Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/24/2016 9:10:49 PM EDT
So, I had a little extra cash this week, and a bit of free time so I thought I would spend it relaxing with the PS4, so I go get myself some new games.  I am not interested in multiplayer, I haven't been for about 10 years, I rage quit the entire idea, I got tired of the constant cheating, shit talking horrible playing Dutch 12 year olds, class hording, camping, bunny hopping, grenade spamming, lack of team play and just general bullshit.  I also have no one I know to really play with so its just a really frustrating solo experience.  I HATE multiplayer.  So the first thing I do when I pick up a game is to see if it is an actual GAME, I.E. Did the developer include a single player mode, or are they just lazy asses who created yet another multiplayer only freeforall shitfest with no story, thought, or creativity whatsoever.  If it says multiplayer only I don't buy it, I just cuss under my breath, lament that it is a waste and move on to the next one.

What pisses me off, what sends me into searing, ranting rage, is when some asshat developer creates a multiplayer only game and tries to fool people like me, who want single player campaign games, not mutiplayer crap into buying it by clearly labling the damned package simgle player, and by portraying it as single player in the ads, etc. when in reality its "single player" is just some fucked up half ass tutorial or multiplayer with bots.  If I wanted a fucking multiplayer game I'd habe fucking bought one jackasses!  To me this is blatemt false advertising, and a scam.

Once upon a time this geat looking World War 2 shooter game came out, looked a lot like Medal Of Honer which was great, so I nought it only to find out that it was muktiplayer only garbage with a half ass "single player considting of bots on a multiplayer map.  I flew into a rage and swore off not just that game but the entire fucking franchise for ever, fuck them.  The game was Battlefield 1942.  That is the last and only game of the Bagtlefield franchise I have played and the only one I will ever play.  I have heard that later versions do have single player and the new World War 1 one looks awsome but I don't trust them.  Fuck them, fuck Battlefield, I hope they choke on a dick.

Fast forward to today, there are two games which I have heard good things about, they had awsome trailers and I have had them simmering on the back burner on my want list for quite some time now, but didn't really give it much thought, especially since they were both kindof pricey games.  But today I see them both, and they are both about half off, $60 for the both of them, two for the price of one.  I hurriedly bought them and eagerly took them home to play only to find out that guess what?  They are BOTH fucking multiplayer only shit fests with fake single player, one even requires a comstant internet connection.  They are clearly labled as having single player modes, but no, just a shitty multiplayer only crap fest, and it gets better, upon further review one of them even has the same development team as fucking Battlfoeld 1942, they are up to the same fucking scamming bullshit.  The games are Star Wars Battlefront (Battlefield 1942 in space), and The Division.

Fuck them, fuck their developers, I am through with them, and their whole damn franchise.  I hear Star Wars Battlefront 2 is supposed to have a true single player, but fuck them, they have lost me forever as a customer, fucking scam artist fucks.

Think Best Buy will take these crap games back?  I am tempted to snap them in fucking two.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:13:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have a GF or wife?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:13:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I won a Medal of Homer in heavy fighting around Margaret Cho.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:14:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

To hell with that, has OP left Mom's basement?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:14:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Medal of Homer....is that like a Duff beer drinking contest?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:15:20 PM EDT
[#5]
"Wasted"
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:15:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a wife. She's cool enough to play videogames with me, and encourages me to buy guns and such. Playing videogames doesn't necessarily mean you're a basement dweller.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:15:55 PM EDT
[#7]
In before the grammar police

**Beat by 35 seconds
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:16:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

You know what, if it wasn't for sex, I would totally just be glad not to have either.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:17:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Shoulda spent your money on a hooker and blow.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:17:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like you suck at multi-player, and instead of enjoying it for the fun that it is, you wrote a properly formatted hissyfit.

n00b.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:18:22 PM EDT
[#11]
ETA: NM.,. I missread

ETA 2: Yea any one could have told you battle front and the division were multi player.

Want a get your moneys worth Single player game? Go buy fallout 3, new vegas, and 4.. You will seriously end your fucking marriage over that fucking game.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:21:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Eh, he's got a point.  Btw I'm nearly 40, married, and will game for the rest of my life.  Remember playing pong on a 8 inch screen.  Op if you have a comp get on and play some MechWarrior online.  No shit talking and most are older folks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:21:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, I nought it years ago, I used it as an example of the bullshit I am describing, shitty multiplayer only games pretending to be single player.

