Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/27/2016 7:42:27 PM EDT
Full disclosure: my wife and I will be voting for Trump. I'm not super excited about that, but it's better than the Hildabeast any day of the week (I'd also like to take this opportunity to say FGJ).

At any rate, I did not see the debate last night since I was in a training at work. This morning I woke up to see GD in the throws (aka "throes") of a full meltdown. Then I get home and my wife tells me Trump was an "incoherent, rambling, defensive mess." Her words, not mine. I pointed out that he's winning all of the online "debate polls" but that seems to be of little comfort to her. "He was terrible and Hillary stayed calm while she told her lies" is her response.

On to my cool starry bra...For the past month I've had 3 cases of ammo listed for sale locally. My prices are fair, but, let's face it, it's 40 S&W.  There has been zero interest.

Today I was able to bump the listing and received four emails within an hour. One was a low-baller, but the other three seem like solid buyers. Meetings are set and they aren't haggling on price.

Coincidence? Or...

Disclaimer: OP not responsible for seizures.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:43:59 PM EDT
[#1]
GD is always in the throes of a meltdown.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea. It's happening
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:49:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Is it throes? Shit, that looks right.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:51:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Should I start building my harem?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:57:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Let's see,
So far I've been pulling for Trump the whole time,
Think Hillary is a corrupt criminal who belongs in jail not the WH,
I've even donated money to Trump, who's got more money than some small countries,

Um yea, I'm gonna switch my vote based on 90 minutes of debate.

Not.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:58:50 PM EDT
[#6]
And so it begins!
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:00:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Man, I went to bed last night all depressed about the debate. Dreading the morning news. Then I get up and I am like WTF?!? The whole world thinks Trump crushed her, they are talking about the BS of the moderator and Trump is apparently on his way to sainthood. He got $13 million in donations since the debate and I bet he will have a big bump in the next polls. Shit, even Michael Moore thinks he won.

So two things. First, there is no panic yet. Secondly, I apparently don't know shit about the sentiment and the mood of the general public. They are 1000 times more Pissed than I already knew them to be.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:04:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Your wife is sadly wrong. Trump won the debate as soon as he said Hiliary has already had 30 years to fix things and was unable to get anything accomplished.
Trump killed it last night.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:05:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Not happening.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:05:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know words & shit.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:06:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Was at Walmart today....shelves full of ammo and nobody waiting in line to buy any.  No panic that I could see.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:08:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I was at Cabela's today. They had an ass-ton of every caliber I cared to look for (except .38 S&W... but come on, who has that.). Even a shelf full of (overpriced IMO ) .22LR!
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Picked up 22lr at walmart today. They had plenty left of everything. Neckbeards that love to start panic threads must be out of money.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:10:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Let's see,
So far I've been pulling for Trump the whole time,
Think Hillary is a corrupt criminal who belongs in jail not the WH,
I've even donated money to Trump, who's got more money than some small countries,

Um yea, I'm gonna switch my vote based on 90 minutes of debate.

Not.
View Quote

Nobody here is going to switch their vote, because they know what's at stake.

Millions of others don't know or care what's at stake, thus they so vote for the person they like.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:11:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
If you do, you know the rules: PICS of said harem!!!

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:12:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I know words & shit.
View Quote

Thanks. Fixed.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:17:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Picked up 22lr at walmart today. They had plenty left of everything. Neckbeards that love to start panic threads must be out of money.
View Quote

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I picked the wrong caliber to neckbeard.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:21:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Not sure I've ever seen a panic run on 40 S&W
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:24:35 PM EDT
[#19]
I have already voted for Trump once but...

I actually considered switching my vote to HRC after listening to him fall apart last night and ramble on... What pissed me off some is that he said he was smart for not paying taxes, then right after the debate when asked about it states that he didn't say it... OMG. How can he say one thing 30 minutes ago and then deny saying it.

I was actually asking myself if there was anyway I could vote for HRC... Will the 2nd Amendment survive HRC? ect...

I talked to a friend at work and I am back on the Trump Train. I keep telling myself, "Supreme Court Justices"

But damn it! He pisses me off all the time.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:25:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Well, I did buy 1000 rds of .22LR yesterday.  So there's that!
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#21]
GD is off its meds again, last night Trump's biggest cheerleaders are in disbelief at how badly he lost, today calm has returned.  It was basically the same shit as the primary debates without the name calling or disagreement on policy.  Trump agrees with Clinton on gun control and Bernie on the economy, they both want to shaft free trade in the ass but there is much consternation that hilldy won't actually do it.  It was typical trump bullshit.  I wanted trump to come out on stage and pop a balloon behind hilldy's head, see if he could send her into convulsions on the floor.  Hillary unfortunately remained upright the whole fucking time, smiling like a psychopath and Trump had a few decent moments and a couple of lines but mostly looked like an ass who had no clue what he was doing.  In other words, it was a let down, Hillary probably 'won' but I don't think it's going to make much difference and Trump didn't completely lose his shit so his followers will still believe that he is the messiah.  Long term, I think if the next two debates go like this Trump is going to need a Mexican isis gang to bomb something in order to win.  Also, I think no matter who wins the country is fucked, thanks retard primary voters.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:27:22 PM EDT
[#22]
All good in my hood.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:28:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Maybe for the kids in GD borrowing moms credit card. Everyone else?no.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:31:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I keep telling myself, "Supreme Court Justices"

