Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 3/23/2017 2:41:42 PM EDT
It's not finalized yet but both fighters seem legitimately interested in making this thing happen.  It would be an insanely popular fight and both fighters would make a fortune.

So, I'm dying to know what the collective wisdom of GD thinks:  Who wins?  Mayweather or McGregor?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:42:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Anybody that pays to see that is a damn fool.

eta - I made the mistake of paying for his last one.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:42:57 PM EDT
[#2]
McGregor will get his ass whipped because it will be a boxing match, not a UFC fight.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:43:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I  DGAF who wins.

It's comical and silly. I won't be watching.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:43:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:43:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
This.

It's embarrassing that there is interest and people willing to pay.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Agreed. We all know Mayweather will win.
View Quote
It's probably in the damn contract.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:44:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm calling for the upset.
McGregor knocks him out with a vicious left.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:45:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
McGregor will get his ass whipped because it will be a boxing match, not a UFC fight.
View Quote
That answers my question...
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:46:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is what I am thinking.  Straight out boxing rules would be a bad thing for Connor...
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:46:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Mayweather will get his ass whipped because it will be a boxing match, not a UFC fight.

Mayweather only knows boxing and will be at a tactical disadvantage dealing with the moves of a non-boxer.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:46:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm torn because Mayweather would almost certainly find some way to make an obscene amount of money off it, but I would love to see MacGregor ground and pound his arrogant face into hamburger.

ETA Assuming it is an MMA fight and not a boxing match. Don't see why MacGregor would agree to a straight up boxing match.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:47:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Have they actually decided on boxing vs grapple?

Either way, the type of match will define the winner, and it won't be a long fight.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:48:20 PM EDT
[#13]
If it's a straight boxing match (and I assume it would be), Mayweather cleans his clock. 

If it's an MMA match, McGregor beats the shit out of Mayweather so hard, he gets coloring books for Christmas. 
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:49:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Have they actually decided on boxing vs grapple?

Either way, the type of match will define the winner, and it won't be a long fight.
View Quote
Nothing is final yet but seems to be trending towards boxing rules.  Not sure about glove weight, etc.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:52:27 PM EDT
[#15]
If its UFC then the irish man wins.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:53:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
You've never had the chance to see something quite like this though.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:53:30 PM EDT
[#17]
To the seven guys that have voted McGregor will win, you do know that it is a boxing match, with boxing gloves and boxing rules right?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:54:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Bingo!

I'm not paying to see a millionaire run backwards for 12 rounds, again.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:55:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
I dunno about an ass whipping but I'd say you're right. McGregor would slaughter Mayweather in an MMA fight. It wouldn't even be competitive. He'll get out boxed in a boxing match though. I doubt he'll get embarrassed but he's not the better boxer. He probably won't win.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:57:34 PM EDT
[#20]
I think McGregor will hold up better than some think.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:57:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Mayweather is one of the all time pound for pound best fighters,  and might be the best defensive fighter in history. He might not get touched. The only way McGregor has a chance is to tey something completely unconventional.  In a stand up normal boxing fight, this is no contest.  Flip the rules to MMA and the results flip the opposite.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:00:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Lulz 48% McGregor.  Arf never fails.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:11:16 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm a fan of the mouthy irishman and was meh about Mayweather until the Paq fight, now I despise the guy.

But a boxing match, Mayweather will wear McGregor out. Period. McGregor is a fighter and a damn good one but when you take 75% of a mans tools away in his tool box, you can't expect him to still build a house like he always has. Mayweather has all the advantage in a fight like this and it will show.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:11:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Mayweather is one of the all time pound for pound best fighters,  and might be the best defensive fighter in history. He might not get touched. The only way McGregor has a chance is to tey something completely unconventional.  In a stand up normal boxing fight, this is no contest.  Flip the rules to MMA and the results flip the opposite.
View Quote
This.  Mayweather is 49-0 because he didn't get punched for two decades by the best punchers in his class.  

To think McGregor is landing punches on money mayweather is laughable.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:19:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
To the seven guys that have voted McGregor will win, you do know that it is a boxing match, with boxing gloves and boxing rules right?
View Quote
We understand. Have you ever seen a MMA fight? They use gloves to and a guy who only knows boxing is going to get his handed to him in a purely boxing fight.

