BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 2/21/2017 3:26:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:31:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Once had an Asian customer in my gun store days, named "Fuq Yieu," or something like that.

:)

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:13:26 PM EDT
[#2]
We had a young guy come work for us a pawnshop I worked at 25 years ago. I was only 19 or 20 myself, this guy was like 25 or 26. The owner knew him, a manager of another pawnshop knew him, worked with him, etc. He had a wife and kids, had worked at a convenience store and had gotten shot in the ass during a robbery. He was really nervous, kinda twitchy, probably smoked 2 packs of cigarettes a day. Didn't strike me as a tweeker though. He worked the mornings and I worked the afternoons till close, so we didn't spend a lot of time together.

I had just traded my Beretta 85F to the shop for a Smith & Wesson 915. We all carried in the shop and the boss/owner let this guy carry the Beretta I had traded. Someone came in one morning and was looking for a pocket gun, so my boss told the guy to unload the Beretta and let the customer look at it. It was a perfect little gun. The guy unloaded and let the customer look at it, then the customer gave it back and the young guy was in the process or reloading it. He didn't understand the manual of arms for an auto, so when he slammed the mag back in and dropped the slide, he loaded one in the pipe. Instead of using the decocker/safety, he dropped the hammer and fired a round into the floor.

Thank God it went into the concrete floor. He had it loaded with 95gr ball, not the 90gr Corbon HP's that I normally carried. The ball actually buried itself in the concrete. Well now everybody in the store was freaking out and yelling. They told the guy to put the safety on and in the course of finger fucking it, he fired a SECOND round into floor and it buried in the concrete! Now everyone was yelling at him to just put it down, which he did. The customer vanished and he didn't carry it after that and we sold it not long after that.

The guy worked maybe another week and just stopped coming in. My boss would give you shit about a lot of little stuff, not mean, but enough that you'd get tired of the shit talk, and I'm sure that's what happened. He wasn't cut out for it and the constant barrage of jokes and teasing finally broke him.

The boss had a misfire himself a few weeks later trying to load his Browning BDA in the parking lot. Same basic gun as the Beretta I had. He dumped a round into the ground in the gravel parking lot after we closed.

After that, I figured Murphy's law was a bitch and not fuck with fate. Don't give people a hard time for their mistakes because it will come back and bite you in the ass.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:17:30 PM EDT
[#3]
<-- FFL

We've had an fairly substantial uptick in calls where people want to buy guns off-paper, they admit they can't pass a BCG.

We tell them we can't help them but give them a number of a guy who can hook them up.

The number is for the local ATF field office.

Back with the former version of the 4473 we had a guy write "Messy" for State of Residence.  SMH.

A few have written the name of the hospital under Place of Birth.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:27:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I was standing at an LGS gun counter one time, a young guy beside me was working on a 4473. He had no idea what "state of residence" meant  

It took the counter guy quite a few tries to make him understand 
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:29:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Used to work at a sporting goods store in a not so nice part of town, where everything except the shotgun ammo was kept in a glass behind the counter.

A few times a week people would come in and try to buy individual bullets, or just as many as their gun held.

A couple of times they showed me the gun to ask what the caliber was....at which point I buzzed for security.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:44:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A few times a week people would come in and try to buy individual bullets, or just as many as their gun held.
View Quote
Gun store looseys
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:46:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was standing at an LGS gun counter one time, a young guy beside me was working on a 4473. He had no idea what "state of residence" meant  

It took the counter guy quite a few tries to make him understand 
View Quote
Sounds like state of dementia.

Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:48:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Been pretty uneventful the last few months

I just jinxed myself

ahh hell I post up my  tweaker stripper story again

Guy comes in dressed fairly nice but seems a little "off" looking at Hi Points

he looks at a carbine makes a lap of the store and leaves

2 minutes later he comes in and asked if he left any paperwork in here
Told him no and he leaves dropping mumbled f-bombs as he leaves which turn into screamed F-bombs once he got outside

I make a lap of the store to see if he left anything find nothing

another 3-4 minutes later he come back still agitated asks if we have seen an RX script anywhere told him no

Said he lost the RX for his pain killers and he is fucked if he can't find that
starts freaking out a bit saying he's screwed

he then takes off his shirt
turns his pockets inside out ( contents a wallet , a phone , a toy bat mobile and some keys )
rips his shoes and socks off and starts looking in them  
finding nothing he starts digging around in his underwear in his crotch

at this point I'm just looking at the guy thinking WTF
watching his hands with my hand on my pistol

boss comes out of his office at this point with his pistol behind his back
Right as my boss is just opening his mouth to say something guy's woman comes in waving a piece of paper saying she found it
due scoops up all his shit and hauls ass out the door

this all occurred within about 10 seconds

then I went and got lunch
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:48:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:55:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought 3 individual 100pc boxes of Federal Match Small Pistol primers this morning.
They normally don't sell them broken up like that but for some reason, these were the only SP's they had on the shelf so I bought them (each primer came out to being the same price as would from a 1000 pc box).

Got to the counter and of course, I dropped a box on the floor

About half were spilled on the floor but luckily, they landed on a floor mat that had raised dimples on it so it contained them to a relatively small area and all were accounted for
The fun really began as I was putting them back in the box while trying to keep my 2 yr old grandson from eating them off the floor.

What a hoot!
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:55:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:55:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Used to work at a sporting goods store in a not so nice part of town, where everything except the shotgun ammo was kept in a glass behind the counter.

A couple of times they showed me the gun to ask what the caliber was....at which point I buzzed for security.
View Quote
You gots any clips fo my gat yo?  itza nine
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:56:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Still makes me chuckle every time I think of LaRome.
View Quote

Good for LaRome.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:58:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Guy came in to buy a handgun, had it all picked out and anything.

he's filling out the state form for the handgun background check, which has similar questions and grammar as the 4473, which can be confusing to the first time buyer trying to read governmentese.

He's answered the "Have you ever been found not guilty of a crime by reason of insanity" with "Yes". I ask him if he's read the question carefully (obviously, we can't coach them or give them the right answer), and he says sure. I outright ask him if he's been found not guilty by reason of insanity? "yep".

OK, transaction over, have a nice day.

Not a lot of funny stories here. mostly CSB stuff, like the talkers, the braggers, the authoritive-about-guns husband, etc.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#16]
there was a guy at my range in Virginia who  had been perma-banned from all the gun stores in the Tidewater peninsula.  He would hang out at the gun store talking nonstop, and whenever a customer asked to see a specific gun, he would launch into, "Oh, you don't wanna buy one of those! Those are crap! blah blah....."  Then after the manager angrily shooed him away, he'd just go to the next gun store.  Finally he got banned from all of them, as in "If I see your stupid ass in my store again, I'm calling the cops and having you arrested for trespass!  Now Git!"

I wish my range had perma-banned him too because he did the same shit there.  "What gun ya shooting?  Oh, a ___?  You don't wanna own one of those!  Those are crap! blah blah..."  JFC I just want to be left alone to shoot, you old retard!
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:04:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
At my old store we used to keep all the long guns (AR's, AK's, Shotguns, etc.) on a rack behind the counter.

In walks a ghetto dude with the baggy pants, full dreads, gold teeth and tattoos, and gold chains.

His eyes are on the long guns behind me and he scans left to right, then back, and then his eyes stop right in the middle.

He says, (and this is an exact quote):

"How much fo da choppas?"

I quoted him a price.

He came back a few days later with his wife and son and filled out and passed the background check. His name was LaRome something.

He wanted the "Choppa" (AK47) for home defense for his household.

He may have been a few shades darker than me and spoken a dialect I could hardly understand, but I respect the guy.

Because at the end of the day, he wanted to protect his family just like the rest of us on here. How much fo da choppas??

Still makes me chuckle every time I think of LaRome.
View Quote

Choppa!

Back before I got out of the retail side, I had a customer come in. He was visibly intoxicated and kinda shuffle/stumbled up to the counter and asked loudly "Y'all got any choppa boolets?" I just stared at him like a moron and asked, "I'm sorry sir, what caliber are you looking for?" This guy scrunches his face and slurs out "whutufuck you work at a fuckin gun store dun know what fuckin choppa boolets is?"

