BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 8/23/2016 8:59:42 AM EDT
Which is more betterer?
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:03:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I have both, both are top notch. The MBT is half the price though.

I voted Glock 19 because whenever there isnt a clear choice, the choice is clearly a G19.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:03:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:04:35 AM EDT
[#3]
In before
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:05:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I have an SSA-E, MBT, and Glock 19. Honestly, you expect me to pick a favorite out of those three items? Go fuck yourself.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:05:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I have an SSA and love it, I don't own an MBT but I may look into it for my next rifle.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:06:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't ask. Go buy both and then tell yourself.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:07:32 AM EDT
[#7]
In before the colabots.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:11:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In before the colabots.
View Quote

What about dillo dusters?
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:15:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I finally got a chance to handle a MTB. It in no way compares to a SSA-E. They are not even in the same class. It is closer to the SSA but still not as good. The MTB did not have a clean break. It had a lot of drag then a break. This did however improve slightly after I dry fired it a few times. It could have just been dirty. But I don't know.

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:15:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before the colabots.

That's why these polls are useless.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:16:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I finally got a chance to handle a MTB. It in no way compares to a SSA-E. They are not even in the same class. It is closer to the SSA but still not as good. The MTB did not have a clean break. It had a lot of drag then a break. This did however improve slightly after I dry fired it a few times. It could have just been dirty. But I don't know.

View Quote

My experience with the MBT was similar to this...

Sticking to the SSA-E for now.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:16:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before the colabots.

I'd just about bet the"colabots" have done more gear and equipment research than the rest of this site.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:16:52 AM EDT
[#13]
SSA is more comparable to the the MBT.  For the money the MBT wins in my book.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:17:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:17:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

So I should have bought an MBT over an SSA-E?  The zero creep of the SSA-E fucks me up; not sure why.  I still shoot better with a heavy milspec trigger
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:17:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:17:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before the colabots.

No they're useful to tell which is more betterer. These polls can be used in future threads when people argue about which is more betterer. You can refer to my threads for a definitive answer.

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:19:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:19:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
SSA is more comparable to the the MBT...
View Quote

If the MBT has the heavier spring installed, maybe. (All my MBTs have the heavier spring because I prefer the SSA over the SSA-E except in my magnified optic AR.)
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:20:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Have both and like both. A better comparison would be SSA vs MBT.  Can't go wrong with either one but with Mark's I can wait price you can't lose.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:20:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before the colabots.

Gawd damn my ADD
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:21:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

No they're useful to tell which is more betterer. These polls can be used in future threads when people argue about which is more betterer. You can refer to my threads for a definitive answer.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before the colabots.

Smart.  Science.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:22:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

So I should have bought an MBT over an SSA-E?  The zero creep of the SSA-E fucks me up; not sure why.  I still shoot better with a heavy milspec trigger
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you like the creep should have just stayed mil-spec.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:23:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Got to play with an MBT trigger.

I'll be sticking with my SSA-E's.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:24:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

My experience with five MBTs is exactly opposite - all my MBT's are markedly cleaner and sharper than my SSA-E.  The second stage of the SSA-E has a rolling or soft break whereas the MBT is sharp and clean.  Weight wise, the MBT is about eight ounces heavier on my Lyman gauge, but it feels about maybe half that much heavier.  

They're both good triggers but I prefer the MBT.  Three other shooters have shot my guns with the SAA-E and MBT back to back and all preferred the MBT.  Small sample size, sure, but it's just what I've experienced.

I have no dog in this fight other than wanting a nice trigger.  

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:24:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:24:30 AM EDT
[#27]
I have an SSA-E. No experience with the MBT. So the winner is clearly the Glock 19.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:24:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I do want a rifle that will stand up to sugary vomit!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before the colabots.

I'd just about bet the"colabots" have done more gear and equipment research than the rest of this site.
I do want a rifle that will stand up to sugary vomit!

I made the mistake once to bring a pistol that couldn't hold up to it and failed miserably.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:26:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Have both, both are good. MBT is better by a bit. First stage is positive, break is sharp and consistent. The wider trigger and slight rear set of the bow take some getting used to coming from the Geissle, but once you get used to it the MBT shines.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:26:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

If the MBT has the heavier spring installed, maybe. (All my MBTs have the heavier spring because I prefer the SSA over the SSA-E except in my magnified optic AR.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SSA is more comparable to the the MBT...

Weight wise, I'm guessing the MBT slots somewhere between the SSA and SSA-E.  I don't have enough time with an SSA to be certain, and that's just an assumption on my part so it's probably completely wrong.

