Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/24/2016 10:27:23 AM EDT

I've been looking at how Trump can pull this off.  There are many hard core leftist states we are stuck dealing with that make Trumps path difficult. After looking at it a bit, I think Trump needs to flip one of the following; MN, CO, VA or NM.  This map allots him NC, GA, FL, OH, AZ and NV, which I think he stands a good change of taking.  After looking at fivethirtyeight.com, it appears his best chance of flipping one of the four key states may be in MN.

With MN:

If you are in any of the "swing" states, or the four I mentioned, please vote for Trump.  For the sake of the supreme court, talk to your friends, drive them to the polls and make it happen.

I would love to see yall's maps for how you think the election is likely to go.  Here is an easy tool for building your own map to post.

http://www.270towin.com/

Look at five thirty eight's expected margin of victory and decide which states you see as most likely to swing Trump.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo

Most importantly, go vote for the candidate who is most likely to give us 2nd amendment friendly judges.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:34:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought Colorado was gonna go Trump? Or was that from polling two days ago and now it's not true anymore.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:39:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:43:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Utah might go 3rd party thanks to the Mormons who are too blind to see that standing by their principles will get them the candidate they like the least. Sort of like the libertarians and nevertrumpers on this forum.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:44:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
That would be nice but polls would have to be off by about 25% for that to happen.  I just don't think they are skewed that far.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:46:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Utah might go 3rd party thanks to the Mormons who are too blind to see that standing by their principles will get them the candidate they like the least. Sort of like the libertarians and nevertrumpers on this forum.
View Quote
If Trump flips MN or VA, he would still win.  In the event Utah prevents Trump or Hillary from getting 270, Trump most likely wins at the house.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:48:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I think he has a better chance at WI, or MI, than he does MN.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:52:46 AM EDT
[#7]
What I hope I see happen:

What I suspect will be the reality:

Also, can't we force California to break into two or three states?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:53:45 AM EDT
[#8]
How can 22.5 shitty states decided the fate of the entire country because they can't pull the .gov tit out of their mouth. I say we cut them off and starve them into submission!
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:54:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I think he has a better chance at WI, or MI, than he does MN.
View Quote
H is +7.7 for WI and +8.8 for MI, both slightly higher than MN. 538 put's their polling margin as tighter with them as well, making a turnover less likely. CO is slightly closer than MN at +7.5, but again 538 puts their polling methodology as more precise in CO making MN slightly more likely to change.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:42:12 AM EDT
[#10]
For reference, here is the actual results from the 2000 election, Bush won with 271, as we can see, an exceptionally tight race.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:44:09 AM EDT
[#11]

In 2004, Bush did slightly better with 286 electoral votes.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:50:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Of note, TX has grown from 2000 to 2016 and now has 6 more electoral votes.

NY on the other hand has lost 4 votes and now sits at 29.

FL has gained four votes since 2000, making it even more important.

IL has shrunk 2 votes.

LA, MO have both lost an electoral vote but GA has gained 3 votes.

OH has lost 3 votes since 2000, making it slightly less important.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:02:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

http://www.270towin.com/presidential_map_new/maps/jArdx.png

http://www.270towin.com/presidential_map_new/maps/zmzAK.png

View Quote

BWHAHAHA LOL

NC never in a million fucking years will FHRC get it!

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:14:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

BWHAHAHA LOL

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BWHAHAHA LOL

I hope that you are correct.  http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/nc/north_carolina_trump_vs_clinton-5538.html#polls
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:22:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not sure it would help all that much. The north is conservative but not that densely populated. The south is liberal holds most of the population, in particular the ethic population which is what sways the state. Or so im told, no desire to go to the POS state.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:24:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

The morons are going to Mormon  !

It's there sensitive feels brah !!
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:49:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a LOT less friends after the last several weeks in this state.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:04:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Those six points are just unlikely to cost Trump the election. If no one gets 270, then the house will give it to Trump.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:20:55 PM EDT
[#19]
File this in the FWIW department.

A friend of mine behind  enemy lines in MASSACHUSETTS says that there is an unprecedented number of Trump signs that just seemed to show up over the past couple of days.

MA will probably go blue when it is over and done with but the number of signs in a state like that is probably a very good sign.

Again, FWIW.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:21:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
]Those six points are just unlikely to cost Trump the election. If no one gets 270, then the house will give it to Trump.
View Quote

Like hell they will!
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:31:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

A friend of mine behind  enemy lines in MASSACHUSETTS says that there is an unprecedented number of Trump signs that just seemed to show up over the past couple of days.

MA will probably go blue when it is over and done with but the number of signs in a state like that is probably a very good sign.

Again, FWIW.
View Quote

MA is showing +24.1 H, I just don't see that margin being overcome.  

PA is far more likely at +7H, if all the polls are off by 7 points, Trump wins.  If they're off by 8 points, Trump wins in a landslide.  Giving 4 points in Trumps favor gives the map above where we have to swing one of the listed states: CO, NV, MN or VA.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:46:41 PM EDT
[#22]
i want to see this cause anarchy
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:48:53 PM EDT
[#23]
No possible way MN will flip. Minnesotans are great people, bu they turn in to DFL retards when it comes time to vote. WI would flip if we could nuke Madison and Milwaukee.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:50:17 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote
That would be pretty interesting, though I think Utah going for McMullin is more likely than a straight 269 tie.  Either way I think Trump wins after the house gets to decide the election.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:52:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Again, FWIW.
View Quote

Bergen County, NJ is redder than most areas of Jersey.  I was at a party over the weekend and the only people voting H where the two hosts.