A couple other employees had made their way towards the situation to the left and right so I asked them if they knew what choppa boolets were. They were just as ignorant as myself. The guy started mumbling to himself again and we just asked him politely to leave. His buddy kinda guided him toward the door and off they went.

Afterward, we looked up choppa on urban dictionary and found out he was looking for 7.62x39. I'm kinda glad I didn't know, since he seemed happier to leave after we didn't know what the hell he was talking about than he may have been if I had said, "yes we do have choppa boolets, but I'm not going to sell you any."
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:06:11 PM EDT
[#18]
My wife went to GreenTop in Richmond, VA once with me to look at handguns for her.  Big farmboy behind the counter proceeded to ignore anything either of us said, pulled out half a dozen LadySmiths, told her to pick her favorite color because that's the only gun she needed. And refused to let her see anything else.  WTF? True story.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Guy comes in to buy a gun with his girlfriend and not only gets denied, but PICS tells us to delay him, if possible, until the local police can come get him for an outstanding warrant. We tell him there's a delay and that it's a busy PICS night, so he sits on one of the stools at the counter chatting with us and his girlfriend.

Cops show up about 10 minutes later, come charging in the front of the store and proceed to cuff and stuff a black guy who was shopping the holster display. They turn to us, all smiles, and we point to the 22 year old white kid sitting at the counter.

Let's just say that there were more than a few comments made by bystanders and the shift supervisor who had to be called.

Kid was back a few hours later; warrant was for unpaid traffic tickets. He had the receipt for the payment of the tickets, dated a week previously, on him when arrested.

Cluster fuck all around.

Kid came back a few days later and bought the gun without issue.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:09:55 PM EDT
[#20]
This happened a long time ago in like 1999 or 2000.

I stopped in at my local kerpow market to talk to the regulars and see what came in. It was late in the day on a weekday and the place was vacant except for me, the owner, and his two sons. We were all talking about something or other when this guy comes in. I don't remember much about him other than that he was very ordinary looking, someone who you wouldn't expect any trouble from. He went over to the pistol case and started looking at revolvers, and one of the sons peeled off the conversation to go help him. The rest of us were engrossed in our discussion and were not paying very close attention when the other son came back over and rejoined the allthing.

Then we all hear BAM.

The guy smacked the glass display case as hard as he could trying to break it. I guess he thought he could bust it open with a single mighty swing, and when it didn't break (or even crack) he figured he was all in so he just kept pounding on the glass. Of course we all sit there for a second or two in pure shock before the owner and his sons go into banzai mode, the old man has the counter phone in his hand calling the cops while the sons run over there, hands on guns saying SIR SIR SIR.

So for like a split second that felt like a year all I hear is BAM SIR BAM SIR BAM SIR BAM SIR BAM SIR! with the owner next to me talking to 911, calm as a valium with a warm milk chaser like he was ordering a pizza.

Long story short the sons wrestle the guy away from the counter and down to the floor holding him there as he just starts loudly crying and saying he is sorry. The cops show up pretty quickly and take him outside. From inside the store the owner and I watch as the sons give a statement to one cop as the other cops talk with hulk hands. Nothing was damaged but the whole situation was surreal. I forget if the cops took the guy into custody or not as the shop closed up shortly thereafter and we all went home. A few weeks later I was back in there and the owner said that he had heard through the grapevine (a lot of the local cops shopped at the store) that the guy was apparently going through a bad divorce and was looking to steal a gun to kill his wife or himself. He apparently tried the same thing again at another local gun store.

Fucking bonkers.

Closest thing that has happened to that level of nutso since was a guy who brought in a bunch of loaded guns to sell to a different shop (the one I go to now as the previous shop closed), and the owner told the guy to take a hike as he kept muzzle sweeping people and handed the staff condition zero guns. That guy got really loud and ignorant on his way out of the shop.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:12:35 PM EDT
[#21]
A guy who was in the military said his forward assist was a necessity because it caused the bolt to "seal better."

I really wanted to ask him how he was sealing on full auto.

Be sure to hit that thing 10x a second!

