7 years married, 2 kids

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:07:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Newlyweds.

Keep her close, love her awesomely.

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:15:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Marriage / divorce threads are just like the nightly news.  Good news is dull.  Only the tornado at the trailer park gets reported.

17 years here and still thrilled to wake up next to her every day.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:16:50 AM EDT
[#3]
42 years here. Can`t wait for her to get up this morning!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:18:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Not quite 2 years in yet but we can't hardly stand to be apart
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:19:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Ill just sit here and hold my breath and wait for all the follow-up posts

Other members talking about how awesome their marriages are  will surely show up  if I wait here long enough
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:22:03 AM EDT
[#6]
10yrs married
2 kids

not all roses and sunshine
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:22:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Awesome. That could have been from my wife of 10 years.

She recently said we need to buy more ammo
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:28:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Married five years this past May to my best friend from childhood, finally where I belong, happier than a pig in slop, content at last.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:33:39 AM EDT
[#9]
28 years.

We get along great.  She has given me a great family and a wonderful life.

I would would be living in a shitshack in bumfuck Texas if it weren't for her.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:35:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Good for you.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:35:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I've known her since 1990, married 17 years now. Just renewed our vows, and it's better with every day.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:37:48 AM EDT
[#12]
17 years years here also. Choose wisely and life will be great 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:38:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Been together 9 years and finally made it official last year.  It's been awesome so far.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:51:47 AM EDT
[#14]
16 years in and, although we are in a bit of a rough spot in the road, I love her more than my own life
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:53:26 AM EDT
[#15]
16 years and we work together everyday at two businesses. There is still no one else I would rather spend time with. Plus she puts up with my shit
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:58:32 AM EDT
[#16]
7 year dating and engagement period and now 19 years married.    We rarely fight and I'm still insanely attracted to her.  There's nobody I rather be with.  I chose wisely
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:08:21 AM EDT
[#17]
20 years, 3 kids, blissfully happy.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:10:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:10:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Known her 10 years, married her for 7. 2 kids and a dog and an iguana (for a short time ).

Online reviews are composed of shills and pissed off people. The people in between have more important things to do than post about their lives.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:17:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Happily married 35 years. Great wife and great mother. Two kids, both college grads and out the nest with good jobs.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:21:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Check out the divorce filing increase right after Valentine's Day.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:22:54 AM EDT
[#22]
It takes an immeasurable amount of faith to enter into an agreement knowing that more than half of such agreements end in failure.

However, even after a soul crushing divorce and the firey demise of more than one long- term relationship, I remain eternally optimistic.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:24:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Known her 10 years, married her for 7. 2 kids and a dog and an iguana (for a short time ).

Online reviews are composed of shills and pissed off people. The people in between have more important things to do than post about their lives.
View Quote

10 years here too.  Spent the first 6 months pretending we were too good for eachother and playing hard to get.  Met in April, by September I couldn't take anymore and admitted I was madly in love with her.  Her reaction still ranks right up there with my kids being born
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:25:56 AM EDT
[#24]
25 years, still going strong. Very happy.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:26:26 AM EDT
[#25]
34 years a few days ago. I am so thankful for a loving, faithful wife. It's not been perfect and without the bumps in the road but with commitment from both parties to the marriage and God in the center of the marriage we have worked through the tough times.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:26:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Marriage is probably the most over rated thing I've done in life so far.

You guys today are in the dating mode, take a good hard look at her mom and the other women in her family. You can bet money that she's going to be just like them when the new car smell wears off.

Choose very wisely. I love my children. They're amazing.But my wife, what a cold hearted miserable bitch to be married to. I just hope I can raise my daughter to not be a total cunt like her mom. I doubt I can over come genetics and biology, but I'll try.....The jokes on me. But I need to get my children raised first. Then it's do time to fo with an atlas rocket powered ejection seat.

FML....... Choose wisely. This can not be empathized enough. That goes for the ladies too. Choose wisely...

I chose rather poorly, but I've sealed my fate. My destiny for now is to remain broke with a woman that has a business degree, but spends so much more than she makes. Wants all this bullshit, but can't afford any of it. Isn't saving for retirement. The hot tanned gal that was fit and liked to fuck, cook and rub my back is a distant memory now. Now I pretty much do all the cooking and cleaning while she spends all her time on her ass shitty no paying job doing emails and bookface at home... sex... lol... Yeah right....

