Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:12:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Way to make everyone look bad.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:14:12 PM EDT
[#2]
jesus christ
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:16:48 PM EDT
[#3]
That's horrible thing to say but i don't believe rape has any bearing on abortion. Whether you are pro-life or pro-choice.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:17:12 PM EDT
[#4]
When the Republicans get raped at the ballot box, is it the "will of God"?

He is a fucking retard.

I hope he gets raped.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:19:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Hopefully, as we move forward, religious types like him will occupy fewer seats in local government. The religious right needs to be marginalized into irrelevancy. They are just as annoying and stupid as the far left with some of their ideas as the subject of this thread illustrates.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:19:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He is a fucking retard.

I hope he gets raped.
View Quote
Inshallah
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:19:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I understand people who are pro-life. I don't agree, but I understand.

Except in cases of rape, incest, and danger to the mother. FFS, this lawmaker needs to go back to where he came from.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:21:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hopefully, as we move forward, religious types like him will occupy fewer seats in local government. The religious right needs to be marginalized into irrelevancy. They are just as annoying and stupid as the far left with some of their ideas as the subject of this thread illustrates.
View Quote
No shit
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:21:12 PM EDT
[#9]
My state legislature has some real idiots in office who'll do anything to get votes for the next election.
I think this moron must originally be from Arkansas.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:22:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:28:04 PM EDT
[#11]
His mouth is talking. He might want to look to that.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:28:16 PM EDT
[#12]
So if you are a pregnant woman in Oklahoma, you can't just drive across state lines to like Kansas or  Texas and get an abortion there?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:29:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd like statistics on how many abortions actually relate to rape and incest.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:32:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Honestly, I doubt accurate statistics exist. This would require accurate reporting from the female. Also, rape and incest are not mutually exclusive. Quite, the opposite I'd imagine.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:32:38 PM EDT
[#15]
well, If you believe all we do is a part of Gods plan for humanity, rape and incest are a part of that plan.

Free will is a myth to the true believer, we've no choice on what happens, it is guided by Gods will.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:32:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Inshallah
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is a fucking retard.

I hope he gets raped.
Inshallah
This.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:33:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
The founders believed that our form of government was wholly unsuitable for anyone other than Christians and those who were followers of Christian morality.
Make America Great Again ....as it was back when it was great.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:34:54 PM EDT
[#18]
"Oklahoma lawmaker defends anti-abortion bill, says rape and incest are ‘will of God Allah’"
With a minor change you'd expect his next legislative foray to address harlots and stones.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:35:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
well, If you believe all we do is a part of Gods plan for humanity, rape and incest are a part of that plan.

Free will is a myth to the true believer, we've no choice on what happens, it is guided by Gods will.
View Quote
Why use my rifle's sights when Allah guides the bullets?

See how fucking stupid and unscientific that is?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:35:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Them religious types are always telling me that everything is "God's will."

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:36:36 PM EDT
[#21]
OK, time for him to resign.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:36:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Inshallah
View Quote
Yeah, funny how the Christian far right hates/fears Islam and its radical elements. But they are too stupid to see they are just like them.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:38:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yeah, funny how the Christian far right hates/fears Islam and its radical elements. But they are too stupid to see they are just like them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Inshallah
Yep, exactly like. Which explains all the Christians running around bombing things and cutting off heads so we can reestablish the Papal States or something.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:38:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I understand people who are pro-life. I don't agree, but I understand.

Except in cases of rape, incest, and danger to the mother. FFS, this lawmaker needs to go back to where he came from.
View Quote
If it's about the fetus' life and not about the guilt or innocence of the mother, how the fetus was conceived is irrelevant.

Making exceptions for rape and incest is an admission that it's about the guilt or innocence of the mother and that it has nothing to do with the life of the fetus.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:39:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well bless your heart.  I'm putting you on the prayer list ....
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:40:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
All of them, if that's the only way they're allowed.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:40:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Way less than 1%.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:40:44 PM EDT
[#28]
The Texas Senate just approved a bill that would keep people from suing their doctor if he withheld info about birth defects in a fetus that could lead to an abortion
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:41:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Sharia law  Good stuff Oklahoma...
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:42:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
By gosh, you are right.  they were passing out the suicide vests and planning to hijack airliners at last Sunday School.

With all due respect - choke yourself.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:43:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

He is a fucking retard.

I hope he gets raped.
View Quote
Yeah, this...you aren't going to win votes by foisting your religious views on anyone...dumb ass...

This is where the bible thumper guys get us in trouble by turning off voters...you can believe anything you want, but STFU about it already...
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:46:03 PM EDT
[#32]
This guy is so utterly fucking retarded.  Does he even realize what the extensions of this kind of logic are?  If EVERYTHING is the will of God, then guess what that means for serial killers, rapists, child molesters, terrorists, school shooters, etc?  It's not their fault, and they have a legit excuse.  God made them that way!
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Are we talking legitimate rape or illegitimate rape?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:49:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
You'll never get them.  It would be damning to the pro infanticide argument.  Does it happen, absolutely, as often as the left claims, not a chance.  Unless you accept the rabid feminazi's definition of rape.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:49:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

If it's about the fetus' life and not about the guilt or innocence of the mother, how the fetus was conceived is irrelevant.