Come talk to us after the match.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:20:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

But a boxing match, Mayweather will wear McGregor out. Period. McGregor is a fighter and a damn good one but when you take 75% of a mans tools away in his tool box, you can't expect him to still build a house like he always has. Mayweather has all the advantage in a fight like this and it will show.
View Quote
I'm no expert on boxing or MMA, but this seems like the most logical way to think about it.

I still think McGregor has a decent shot because of the age difference. Pacquiao is only 2 years younger than Mayweather. McGregor is 12 years younger and is likely at his peak, physically.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:21:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Well gang it looks like I'm alone again.

Connor is a natural fighter.  His punches feel like a train hit you.  He can knock you out with just 1 punch.  He just beat a man that was much bigger than him.  He knocked out somebody when he was moving backwards.  He's quick.  He has skills that you and I can only dream about.  He uses the biggest muscle in his whole body to beat you...................... his brain.

Mayweather is 40 years old.  That is OLD for a boxer.  You can't cheat time.  Sure he was great in the day.................. but now he only wants to get paid.

Listening to all the commentators and boxing coaches pick Mayweather hands down. Bla Bla Bla.  They're boxing.    Rules.   Etc.  I can guarantee you that not one of them has been in a real fight.  When I was younger I got into a fight a week.  I got my ass kicked plenty of times.  You can see it in their eyes before 1 punch is thrown. Mayweather's opponents all say he hits like a stinging bee.  Not individually hard, but after an accumulation they add up.  His focus has always been the counter.  Back in the day, sure, he could dance & weave & stay outta harms way.  He was viciously fast.  He could hit you 5 times before you took your next breath.  He won't get the chance to counter a lot with Connor today.  Conner can rock your world with 1 punch.  He proved he can take a punch too with Diaz. I haven't seen Mayweather punch anybody in quite awhile.

When the bell rings.................. Mayweather will get his head handed to him, and he knows it.  Look at his interviews & focus on his eyes, forget the words.  He won't be able to back up fast enough.  He can talk a good game.  Conner can talk too.  This fight will bring in plenty of $$$$.   The hype will outshine anything we've seen before.  Forget the Rousey BS...................

Bottom line:  It's gonna be fun.  Either way, it will be very entertaining. Don't spend any $$$$.  Just torrent it the next day or watch it on Kodi.  I'll say Conner in 2!  I wonder what the odds will be in Vegas.  I'll take that PPV $$$ & put some down!
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:23:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

McConnor is a natural fighter.  His punches feel like a train hit you.  He just beat a man that was much bigger than him.  He uses the biggest muscle in his whole body to beat you...................... his brain.

Mayweather is 40 years old.  That is OLD for a boxer.  You can't cheat time.  Sure he was great in the day.................. but now he only wants to get paid.

Listening to all the commentators and boxing coaches pick Mayweather hands down. Bla Bla Bla.  I can guarantee you that not one of them has been in a real fight.  When the bell rings.................. Mayweather will get his head handed to him.
View Quote
Well bless your heart.  Trouble is this isn't a fight.  It's a boxing match.  HUGE difference.  He's going to have a real hard time even landing a punch on Mayweather, a very hard time.  Not to mention for the kind of money involved the outcome is preordained and I'm sure Mayweather doesn't want to get hurt there will be language in there about him not attempting any power punches.

This isn't for fans, it's purely to get mayweather more money.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:24:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Connor is bigger, and has a better reach, but Mayweather has all the boxing experience so a little weight and reach dont matter much.

I think Connor could win, but its highly unlikely unless he has been training all day every day specifically for Mayweathers fighting style watching every one of his fights and formulating a good plan. Even then its still not a good decision to put money on Connor.

However Connor hits like a fucking semi going 50, one good hit and it could be over, Mayweather has the training to not open himself up to such a hit....
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:24:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:24:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Mayweather
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:25:04 PM EDT
[#32]
it will go to a decision because Mayweather will not knock McGregor out but  Mayweather will pretty much win every round except maybe the first couple.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:26:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If it's a straight boxing match (and I assume it would be), Mayweather cleans his clock. 

