Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 2/22/2017 10:15:52 PM EDT
My SO is currently breastfeeding our 4 month old. She always covers up when doing it out in public. We were talking about it today and I told her I compare women who don't cover up while breastfeeding in public to people who open carry. Attention whores, pretty much. She was surprised and kind of got offended. I explained my position further and she started to understand where I was coming from.

What's GD's opinion on breastfeeding in public?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:16:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless she is sharing, cover em!
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:17:12 PM EDT
[#2]
It doesn't bother me.  A feeding baby is a quiet baby.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:18:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

exactly.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:18:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Unless she is starring in national geographic, cover them.
Now, in many countries, mom doesn't bother to cover them in the house with just hubby and other kids around.
We are a tad prudish in that regard.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:18:37 PM EDT
[#5]
My breast feeding wife is of the opinion that it's natural and nothing to be ashamed of.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:19:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly..... makes no difference if covered or not, just so long as the kid is silent
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:20:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Totally natural.

So is fucking pissing and taking a shit. I prefer a little privacy.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:21:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Now, in many countries, mom doesn't bother to cover them in the house with just hubby and other kids around.
View Quote

My wife did it for both kids in front of all the family....several times. First time I was surprised but after no one even batted an eye I just went on business as usual
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:21:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My breast feeding wife is of the opinion that it's natural and nothing to be ashamed of.
View Quote

That's fine, but I believe the OP is talking about the militant breast feeders. Completely different ideals.

The militant boob patrol is like snowboots and his open carry friend in Chipotle...
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:21:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I think all titties should be out in the open, even the gross ones because discrimination is a dark path.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:21:56 PM EDT
[#11]
This has to be the first time open carry has been compared to breast feeding in public.  Offended snowflake is at least original.  

I've never noticed if a woman was well covered while breastfeeding since I mind my own fucking business.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:22:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:24:14 PM EDT
[#13]
You honestly have to be a fucking prude to be offended by a woman breastfeeding her baby.

Seriously of all the things to get your vagina sandy this is probably the most ignorant.

I don't know what kind of person would, but I'd tell them to first remove the stick from their ass and then grow up. Jeezus people.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:25:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I eat chicken breasts in public without covering anything up, babies can eat too.

A mother should do what she's comfortable with in regards to feeding her child.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:25:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Time and place for everything, have her imagine a bunch of Arfcom basement dwellers looking at her.  

See also interviews of people coming up to mothers and giving them grief.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:26:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That's fine, but I believe the OP is talking about the militant breast feeders. Completely different ideals.

The militant boob patrol is like snowboots and his open carry friend in Chipotle...
View Quote

Regardless, no fucks given.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:26:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:27:00 PM EDT
[#18]
If there weren't so many pervs and crazies it wouldn't bother me. For that reason I think feeding should be performed covered up in public.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:27:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Cover it up. It's a distraction.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:27:32 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm going to need pictures of the tits to determine level of guilt
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:27:40 PM EDT
[#21]
I prefer a cover but im traditional. 
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:28:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Totally natural.

So is fucking pissing and taking a shit. I prefer a little privacy.
View Quote

This right here.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:28:09 PM EDT
[#23]
I say "thanks for the Mammaries!"
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:28:18 PM EDT
[#24]
I have seen a few women nursing their baby, not a big deal to me.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:28:34 PM EDT
[#25]
I completely agree and have used the same analogy.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:28:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Wife is feeding now. Always covers up because we believe it's right. If the baby was hungry and we didn't have cover, it wouldn't be a big deal.......
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:29:14 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm of the opinion that the more titty I can see the better.

Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:30:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Cover it up. It's a distraction.
View Quote

Cleavage is a distraction.  A pretty face is a distraction.  Short shorts are a distraction.

How about we just have all women wear burkas?  God forbid we have to deal with any distraction in our daily lives.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:30:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If there weren't so many pervs and crazies it wouldn't bother me. For that reason I think feeding should be performed covered up in public.
View Quote
You mean the pervs that stare to see if they see anything and if they peek a boob they're posting about it on the interwebs?  Yeah, I'd worry about those people too.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:30:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

My wife did it for both kids in front of all the family....several times. First time I was surprised but after no one even batted an eye I just went on business as usual
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's healthier that way. We are too prudish in this country. Sex is dirty. Bewbies will scar children forever.