... doesn't mean anything compared to the bodies in Newark, Trenton, etc. but does surprise me.  NJ hasn't gone red since Reagan/80 I think.  But there just aren't a lot of campaign signs out and most are bottom-ticket WITHOUT mentioning party affiliation or are for Trump.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:52:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the mormons voting for a 3rd party are the deciding factor and they hand the white house to Clinton.....  

Word cannot express how pissed off I will be.

And I am saying that as a person who likes every mormon that I know.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:58:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Only if the bay area breaks off of CA.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:01:39 PM EDT
[#28]
My wife and I are 2 new CO voters and we are voting Trump.  Helping out as best we can.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:02:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Like hell they will!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
]Those six points are just unlikely to cost Trump the election. If no one gets 270, then the house will give it to Trump.

Like hell they will!

It is not that simple.  There are only 50 votes cast in the house (each state delegation gets one vote), DC does not get to vote. The House chooses from the top THREE candidates...Now, hasn't trump gone out of his way to piss of everyone in the House? hmmmm...
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:05:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
No possible way MN will flip. Minnesotans are great people, bu they turn in to DFL retards when it comes time to vote. WI would flip if we could nuke Madison and Milwaukee.
View Quote

this. born and raised and in rural setting no issue but twin cities is full potato
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:18:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:22:34 PM EDT
[#32]

utah blue but co and nv red
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:23:24 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

That would be nice but polls would have to be off by about 25% for that to happen.  I just don't think they are skewed that far.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

They are skewed wayyyy farther than you think.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:25:50 PM EDT
[#34]
I really think it will be something like this:

http://www.270towin.com/presidential_map_new/maps/8XPgG.png

Photobucket not working sorry
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:28:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Photobucket not working sorry necessary.
View Quote

ETA:  I think you're in for a rude awakening, but wouldn't it be glorious.  The wailing and gnashing of teeth, rending of garments.  It would be amusing to watch the left go into an absolute spastic fit.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 3:42:51 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope your right, but I just don't see it playing out that way.  I see his path to victory as rather narrow, with a big break happening if he can turn PA.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 3:46:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Just a cautionary tale on the dangers of going full utard.

I think Trump actually needs an upset in the rust belt to win.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 3:47:29 PM EDT
[#38]

What crazy variables did you use to get WA red. I mean I want to believe, but blue takes almost every demographic here in polling where its the only of like 3 states to do so.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 3:48:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I think its possible they are skewed that much.

I also think Michigan is going to Trump.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 3:51:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Photobucket not working sorry
View Quote

lol ny red but ak blue?

you don't need to photobucket to grab the image link from that site
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 3:55:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What crazy variables did you use to get WA red. I mean I want to believe, but blue takes almost every demographic here in polling where its the only of like 3 states to do so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I remember when WA had R senators, an R governor and voted for Reagan.

I think Ron Paul would have beaten Hillary in WA in 2008 if Jeb hadn't been the FL governor in 2000.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 3:55:55 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm pretty sure trump hit this to get the states around d the great lakes.  His theme is anti illegal immigration and NAFTA took her jobs.  

If that worked and he convinced a fair percentage of a couple generations who watched their great cities fall apart he is going to wipe the floor with her.

I really think a lot of union Dems up there do t want to say they are voting for trump but they will.  He is the ideal candidate for them.  Hopefully it works
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I hope your right, but I just don't see it playing out that way.  I see his path to victory as rather narrow, with a big break happening if he can turn PA.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/790491911236845568
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 4:01:22 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

RCP has Michigan at +10 for H.  538 has them at +8.8 for H.  MN is +4.3 for H on RCP and +7.6 for H on 538.  I think MN is more likely to swap than MI.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 4:03:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
How can 22.5 shitty states decided the fate of the entire country because they can't pull the .gov tit out of their mouth. I say we cut them off and starve them into submission!
View Quote

Yeah it kind of makes me wonder why I bother voting since my state doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 4:07:47 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Yeah it kind of makes me wonder why I bother voting since my state doesn't matter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Your state awards votes to the winner of each congressional district separate from the state winner.  You should definitely vote.

Just remember, rural states votes matter more than big city votes because of the electoral distribution, we would fair even worse without the electoral vote system.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 4:15:12 PM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BWHAHAHA LOL

I hope that you are correct.  http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/nc/north_carolina_trump_vs_clinton-5538.html#polls

Were you not watching the Charlotte riots?  There were just as many white people protesting as there were blacks. I've lost my faith in NC.

But as a side note, I was driving through the upper class suburbs of south Charlotte, and all I saw was a few Johnson signs.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 4:20:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Of note, TX has grown from 2000 to 2016 and now has 6 more electoral votes.

NY on the other hand has lost 4 votes and now sits at 29.

FL has gained four votes since 2000, making it even more important.

IL has shrunk 2 votes.

LA, MO have both lost an electoral vote but GA has gained 3 votes.

OH has lost 3 votes since 2000, making it slightly less important.

View Quote

Thanks for pointing that out. its something many overlook. Migration and birth rates matter.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 4:25:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
i want to see this cause anarchy
http://www.270towin.com/presidential_map_new/maps/byZ0k.png
View Quote

This would be fun to see if Maine's second district will go to Trump.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 4:57:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top