Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/26/2016 5:15:15 PM EDT
Does Philippine President Duterte think before he opens his mouth?

He now wants to be allies with China and Russia and is ready to cut himself "free" from the US? Did he forget that China is laying claim to massive amounts of his country's exclusive economic zone and we are their primary defenders? Never Go Full Retard, let's see how this turns out for you?

Calling the POTUS the "son of a whore" regardless of what you think about the current man in the office, is not something we as Americans can accept with a smile, even if Duterte did apologize? Obama cancelled talks in response

Then he said he wanted US SF to abandon OEF-P and get out of Mindinao? Link

Nevermind the extrajudicial killing of thousands in a war on drugs where you are invited to kill anyone you think is involved.  Turns out this guy used to have his own personal deaths squads when he was the Mayor of Davao! He has elected senators hiding in fear of their lives.

What a lunatic!

Meanwhile, the economic chaos this guy's mercurial politics have spawned resulted in the Philippine Peso being at its worse exchange since 2009 and S&P is threatening to cut their credit rating!
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:18:59 PM EDT
[#1]
There goes libo in PACRIM
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:21:33 PM EDT
[#2]
This looks like a job for SuperTrump....
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:24:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Trump also has a lack of a filter between his brain and his mouth...
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:26:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like Venezuela of the Pacific
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:26:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...as well as a winning strategy.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:27:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:28:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Good thing Obama and Clinton did a "pivot" to the Pacific.  You know, after that wholly successful Russian reset button thing.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:29:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Asia For Asians
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:00:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Buncha turds here think he's a great president, too.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:04:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Every Filipino I've spoken to loves Duterte and supports his crusade against the drug dealers.  That entire country is corrupt, and every President since Marcos has been running on ending corruption and rooting out the drug dealers, he's the only one who's actually doing something about it.  

I say we butt out of it, leave them alone to clean house, it is their house.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:04:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like we better start some wars and shit then, no one is allowed to say bad things about murica!
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:06:08 PM EDT
[#12]
"Don't make me have to come over there again"

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:07:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Commie China, or Commie Hillary, which is better for the Philippines?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

https://sofrep.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/douglas-macarthur-905x771.jpg
View Quote

That isn't going to happen again.

This time the Filipinos are getting what they want, good and hard, without a parole or reprieve.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:12:29 PM EDT
[#15]
If they want to pivot to China and Russia, let 'em.

The Filipines has a history of making really really bad decisions....repeatedly. This is nothing new, in 10 to 20 years they will be begging to get let back into the freedom club after little Chinese boots are firmly planted on their necks.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:17:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Calling the POTUS the "son of a whore" regardless of what you think about the current man in the office, is not something we as Americans can accept with a smile, even if Duterte did apologize?

View Quote

I think Obama is a "son of a whore" and a whole bunch of other things I can't repeat here. I can accept that with a smile and I won't apologize either. I hope the smoking kills his ass early and I can piss on his grave.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:18:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Let someone else hand them money and then let them deal with the arsefvcking they will get. Not like many countries we hand hundreds of millions of dollars to are grateful or thankful for US dollars.

And yes, Obama has certainly done a bang up job of making everyone love and respect the US.............
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:22:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I went to his funeral in Norfolk. Waited in the rain to see him lying in state. Got to meet his wife. If you ever visit the Tidewater area go to his museum and then you can walk a few blocks to visit the Wisconsin.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think you meant to post a picture of his father, Arthur MacArthur, Military Governor of the Philippines
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Good thing Obama and Clinton did a "pivot" to the Pacific.  You know, after that wholly successful Russian reset button thing.
View Quote

Who have these people not pissed off?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

That would not be good for the US... or Japan/Taiwan/Malaysia/Vietnam/Signapore/Indonesia/Brunei/South Korea/etc
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:35:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That would not be good for the US... or Japan/Taiwan/Malaysia/Vietnam/Signapore/Indonesia/Brunei/South Korea/etc
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At this point in the state of US foreign relations, what does it matter anymore? The US has been neutered and Russia/China are holding the balls.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:38:42 PM EDT
[#23]
If the Philippines break ties with us, there will be a major shortage of nurses in southern California.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:40:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Expect an assassination attempt.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:42:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh, the guy that got his ass kicked and ran away.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:46:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Sounds like China has the man they want in office there.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Every Filipino I've spoken to loves Duterte and supports his crusade against the drug dealers.  That entire country is corrupt, and every President since Marcos has been running on ending corruption and rooting out the drug dealers, he's the only one who's actually doing something about it.  

View Quote

Exactly. Sounds like FBHO is on the side of the drug dealers in that one .

Assuming the previous presidents had State Department's blessing, looks like they blessed the wrong people, and now locals no longer support pro-American candidates.

Top Men.

EDIT: Happened in lotsa places really - foreign interests support the candidate that is most beneficial to THEM, i.e. sells his country the cheapest.
The locals, in turn, blame the Quisling and his masters for everything and anything.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:54:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If the Philippines break ties with us, there will be a major shortage of nurses in southern California.
View Quote

They make up ~20% of CAs RN workforce, over 100K.

Phlippines trains about 80K new RNs per year and sends 10-20K to the US each year.