When I was 12 I spent time in the Dom Rep. and at nude beaches. It taught me that a little skin was nothing to freak over. And that sexuality isn't bad.

The mom of the family I was staying with would pop them out and breastfeed.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:31:11 PM EDT
[#31]
I love titties.

I like them so much, that I stare at them when I see them.

If you don't want people leering at your titties, cover them up. Otherwise, thanks for the free titty show. 
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:32:27 PM EDT
[#32]
I wonder if 4chan has a pic of a women breast feeding while open carrying?  OP gone be triggered as fuck.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:33:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Covering up is polite but only a complete boob would make a scene over it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:35:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This right here.
View Quote

Not that it particularly bothers me. It's rare to even see someone breastfeed let alone full on boob out. I know nevada at least protects it by law. I just don't think i would feel comfortable doing it if i were a woman. Hell i don't even feel comfortable taking my shirt off in public and i'm a guy.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:37:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Who cares, it's not a big deal.  If that upsets you than you have nothing better to do
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:37:30 PM EDT
[#36]
I've been in church services where women openly breastfed their babies...in Africa.  

I don't care if women cover up or not.  They can do whatever they are comfortable doing.  However, in my time on the ambulance with female partners and an RN wife who complains about dirty old men at her job, I have realized that there are more pervs out there than you imagine, so while mommy may view her breasts as baby feeding tools, others won't.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:38:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

It's natural
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:38:39 PM EDT
[#38]
A little discretion goes a long way. I am okay with public breastfeeding,  but an attempt to at least partially cover up should be taken. Unless we want to make topless at any time for any women legal, this should be the social norm.  While we as a country are too prudish with the naked human body, some nursing mothers try to make a scene.  Yes it is a natural thing, but so is masterbation and pretty sure the same mother would be offended if I was jerking it in the Target food court.

TLDR: try to cover up in public, if a boobs slip happens so be it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:41:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Who cares? Some women cover, some don't, their call. Part of life.You don't have to look if you don't want.

Are the attention whores? Maybe.maybe not. Who's to say?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:41:25 PM EDT
[#40]
I need to piss. It's perfectly natural. But I tried to sit on the bench at Target and piss, and they arrested me.  Can you believe this?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:41:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I love titties.

I like them so much, that I stare at them when I see them.

If you don't want people leering at your titties, cover them up. Otherwise, thanks for the free titty show. 
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:42:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Meh, cover 'em up....it's a very person experience (between mom and child,) no reason to share that. Also there's a lot of pervs out there that would photograph such a thing for spanking purposes and sharing out to other sickos so it's a common sense thing.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:43:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed.  I love almost everything about  Western society, but the "go feed your hungry baby, hiding in a stinking shitter stall" taboo is BS.

I remember walking in on my aunt when she was breastfeeding her new baby in a bedroom. Think I was eight. She apologised to me.  Like she did something wrong.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:43:16 PM EDT
[#44]
i dont care either way. if i dont like it i wont look
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:43:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I've been in church services where women openly breastfed their babies...in Africa.  

I don't care if women cover up or not.  They can do whatever they are comfortable doing.  However, in my time on the ambulance with female partners and an RN wife who complains about dirty old men at her job, I have realized that there are more pervs out there than you imagine, so while mommy may view her breasts as baby feeding tools, others won't.
View Quote

There are guys in this thread who are perving out  already.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:43:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I need to piss. It's perfectly natural. But I tried to sit on the bench at Target and piss, and they arrested me.  Can you believe this?
View Quote

Pissing and feeding your hungry child are two different things
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:44:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Free the titties, but honestly, my wife was discreet about it.

did live in Austin, and women were legally allowed to be topless at any time-just like men.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:44:37 PM EDT
[#48]
I could not care less. Mother feeding an infant.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:44:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Classic case of MYOB.  Mom's should do what moms want to do.  But mom and dad also have to get used to the looks.  Can't complain of onlookers when the Tata's are on display.  But it's the only way to desensitize a puritan public to a natural act.  Only Americans freak out over breastfeeding.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:46:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. The loudest whiners, by far, are the "eewwww its yucky crowd". Climb back into your safe space if you are too offended at the sight of a baby eating.

As for the DURRR COVER ITS HEAD folks, you are free put your head under a blanket, thus blocking any offensive activities from your view.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top