There was a lady who said citizens shouldn't be allowed to own AR-15s, but her son would since he was going into the military.  I guess he must've given up citizenship.

I'm trying to remember other ones, but that's all I have at this moment.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:14:08 PM EDT
[#22]
I went into a gunstore once looking for a cheap .22 revolver to plink with.
The owner hands me a nice little heritage roughrider and says 100 bucks.
I tell him Ill take it, hes like great lets go ring you up. I pay and he slides the gun box across the counter to me.
Im like uhhh do I need to fill out a bgc? Hes like nope,just took it in today so its not on the books yet.
Im like uhhhh ok? And left. Was always paranoid about that gun so when the panic hit I sold it for two hundred bucks.

Strangely enough Im in that same gun shop during the panic listening to the same owner gloating about how he hoped universal background checks would pass so he couod pick up the business from private sales.
Never been back after that.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:14:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Yeh, the gun salesman at bass pro that ripped a big one whilst talking to me and then left the area.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:17:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Fortunately, all the shops I frequent are full of smart and knowledgeable people.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:20:14 PM EDT
[#25]
I remember another one where a guy walked in asking if he should pick up a shotgun.  He handled a few, mostly in the 590/870 style, and said the 870 fit him pretty well.  At that point, we make the usual introductions of names and he informs me of his wife's name because "I can't buy guns because of my conviction."
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:22:14 PM EDT
[#26]
I was dressed in a black winter coat and black pants.  The black hat I had own had five flats on it sort of like a stop sign.   It did look sort of religious. I walked in to the local LGS and Ken the owner goes "Hi Father the guns you are looking for are back in the corner".  I here the customer Ken is with ask Ken who I was.  Ken's answer was "  He is the local Greek Orthodox Minister, He comes in once a month to bless our guns."  I almost busted a gut trying not to laugh out loud.  We had a good laugh when I brought some ammo up to buy.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:28:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Once I was watching a sales person humor some short little old timer who looked like the coach from Rocky. This guy kept claiming he was CIA, and wanted handgun recommendations. When the guy finally left, the exasperated sales person asked me if I was also CIA.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:47:49 PM EDT
[#28]
We got a gold tiger stripped Deagle in and that morning we all knew it was going to be one of those days where every hoodrat wants to pose with it for a selfie. So after the first few half dozen do it I get a guy that see it and goes ape shit for it. He asks if he can see it and I tell him $5 if he wants a pic with it. He stares at me dumbfounded and asks again and I tell him $5. He gets shitty and asks one of the other guys and he says yep $10 for a selfie at $5 he is giving you a deal. Hood rat walks out calling us racist assholes......

Guy came in and tried to sell us a rifle with the serial number scrubbed off , like took a giant grinder and went to town. We delayed a bit while the cops were called and it was an episode of cops when they swooped in. Guy was also wanted for a number of other crimes.

Called in a pistol and the operator asked if he ( customer) was there in the store. I said sure , they then said hold on and asked for manager. Guy was picked up by popo a little later.

Had a very nice looking girl work for us and our wall was pretty high so we had a ladder to get up and down. Two guys are with the girl and she is going up and down the ladder pulling stuff down, after the third rifle and the guys mental masturbation I took over and told her to move away.

Of course usual shit to:

I can make that full auto in no time
Hey I have ( insert whatever) with a short barrel and its perfectly legal to do and have
Hey my gun is worth this , no its not its worth this have a great day
Hey I have no life so im going to stand here and talk with you all day about every gun I have owned
Know it all customers that butt into sales and give their worthless advise
Chronic halitosis ....... need I say more
I reload .22 all day long.....ok great
Customer takes pistol apart at counter and walks away cause he cant get it back together
uncountable times swept and had lasers shined in face , hilarious!
Douche nozzle puts a round in the floor testing triggers with his loaded gun compared to another gun. That employee almost got canned.
Old man in walker who tries to steal a shotgun....... really?
Guys that brought their skanky women in to try and sweet talk a deal. Sorry boob tats do nothing for me
Chic that came in on a slow saturday and begged everyone for gas money , we all looked at each other and had the same thought. After she left we all yelled out our thoughts
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:58:15 PM EDT
[#29]
June 6th, 2006 I was picking up a New Browning Hi-Power from the store. It is a .40 S&W, blued finish. Beautiful gun and they aren't everywhere. Salesman goes in back, brings it out to me. I open up the box, look it over and said, "Yup, i'll take it home today."  He checks the serial number and gets nervous. Ask's me,"you sure you want to buy this gun, Today?" I  assured him I did. He called over his boss, excused himself and left.  Turns out the last three digits of the serial are 666.  The date was 6/6/06 and he was a little freaked out by that.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:07:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Overheard this on black Friday I think:
Customer:I need some pistol ammo
Guy behind counter: What caliber?
Customer: Glock
Guy behind counter:  
ETA
Other overheard stuff:
22lr is all you need
Where are the assault rifles?
If I put this scope on my shotgun (bird gun not slugs by the way), will it be more accurate?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:09:24 PM EDT
[#31]
As a customer I went to Cabellas and was told by the janitor who decided to help me at the gun counter that a Taurus Judge is the best firearm for ccw 
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:12:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
We got a gold tiger stripped Deagle in and that morning we all knew it was going to be one of those days where every hoodrat wants to pose with it for a selfie.
View Quote
LOL
yep any gold desert eagle is a retard beacon.
they will draw in idiots from 50+ miles.

we still sell um but its internet only never put um in the showroom as they never sell and just get dinged up out there
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:17:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I was dressed in a black winter coat and black pants.  The black hat I had own had five flats on it sort of like a stop sign.   It did look sort of religious. I walked in to the local LGS and Ken the owner goes "Hi Father the guns you are looking for are back in the corner".  I here the customer Ken is with ask Ken who I was.  Ken's answer was "  He is the local Greek Orthodox Minister, He comes in once a month to bless our guns."  I almost busted a gut trying not to laugh out loud.  We had a good laugh when I brought some ammo up to buy.
View Quote
I want to go to your gun store
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:21:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Guy came up to our table at the gunshow, motioned me to come closer and in a hushed tone, asked me if we sold any lowers that don't require paperwork. I just smiled and said sure, and pointed at the 80% lowers. He lit up and got all excited and upon realizing what it was, he threw up his arms and just said "fucking worthless" and stormed off.

With all the guns Alaskans buy, I have never seen a demographic more against legally owning them and filling out a 4473.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:29:20 PM EDT
[#35]
In my experience the guys behind the gun store counter are often far worse than the customers.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Standing behind the counter with a 6.5x47 Lapua Surgeon w/ S&B on top in front of me when a guy comes up and starts talking for 45 minutes about the rifle he just got that was "just like it"...

It even had one of them really nice "Barskas" on it.

My favorites were always the guys who would bring in $600 entry level ARs then replace all the parts with really nice stuff(more in parts than the rifle cost) than thrown an Aimpoint or EOtech on top of it. Nothing like installing a URX4 on an Polymer AR15.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
June 6th, 2006 I was picking up a New Browning Hi-Power from the store. It is a .40 S&W, blued finish. Beautiful gun and they aren't everywhere. Salesman goes in back, brings it out to me. I open up the box, look it over and said, "Yup, i'll take it home today."  He checks the serial number and gets nervous. Ask's me,"you sure you want to buy this gun, Today?" I  assured him I did. He called over his boss, excused himself and left.  Turns out the last three digits of the serial are 666.  The date was 6/6/06 and he was a little freaked out by that.
View Quote

That's the day I graduated high school, 6/6/6
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:32:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
In my experience the guys behind the gun store counter are often far worse than the customers.
View Quote

As someone who has been behind a counter for long periods of time, I can assert that your statement is 100% false.

I have a theory why most guys who run a store for 20+ years have become miserable assholes.. Betcha can't guess what it is.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:34:42 PM EDT
[#39]
I was checking out at my local gun store one evening. My wife had just purchased her first handgun (p238hd). I'm not really paying attention to the front door when it opened and I heard ghetto yammering. then the gun counter guy who had been helping us shouted "SIR, GET YOUR HANDS OUT OF YOUR PANTS!!" 

