User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/7/2016 7:56:18 AM EDT
THE LONG ISLAND RAIL ROAD MASSACRE
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 7:59:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't forget something you have never heard about.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 7:59:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

here let me link something since most won't know about it and you didn't expound on it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_Long_Island_Rail_Road_shooting
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:06:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I suppose it was forgotten due to the fact that the shooter was a racist black man.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:08:36 AM EDT
[#4]
What aspect of this are you bringing up and why do you believe it was forgotten?
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:13:20 AM EDT
[#5]
This is why. 
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:17:03 AM EDT
[#6]
If it wasn't for that shooting we never would have heard our favorite "shoulder thing that goes up" quote.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:18:26 AM EDT
[#7]
His victims sued the gun and ammo companies:

said they filed a $600 million suit against Sturm Ruger & Co., the Olin Corp. and Ram-L ine Inc. Colin Ferguson, the man convicted and sentenced to multiple life terms for the shooting, used a Ruger semi-automatic pistol in the attack in which six people were killed and 19 wounded. Olin makes the Winchester Black Talon and Winchester Full Metal Jacket bullets Ferguson used in the attack. Ram-Line makes the 15-round clip. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/boroughs/lirr-victims-suing-arms-firms-600m-article-1.678153
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:18:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Shooting resulted in yet another anti-gun democrat being elected to congress?  Wife or mother of one of the victims IIRC.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:19:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it wasn't for that shooting we never would have heard our favorite "shoulder thing that goes up" quote.
View Quote

Followed by her "cost the taxpayers millions because my lawsuits against gun stores were bogus" successor.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:24:28 AM EDT
[#10]
I remember this guy.

He represented himself and usually spouted off racial insults at the judge and victims every time he spoke.   He was removed from the courtroom for the majority of his trial due to his behavior.

What a nut job.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:25:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Shooting resulted in yet another anti-gun democrat being elected to congress?  Wife or mother of one of the victims IIRC.
View Quote

The famous "shoulder thing that goes up." twat IIRC.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:32:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I remember this guy.
He represented himself and usually spouted off racial insults at the judge and victims every time he spoke.   He was removed from the courtroom for the majority of his trial due to his behavior.
What a nut job.
View Quote

The SNL courtroom skit with Tim Meadows playing him was hilarious.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:12:54 AM EDT
[#13]
What a nut job. Why it was forgotten? Wrong skin color and he was racist against whites, which is silly because only white people can racist.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:18:35 AM EDT
[#14]

Cold Opening: Colin Ferguson - Saturday Night Live
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:20:01 AM EDT
[#15]
This is the forgotten massacre

Mark Essex
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:20:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Black racist shooter doesn't fit the liberal narrative.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:26:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Interesting defense of "black rage"... With today's media portrayal of whites as evil and the general feelings of ill towards the white community, I wonder what permutations of "black rage" will be employed in future crimes like this?

The recent shooting in Dallas, etc... all show similar insanity patterns and the Long Island shooting should not be ignored.  Remember, those who forget history, etc... etc...
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:30:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Plus, he got his firearms in California.  Did the 14 day background check.

Also, him being a black racist, did not fit the left's idea as the lone white gunman.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:30:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Interesting defense of "black rage"... With today's media portrayal of whites as evil and the general feelings of ill towards the white community, I wonder what permutations of "black rage" will be employed in future crimes like this?

The recent shooting in Dallas, etc... all show similar insanity patterns and the Long Island shooting should not be ignored.  Remember, those who forget history, etc... etc...
View Quote

What's a Nubian?
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:34:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup, it spawned the career of one of the most vapid cunts in Congress
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:34:48 AM EDT
[#21]
every time there a new gun law proposal in Congress I think about it thanks to this cunt Carolyn McCarthy.....
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:37:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

What's a Nubian?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's a Nubian?

Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:38:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

We_Tu2kgbFA
View Quote

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country. "

What the fucking fuck? I am in the United States of goddamn America and the uploader was SNL......

ETA
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/cold-opening-colin-ferguson/n10658?snl=1
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:39:51 AM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's a Nubian?

http://i.imgur.com/IjxA1yB.png

Best scene in the movie
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:40:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Remember guys black people cant be racist.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:42:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Black Shooter and happened before most Millennials were born.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:47:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country. "

What the fucking fuck? I am in the United States of goddamn America and the uploader was SNL......