View Quote

That's what I told my wife... it's all about the Supreme Court. People say we'll keep the House and Senate, but that doesn't matter if we lose the court for a generation.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:31:43 PM EDT
[#25]
I bought a 40 caliber carbine Friday the first 40 caliber.
Today I stopped and bought 200 rounds of Winchester 40 on sale on the first place I passed.
On the way to breakfast.  South Florida  3 pawnshops on every block.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:32:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have already voted for Trump once but...

I actually considered switching my vote to HRC after listening to him fall apart last night and ramble on... What pissed me off some is that he said he was smart for not paying taxes, then right after the debate when asked about it states that he didn't say it... OMG. How can he say one thing 30 minutes ago and then deny saying it.

I was actually asking myself if there was anyway I could vote for HRC... Will the 2nd Amendment survive HRC? ect...

I talked to a friend at work and I am back on the Trump Train. I keep telling myself, "Supreme Court Justices"

View Quote

Damn you trolls are awful. You should refund your paycheck to whichever Clinton super PAC is paying you.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:35:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Sgammo is still showing same day shipping times. So according to my Deluxe It's Happening Meter(tm) it's not happening.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:38:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Rowr!

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:39:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Honestly?

No.   Not really.   I haven't seen much panic buying at all.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:40:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

This very much but if there is a current or very near future shortage then all I can say is you should have already filled multiple ammo boxes after the Messiah was elected in '08 and if not then in '12.
Sorry,but as they say..........I've got mine!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:46:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I was at Cabela's today. They had every an ass-ton of every caliber I cared to look for (except .38 S&W... but come on, who has that.). Even a shelf full of (overpriced IMO ) .22LR!
View Quote

Shit during the last panic all my Cabela's had was 38S&W in stock.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:00:03 PM EDT
[#32]
If you have not accumulated many thousands of rounds of ammo or components in these recent months, you have done fucked up.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:00:06 PM EDT
[#33]

my kitty QA inspector:

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:06:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:11:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I was at Cabela's today. They had every an ass-ton of every caliber I cared to look for (except .38 S&W... but come on, who has that.). Even a shelf full of (overpriced IMO ) .22LR!
View Quote

When the shelves look like this:

Then it's happening.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:17:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Oh look another Chicken little thread in GD. How original
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:20:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:31:23 PM EDT
[#38]
I can't believe I actually walked away from CCI 22lr Mini mag HP's for $8.79 at Bass Pro today.a couple of months ago I would have cleaned the shelf as the mini HP's were impossible to find at a decent price. I decided I have enough for now and will spend the $ elsewhere.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:34:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only if it's haram. halal-or-haram
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:38:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Fact: Arfcom is 87% responsible for all panic buys.

Also Fact: I hate you all.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Most of the people I talked with about it thought it was basically a draw. Hitlery came off like a condescending wooden Indian programmed to parrot focus-group-tested soundbytes on command. Trump missed some golden opportunities to knock it out of the park. I thought the whole "I'll release my tax returns, against the advice of my attorneys, just as soon as Hillary releases the 33,000 e-mails." scored yuuuge. Yeah, I think Trump could have done better, but he did well enough not to stall his upward momentum. I suspect he'll be a little bit more ready next time. I also think Hitlery shot her wad with all the phony "facts" about Trump that didn't stick. His team will also agree to a better moderator. Trump may think he can handle any presstitute, but the fact is that having a left-wing loon asking Trump pointed/biased questions and asking Hitlery fashion advice is just stupid. Get someone you can trust or is on your side. If the other side won't agree, screw them!

ETA: Haven't seen any ammo panic. Went by WallyWorld and they had 200rd. 45 packs that they've been out of for a while.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:57:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:02:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Things are just recently getting back to something close to normal.

Why even start yet another "Ammo shortage" thread when it's not real?
View Quote

Duh, because it's GD and it's fun!

Not a panic buy but I did get some imi 556.  Have a rifle class in three week.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:06:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:09:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Not happening.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:37:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Turmp's "performance" built this.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:06:52 PM EDT
[#47]
There were still pallets full of ammo at work today.

And fairly priced.

If Trump looked like a beaten child at the end of the debate last night, it would've been different.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:13:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's spelled Harambe.  Now get your dick out.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:14:04 PM EDT
[#49]

This funny pic is sponsored by a member of Jimmy Carter's administration.

Literally.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:15:16 PM EDT
[#50]

"Panic" is a word that I associate with cowards.

Why do so many people in GD feel that it is necessary to seek some sort of validation in their belief that the sky is constantly falling?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top