Ya.. i was moving without thinking, I took a half step to stand in from of my wife and was halfway through lifting my top cover when the three urban individuals all raised their hands and the lead UI apologized (I'm assuming it was an apology), and they waddled on in... I doubt they even saw me. 

I adjusted my shirt and turned back to the counter and the employee and myself both looked at each other for a moment and shook our heads. Then the wife and I payed and left. 
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:38:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

As someone who has been behind a counter for long periods of time, I can assert that your statement is 100% false.

I have a theory why most guys who run a store for 20+ years have become miserable assholes.. Betcha can't guess what it is.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because the endless stream of Delta Force/Seal/Snipers that come into their shops with vast amount of firearms knowledge make them feel inferior?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:38:35 PM EDT
[#41]
There was this one dude that always came in and would look at the rarer/expensive pistols.  It was blatantly obvious he'd get a erection when holding them.  He didn't even try to hide it.  He'd also do weird stuff like sniff them and pet them.  His name was bac or something.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:40:10 PM EDT
[#42]
The first time I I tried to buy a gun at a gun store was at a (now gone) Oregon store called G.I. Joes.  

Sports and Auto Superstore! What a great combo.

Anyhow, I'm looking for a bolt action .22LR and the counter guy kept showing me long guns that were not only not bolt action, but also not .22LR.

He showed me a Mini-14 (told me that .223 is basically .22LR)

He showed me a 20 GA shot gun (he said 20GA is close to .22LR)

He showed me a mini-handgun in .25ACP that he told me was almost .22LR

I was pretty new to guns (other than my duck hunting stuff), but I knew enough to know he was an idiot.

I left and bought a gun from the classified ads.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:42:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
There was this one dude that always came in and would look at the rarer/expensive pistols.  It was blatantly obvious he'd get a erection when holding them.  He didn't even try to hide it.  He'd also do weird stuff like sniff them and pet them.  His name was bac or something.
View Quote
Had a regular guy that would come in and examine everything high $$$ with a jeweler's loop.
once in awhile he did buy something though
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:43:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
<-- FFL

We've had an fairly substantial uptick in calls where people want to buy guns off-paper, they admit they can't pass a BCG.

We tell them we can't help them but give them a number of a guy who can hook them up.

The number is for the local ATF field office.

Back with the former version of the 4473 we had a guy write "Messy" for State of Residence.  SMH.

A few have written the name of the hospital under Place of Birth.
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:45:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Fortunately, all the shops I frequent are full of smart and knowledgeable people.
View Quote

Is this the same Maryland I live in?  Because "all the shops" "full of smart and knowledgeable people" is like one of 20.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:48:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Saw an older man in a wheelchair asking the guy behind the Bass Pro counter about shotguns for home defense.  He told the employee that he was in a wheelchair from a shootout when he was younger.  Right before he started the paperwork to buy the shotgun, he told the employee that he was a felon, but it was over 20 years ago, so surely he could buy a gun by now.

A white trash redneck was at the Academy gun counter with his girlfriend.  I had to listen to that dumbass explain to his girlfriend for at least 5 minutes that just because she put a magazine (he said clip) in the gun didn't mean it was loaded.  He kept repeating that she had to actually chamber a round, talking to her like she was special ed.  I could tell she wasn't having a hard time understanding, and just stood there staring at him like a dumbass like the rest of us.  Then he went on to tell the guy behind the counter that she was only getting a .380.  He kept saying so many people are killed with .22s each year and a .380 would be plenty since it was so much more powerful than a .22.  He said .22 was the assassin's first choice since they were so quiet and easy to shoot.

Saw a dad arguing with his 20 something year old son that you couldn't fire .223 out of a 5.56 AR-15.  The store only had .223, and the dad wouldn't buy any since it didn't work in their ARs.

Saw a guy at the counter really struggling with the paperwork.  He kept saying the questions out loud and asking the employee what they meant.  Finally, when the employee was noticeably irritated, the guy said "sorry man, I'm kind of stoned."
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:49:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
What was his screen name?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Way back in 1990 I was in my usual gun store that was also an indoor range, shooting with some friends and bs'ing with the staff. One of the shooters got a heck of a deal on a new gun that I was interested in a few day previous and was shooting it that night. As it was late in the evening the store was slow but the owner had come in anyway to talk shop with the store manager. I told the manager I heard about the deal my buddy got and asked what he could do for me on a similar model. The deal was made and I now owned the gun I wanted. There was a $30.00 rebate on the gun from Ruger at the time, but needed to make a copy of the 4473 to turn in for the deal.

