will haunt me for the rest of my life. I just had to watch that fucking video.      
View Quote
Sounds like you saw the Dagestan massacre video.  Pretty horrific.  The way they toyed with the one guy and stabbed him in the back of the neck as he called out to his mother.  The stuff of nightmares.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:02:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Generally, not anymore.  Watching the Dagestan massacre and 3 Guys 1 Hammer videos fucked me up pretty good.  I actually feel like a piece of my soul died watching those videos.

However, I did see one the other day that really affected me.  Cartel member being tortured by a rival cartel.  When the video comes on, his face has already been skinned and his hands have been cut off.  Tourniquets have been applied to the arms to prevent bleedout.  They decapitate him with a box cutter as he writhes around choking on his own blood.  They shove some object into his mouth repeatedly to stop him from screaming.  All the while, they are just listening to music, taunting him, and calmly discussing how to kill him.  

I honestly recommend that you don't seek it out.  It's pretty bad.
View Quote
Dang, I just watched that... just brutal. This kind of stuff usually does not affect me much, but damn I cannot even begin to imagine the pain that guy felt. Was just wishing that he would just die so that he didn't have to suffer thru that

I remember watching 3 guys one hammer too, that was my first exposure to gore and that haunted me for days.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:03:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Terrorists getting smoked? No problemo. Especially when it's our guys dealing out the pain. Some random Joe or Jane? Nope.

I don't go looking for videos of either.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:06:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I almost clicked on the murder of the news reporter and her cameraman that the black guy filmed.

I clicked back and didn't bother looking into that again.

I don't watch those videos.
View Quote
I saw that on Fox News. It was sad. It means that someone can get you at anytime, and there is nothing you can do about it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:08:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Dang, I just watched that... just brutal. This kind of stuff usually does not affect me much, but damn I cannot even begin to imagine the pain that guy felt. Was just wishing that he would just die so that he didn't have to suffer thru that

I remember watching 3 guys one hammer too, that was my first exposure to gore and that haunted me for days.
View Quote
It really is horrible.  I often see people saying, "Well, he was a rival cartel member, so he was no saint and probably committed similar atrocities himself."  That's a valid point, but even knowing that, I still can't even begin to imagine how much hatred you have to have for someone to torture them like that.  I think one of the most disturbing aspects of the video is how nonchalant the killers are, as they talk back and forth as "Sweet Child O' Mine" comes on the radio.  I don't think I will ever be able to hear that song again without thinking of the video.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:19:03 AM EDT
[#45]
I don't mind watching criminals or terrorists die.  I can't stand watching innocents or good people die.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:19:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Nah, my searches are generally limited to big tit lesbian or Latina big tit lesbian, etc.

Watched Faces of Death as a kid...no thanks. Watching ISIS die on a FLIR feed? No problem.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:20:51 AM EDT
[#47]
No, because I don't watch them.

ETA:  Now, I should say I don't consider seeing Jihad Joe blowin' up real good in Asscrackistan to be murder; more of a motivational, feel-good, kinda family entertainment.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:24:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Watching some durkas blow themselves up or catch a couple rounds doesnt bother me one bit.  I doubt anyone here will disagree with that.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:29:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Death don't bother me at all but i saw the pics and videos what ISIS  did to christian babies and kids, that did get to me especially babies heads on pikes...
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:30:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Watching some durkas blow themselves up or catch a couple rounds doesnt bother me one bit.  I doubt anyone here will disagree with that.
View Quote
The Jolly green giants?....roaming the earth...boyscouts!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top