Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 2/21/2017 11:42:29 AM EDT
I've spotted him walking his dog in my neighborhood twice daily.

I keep a fairly close eye on that neighborhood watchdog website to see if there are any sex offenders nearby. We live in a subdivision that is pervert free right now and (Scare-lette notwithstanding) full of decent folks. However, about two city blocks up the main road (we're very rural and don't actually have blocks out here) there is a shithole of a matchbox house that is NOT in a subdivision and a child molester moved in. I'm not sharing photos or addresses. I like my privacy.

I started seeing this dude walking about three-four weeks ago. It's a daily thing - twice a day like clockwork. He's very recognizable and looks exactly like his mugshot from years ago. I remember his case very well. It was big news here locally. This guy is a bonafide child molester. This isn't a case of an 18 year old having sex with a 16 year old girlfriend. This asshole is mid-sixties and had TWO victims under the age of TEN. For some reason, he's out of prison and living near me and mine. One victim was a boy, one was a girl. I have one of both under ten. Side rant: why aren't child molesters stored UNDER the prison and never allowed to see the light of day again?

There is an elementary school about six blocks from the entrance of my subdivision and four blocks from his gravel driveway. WTF!?

We have a neighborhood watch and I alerted the Homeowner's Association. We've pinpointed the times he is likely to walk through. A bunch of us have taken to riding around in golf carts during those times to let him know that we know what he is. I'm hoping the scrutiny keeps him out of our neighborhood going forward.

One of the guys on the HOA board is mad as hell at us because he feels like the chi-mo has paid his dues and shouldn't be "harassed" but I'm of the opinion that a leopard doesn't change its spots. Once an animal, always an animal. I don't feel like holding my children hostage in the house when the weather is gorgeous and they can finally ride on all the hoverboards, Segways, skateboards, rollerblades, rollerskates, bikes, and shit they got for Christmas. My kids are old enough to play outside in the yard alone but I am not okay with them being outside alone as long as a damn Great White Shark is swimming around looking at them like they're seals.

What do we do? From what I can see, he's not allowed within 100 feet of schools or parks or shit. He's just far enough away from the school that he isn't breaking any rules, but his fucking house looks out over the goddamn playground and there's NOTHING between him and that fenced school except air and opportunity. Maybe I'm an asshole and my line in the sand is too big, but when you do that to a little child you forfeit your right to live like everyone else. You NEED to be watched. You NEED to be held accountable. I don't give a shit that he went to prison. Prison probably made him worse.

I'm mad as fuck. I don't know what to do, but this shit isn't going to work for me and mine. Selling my house isn't an option right now.

Advice?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#1]
OP why not just burn a lower case T in his yard for "Time to Leave".

Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:46:19 AM EDT
[#2]
In other words, what OP is saying is that he is afraid the the pedophile lowered the value of his home.

Keywords: "We alerted the HOA" and "We took off on golf carts"
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:49:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:50:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:50:04 AM EDT
[#5]
As a community, obey the rules of SSS?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:51:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Keep an eye on him, fine, and probably a good idea.  But if you harass or intimidate him, you could wind up in court yourself.

He has as much right to walk down the street as you do.  Just be vigilant as you would with any suspicious person.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:51:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As a community, obey the rules of SSS?
View Quote

Shit, Shower, Shave?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:51:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Not defending child molesters or sex offenders or anything, but someone can get on that sex offender list just for public urination (among other silly reasons) in many states.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:52:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I stopped reading at "We live in a subdivision that is pervert free right now"....ya, right :)
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:53:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not defending child molesters or sex offenders or anything, but someone can get on that sex offender list just for public urination (among other silly reasons) in many states.
View Quote

This guy raped two children under the age of ten: a boy and a girl.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:54:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Try reading some more. 
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:55:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I stopped reading at "We live in a subdivision that is pervert free right now"....ya, right :)
View Quote
That made me chuckle.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:56:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:56:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
In other words, what OP is saying is that he is afraid the the pedophile lowered the value of his home.

