Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 7/29/2016 9:38:06 PM EDT

Hello! For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Adam Kraut and I’m running for election to the NRA Board of Directors. I’ve decided to run for the Board because I believe that the NRA needs the next generation of Second Amendment Advocates to become involved in the direction of the organization.

I reside in the great state of Pennsylvania, the Keystone state, which is home to the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution. Pennsylvania has excellent firearms laws including state preemption, shall issue License to Carry Firearms, Castle Doctrine, Stand Your Ground, and the ability to own just about every type of firearm out there save for explosives. Article 1 Section 21 of our State Constitution states “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.” Yet, time and time again, politicians from Philadelphia and those funded by Bloomberg money attempt to infringe on the rights of our citizens not only here in PA but on a national level.

I currently work two jobs. I’m the general manager of a gun shop in the suburbs of Philadelphia and I’m also an attorney who has focused my entire practice around firearms related matters. Some days of the week I spend arming the free world and other days I fight back against unconstitutional laws and regulations from behind a desk or educating my fellow citizens at firearms law seminars. I’ve spent countless unpaid hours writing comments in opposition to proposed regulatory rule changes and have also engaged in litigation both at the state and federal level regarding firearms issues. I’m also the host of the show called The Legal Brief which airs weekly on The Gun Collective. I also frequently appear on the podcast This Week in Guns on the Firearms Radio Network.

So why should you vote for me? My experience behind the gun counter as well as a member of the firearms community puts me in a unique position to see many of the issues facing our community. I’ve been a member of the NRA since 2009 and have been a life member since 2012. Since my departure from high school, I’ve been politically active when it comes to preserving and expanding firearms rights. I have taken trips out to Harrisburg to lobby my state legislature, called and written my federal representatives, and encouraged others to become involved in the process. At the shop, every time there is legislation being debated that would affect firearms rights, I educate the employees as to why they should call their representatives, request they call their respective representatives while at work and encourage our customers to do the same.

I’ve also included a list of companies and people who have endorsed me in my campaign for the board below. I’ve already earned the trust from numerous individuals located all around the country. I believe I can earn yours too if given the opportunity.

Too many times I hear people my age groan and moan that the NRA does not represent them or their interests. The NRA seems to be a generation behind when it comes to representing gun owners. In order to prevail and remain relevant, the NRA needs younger people to guide the organization to encourage those who are my age and younger to not only join, but to FIGHT. Those who oppose firearms rights are nimble, well funded and unrelenting. Too often the NRA is being reactive instead of proactive.

If you elect me to the board, you can rest assured you have a friend who believes that NFA firearms (including machine guns) are guaranteed to the people in the Second Amendment. You’ll have an advocate who understands what the next generation of Second Amendment advocates wants the NRA to say and do. And most importantly, you’ll have a person who is willing to listen to the ideas of members in order to make it happen.

I would be honored for your support in this endeavor.

Some of you are acquainted with the process from Nolo's thread but I'll run through it again.

Step 1: I need 250 signatures from qualifying members to get on the 2017 ballot. I need to have all petitions returned to me by September 20th to ensure the signatures are valid. In order to sign the petition you MUST either be a life member (or higher) or have been a NRA member for 5 continuous years. If you choose to download a petition (available here), it MUST be printed on LEGAL paper (8.5”x14”) and completed EXACTLY as it is depicted in the SAMPLE PETITION for it to be valid.

Step 1: COMPLETED!

Step 2: Once I have been added to the ballot, I will need your votes in order to be elected to the board. The ballots are mailed out in the February edition of the NRA magazine you choose to receive. When you get your ballot, please vote for myself and other members you wish to see on the board. Remember, if you vote for less people instead of the maximum 25, there is a better chance I’ll make it to the board. I appreciate the support and look forward to serving you!

For more information check out my Facebook Page which will keep you up to date on all the latest.

I look forward to being able to serve you!

Endorsements

• Prince Law Offices

• Firearms Industry Consulting Group

• King Shooters Supply

• Rockwell Tactical Group

• Kinetic Development Group

• SB Tactical

• The Range at Austin

• The Gun Collective

• Four Guys Guns

• Multitasker Tools

• New Frontier Armory

• B5 Systems

• All Star Tactical

• ATEi

• Annette Evans/Beauty Behind the Blast

• F3 Tactical

• Shooter’s Gauntlet

• Stone Machine Gun Shoot

• MS Clean Kits

• Boxer Tactical

• Amidst the Noise/Billy Johnson (Former NRA Commentator)

• John Hollister (formerly of AAC)

• Haus of Guns

• Haus of Arms

• Firearms Radio Network

• Patriot Patch Company

• Patton Media and Consulting

• Tommy Built Tactical

• Natalie Foster, Host of NRA TV's Love at First Shot/Blogger at Girls Guide to Guns

• Hansohn Brothers LLC

• Joe Bob Outfitters

• Alpha Dog Silencers

• USA Chemical Supply

• 2A Armament

• The Gun Room LLC

• David Goldman, Esq.

• GunTrustLawyer.com

• Sage Dynamics

• Youth Shooters of America

• Law Tactical

• Shyanne Roberts - Youth Shooter

• Phlster

• Blue Alpha Gear

• Way of the Gun

UPDATE 8/22

As of this morning I have verified 216 signatures information with NRA. A package of the first batch of petitions is leaving today for NRA to get an official count from them as to how many.

Thank you guys so much for the support. In just over 3 weeks I've managed to collect over 200 signatures. The response has been incredible. If you have a petition in your possession, send it back. If you requested one. I'll get one out to you before I leave for Grand Teton National Park later this week.