Making exceptions for rape and incest is an admission that it's about the guilt or innocence of the mother and that it has nothing to do with the life of the fetus.
View Quote
More correctly, it is a realization that carrying a CHILD (note: not "fetus") and delivering it is, at best, a life altering act, and at worst, a life-ENDING one.

If that child is the product of a CONSENSUAL act, then the associated risks and inconveniences were foreseeable consequences.  You bought the ticket, you take the ride.  Not "guilt" - just not "we are going to let you have a do-over and commit intra-uterine filicide to escape the foreseeable consequences of a voluntary act".

If the child is the product of a NON-CONSENSUAL act, or, even worse, an act in which consent simply cannot be given, then one cannot be just and fair and also insist that the mother undergo the trials and tribulations of such a pregnancy and delivery against her will.   Otherwise you are continuing an act of intrusion and brutality.  "No condition of slavery or involuntary servitude".

Edit to add - kind of the difference between inviting someone into your house for coffee and then shooting them to death, verses killing the rapist crawling through the bedroom window he just broke.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:50:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yeah, this...you aren't going to win votes by foisting your religious views on anyone...dumb ass...

This is where the bible thumper guys get us in trouble by turning off voters...you can believe anything you want, but STFU about it already...
View Quote
Gee what two things are mentioned in that First Amendment ... ?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:51:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's not a fair comparison. It's a stupid bill, though. I support abortion in cases of rape and incest 100%. If my wife was raped and impregnated by her rapist, I wouldn't have to make the appointment because I know she would. If our state didn't allow it, we would go to a state that would.

If the state forces us to have the baby, I would expect they would foot 100% of the bill for medical expenses up to and including the delivery and then take the child in as a ward of the state because no way am I raising it. I'm sure all the good Christians supporting bills like this would have no problem with paying more in taxes to cover the scenario I outlined above.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:51:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
No shit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
<strong>Quoted:</strong>
No shit

this is the kind of shit that hurts conservatives, when somebody says dumb shit like this
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:52:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:52:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Are we talking legitimate rape or illegitimate rape?
View Quote
You said rape twice.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Didn't know the almighty was in the business of rape & incest.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:55:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Gee what two things are mentioned in that First Amendment ... ?
View Quote
Well, tahts all well and good...but don't bitch and moan when he gets voted out in favor of a scumbag Dem...

Now, maybe HIS constituency may be fine with his words, especially if his district is chock full of evangelicals...but if not, and he gets voted out, well, then its on him...

Sometimes you have to know and judge your audience....
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:56:20 PM EDT
[#43]
How the fuck do assholes like him keep getting elected?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:57:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thanks, I feel better knowing that I've already heard the most idiotic thing I'll hear all day.  You're a credit to this site!
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:58:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
How the fuck do assholes like him keep getting elected?
View Quote
You must be new to politics.  Schumer, Pelosi, Boxer, McCain, Graham, etc, etc, etc.  They reflect the stupidity in the voter base.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:59:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thank you. I should have clarified - I understand the argument from a mental standpoint. I do not understand the argument from and emotional standpoint. Forcing the mother to carry a fetus full term, when the pregnancy was not wanted, or could cause her death, is not something I will ever agree with.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:00:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

More correctly, it is a realization that carrying a CHILD (note: not "fetus") and delivering it is, at best, a life altering act, and at worst, a life-ENDING one.

If that child is the product of a CONSENSUAL act, then the associated risks and inconveniences were foreseeable consequences.  You bought the ticket, you take the ride.  Not "guilt" - just not "we are going to let you have a do-over and commit intra-uterine filicide to escape the foreseeable consequences of a voluntary act".

If the child is the product of a NON-CONSENSUAL act, or, even worse, an act in which consent simply cannot be given, then one cannot be just and fair and also insist that the mother undergo the trials and tribulations of such a pregnancy and delivery against her will.   Otherwise you are continuing an act of intrusion and brutality.  "No condition of slavery or involuntary servitude".

Edit to add - kind of the difference between inviting someone into your house for coffee and then shooting them to death, verses killing the rapist crawling through the bedroom window he just broke.
View Quote
Its interesting that, while a horrific crime, and unfortunate fate is placed upon the mother it is ultimately the child who is killed for crimes of the father.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:00:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's a phenomenally low number.  The majority of abortions are performed on affluent young white women as a result of an unexpected/unwanted pregnancy.

Actually, that's from back in the 1980's or 90's, I forget which.  I saw it on NightLine(? - the news show with Ted Koppel).

I kinda want to know how many babies born of rape and/or incest grow up to commit rape and/or incest.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:01:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:02:13 PM EDT
[#50]
We aren't ever going to go back to a constitutional republic by losing elections. If you want to change the culture back to a more Christian one then you need to win hearts and minds. Stupid shit like this doesn't do it.

I understand the opposition to abortion but right now a ban on abortion isn't culturally palatable due to decades of leftist indoctrination and the importation of 3rd world cultures where life doesn't matter. Christians would be wise to adopt a long game. Get leftism out of our institutions and there will be a return to a more moral culture.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top