The games I bought were Star Wars Battlefront, and The Division.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:22:03 PM EDT
[#14]
You know you could have Googled them and found they are predominantly multiplayer focused
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:22:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Git gud and stop sucking at multiplayer
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:23:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Mad cuz bad
Play on PC like an adult and avoid the kids
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:23:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No, I nought it years ago, I used it as an example of the bullshit I am describing, shitty multiplayer only games pretending to be single player.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea i missread.. See my edits  

BTW, i feel ya on multi player. I used to play but i dont have the time required to get good and i hate getting owned and shit talked by a 12 year old. Thats just not my idea of a good time.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:23:18 PM EDT
[#18]
I liked The Division, and am looking forward to battlefield 1, that'll have a single player campaign as far as I know.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:23:21 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm the same way. My PS4 isn't even hooked up to the WIFI. The idea of playing online with a bunch of strangers and shit has never appealed to me.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:23:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Wasted. You need a Louisiana education, sir.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:24:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

That sounds pretty cool, but would probably be multiplayer and piss off OP.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:24:42 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm sure EA and DICE will go bankrupt any day now.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:24:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I liked The Division, and am looking forward to battlefield 1, that'll have a single player campaign as far as I know.
View Quote

Doubt it will have much. BF Bad Company i think had the longest BF campaign.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:25:31 PM EDT
[#24]
You can play the division by yourself for just about everything. Just have to be connected to the Internet for it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:26:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Wow...even I've broken down and finally decided to play games that require online multiplayer. Frankly, those very two games you yourself are bitching about. Dude, either suck it up and get with the times or sell your PS4 and buy some pogs or Connect 4 or something.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:26:55 PM EDT
[#26]
The division is coop. You can also play solo through the story mode.

There is only one place in the entire game where other players can shoot you and it's a clearly marked red zone that lets you know you're about to enter the no-no zone.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:27:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hell yeah...I was sold when I saw the biplanes.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:27:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Moooom!

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:27:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:27:59 PM EDT
[#30]
How in the blue waffle fuck of the internet did you not know the division wasn't multiplayer ?

and really for the matter not know it gargles monkey balls

It's honestly one of the worst games EA has released
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:28:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The division is coop. You can also play solo through the story mode.

There is only one place in the entire game where other players can shoot you and it's a clearly marked red zone that lets you know you're about to enter the no-no zone.

View Quote

Cool...thanks for the heads up. I just picked up the Division a little bit ago
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:28:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Sounds like you suck at multi-player, and instead of enjoying it for the fun that it is, you wrote a properly formatted hissyfit.

n00b.
View Quote

No I got tired of a cheater on every server, I can't enjoy a game when there are cheating assholes no clipping through walls and using aim bots.  Then the rest of its time it's bunny hopping ass hats, grenade spammers, team killers, class hogs, campers, and shit talking Dutch 12 year olds that are the worst fucking players ever.  Do YOU like playing the game when the other guy is cheating?

I quite multiplayer shortly after Punk Buster launched and didn't work worth a shit, it was just when voice chat was becoming a thing.

Even if it wasn't for the bullshit, multiplayer is just not that interesting to me, it is just repetitive and once you have played one you have pretty much played them all.  I like a stlry to my games, an objective.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:31:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:31:41 PM EDT
[#34]
I did, that is where I had the problems, console games didn't even have internet back then for the most part.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:32:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Actually, the other Battlefields have an awesome single player. BF3 was my favorite, and I actually played it online a few times but it wasn't for me.

Sounds like you just need to get better at Online games, because single player is on the way out.

Get Fallout 4.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:33:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Star Wars Battlefront and The Division?

60 seconds of research would have told you those are both multiplayer centered games.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:33:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

No I got tired of a cheater on every server, I can't enjoy a game when there are cheating assholes no clipping through walls and using aim bots.  Then the rest of its time it's bunny hopping ass hats, grenade spammers, team killers, class hogs, campers, and shit talking Dutch 12 year olds that are the worst fucking players ever.  Do YOU like playing the game when the other guy is cheating?

I quite multiplayer shortly after Punk Buster launched and didn't work worth a shit, it was just when voice chat was becoming a thing.