UPDATE 9/6

I returned from the Tetons to over 160 signatures waiting for me in the office. Assuming each signature were to check out, I'd have well over the required 250. If you have a petition in your possession, get it back to me ASAP. I'm going to send another packet to NRA early next week since I was told they are out of the office and won't process anything for at least a week (Fall Board Meeting). I want to greet them with a huge stack of petitions.

I sent 216 signatures to NRA before I left for vacation. I have 227 on my desk now...

Over 440 signatures in about a month and a half. That's pretty damn good I'd say.

UPDATE 9/19

Sent out another 363 signatures today. Grand total of 581 sent to NRA. You guys rock.

UPDATE 9/23

Thanks to your support. I'm on the ballot. Please don't stop spreading the message about me to everyone who will listen. Together we can make the NRA a better organization.

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:39:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:42:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:43:25 PM EDT
[#3]
TL:DR

Brandon Webb 2014!
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:44:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in.  Good Luck
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:46:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds good. Tag.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:47:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Brandon Webb 2014!
View Quote

whatever happened to that guy?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:51:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brandon Webb 2014!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1564684_.html

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1754785_Brandon_Webb_of_SOFREP_getting_called_out_finally.html&page=1
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:53:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sounds good. Tag.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:54:40 PM EDT
[#9]
So what do I get out of it.....isn't this how elections work???
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:58:16 PM EDT
[#10]

no closure there,

did he get a vote on NRA board?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:04:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Tag.

I need to hijack some legal sized paper from work.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:04:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Any idea on how to check how long I've been a member? It's not in Member Services.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:05:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm with you bro
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:13:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:15:41 PM EDT
[#15]
OST
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:18:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I got my dad and myself to sign a petition for Nolo, can we also sign one for you OP?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:19:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:20:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

you can and you should!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got my dad and myself to sign a petition for Nolo, can we also sign one for you OP?

you can and you should!

Sweet! Thanks Nolo!
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:20:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Of course. If you need one mailed, shoot me an IM with your address.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:21:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I love it!  We need more pro-NFA NRA board of directors.  I think you will make a fine board member.  but seriously bro, I'd have been more than happy to send you a clean scan for your petition.  In fact, feel free to use this one too and I'll even sponsor you, and if anyone asks me for a petition, I'd be more than happy to send them yours as well for a signature!  Together we can make the NRA the NRA it needs to be!

Petition link

I'll send you my signature tomorrow!
View Quote

Thanks Stephen. I appreciate the support.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:23:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check PM
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:24:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:29:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Can you get me a discount at Martin Stone?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:30:01 PM EDT
[#24]
I really need to get a life membership so I can vote for you and nolo.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:31:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:43:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I love it!  We need more pro-NFA NRA board of directors.  I think you will make a fine board member.  but seriously bro, I'd have been more than happy to send you a clean scan for your petition.  In fact, feel free to use this one too and I'll even sponsor you, and if anyone asks me for a petition, I'd be more than happy to send them yours as well for a signature!  Together we can make the NRA the NRA it needs to be!

Petition link

I'll send you my signature tomorrow!
View Quote

outstanding

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:44:00 PM EDT
[#27]
We need more on the board like you and Nolo, petition incoming.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:47:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ends 7/31: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_1/1881760_.html
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:47:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

No Excuses
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:53:30 PM EDT
[#30]
I forgot you had to be a life member. I feel pretty stupid right now.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:56:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Dumb question:

I get the email version of the magazine, will I still get a paper ballot in the mail in Feb?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:08:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Dumb question:

I get the email version of the magazine, will I still get a paper ballot in the mail in Feb?
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:09:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dumb question:

Yup.

thanks
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:25:59 PM EDT
[#34]
If nolo is backing you and it does not take away from him, you will have my support. I want to see the NRA take ground back, not just defend against things. Do you agree with that op?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:30:27 PM EDT
[#35]
I got you fam!
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:31:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Another Arfcommer up for the Board??

Let's do this.

ETA: IM sent.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:36:33 PM EDT
[#37]
NRA going Arfcom?  I"m OK with it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:40:25 PM EDT
[#38]
This thread gives me the warm fuzzies.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:47:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Works for me. If we can get you and Nolo on together it'd give me a great sense of optimism for the upcoming year!
I'll get one out to you Monday.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:48:47 PM EDT
[#40]
In.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:06:02 AM EDT
[#41]
If Nolo's up for it I'll take both petitions from him.  I've been trying to get out and pick up the legal size paper but not getting it done.

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:13:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Arfcom will run the NRA
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:14:16 AM EDT
[#43]

Tagged.  Yeah, I'm life.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:15:25 AM EDT
[#44]
OST for later.

I'll get one printed and sent in.

ETA-mail direct to the NRA?  I know nolo was pre screening his and that seemed prudent?
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:23:53 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

So what do I get out of it.....isn't this how elections work???
View Quote

Lots of free shit

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:33:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Look at this party now ...

You guys here on ARFCOM made all the difference in the world for my nomination in '14  for a '15 seat. I ran as a petition only candidate.
Still owe more than a few of you drinks for the help on the Colorado thing in 2013.

And now these guys are running ......sweet! NFA and legal eagles who are both young. Glad to call both friend. Get some guys! Good to see them supporting each other, I like it. We need more of it.

Being on the nominating committee I have to stay out of it this year, but I wish you both luck. The voting members are the final say  and I know you
both will state your case well.

At least two ARFCOMER's every year works! More works too.

Edit: I need a new Avatar, more people are flying my flag. Love it, fly it.

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:55:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

$500 (for the next 2 days).  Do it. NOW.

Link at the top of the page.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:58:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 1:14:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I forgot you had to be a life member. I feel pretty stupid right now.
View Quote

Or member for the last 5 years if I understand this right.

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 1:17:02 AM EDT
[#50]
tag for later
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top