Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 8/25/2016 1:52:56 PM EDT
Glocks are the best handguns. Glocks are highly reliable, even under extreme conditions and abuse. They are highly effective options for personal defense or law enforcement right out of the box, but there are also an almost infinite variety of options to customize your Glock. There are also many options available in terms of both caliber, size and capacity. Highly reliable factory magazines for Glock pistols are readily available and low cost. Glock pistols are also very competitively priced when compared to competitors from other manufacturers. If you want to own or recommend a handgun to someone, then Glock is the best choice.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:53:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Gaston, is that you?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:55:06 PM EDT
[#2]
In before all the Glock hate.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:57:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Glocks are the best handguns. Glocks are highly reliable, even under extreme conditions and abuse. They are highly effective options for personal defense or law enforcement right out of the box, but there are also an almost infinite variety of options to customize your Glock. There are also many options available in terms of both caliber, size and capacity. Highly reliable factory magazines for Glock pistols are readily available and low cost. Glock pistols are also very competitively priced when compared to competitors from other manufacturers. If you want to own or recommend a handgun to someone, then Glock is the best choice.
View Quote

You forgot, "all pistols should be Glocks and all Glocks should be Glock 19s".
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:06:21 PM EDT
[#4]
A Glock is the best gun a "non-gun" person can buy.

Buy it, load it up, forget about it, shoot it some, forget about it more, etc. and it'll basically just run, and you can always find accessories for them easily. My dad still has never cleaned either of his yet they always work.

I prefer HK's, but I keep a G19 in the truck all the time, and there's still days where I just prefer to carry one of my Glocks instead. If HK wasn't around I'd basically have mostly Glocks.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:11:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:12:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Glock 17 is the best Glock.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:15:05 PM EDT
[#7]
All Hail the Glock!
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:15:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Subscribed.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:16:35 PM EDT
[#9]
They are the best.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:17:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I love my Glock for sure.
But many people have a tough time with the trigger and brick like ergonomics.
Seems to work best with over sized hands like mine.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:18:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Can't stand them.  They are horrible, horrible things.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BAN HIM!!!! BAN THE WITCH!!!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:18:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:19:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I like my Glock, but it's not the best gun there ever was.

If I could afford one of those MARSOC 1911's I would probably carry that.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:22:46 PM EDT
[#14]

More like:

Versatile, reliable, huge aftermarket, standardized, very popular, holds their value well, not fancy unless you want it to be.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:24:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Nut hugging thread is nut hugging.

I'll take my FN FNS over a Glock; feels better in the hand, reliable, and better trigger. Oh, and the sights won't break if you look at them wrong.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:24:29 PM EDT
[#16]
In b4 GSL.

Love my 19 and 43. I'm about to sneak off to the range and put a couple hundred rounds through the 43 here in a bit.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:25:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'll take my FN FNS over a Glock; feels better in the hand, reliable, and better trigger. Oh, and the sights won't break if you look at them wrong.

View Quote

Have you ever seen the standard glock sights break?  That is a made up gun magazine/forum issue.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:25:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Buy it, load it up, forget about it, shoot it some, forget about it more, etc. and it'll basically just run, and you can always find accessories for them easily. My dad still has never cleaned either of his yet they always work.

I prefer HK's, but I keep a G19 in the truck all the time, and there's still days where I just prefer to carry one of my Glocks instead. If HK wasn't around I'd basically have mostly Glocks.
View Quote

I'm down to HKs and glocks right now........ gonna trade my vp9 in on a shiny new all grey gen 4 17 next month......
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:26:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I hate stock sights - all of them. Any pistol I've ever owned - Sig, H&K, M&P, Glock - I've always replaced the sights almost immediately with night sights by Ameriglo or Trijicon.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:26:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pretty much everyone in the game does polymer striker-fired "DAO" at least as well as GLOCK now.  It's not 1987 anymore.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:26:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:27:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote

If someone wants to pay three times as much for a heavier, lower capacity handgun then that is their call. I also own a few big, heavy, high priced handguns. I wouldn't want to shoot someone with one of them unless I had to though because I'd be pissed if they were stuck in a police evidence locker for 6 months until they close the case and decide to give me my gun back. Take me Glock away? OK, I'll be miffed, but I'll go get the other one out of the safe and buy another one as a backup. Fuck it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

You'll shoot your eye out kid.  Ho, Ho, Ho!

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

C'mon, you know that down deep you really hate them too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BAN HIM!!!! BAN THE WITCH!!!!

C'mon, you know that down deep you really hate them too.

I do hate that Glock will not make me a lever Euro style mag release.  

I also believe in diversity...... I may own 15 Glocks but I do have a very wide range of other pistols.  (CZ, Sig, Walther, HK, S&W, 1911's etc)
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:30:22 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I was tempted to put 'I don't think a 1911 is a very good present'.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:30:46 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Have you ever seen the standard glock sights break?  That is a made up gun magazine/forum issue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've seen enough reports of it to believe that it has happened many times. I've also seen enough Glock owners swap theirs out, so to at least some extent, they believe it as well.

Where Glock beats all others is marketing, and small parts/magazine availability.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:31:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

actually I've seen the rear break/snap/shear off when using the sight to rack the slide off the belt during some one handed reload drills....

All a stock Glock needs is some good steel night sights...