She likes her job because they blow lots of sunshine up her ass. Driving her own car all over this fucking valley to their locations. All she gets is some gas once in a while. Zero fucking mileage. When the bitch wants tires, she wants me to buy them. I suggested Hey, your boss should buy her tires, since she puts on almost as many miles for work than she does commuting. Of course, I was an asshole for saying that. Told me I just don't appreciate that she has "good" job. Lol. So I say well, you'll appreciate them tires even more when you buy them yourself my dear was my response. She Had no money. Couldn't but them. So much for that "good" job she has.....

I lol'd when she said we need to do a "budget". I said you need a budget. I asked how the fuck did u get a BA in business. You can't spend more than you make.... That's 101 level day one shit.... Yet she can't figure it out. Said she deserves a new car......Lol.... Go tell that to your loan officer maybe they'll feel you deserve it too..... I ain't buying shit.

She wanted to share accounts.....Lol... Yeah fucking right.... So she can spend every fucking dime? Did she think I'm an idiot?

It's like she thinks every thing runs on hopes and dreams? You don't get to have shit because you deserve it.... That's fucking retarded.... You have to buy them....Smh...

Fuck......me......
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:28:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It takes an immeasurable amount of faith to enter into an agreement knowing that more than half of such agreements end in failure.

However, even after a soul crushing divorce and the firey demise of more than one long- term relationship, I remain eternally optimistic.
View Quote

Well, when you have retards that have 7 marriages and fail at all of them, it skews the numbers

When you pick the right one, marriage is easy.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:32:44 AM EDT
[#28]
+1 in the happily married column. Not ashamed to say she's the best thing to happen to me
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:35:19 AM EDT
[#29]
We met when she was 12 and I was 14.  Family friends.  Started dating 4 years later.  Married 3 years later.

We've been married 34 years.  We have 2 boys and 4 grandchildren, 2 girls and 2 boys.  The oldest boy is 3 today.  

Life is very good!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:38:57 AM EDT
[#30]
28 years
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:44:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Marriage is probably the most over rated thing I've done in life so far.

You guys today are in the dating mode, take a good hard look at her mom and the other women in her family. You can bet money that she's going to be just like them when the new car smell wears off.

Choose very wisely. I love my children. They're amazing.But my wife, what a cold hearted miserable bitch to be married to. I just hope I can raise my daughter to not be a total cunt like her mom. I doubt I can over come genetics and biology, but I'll try.....The jokes on me. But I need to get my children raised first. Then it's do time to fo with an atlas rocket powered ejection seat.

FML....... Choose wisely. This can not be empathized enough. That goes for the ladies too. Choose wisely...

I chose rather poorly, but I've sealed my fate. My destiny for now is to remain broke with a woman that has a business degree, but spends so much more than she makes. Wants all this bullshit, but can't afford any of it. Isn't saving for retirement. The hot tanned gal that was fit and liked to fuck, cook and rub my back is a distant memory now. Now I pretty much do all the cooking and cleaning while she spends all her time on her ass shitty no paying job doing emails and bookface at home... sex... lol... Yeah right....

She likes her job because they blow lots of sunshine up her ass. Driving her own car all over this fucking valley to their locations. All she gets is some gas once in a while. Zero fucking mileage. When the bitch wants tires, she wants me to buy them. I suggested Hey, your boss should buy her tires, since she puts on almost as many miles for work than she does commuting. Of course, I was an asshole for saying that. Told me I just don't appreciate that she has "good" job. Lol. So I say well, you'll appreciate them tires even more when you buy them yourself my dear was my response. She Had no money. Couldn't but them. So much for that "good" job she has.....

I lol'd when she said we need to do a "budget". I said you need a budget. I asked how the fuck did u get a BA in business. You can't spend more than you make.... That's 101 level day one shit.... Yet she can't figure it out. Said she deserves a new car......Lol.... Go tell that to your loan officer maybe they'll feel you deserve it too..... I ain't buying shit.

She wanted to share accounts.....Lol... Yeah fucking right.... So she can spend every fucking dime? Did she think I'm an idiot?

It's like she thinks every thing runs on hopes and dreams? You don't get to have shit because you deserve it.... That's fucking retarded.... You have to buy them....Smh...

Fuck......me......
View Quote

I should have read this thread down before I posted. I am in a similar situation you are not alone.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:46:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Dated seven years and have been married two and a half years and it has not always been skittles and unicorns. This is both of ours second marriages and I think at times we have both wanted to walk away knowing that we did it once and can do it again. 2016 was probably our worst year when her loser 22 year old moved in with us and all hell broke loose. I have worked on things with her because I dont want another divorce and I know she feels the same way.