Keywords: "We alerted the HOA" and "We took off on golf carts"
View Quote

No. We aren't interested in selling. This home was our dream home when we bought it and it still is. This is the home that I'd like to entertain my grandchildren in one day. This is OUR home that we made. We've renovated and put our stamp on it. It has every single thing we could possibly ask for as a family and there's absolutely no way I could even break even trying to sell it because we've got so many upgrades and customizations that it would be obscenely priced and forever on the market. It's ours. I don't care about the value . . . it's priceless to us. I just don't want my kids to be raped just because they dared to be outside playing when this creep happened past.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:58:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This guy raped two children under the age of ten: a boy and a girl.
View Quote

Sorry, I missed the line for some reason.  Fucker should have his nuts cut off.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:58:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:58:46 AM EDT
[#17]
OP,
He is just the child molester that you know of.  One that has already been caught.  There are probably others close by, or that cruise your neighborhood that haven't been caught yet.
You have to be on guard all the time for the ones that you don't know about, so being on guard for this one is easy.
I don't envy you one bit.
Hell, my next door neighbor, old kind grandpa type, had been molesting his grand daughters for years and no one knew it.  He finally was caught and died in jail.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:58:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

You didn't read the thread at all and cases like this are so rare as to be practically nonexistent if they do exist at all. Don't worry though, every sex offender you meet will tell you about how it was all a big misunderstanding and it was just the girlfriend's mom that wanted him in trouble...
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:59:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:59:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Riding around in golf carts doesn't seem too out of line. Keep doing that. It's not harassment to happen to be in a golf cart when this guy is taking his walks. And no, I wouldn't trust him either.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:00:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
OP,
He is just the child molester that you know of.  One that has already been caught.  There are probably others close by, or that cruise your neighborhood that haven't been caught yet.
You have to be on guard all the time for the ones that you don't know about, so being on guard for this one is easy.
Hell, my next door neighbor, old kind grandpa type, had been molesting his grand daughters for years and no one knew it.  He finally was caught and died in jail.
View Quote

THIS
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:00:48 PM EDT
[#22]
If he claims to be a conservative GD will welcome him!
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:01:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Have your golf cart piss on him to assert dominance.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:01:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Riding around in golf carts doesn't seem too out of line. Keep doing that. It's not harassment to happen to be in a golf cart when this guy is taking his walks. And no, I wouldn't trust him either.
View Quote

Until he makes a formal complaint that the HOA watch are stalking him.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:03:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Like someone else posted, I'm not trying to defend the guy, but he does have a right to walk his dog and move wherever he wants (so longs as it meets the conditions of his release/parole).  Does it suck, yes.  Would I also be upset, yes.  Can you do anything about it, probably not.  I think making sure you are not friendly with him and make sure to tell your kids/family to stay away from him are about your only options.  Harassing him or his property is probably not do much other than get you visit from law enforcement.  Worrying about your home value is probably a lost cause in my book as I doubt all buyers are looking at the pedophile page when trying to decide on a house.  

I'd say you just have to suck it up that life gave you a lemon and plan accordingly.  From your post it sounds like he is fairly old, so let nature do its course and he'll probably pass on soon enough that you won't have to worry about it anymore.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Legally, he has paid his dues, and you cant harass or intimidate him. But a friendly reminder that he is being watched at all times by your hood is absolutely warranted.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:05:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Until he makes a formal complaint that the HOA watch are stalking him.
View Quote

If he wanted to escape negative attention, he probably should have avoided the whole "raped two kids under 10 and spend years in prison" thing.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:05:21 PM EDT
[#28]
I would let your kids know who he is to avoid him.  I would also put up cameras and encourage everyone in the neighborhood to do so, especially those in sight of the school.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:05:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Does the HOA own the streets / sidewalks or are they public?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:05:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

He clearly stated that this guy was guilty of molesting 2 children under the age of ten.
I ask this: why, do we as a society suffer the presence of this filth?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:06:00 PM EDT
[#31]
I usually give off a "fuck you" vibe so I would mean mug him and leave it at that.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:06:24 PM EDT
[#32]
The golf cart riding HOA lynch mob has me
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:10:33 PM EDT
[#33]
How did he not get prison justice? Surprised he made it out alive.

Be mindful of where your kids are, make sure they know who not to talk to.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:11:21 PM EDT
[#34]
you said hes within X amount of blocks from a school... look in a major city on the watchdog predator lists. look in NY LA etc... theres like 20 predators PER block! EVERYWHERE.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:12:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just had a couple of guys come borrow our Segways because the pedo is coming through again. He's welcome to walk where he wants, I guess. But there are HUGE signs up at the entrances of our subdivision that clearly state this is a Neighborhood Watch community. If he comes through here willingly then he's going to get his ass watched every step of the way. His dog has been yelping with every step it takes. He's probably fucking that poor critter, too. The veterinarian a few houses down is going to approach to ask what's wrong with the dog and see if he can help it somehow.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:13:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Keep an eye on him, fine, and probably a good idea.  But if you harass or intimidate him, you could wind up in court yourself.

