Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 3/23/2017 11:14:12 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:19:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Getting a three-year device at age 16 probably isn't the worst idea. That said it's really not the school's business.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:21:44 AM EDT
[#2]
It would be a lot better if teens just tried to resist having sex. It's already been proven to work in the real world.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:23:29 AM EDT
[#3]
How the f*** could it possibly to implant a medical device in a minor without parental permission?

Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:24:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It would be a lot better if teens just tried to resist having sex. It's already been proven to work in the real world.
View Quote
Lol

Ok
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:24:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
How the f*** could it possibly to implant a medical device in a minor without parental permission?

View Quote
I'd become unglued.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.

Appropriate screenname too
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:25:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:26:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah... please tell us how that's really worked out.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:27:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
 go be a virgin somewhere else
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:28:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, we should warn them not to drink while we are at it.    Maybe even make a minimum drinking age.   That works super well.  Maybe there should be a minimum sexing age.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:28:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Who the hell sends their kids on a Sexual Education Field Trip

They got to learn pole dancing somewhere, I suppose. 
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:29:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Is there a combo discount if you get it with a tramp stamp and Ed Sheeran tickets?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:29:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Doesn't matter how well it has worked. You don't get to implant shit on a child without parental approval.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:29:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Many places they can get various birth control methods,  also abortions, and the parents are never told
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:30:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Title X federal guidelines allows for teens as young as 12 to receive various forms of contraceptives without a parent's consent.

This is all kinds of fucked up.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:31:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
But I want what I want when I want it, and I want it now. Gimme gimme gimme me me me me.

Actions have been so far removed from consequences that the concept of responsibilities derived from execution of rights is dead.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:32:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Between this, the 22lr case with the 4 year old suspended from daycare, and the boy told to change in the nurses room bc a girl was in the BOYS locker room.....
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:32:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Apparently they claim they don't need parental consent to implant these in kids as young as 12.

Wonder how true that really is.  I had to sign a few consent forms just to allow my kid's school speech therapist to talk to my kids doctor.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:33:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

In the real world teens have been fucking since the beginning of time.  Some parents pull their head out of the sand and put their teens on birth control.  I know several that did it.  Funny thing is, there teens did not get pregnant.  

Having been a teen, I know what pressure a teen boy can put on a teen girl to make it to home plate.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:33:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Some of you guys need to adjust your sarcasm meters
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:34:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
  It's the way the Democrats want it, let the state raise your children and provide medical care.  I think it's funny as hell that mom is most likely an avid Democrat.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:34:22 AM EDT
[#22]
I think a teenage girl being responsible is the news story here.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:34:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Who the hell sends their kids on a <strong><i>Sexual Education Field Trip</i></strong>? 

View Quote

Hot teachers.  Sex Ed field trips.  Free condoms.  Kids these days will never know the struggle.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:34:47 AM EDT
[#24]
My old ass IPad barfs when I go to those websites people link. What type of implant was this and where do they implant it?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:35:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The article says legally the children can decide to do it on their own, so the school takes them there, the place talks them into and no one has to tell mom. So obviously don't consent to the trip in the first place is the parent's only avenue
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The article says legally the children can decide to do it on their own, so the school takes them there, the place talks them into and no one has to tell mom. So obviously don't consent to the trip in the first place is the parent's only avenue
But I have to sign off on whether or not my kids can watch historical vids of the holocaust?  Strange times.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:40:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I think a teenage girl being responsible is the news story here.
View Quote
Also this. She don't want no babies or possibly periods.

She's a smart cookie
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:41:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yeah, we should warn them not to drink while we are at it.    Maybe even make a minimum drinking age.   That works super well.  Maybe there should be a minimum sexing age.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just because teens are going to break rules doesn't mean the rules aren't good to have. Not all kids are going to break the rules. Kids make mistakes, no need to allow them to make bigger mistakes by making potentially life changing decisions that they don't fully understand. By telling kids that most kids break these rules you make it more normal and encourage them to feel like they can get away with something, or that something bad won't happen to them.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:43:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Nothing quite like preaching to a very impressionable age group that they should let a stranger inject them with 3 years worth of extra hormones to suppress how their body should normally work. Then saying "na-na-na-na you cant get me" when parents are rightfully upset.

Not that teenagers could ever have a possible reaction to so many hormones being added in an already hormone heavy part of their life. Or that they would ever consider the long term effects of putting a chemical Hoover dam inside them.