Being married isnt easy most days , but I love her to death and she is my best friend.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:48:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Going on day 9 now and we couldn't be happier!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:49:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Attachment Attached File

23 years.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:51:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Marriage / divorce threads are just like the nightly news.  Good news is dull.  Only the tornado at the trailer park gets reported.

View Quote

God Bless you, I wake up every morning hoping mine doesn't.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:07:48 AM EDT
[#36]
enjoy it while it lasts bro

because it won't

im not saying the marriage won't last

i'm saying the lovey dovey she'll do whatever you ask won't last

anyone who says otherswise is a liar, naive, in denial, or their wife is a 1%er you won the fucking lottery women, i like to imagine they do exist but I highly doubt it, i've never seen an example in person

22 years married she did whatever I asked with a smile on her face for the first 14 years , last 8 years not so much, we have no kids and she has a high paying salaried job

a women's love and affection is conditional, i didn’t make that realization til recently

if i knew that 22 years ago i would of never gotten married, a women needs to feel the pressure to keep her man happy or he can just walk, i sincerely believe this
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:07:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:16:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
enjoy it while it lasts bro

because it won't

im not saying the marriage won't last

i'm saying the lovey dovey she'll do whatever you ask won't last

anyone who says otherswise is a liar, naive, in denial, or their wife is a 1%er you won the fucking lottery women, i like to imagine they do exist but I highly doubt it, i've never seen an example in person

22 years married she did whatever I asked with a smile on her face for the first 14 years , last 8 years not so much, we have no kids and she has a high paying salaried job

a women's love and affection is conditional, i didn’t make that realization til recently

if i knew that 22 years ago i would of never gotten married, a women needs to feel the pressure to keep her man happy or he can just walk, i sincerely believe this
View Quote

He went to the range yesterday.  After a couple of hours he sent me a text, "Shit."  I asked what was wrong.  He thought he had his bore snake and rod with him but he'd left them in the shop.  He didn't have to ask----I got in the car and drove them to him.  

He does things for me to make my life easier and I do the same for him.  It isn't some magical formula.  The best thing in the world for us is to see the other one happy.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:19:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol. bye bye
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:21:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Getting married in 3 months

She's funny, weird, a stupid good cook and she likes to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:21:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

He went to the range yesterday.  After a couple of hours he sent me a text, "Shit."  I asked what was wrong.  He thought he had his bore snake and rod with him but he'd left them in the shop.  He didn't have to ask----I got in the car and drove them to him.  

He does things for me to make my life easier and I do the same for him.  It isn't some magical formula.  The best thing in the world for us is to see the other one happy.
View Quote

keep that up loooong term and then get back to me

look I stated my opinion on the subject take it for what it's worth "nothing" don't try to defend your relationship with me I've heard it  a 100 fucking times and I don't believe it
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:24:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Married 13 years this may.  I continue to get more than I deserve from my wife, especially after all the shit I put here through from 2010-14.  Got a great 4 year old boy.  Things still need work, but it's mostly on me and my mental health.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:24:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

keep that up loooong term and then get back to me

it won't
View Quote

We've been married 20 years and have 3 kids.  How long term do you want?  

If you ever saw us together you'd see stars in our eyes when we look at each other.   I met him when I was 16 and I still get butterflies when he kisses me.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:25:27 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are plenty of people happily married, they just dont go around talking about it. They either dont want to brag or are to busy spending quality time with their spouse, raising kids, working hard, etc... they dont have time to post much on forums like this.
Im at the 6 year mark myself. First 2 years were pretty rough, middle 2 were good and the last 2 have been awesome. Will be interesting to see how the next 2 go, im hoping marriage is like a fine wine and only gets better with age.

If I could only give one pieces of advice to someone getting married it would be, get your financial situation under control. The number one cause of fights and divorces is money problems. Make a budget, get out a debt, then stay out of debt and continue to live within your means. If you do that your chances of being happily married increases dramatically.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:27:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:28:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

We've been married 20 years and have 3 kids.  How long term do you want?  

If you ever saw us together you'd see stars in our eyes when we look at each other.   I met him when I was 16 and I still get butterflies when he kisses me.  
View Quote

i stated my opinion on the subject (it wasn't directed at anyone specific it was directed at everyone) take it for what it's worth "nothing", don't try to defend your relationship with me I've heard it a 100 fucking times and I don't believe it
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:28:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:31:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

i stated my opinion on the subject (it wasn't directed at anyone specific it was directed at everyone) take it for what it's worth "nothing", don't try to defend your relationship with me I've heard it a 100 fucking times and I don't believe it
View Quote

You remind me of my dad.  You know why he was never able to have a happy marriage?  Because he believed they didn't exist.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:35:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top