He has as much right to walk down the street as you do.  Just be vigilant as you would with any suspicious person.
View Quote

WRONG: he has no choices we give honest people. my wife and i chose not have children. BUUUT anyone who hurts 1 will  be "shown" the errow of his ways.l i dont give a f--k what the liberal law says. there is that and there is TEXAS law

i would be real clear to be at a small dinner party of very close friend's  3-4 couples,1 being my lawyer. will only take 15 minutes. i was in the bathroom something did not agree with me and laid down upstairs so as not to ruin the fun for others. feel better now. tks to law buddy for checking on me. UPSTAIRS.

problem solved

1texan
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:14:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

I lived in a city full of those, they are real. A combination of Gladys Kravitz, Stepford Wives on steroids.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:15:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Every community has perverts, so did yours before he moved in.  Most just haven't been caught yet.  You might even have 50 year old men who like to look at teenage asses in bikinis or men who like other men to stick a dick up their ass.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:16:00 PM EDT
[#39]
He hasn't paid is dues to society yet, certainly not the lives he destroyed.  Death is the only answer for people like him.  Hopefully a family member steps up and does the right thing as our justice system sure won't.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:19:40 PM EDT
[#40]
When I bought my house a year ago I looked on the Texas DPS website and found one on my street.  Forcible sexual contact on a 7yr old girl was the conviction.

He moved out sometime in December.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:20:23 PM EDT
[#41]
You've spotted him and you say he looks like his booking photos.

How about showing your kids the pics and tell them to stay away from him? Tell them to not let him get within 100 yards from him? If he's doing nothing illegal, he's doing nothing illegal.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:20:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

WRONG: he has no choices we give honest people. my wife and i chose not have children. BUUUT anyone who hurts 1 will  be "shown" the errow of his ways.l i dont give a f--k what the liberal law says. there is that and there is TEXAS law

i would be real clear to be at a small dinner party of very close friend's  3-4 couples,1 being my lawyer. will only take 15 minutes. i was in the bathroom something did not agree with me and laid down upstairs so as not to ruin the fun for others. feel better now. tks to law buddy for checking on me. UPSTAIRS.

problem solved

1texan
View Quote

Huh?  
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:22:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Sounds like its time to gate that community to keep the trash out~!
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:22:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Every community has perverts, so did yours before he moved in.  Most just haven't been caught yet.  You might even have 50 year old men who like to look at teenage asses in bikinis or men who like other men to stick a dick up their ass.
View Quote

I don't think a 50 year old looking at a 17 year old in a bikini is the same as a 50 year old RAPING two children under the age of ten but that's just me. Looking and acting are very separate things.

We are great friends with two gentlemen up the road who have been a couple since high school (both in their late forties now) and I was the best man at their wedding. My wife also stood up for them. They're incredible people. We go shooting, we watch ball games, when Dexter was on we'd have viewing parties every new season premiere. Now we have Game of Throne and Walking Dead parties. They are also doing nothing remotely close to RAPING two children under the age of ten. They are consenting adults who are married and in a long term, committed relationship.

I have a very big problem with someone who can look at a little child and become sexually aroused and then act on it. It's absolutely unconscionable.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:22:50 PM EDT
[#45]
On kind of a sort of a separate note, chimo lists are BS.
If these people are so dangerous that the entire world has to know where they live, they shouldn't be around decent people.

That said I'd have no problem telling the guy you and everyone else knows who he is, what he's done and he will be watched. Doesn't have to be threatening, just let it be known.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:23:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
OP,
View Quote

I'm glad someone said this.  Parents look at the offender website and think they live in a offender free hood.  You have kids? Assume anyone could be a risk, really anyone.  Even your brother, grandpaw, best friend or even the cop next door.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:25:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By @BigBadBarry:
View Quote
Ok, but this particular one molested TWO TEN YEAR OLDS!
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:28:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Recidivism in sexual predators is almost 100%.

Shoot him in the head and burn his body in the shit hole of house he lives in.  That way, he's no longer a threat and they can't replace him with another offender at that location.  

That last bit is key.  If the structure remains, they will assign someone else to live there.

Oops!  I probably just violated the CoC about three times in one post.

Alternatively, buy the house (even if done collectively) and kick the tenant out.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:28:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

He clearly stated that this guy was guilty of molesting 2 children under the age of ten.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This! Why does everyone but the scum have to jump through their assholes to allow him/her/them to roam free. It is bullshit, not to mention the recidivism rate of these predators.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:28:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
How did he not get prison justice? Surprised he made it out alive.
View Quote
I guess he wasn't in the same prison cell as that one dude that we heard about on here a year or two ago.  I think this was the case
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top