Here's where things go south in the story. The owner approved the deal and the manager set it up with my buddy prior to this purchase. My buddy knew I was hot for one of these and that we were shooting in a couple days and told the manager to tell me the printer was broke. So I had to go across the street to a convenience store to make a copy of the form and bring it back. When I came back the owner says here's a partial box of range ammo why don't you go shot some rounds to celebrate. I thought that that was kinda unusual, but what the hell it was an all of a sudden thing anyway.

I go out, hang a target, run it out, load the gun, thumb back the hammer, and pull the trigger.......... nothing! WTF! I cock the hammer again, and I'm pulling like a mother and can't get the thing to drop the hammer at all. About the time I'm thinking I got a POS, I see something being dangled right in front of my nose. As it comes into focus I realize those assholes removed the hammer strut assembly out of the revolver while I was across the street. No wonder the thing won't shoot! I turned around and see that everybody in the store is at the window laughing their asses off at me. I put the gun back together fired a couple cylinders of ammo and told the owner "fuck you, I'm keeping the rest of the ammo." It was all good, but the story got around and I caught shit for a while about it.

BTW, it was a blued 6" Ruger GP100 for $285.00 plus the $30.00 rebate, that I still have.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:59:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This guy would regularly come into the shop with his girlfriend.  Weird dude.  Was obsessed with the 7.62x40WT, but didn't have any interest in 7.62x39 because it was too much of a hassle to reload ammo for decent loads

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/02/14/lawyer-ids-shooter-victim-in-friday-plymouth-incident/
View Quote
The link you posted, was this the guy that you were referring to? If not, what's the correlation? 
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:04:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
We got a gold tiger stripped Deagle in and that morning we all knew it was going to be one of those days where every hoodrat wants to pose with it for a selfie. So after the first few half dozen do it I get a guy that see it and goes ape shit for it. He asks if he can see it and I tell him $5 if he wants a pic with it. He stares at me dumbfounded and asks again and I tell him $5. He gets shitty and asks one of the other guys and he says yep $10 for a selfie at $5 he is giving you a deal. Hood rat walks out calling us racist assholes......

Guy came in and tried to sell us a rifle with the serial number scrubbed off , like took a giant grinder and went to town. We delayed a bit while the cops were called and it was an episode of cops when they swooped in. Guy was also wanted for a number of other crimes.

Called in a pistol and the operator asked if he ( customer) was there in the store. I said sure , they then said hold on and asked for manager. Guy was picked up by popo a little later.

Had a very nice looking girl work for us and our wall was pretty high so we had a ladder to get up and down. Two guys are with the girl and she is going up and down the ladder pulling stuff down, after the third rifle and the guys mental masturbation I took over and told her to move away.

Of course usual shit to:

I can make that full auto in no time
Hey I have ( insert whatever) with a short barrel and its perfectly legal to do and have
Hey my gun is worth this , no its not its worth this have a great day
Hey I have no life so im going to stand here and talk with you all day about every gun I have owned
Know it all customers that butt into sales and give their worthless advise
Chronic halitosis ....... need I say more
I reload .22 all day long.....ok great
Customer takes pistol apart at counter and walks away cause he cant get it back together
uncountable times swept and had lasers shined in face , hilarious!
Douche nozzle puts a round in the floor testing triggers with his loaded gun compared to another gun. That employee almost got canned.
Old man in walker who tries to steal a shotgun....... really?
Guys that brought their skanky women in to try and sweet talk a deal. Sorry boob tats do nothing for me
Chic that came in on a slow saturday and begged everyone for gas money , we all looked at each other and had the same thought. After she left we all yelled out our thoughts
View Quote

reminds me of the deuce biggilo scene,  where he has the chick get him snails off the bottom of the fish tank.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top