ETA
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/cold-opening-colin-ferguson/n10658?snl=1
View Quote

Thanks...not sure why it did that.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:48:08 AM EDT
[#28]
I had this hanging up on our bulletin board at work for awhile. The guy in the back who's face is obscured still works with me (He's going on 34 yrs now) and is responsible for writing the 37H3o7 on the vest that Ferguson is wearing. It's code for an old inside joke and the higher ups were not happy that it showed up in full view of the News.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 10:18:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I had this hanging up on our bulletin board at work for awhile. The guy in the back who's face is obscured still works with me (He's going on 34 yrs now) and is responsible for writing the 37H3o7 on the vest that Ferguson is wearing. It's code for an old inside joke and the higher ups were not happy that it showed up in full view of the News.
http://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/colin-ferguson-1993.jpg
View Quote

So, uh...you're just gonna leave us hanging after floating that?
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 10:29:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wow, so this is basically your 15 minutes of fame by proxy.     Congrats Man!!!
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 10:47:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Liberal narrative:  it doesn't fit.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 10:57:06 AM EDT
[#32]
How is it forgotten any more than any other mass shooting in modern Short Term Memory America?
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 11:00:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Liberal narrative:  it doesn't fit.
View Quote

How old are you guys? I'm slightly over 40 and we heard a lot about it in the 90's. They didn't promote the racial aspect of it though.

The McCarthy/Feinstein combo have been 2A enemies for a long time.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 11:10:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Must've been a real knee slapper.

Link Posted: 12/7/2016 11:17:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Interesting to see the difference in reactions between this and the Roof shooting.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 11:21:13 AM EDT
[#36]
The Beltway Snipers are forgotten by the media as well
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 11:24:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Years of red flags.

Shame he did not get the mental health treatment it appears he desperately needed and spared people.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 11:32:38 AM EDT
[#38]
It happened 25 fucking years ago....what do you expect?  It to be on the local news every night talking about still?
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 11:37:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Hartford distributors Manchester Connecticut

I deliver here daily. One of the guys I talk to that loads and unloads my truck out of the blue started talking about it and started crying.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 11:39:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Mark Essex
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Mark Essex

As he stepped out once again in the open to fire again on the helicopter, and after hitting the helicopter's transmission, Essex was barraged with fatal gunfire from police sharpshooters on the roofs of adjacent buildings as well as the automatic weapons aboard the helicopter. An autopsy later revealed more than 200 gunshot wounds.

He dead.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 11:40:55 AM EDT
[#41]
1) Shooter was black.
2) Weapon was a pistol, not a evil black rifle.
3) He didn't use "High capacity" magazines.
4) He was tackled and stopped by civilians.
5) No terrorist or crazy motives, just a mentally unstable guy, which reinforces what groups like the NRA have been saying for decades, that these shootings are a mental health problem, not a gun problem.
6) Was committed in the pre columbine era where the mainstream media didn't switch to live 24/7 national news coverage after every shooting involving 4 or more people. IMO this has created copy cat who want the same attention as previous mass shooters.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 11:46:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

He dead.
View Quote

They killed him a lot.

Link Posted: 12/7/2016 11:48:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, the dip shits of Nassau County on Long Island elected Carolyn McCarthy to congress. A woman so far out of her element that she never accomplished a thing a congress critter. She only emerged when there was anti-gun BS to be pushed. Last I heard she was near death from
cancer, but had not kicked it yet. FU Carolyn McCarthy.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 12:00:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/7/2016 12:05:56 PM EDT
[#45]

I remain convinced that her husband didn't even try to duck.

Link Posted: 12/7/2016 12:50:02 PM EDT
[#46]
From wiki:
Ferguson spoke out against coexistence with whites and routinely made calls for retributive revolution. Ferguson regularly accused others around him of racism. During one occasion, Ferguson complained that a white woman in the library shouted racial epithets at him after he asked her about a class assignment. An investigation concluded the incident never occurred.
View Quote

Game plan for the next 30 years. We are still living with it, it's now a mainstream DNC tactic. If you fail to remember you are planning to fail.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 12:54:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Being an "Angry Black Man" was grounds to put in an insane asylum back in the day.

Link Posted: 12/7/2016 1:04:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Hartford distributors Manchester Connecticut

I deliver here daily. One of the guys I talk to that loads and unloads my truck out of the blue started talking about it and started crying.
View Quote

That's why I started carrying at work. We got one of those guys that work always watching police shooting videos and stuff. Getting all radicalized
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 1:11:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

because it's the lirr, and nobody gives a shit about the lirr?

njt ftw!!!
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 1:13:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Looks like the writing on the vest is like the old upside-down calculator "BOOBIES" trick.  Says LOEHLE if you flip it over which is an aircraft manufacturer as well as an uncommon last name.  No idea how that ties into an inside joke though.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top