Like a jap made toyota truck...they are boringly reliable
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:32:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

If someone wants to pay three times as much for a heavier, lower capacity handgun then that is their call. I also own a few big, heavy, high priced handguns. I wouldn't want to shoot someone with one of them unless I had to though because I'd be pissed if they were stuck in a police evidence locker for 6 months until they close the case and decide to give me my gun back. Take me Glock away? OK, I'll be miffed, but I'll go get the other one out of the safe and buy another one as a backup. Fuck it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny you mention that. I do that.

I carry my 1911 daily. If I'm going somewhere that's a shitty area, or late at night, G17 comes.

Exact reasoning. Give me my damn 1911 back!

"Cool. Let me know when I can pick up my Glock." (Buy new G17 one hour later.)

Love the 1911 too much to not carry it, but if there's increased risk, I go G17.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:33:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL.  Glad you caught the reference.  I own several Glocks, great guns they are.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:33:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Pretty much everyone in the game does polymer striker-fired "DAO" at least as well as GLOCK now.  It's not 1987 anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct,  Glock has done so well that everyone is making them now.....
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:34:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Right now I am on an H&K LEM kick, but Glock has been the gold standard for a long time now.  When someone who is new to defensive shooting asks me what pistol they should get, I always tell them to buy a Glock 19 without hesitation.  Ultra reliable.  Very good trigger.  Reasonably priced.  Good to go.  "How it feels in my hand" is something newbs obsess over.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:36:48 PM EDT
[#32]
I agree.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:38:09 PM EDT
[#33]
I waiting for the new Automag to work out ...fingers crossed...
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:38:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I carry my 1911 daily. If I'm going somewhere that's a shitty area, or late at night, G17 comes.

Love the 1911 too much to not carry it, but if there's increased risk, I go G17.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My crystal ball is too cloudy for me to determine  when I'm going to really need a gun vs. carrying a specific gun for the love of carrying that specific gun....so I carry a Glock all the time...
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:41:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I've seen enough reports of it to believe that it has happened many times. I've also seen enough Glock owners swap theirs out, so to at least some extent, they believe it as well.

Where Glock beats all others is marketing, and small parts/magazine availability.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine came with the tritium night sights but I changed them out for Ameriglo I-Dots.  Did I do that because I was afraid the stock sights were going to break?  Is there a different reason why someone would change out their sights?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:45:21 PM EDT
[#36]
I can't figure out why anyone bothers making other guns any more.
Glock defines perfection.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:47:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Mine came with the tritium night sights but I changed them out for Ameriglo I-Dots.  Did I do that because I was afraid the stock sights were going to break?  Is there a different reason why someone would change out their sights?
View Quote

The plastic GLOCK sight do indeed suck.  I used to sell G19s and G17s to an overseas contractor a bunch at a time, and way too often the front sight would be rattling around in the factory-sealed case because it fell out.  Easy fix, sure... but I still don't get it.  You build a gun that's pretty much bombproof and then use flimsy plastic that pops out at the slightest provocation for sights?  

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:50:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The plastic GLOCK sight do indeed suck.  I used to sell G19s and G17s to an overseas contractor a bunch at a time, and way too often the front sight would be rattling around in the factory-sealed case because it fell out.  Easy fix, sure... but I still don't get it.  You build a gun that's pretty much bombproof and then use flimsy plastic that pops out at the slightest provocation for sights?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will capitulate and agree that the plastic sights do suck.  They should dump them and just put the 3 dot tritiums on all of them. I wonder if they could pull that off without it affecting cost too much.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:53:06 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I can't figure out why anyone bothers making other guns any more.

View Quote

Yea, that's why there have been 5 generations!

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:54:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

The stock plastic NON night sights are the issue....not the factory steel night sights.....

The vast majority of Glock owners will never have an issue with them failing,  but if you actually carry your Glock for self defense it is..

#1 smart to have quality night sights, factory or otherwise....because finding you front sight is important in all lighting conditions...

#2 smart to have a robust set of steel sights on your firearm that will better resist shearing/breaking

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:56:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

They sure used to....until they fucked with the program and tried to satisfy the 'grip angle' and 'it dont fit my hand' nancyboys....

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:57:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

My crystal ball is too cloudy for me to determine  when I'm going to really need a gun vs. carrying a specific gun for the love of carrying that specific gun....so I carry a Glock all the time...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me either, but I love my SA 1911 too much and shoot it too well for it to stay home.

I'm sure with my luck it'll be 1911 day if I need it, and I'll be pissed. (But alive)
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:58:55 PM EDT
[#43]
OK.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:59:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I will capitulate and agree that the plastic sights do suck.  They should dump them and just put the 3 dot tritiums on all of them. I wonder if they could pull that off without it affecting cost too much.
View Quote

thats the rub....it's a pure cost saving measure...they have the factory NS option for those that want it.....I'd rather not see costs increase too much myself...
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:59:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Agreed and in before all the butt hurt and feels.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:00:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Enough said

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:00:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

They sure used to....until they fucked with the program and tried to satisfy the 'grip angle' and 'it dont fit my hand' nancyboys....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Truth.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:01:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

I describe them as "The Honda Accord of Guns".

The Accord isn't flashy, you're not going to take it to any car shows or to the drag strip.... But if you need a car that's going to do 99% of the shit you need a car to do day-in and day-out and do so reliably with basic maintinence you can go down and buy and Accord, stick the key in and be fairly assured it will do it.

That's what Glocks do.  I don't even particularly care for them that much or shoot them particularly well as opposed to other guns but if you dropped me anywhere in the world to do a security detail with a G19 four mags and a box of HST, I'd feel pretty good about it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#49]
We're damn lucky Gaston was not designing Glocks and other weapons for the damn nazis....

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:02:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Not sure if trolling...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top