Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/15/2017 8:20:02 PM EDT
My dislike of the current pistol brace craze everyone seems to be getting into.

Before you comment be aware that I have more tax stamps than most and would welcome the end of the ATF and NFA as much as anyone else does.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:21:38 PM EDT
[#1]
What is the point of this thread?
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:22:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

To get people to respond. Congrats you won.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:22:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Before you comment be aware that I have more tax stamps than most and would welcome the end of the ATF and NFA as much as anyone else does.
View Quote

You forgot to add the awesome pics of said rifles! Elitist, snob.........

Just kidding! I just like to drool over that pic.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:23:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't say it's what you think of the Sig Brace. But what you own and how you post your stuff here. People are silly. It seems you're squared away, you shouldn't worry what they think. Just my two cents.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:24:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm gonna bet it isn't the opinion you share that is the problem but rather the manner in which you share it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:24:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I dont blame you.

However i do have one of those new folding braces for my sp5k.  It looks good other than the velcro, feels solid and gives a very  nice cheek weld.

I may sbr it one day just to use a vfg, but in its current config i like it a lot.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:25:07 PM EDT
[#7]
At first, I thought BATFE would clamp down on it, but that ship has sailed and the ruling won't be reversed.  I don't use them only because I
want specific stocks for my SBR's.  If that's not an issue, it's a great way to have an "SBR", whether you're waiting on a stamp or not.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:25:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Not everyone wants to deal with the local authorities. 
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:26:28 PM EDT
[#9]
The brace, as designed for not going to the shoulder, is 100% COMPLETELY retarded.  The brace, when used to shoulder just as you would a normal stock, is just a stock.  So yes, if you intend on not shouldering it, it is 100% COMPLETELY retarded.  

I think bump firing/slid stock things are even more dumb.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:26:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably to get the op to post a pic of his stamped items.
It's been a couple days since he has posted them.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:27:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't like them, and I don't care whether someone else likes them, or not.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:27:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Probably to get the op to post a pic of his stamped items.
It's been a couple days since he has posted them.
View Quote

Probably more than that but your welcome to check.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:29:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a few stamped items and one "pistol brace" 300.   Just don't used the "pistol braced" weapon in an inappropriate fashion in a public setting.  No more problems.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:30:05 PM EDT
[#14]
In on humblebrag thread.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:30:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree. This thread was started after a local guy asked me why I spend the time and money to SBR my firearms when I could just buy an arm brace, then proceeded to tell me I was an idiot. I told him my thoughts, he turned really red, said a few words and stormed off.

It was a weird afternoon.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:32:13 PM EDT
[#16]
I have 2 and considered them a poor man's SBR.  I haven't taken them for a walk in over a year.  What is the current status of shouldering a brace with the ATF?
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:33:05 PM EDT
[#17]
The only bummer is I can have a Shockwave brace in a couple days...

Been waiting on 3 form 1s for 7 months.  

I only have 1 pistol with brace.  It's a beater and ugly as f#ck.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:33:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Probably more than that but your welcome to check.
View Quote

I have seen it before.
Someone will challenge your statement of the number of stamps you own and you will post the pic to prove you own them.

No big deal. I like the pic.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:34:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I have seen it before.
Someone will challenge your statement of the number of stamps you own and you will post the pic to prove you own them.

View Quote

Never said I had the most and that isn't the point of the thread. I said I had "more than most".
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:34:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I agree. This thread was started after a local guy asked me why I spend the time and money to SBR my firearms when I could just buy an arm brace, then proceeded to tell me I was an idiot. I told him my thoughts, he turned really red, said a few words and stormed off.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What fucking difference does it make to him what you want to spend your money on?
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:35:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have 2 and considered them a poor man's SBR.  I haven't taken them for a walk in over a year.  What is the current status of shouldering a brace with the ATF?
View Quote

I personally don't do it if I am shooting at a public range, just fold it away and avoid the busy bodies.  Hell, it's a 9mm and the platform is still fun to shoot and very controllable in that configuration.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:36:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

What fucking difference does it make to him what you want to spend your money on?
View Quote

I'm not sure, but I was called- an elitist snob asshole among other things.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:36:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Some people aren't as eager as you to sign up on a gun registry.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:37:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

You mean the same registry that everyone that buys a firearm from a store is on?
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:38:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I personally don't do it if I am shooting at a public range, just fold it away and avoid the busy bodies.  Hell, it's a 9mm and the platform is still fun to shoot and very controllable in that configuration.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much this.  Don't shoot it in front of dumbasses.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:39:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You mean the same registry that everyone that buys a firearm from a store is on?
View Quote

A 4473 only = registry if he state has UBC, which is why every gun owner should be a adamently opposed to hem (and why the left wants hem.)
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:39:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'm not sure, but I was called- an elitist snob asshole among other things.
View Quote

Guy sounds like an asshole.   I'm not sure I've ever heard of a "shouldering" offense being prosecuted, but I don't want to be the test case.  