But guys, guys! It's like, tooooooootalllllyyyyyy safe.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:44:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:49:17 AM EDT
[#30]
I raised two daughters .

I did not have my head in the sand

The school would be dealing with a very pissed off me if I were the parent.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Some of you guys need to adjust your sarcasm meters
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:50:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I think they go in the arm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My old ass IPad barfs when I go to those websites people link. What type of implant was this and where do they implant it?
I think they go in the arm.
Upper arm. Last 2 gf's had it. 99% effective supposedly. Never had an oops with either. Can't say the same when i was in my teens. Wish they had the implant back then lol.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:00:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Norplant brand 3yr slow release hormonal contraceptive in the arm.

There's two legitimate issues here:
1) Daughter going against her parent(s), and her mom rightfully upset at a third party for enabling that.  If I tell my child no treats today because they haven't behaved themselves, and then someone else gives them candy anyhow, I'm going to have some opinions about that.  Did they hurt the child?  No.  Did they violate any sort of legal issues that really need to be addressed?  Not as such.  It's the undermining of my authority as a parent which is at issue.  Of course, by age 16, you pretty much need to have done your job already.

2) Hormonal birth control has occasionally serious side effects that are far too casually dismissed by a lot of people, including some doctors, and especially proponents of hormonal contraceptives.  They are a bad choice for many people, and so they need to be administered only under regular supervision by an OB/Gyn.  Most patients have no adverse reactions, and that's all well and good, but these things aren't without risk, and so that risk needs to be monitored and managed.  Getting this sort of thing from a walk-in clinic with no plan for follow-up care is a bad idea for the patient.  You really should go to a regular (as in periodicity, not normality) doctor for hormonal drugs.  It doesn't need to be a law or anything, but file under: Look, this is a better way to do it...

Everything else is pretty much noise.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:00:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Because the Government is really your mommy and daddy.  The donors of the biological material that produced you cannot be permitted to educate you make moral choices for you....
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:02:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Many places they can get various birth control methods,  also abortions, and the parents are never told
View Quote
I'm strangely okay with this after meeting a lot of parents.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:02:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Who the hell sends their kids on a Sexual Education Field Trip

View Quote
People who don't want to talk to their kids about sex, but will bitch about not being given the opportunity to talk about sex, even though they have neglected to do so for 16 yrs.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:04:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:05:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

But I want what I want when I want it, and I want it now. Gimme gimme gimme me me me me.

Actions have been so far removed from consequences that the concept of responsibilities derived from execution of rights is dead.
View Quote
In the "good old days" pregnant teens were sent off to homes out in the country to birth the child which was then placed for adoption or raised by the grandparents as their child. Jack Nicolson for example was raised by his grandmother and the woman he thought was his sister was secretly his mother. This is nothing new, we just don't hide it like we used to.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:06:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Apparently they claim they don't need parental consent to implant these in kids as young as 12.

Wonder how true that really is.  I had to sign a few consent forms just to allow my kid's school speech therapist to talk to my kids doctor.
View Quote
That's the fucked up point.  Leftists have made laws in various states that exempt their holy grails from the age requirements and permission requirements that cover EVERY OTHER non-emergency medical procedure.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:08:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:08:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:09:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
because a kid that age is not the parents' property And can do with her body what she wants to.

Have a problem with that, contact your elected officials.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:10:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Doesn't matter how well it has worked. You don't get to implant shit on a child without parental approval.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The evidence right before your eyes seems to prove you incorrect.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#44]
The biggest delusion among conservatives is that teenagers will not fuck if you deny them birth control.

If I was in charge of the education system, there would be a 55 gallon drum of rubbers in every school bathroom

free of charge

and if a girl wants the pill, she can get it at the school nurse

of course, that would cause everyone to fill their pants with liquid panic turds.  because it would promote teen sex!!  they won't have sex without rubbers!!
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:12:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:12:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
But I have to sign off on whether or not my kids can watch historical vids of the holocaust?  Strange times.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She signed off on a trip to a place that provides birth control, and was apparently completely ignorant of her daughters right to obtain it without her consent.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Getting a three-year device at age 16 probably isn't the worst idea. That said it's really not the school's business.
View Quote
There was a girl in my 6th grade class that had one of these.  This was in 1990.

She was known to make use of it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:15:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Just goes to show you can't push your morality on anyone else....Not even your family.

The girl is wiser than her mom is. I hope she goes far.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:17:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Call me crazy, but I'd rather my kid came home with a contraceptive implant than a bun in the oven.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:18:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top