Oh yea they send money back home! They make 20x the $ in the US than they would as a RN at home.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:55:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Let someone else hand them money and then let them deal with the arsefvcking they will get. Not like many countries we hand hundreds of millions of dollars to are grateful or thankful for US dollars.

And yes, Obama has certainly done a bang up job of making everyone love and respect the US.............
View Quote

Looks like someone is getting to the root of the issue. The entire west is committing suicide and the US will do nothing to prevent China from taking everything they want in SE Asia. He probably realizes it and would rather play ball with his soon to be overlords.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Maybe China promised to "give back" the Philippines EEZ that they stole if they switch sides, but I think it is far more likely that Ducherte is a thin skinned reactionary emotional murderous twit with a penchant for demagoguery.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:05:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Compared to Ours, yeah I would think so.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:11:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well it's third world so you can't always trust their stats but he's almost unanimously loved over there even after his war on drugs.

Sounds like he took their version of Chicago and basically killed off all the drug dealers and made it a safe town for everyone.

Article below citing his 91% approval rating;

Meanwhile, the immense popularity of Duterte's crusade and a climate of fear whipped up by the bloodletting have together silenced dissent from civil society. Hardly anyone turned up at candlelight vigils in Manila recently to protest against extrajudicial killings.

Even as the death toll rose, a July poll by Pulse Asia put Duterte's approval rating at 91 percent.

Anxious reminders by the Catholic Church of the commandment 'thou shalt not kill' make few headlines in the predominantly Catholic country, with newspapers preferring to carry breathless accounts of the latest slayings.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/04/as-bodies-pile-up-in-philippines-many-fear-to-talk-about-dutertes-war.html
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#33]
I told you he was an idiot on par with Obama.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:18:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

You can compare him to an idiot but he seems pretty far from Obama.

One of them is expanding welfare programs for FSA drug addicts and the other one is systematically killing them. Both wrong but hardly the same.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

A "pivot" was necessary. Execution has not been the best. This problem is due to internal politics of the Philippines. We should have just kept them as a colony. Certainly should not have given up our sovereign base areas.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:21:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The Filipines has a history of making really really bad decisions....repeatedly. This is nothing new, in 10 to 20 years they will be begging to get let back into the freedom club after little Chinese boots are firmly planted on their necks.
View Quote

It's contrary to our interests and those of our allies, so no, we shouldn't just stand by. If need be, we should indicate to their military that relations would not be harmed if they had a coup.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

At this point in the state of US foreign relations, what does it matter anymore? The US has been neutered and Russia/China are holding the balls.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It matters because we need to reverse course, and making things worse is no cure to anything.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:22:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

He now wants to be allies with China and Russia and is ready to cut himself "free" from the US? Did he forget that China is laying claim to massive amounts of his country's exclusive economic zone and we are their primary defenders? Never Go Full Retard, let's see how this turns out for you?

Calling the POTUS the "son of a whore" regardless of what you think about the current man in the office, is not something we as Americans can accept with a smile, even if Duterte did apologize? Obama cancelled talks in response

Nevermind the extrajudicial killing of thousands in a war on drugs where you are invited to kill anyone you think is involved.  Turns out this guy used to have his own personal deaths squads when he was the Mayor of Davao! He has elected senators hiding in fear of their lives.

What a lunatic!

Meanwhile, the economic chaos this guy's mercurial politics have spawned resulted in the Philippine Peso being at its worse exchange since 2009 and S&P is threatening to cut their credit rating!
View Quote

Can't speak to any of the other issues, but FBHO IS the son of a whore.  That bitch spread 'em for anything with a black dick and a commie ideology.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:23:06 PM EDT
[#39]
....and Time to boycott filipino guns.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:24:01 PM EDT
[#40]
That's a lot of whining in a single OP. He called Obama what he is and I tip my hat to him for doing so, and he's one of the few actually tackling the issue of drug dealers within his nation. We can puff our chests about it all day but it's painfully obvious that Obama has damaged our prestige to the point that a pissant country is calling our President a "son of a whore."
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:25:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It's contrary to our interests and those of our allies, so no, we shouldn't just stand by. If need be, we should indicate to their military that relations would not be harmed if they had a coup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's no way that thatcould possibly blow up in our faces.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

One of them is expanding welfare programs for FSA drug addicts and the other one is systematically killing them. Both wrong but hardly the same.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You can be a drooling retard on any side of politics.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:31:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not aware of anyone making such a claim. Could backfire, but the military may make such a move anyways if he keeps going down this path and doing nothing certainly isn't going to help us.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:32:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

100% guaranteed that Duerte is only killing dealers to replace them with his own.

And there's no doubt he is taking cash from the Chinese to look the other way as they steal territory from the Filipinos.

Duerte is another Noriega.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:32:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
That's a lot of whining in a single OP. He called Obama what he is and I tip my hat to him for doing so, and he's one of the few actually tackling the issue of drug dealers within his nation.
View Quote

You are down with the summary executions? Shall I address you as Kommisar or Reichmarshal?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:33:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:36:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

A.W.D.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A.W.D.
that winning strategy probably involves giving some allied countries back to China Russia.  Easter europe to the huskies and Taiwan to China just to get them to wipe out Isis.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:39:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:43:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:44:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

What a lunatic!

View Quote

Did the bad president man make you feel bad?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top