We will let your gun shop pal Gomer do that.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:39:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Never said I had the most and that isn't the point of the thread. I said I had "more than most".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have seen it before.

Your wording was never called into question. I know what you meant.
I just said they will challenge the number you say own.

As you can see from above, I am not the only member who felt this way.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:41:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or that's the justification poor people use.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:41:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

The only reasons to complain about other people using pistol braces are elitism and snobbery.

I'm also sitting on a pile of stamps.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:41:38 PM EDT
[#31]
I have no use for a short barreled rifle, or a rifle caliber handgun.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:42:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

A 4473 only = registry if he state has UBC, which is why every gun owner should be a dementia opposed to hem (and why the left wants hem.)
View Quote

That is the most confusing thing I've read all day...

Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:43:20 PM EDT
[#33]
The nice thing about braces is you can own your SBR in pistol form and it's still somewhat useful while you wait for your SBR stamp.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:43:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That is the most confusing thing I've read all day...

https://i.imgflip.com/abzja.jpg
View Quote

I meant adamantly, see my edit
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:44:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I have no use for a short barreled rifle, or a rifle caliber handgun.
View Quote

Since a suppressed SBR is probably the MOST safe and efficient means of home defense currently available for the majority of people.....I cannot concur
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:45:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The nice thing about braces is you can own your SBR in pistol form and it's still somewhat useful while you wait for your SBR stamp.
View Quote

I can understand that, but my interaction this afternoon was with the same guy that was critical of my owning registered machine guns when I could have just bought a slide fire.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:45:56 PM EDT
[#37]
I just got a shockwave for my AR pistol and I love it!  It doesn't really give me a better cheekweld than just a tube but atleast it looks 100 times cooler than just a tube sticking out the back.  

Eventually I want to SBR my AR pistol but I'm moving out of state in 6+/- months and probably moving again 6 months after that.  Once I finally settle down somewhere I'll send out forms but I don't want to deal with changing addresses and shit. Considering even the post office fucks it up I don't want to risk it with a NFA item.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:47:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I can understand that, but my interaction this afternoon was with the same guy that was critical of my owning reqistered machine guns when I could have just bought a slide fire.
View Quote

Sounds like he is poor and wants you to be poor with him.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:47:36 PM EDT
[#39]
I haven't seen the pic of all your stamped guns so go ahead, post it.

I need something to aspire too, I'm just an amateur with 10 stamps in hand and 4 in process.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:48:15 PM EDT
[#40]

Ride or die, loaded, concealed, and across state lines.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:48:51 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm with you OP. Why spend $150 on an ugly non adjustable arm brace when you could spend a little more and have a useable firearm with the correct stock on it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:49:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

And that's what bugs you about the brace.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:49:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've never signed a 4473. So, suck it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:49:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/Qaurv8z.jpg
Ride or die, loaded, concealed, and across state lines.
View Quote

That scope must have a lot of eye relief to work on a pistol......
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:50:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

And that's what bugs you about the brace.
View Quote

Actually it isn't.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:51:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I've never signed a 4473. So, suck it.
View Quote

I'm thinking you would be better equipped to handle the second part of your comment.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:52:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I can understand that, but my interaction this afternoon was with the same guy that was critical of my owning registered machine guns when I could have just bought a slide fire.
View Quote

That's just full blown retard.

I love the bumpfire threads, but anyone saying anything other than "machine guns are awesome" is not a person I'd like to talk to.

Even a few of my non gun nut friends get it. "Whiskers, why haven't you bought a machine gun yet?"

F him.

MGs for the win.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:53:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I'm thinking you would be better equipped to handle the second part of your comment.
View Quote

Ok. I laughed.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:57:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Think what you want, I have a safe full of guns that I'm not paying $200 to tell the govt about.

Pistols serve a good purpose. Not everyone buys from stores, and not everyone is eager to sign up for a registry. There are other ways to legally own fun toys.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#50]
For me it's not so much the money. It's the hoops I have to jump through to get permission for a "stock" on my firearm. It's retarded.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top