Even if it wasn't for the bullshit, multiplayer is just not that interesting to me, it is just repetitive and once you have played one you have pretty much played them all.  I like a stlry to my games, an objective.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

n00b.

I haven't run into cheaters since the very early 00's on PCs, Valve did a lot for that.  I don't think I can pin point any cheaters on BF4, other than the rare time someone uses a bug exploit.

But hey man, it's more fun to bitch than it is to get marginal. I have a .45 K/D and I'm not too worried about it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:35:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nah, nuke plant operator of the year.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:35:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Take them back and pick up Wolfenstein the new order and Doom. Next time OP google the games first.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:35:58 PM EDT
[#40]
the videogame industry is the biggest scam that there is.

they show commercials for the game, but it doesnt actually show any gameplay, it shows the video crap between levels, and all kinds of other shit, except the actual game being played.

then once you buy it and open it, you cant return it.

i cant imagine any other industry where you can falsely advertise something, then once you make the sale, you wont let them take it back.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#41]
OP Sorry to inform you, but EA and DICE have been shit for a long time. The Battlefield games have always been multiplayer focused since 1942. They have gotten worse with releasing DLC and having f'ed up coding that has ruined a lot of people's multiplayer experience. Yet they keep coming back and buying the same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over....

In the past Battlefield 1 would have been a mod. Its just a re-skin of the other battlefield games. But now its a full blown $60 with another $60 DLC. If you want a good single player FPS look for:

Fallout Series

STALKER

FEAR 1 or 2

Bioshock & System Shock

DOOM

Far Cry (if you like this kind of game)

Half Life Series

Wolfenstein Series

Alien Isolation

COD 1

Brothers In Arms Series

Borderlands Series

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:39:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I haven't run into cheaters since the very early 00's on PCs, Valve did a lot for that.  I don't think I can pin point any cheaters on BF4, other than the rare time someone uses a bug exploit.

But hey man, it's more fun to bitch than it is to get marginal. I have a .45 K/D and I'm not too worried about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

n00b.

Guess when I last played multiplayer regularly...  I have not looked back.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:40:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
So, I had a little extra cash this week, and a bit of free time so I thought I would spend it relaxing with the PS4, so I go get myself some new games.  I am not interested in multiplayer, I haven't been for about 10 years, I rage quit the entire idea, I got tired of the constant cheating, shit talking horrible playing Dutch 12 year olds, class hording, camping, bunny hopping, grenade spamming, lack of team play and just general bullshit.  I also have no one I know to really play with so its just a really frustrating solo experience.  I HATE multiplayer.  So the first thing I do when I pick up a game is to see if it is an actual GAME, I.E. Did the developer include a single player mode, or are they just lazy asses who created yet another multiplayer only freeforall shitfest with no story, thought, or creativity whatsoever.  If it says multiplayer only I don't buy it, I just cuss under my breath, lament that it is a waste and move on to the next one.

What pisses me off, what sends me into searing, ranting rage, is when some asshat developer creates a multiplayer only game and tries to fool people like me, who want single player campaign games, not mutiplayer crap into buying it by clearly labling the damned package simgle player, and by portraying it as single player in the ads, etc. when in reality its "single player" is just some fucked up half ass tutorial or multiplayer with bots.  If I wanted a fucking multiplayer game I'd habe fucking bought one jackasses!  To me this is blatemt false advertising, and a scam.

Once upon a time this geat looking World War 2 shooter game came out, looked a lot like Medal Of Honer which was great, so I nought it only to find out that it was muktiplayer only garbage with a half ass "single player considting of bots on a multiplayer map.  I flew into a rage and swore off not just that game but the entire fucking franchise for ever, fuck them.  The game was Battlefield 1942.  That is the last and only game of the Bagtlefield franchise I have played and the only one I will ever play.  I have heard that later versions do have single player and the new World War 1 one looks awsome but I don't trust them.  Fuck them, fuck Battlefield, I hope they choke on a dick.

Fast forward to today, there are two games which I have heard good things about, they had awsome trailers and I have had them simmering on the back burner on my want list for quite some time now, but didn't really give it much thought, especially since they were both kindof pricey games.  But today I see them both, and they are both about half off, $60 for the both of them, two for the price of one.  I hurriedly bought them and eagerly took them home to play only to find out that guess what?  They are BOTH fucking multiplayer only shit fests with fake single player, one even requires a comstant internet connection.  They are clearly labled as having single player modes, but no, just a shitty multiplayer only crap fest, and it gets better, upon further review one of them even has the same development team as fucking Battlfoeld 1942, they are up to the same fucking scamming bullshit.  The games are Star Wars Battlefront (Battlefield 1942 in space), and The Division.