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:26:56 AM EDT
[#31]
I have two SSA-E's.  They are worth the cost.  I have not tried the LaRue, but I have like everything I ever bought from Larue, so maybe I'll try one.

I voted Glock 19.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:27:07 AM EDT
[#32]
In before ML
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:30:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

My experience with five MBTs is exactly opposite - all my MBT's are markedly cleaner and sharper than my SSA-E.  The second stage of the SSA-E has a rolling or soft break whereas the MBT is sharp and clean.  Weight wise, the MBT is about eight ounces heavier on my Lyman gauge, but it feels about maybe half that much heavier.  

They're both good triggers but I prefer the MBT.  Three other shooters have shot my guns with the SAA-E and MBT back to back and all preferred the MBT.  Small sample size, sure, but it's just what I've experienced.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine all break like an icicle. I keep them well lubed though.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:31:03 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

In before the colabots.
View Quote
Geissele all the way.

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:32:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll adapt.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:34:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
In before the colabots.
View Quote

Too late.  Even if the MBT was any good, LaRue is still a massive asshat.  That alone makes it not worth buying his product and giving him money.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:36:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Have both...Still prefer the Geissele.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:37:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Mine all break like an ice cycle. I keep them well lubed though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine stay dirty and all carbony and what not. They still break like an icicle.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:41:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

I also got to compare the two.  Had one of each in each hand.  

I have no dog in the fight.  I like both mark and bill and am very thankful for what they have both done for the shooting sports and for the warfighter.

That being said, the SSA-E is a much better trigger.  smoother, cleaner and more predictable break.  IN fact, I preferred my RRA 2 stage to the MTB.

I know I am a cola warrior and I am required to love all things geissele.  And I do.  That's my honest opinion.  I was not told which rifle was which when I tried the two triggers out.  It was a pepsi challenge blind taste test.  The difference was frankly shocking.

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:42:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn you, auto correct!
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:42:40 AM EDT
[#41]
I think it depends on the application.

I used to have an SSA in a bench .308 rifle. I got a MBT and put it in the .308 and moved the SSA to the a 14.5" AR15. I think these applications suit each trigger best.

IMO the MBT is best for slower shooting. I'm really not a fan of the reset but on the bench gun it's not such a big deal. There is a heavier trigger spring available which is supposed to strengthen the reset but I didn't want to increase the pull weight.

In something like the AR15 I think the SSA really shines. I initially was worried it would be too light but it really isn't.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:43:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Single stage
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:48:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I have no dog in the fight.  I like both mark and bill and am very thankful for what they have both done for the shooting sports and for the warfighter.

That being said, the SSA-E is a much better trigger.  smoother, cleaner and more predictable break.  IN fact, I preferred my RRA 2 stage to the MTB.

I know I am a cola warrior and I am required to love all things geissele.  And I do.  That's my honest opinion.  I was not told which rifle was which when I tried the two triggers out.  It was a pepsi challenge blind taste test.  The difference was frankly shocking.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really? I had a RRA 2 stage in a 15-22 for a bit and didn't like it much at all. It's got a ALG single stage in there now that I like much better.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:49:23 AM EDT
[#44]
How is this even a real fucking question?

Geissele ftw
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:51:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Don't ask. Go buy both and then tell yourself.
View Quote

This is absolutely the preferred method of handling this query.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:53:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Really? I had a RRA 2 stage in a 15-22 for a bit and didn't like it much at all. It's got a ALG single stage in there now that I like much better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And to commit totally blasphemy, I didn't like my ALG ACT trigger.  It was no different to me than a 5 minute polish job on a standard mil spec.  gave it to my BIL.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:56:09 AM EDT
[#47]
I have an SSA-E and an MBT.

The MBT is closer, as others have said, to the SSA.

I use Geissele Trigger Grease for my LaRue MBT.

Best of both worlds.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:58:46 AM EDT
[#48]
I have both.  My preference is for the Geiselle SSA-E.  My Larue feels "mushy" and does not break as crisp as the Geiselles.  Would not buy another LaRue MBT again.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:04:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Damn you, auto correct!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn you, auto correct!

Didn't even notice that until I was typing it myself. Wasn't meant to be a stab at you
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:19:27 AM EDT
[#50]
I bought my SSA-E from LaRue.

Having said that, you're not comparing apples to apples..... the MBT and SSA are more alike. The SSA-E is a whole different ballgame.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top