If it's an MMA match, McGregor beats the shit out of Mayweather so hard, he gets coloring books for Christmas. 
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:39:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Connor is a natural fighter.  His punches feel like a train hit you.  He just beat a man that was much bigger than him.  He knocked out somebody when he was running backwards.  He's quick.  He has skills that you and I can only dream about.  He uses the biggest muscle in his whole body to beat you...................... his brain.

Listening to all the commentators and boxing coaches pick Mayweather hands down. Bla Bla Bla.  I can guarantee you that not one of them has been in a real fight.  When I was younger I got into a fight a week.  I got my ass kicked plenty of times.  I won plenty of times.  The biggest sign of the outcome was in their eyes.  When the bell rings.................. Mayweather will get his head handed to him.

Bottom line:  It's gonna be fun.  Either way, it will be very entertaining.  Don't spend any $$.  Just torrent it the next day or watch it on Kodi.
View Quote
I'm with you,  Conor has finished 86% of his fights by KO/TKO while Mayweather has only finished 53% of his fights by KO/TKO.  I would have to say power is on Conor's side.  Conor's used to fighting 5 minute rounds, Mayweather 3 minute rounds it could be very interesting to see how that affects Conors cardio.  Conor has only ever lost by submission although if I remember correctly Diaz rang his bell before chocking him.  I've only seen one Mayweather fight and it was BORING as fuck so maybe I just have not seen what the guy has to offer.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:42:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This is what I am thinking.  Straight out boxing rules would be a bad thing for Connor...
View Quote
They should compromise and make it a kick boxing match.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:44:04 PM EDT
[#36]
I'd love to see McGregor win, but even if he did know Mayweather down, the count will save him every time. Out of the 5 top knockouts in the video above, four of them results in the fight being called as he attacked them after they go down. If they'd been given a 10 count, they'd have revived enough to get back up. I think for someone that fights like McGregor, that'd be frustrating.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:46:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
this will get you KTFO against any capable boxer:

Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#38]
I predict a virtual replay of the Rocky Balboa vs. Thunderlips epic showdown.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:56:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Indeed.  I do think a boxing win for Mayweather would be a "closer" fight than would an MMA win for McGrefor.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:58:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I think McGregor will hold up better than some think.
View Quote
People act like McGregor has never been punched in the face before.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:00:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20150706091307_GettyImages461862582.JPG
View Quote
Yup...
My boxing coach was pointing out McGregor's numerous boxing flaws.
Team Mayweather probably sees three times as many holes and Money has the skill to exploit every single one of them.
This will be embarrassing for Conor if he has a single shred of dignity...
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:00:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
This, though I doubt he will be permanently injured there is a chance. There's a huge skill gap.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:01:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
If that's the case Mayweather is just going to dance around for 12 rounds and win a decision. If it was a UFC fight it would be over faster than the old Mike Tyson fights.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:02:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

People act like McGregor has never been punched in the face before.
View Quote
Yea, by MMA strikers.
There is a HUGE difference in skill between the best MMA strikers and one of the best pure boxers to ever get in the ring.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:05:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Yup...
Team Mayweather probably sees three times as many holes and Money has the skill to exploit every single one of them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20150706091307_GettyImages461862582.JPG
Yup...
it's actually hard to find a pic of McGregor throwing a punch while protecting himself
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:06:26 PM EDT
[#46]
I dont watch either sport,, but watching that video above.. Mcgregor doesnt look or have the form of a boxxer
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:06:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Everyone watching wins
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:08:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yea, by MMA strikers.
There is a HUGE difference in skill between the best MMA strikers and one of the best pure boxers to ever get in the ring.
View Quote
There is a difference in gloves also. Maybe Floyd wears boxing gloves and McGregor wears MMA gloves for this match.

I don't see how Floyd would agree to a real sanctioned boxing match. He is going to want and out in case he were to lose.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:08:56 PM EDT
[#49]
It shocking how many people think Mcgregor will win.  He has a very VERY slim punchers chance.  Him winning would be one of if not the biggest upsets in history.   And that's including all non sports upsets too.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:10:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Mayweather will get his ass whipped because it will be a boxing match, not a UFC fight.

Mayweather only knows boxing and will be at a tactical disadvantage dealing with the moves of a non-boxer.
View Quote
lolwat? So Mayweather will lose a boxing match because his opponent isn't a boxer who isnt very good at boxing?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top