Fuck them, fuck their developers, I am through with them, and their whole damn franchise.  I hear Star Wars Battlefront 2 is supposed to have a true single player, but fuck them, they have lost me forever as a customer, fucking scam artist fucks.

Think Best Buy will take these crap games back?  I am tempted to snap them in fucking two.
View Quote

TLDR. Is it a game geek crying about  shitty game?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:42:47 PM EDT
[#44]
This is what you seek OP:

you are welcome, i will gladly accept a PMAG for my efforts.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:43:20 PM EDT
[#45]
take them back??  have you played fallout 4? bioshock series? etc games that have no multiplayer whatsoever?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:43:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Guess when I last played multiplayer regularly...  I have not looked back.
View Quote

Technology improved.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:53:00 PM EDT
[#47]
I've played all the battlefield series up till hardline(which should have been a dlc). I'm probably 1 of the few not looking forward to bf1.   As far as single player goes, I'd say bf3 was really good and then bfbc2/bf4.  I just started division and it's pretty good. Have u tried fallout?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:00:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
OP Sorry to inform you, but EA and DICE have been shit for a long time. The Battlefield games have always been multiplayer focused since 1942. They have gotten worse with releasing DLC and having f'ed up coding that has ruined a lot of people's multiplayer experience. Yet they keep coming back and buying the same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over....

In the past Battlefield 1 would have been a mod. Its just a re-skin of the other battlefield games. But now its a full blown $60 with another $60 DLC. If you want a good single player FPS look for:

Fallout Series Awsome, can't wait for the next one, Fallout games pretty much take over my life for months when they come out.
STALKER Played it when it first came out, great comcept but I wasn't a fan of the severely limited ammo, and at the time it was very buggy, stopped playing it and lost interest, might try again someday
FEAR 1 or 2 on my list, but a bit dated now
Bioshock & System Shock Tried the first few bioshocks, decent game but it got a little silly and repetitive in the last one I played (the one before Infinite) and I kind of lost interest and never finished it, I would like to try the others though, just have not gotten around to it yet, never tried system shock
DOOM I last played that in the late 90's, decent, but the remakes/sequels just never looked that interesting to me
Far Cry (if you like this kind of game) never tried it, I might if I could find a rental, not really on the top of my list though
Half Life Series Awsomeness squared, they desperately need to make a new one, as it stands I have played all the way through the others already and it is getting quite dated
Wolfenstein Series meh, maybe, I have tried a few of them, never that impressed
Alien Isolation tried it once, great psychological game, never had time to finish it (it was a rental) and have not seen it for sale or for rent since
COD 1 I loved the whole damn series, right up to black ops, then it started to get meh.
Brothers In Arms Series wanted to try it, still would, but I have not seen it in years
Borderlands Series tried one and two, not that impressed, I don't really care for the comic book animation and art style and the games themselves were a little silly, I could get past that but they had an annoying bullet sponge problem and the enemies level up with you making the entire leveling up system completely pointless, I might try again someday, but I really just got bored with them as the missions started to feel repetitive.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:02:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
take them back??  have you played fallout 4? bioshock series? etc games that have no multiplayer whatsoever?
View Quote

Yes, and I fucking loved them (except for the last bioshock before infinite, that one kind of sucked, I have not tried the others yet but want to).
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:13:33 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Yes, and I fucking loved them (except for the last bioshock before infinite, that one kind of sucked, I have not tried the others yet nut want to).
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, and I fucking loved them (except for the last bioshock before infinite, that one kind of sucked, I have not tried the others yet nut want to).
Infinite pissed me off when I fell in love with Elizabeth and then found out she was my daughter Way to crush me, you dicks.

I was just talking to someone about how almost every great game experience I've had lately is from some tiny indie developer. The triple-A games have been disappointing lately... shoot, all I'm looking forward to right now is Dishonored 2, Mafia III and Planet Coaster as far as bigger games go, and I'm definitely going to wait for reviews on all three.

Smaller niche games are where it's at for me lately. Fortresscraft, Farming Simulator and stuff like that.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top