Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 7/21/2016 8:30:59 AM EDT

From here.

So, as the dust settles from the chaos that broke out on the convention floor over Senator Ted Cruz’s (R-TX) speech failing to openly endorse Donald Trump, here are some facts upon which to reflect:

1. Donald Trump knew Cruz’s speech text in advance.

2. Cruz told Trump two days in advance that he would not endorse him.

3. The speech itself congratulated Trump on winning the nomination, ripped Hillary Clinton, extolled freedom, and then told Americans to vote their conscience.

4. When Cruz gave the pre-approved speech clearly ripping Hillary and telling Americans to vote based on principle, Trump minions reportedly began whipping the crowd into boos. Paul Manafort reportedly "grinned and chuckled when asked by Mark Halperin if Trump aides encouraged boos of Cruz from the floor.”

5. Trump obviously knew what was coming, too, and entered the arena as Cruz concluded his speech, before Cruz was booed off the stage.
Trump has now tweeted out a slap at Cruz: "Ted Cruz booed off the stage, didn’t honor the pledge! I saw his speech two hours early but let him speak anyway. No big deal!” Sean Spicer of the pathetic Republican National Convention said that he was "hoping for better,” even though the text was pre-screened. Donald Trump Jr. appeared with Sean Hannity to exclaim, "The best unity I saw was everyone booing [Cruz] off the stage.”

So, to summarize, Trump knew what was coming, apparently planned the boos, and planned to take advantage of the situation in order to vindictively rip open a Republican rift that hurts his own campaign, and cast Cruz as a traitor.

Then he lied about it.

And he did it all because he despises Ted Cruz, because he’s a petty man, and because he’s a stupid boor.

Here’s the amazing truth: had Trump merely instructed his fans to keep clapping throughout Cruz’s speech, it would have looked like the "suggested” endorsement that Team Trump had touted all day long. But Team Trump decided it was more important to throw Cruz out of the popular clique than to take the partial win. Cruz had to be humiliated for his failure to Kneel Before Orange Zod.

It backfired.

Trump and his team end up looking like the bullies they are. They end up looking like the vindictive dolts they are. And Cruz ends up looking like a man willing to stand on principle rather than pay obeisance to an insecure fool who prizes his own narcissism above even the possibility of victory over Hillary Clinton.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:32:59 AM EDT
[#1]
He's nothing more than an Orange version of Hugo Chavez, right down to his promises of a purge. You wanted Turd World politics, here it comes...
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:36:10 AM EDT
[#2]
This is Cruz's vote your conscience comment from the speech.

"If you love our country, and love our children as much as you do, stand, and speak, and vote your conscience, vote for candidates up and down the ticket who you trust to defend our freedom, and to be faithful to the constitution."

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:37:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Whatever the back story, it helped Trump.

The image is that Cruz has hurt feelings, doesn't support the nominee that We, The People selected, and the crowd turned on him, all while the nominee shrugged it off gracefully.

Planned, or spontaneous, it benefits Trump and makes the only guy I want for Supreme Court look like a dickbutt.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:39:53 AM EDT
[#4]
That article is based on what information source? Further they are delusional if they think this backfired on trump. It wasn't just Trump plants in the crowd booing Ted. I voted for Cruz in the primary and I am very disappointed in him as well. To me not endorsing seems like a petty sore loser move in an election this important. Getting ready for a run at 2020? He burned those bridges.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:42:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Article written by a #nevertrump shill.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:42:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Hilarious how Trump brown shirts claim "ted lied" about saying he'd endorse the nominee, yet ignore obvious lies by Trump day in and day out.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:42:35 AM EDT
[#7]
OP Nails it!
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:42:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The image is that Cruz has hurt feelings, doesn't support the nominee that We, The People selected, and the crowd turned on him, all while the nominee shrugged it off gracefully.

Planned, or spontaneous, it benefits Trump and makes the only guy I want for Supreme Court look like a dickbutt.
View Quote
No, it didn't help Trump.  It made him look like the bully and prick he is.  He viciously attacked Cruz's family, knew beforehand he wouldn't get his endorsement (and rightfully so), and orchestrated the boos.  Taking to Twitter about it immediately after isn't "shrugging it off gracefully"... saying nothing would have been better if that was how he wanted to come off.

And no, "We, The People" didn't choose Trump.  He got 42% of the vote; that's what educated people refer to as a "minority".
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:43:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That article is based on what information source? Further they are delusional if they think this backfired on trump. It wasn't just Trump plants in the crowd booing Ted. I voted for Cruz in the primary and I am very disappointed in him as well. To me not endorsing seems like a petty sore loser move in an election this important. Getting ready for a run at 2020? He burned those bridges.
View Quote
Reagan didn't endorse Ford in 1976, and he went on to win two landslides in '80 and '84.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:47:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Article written by a #nevertrump shill.
View Quote

This should help:

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:48:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No, it didn't help Trump.  It made him look like the bully and prick he is.  He viciously attacked Cruz's family, knew beforehand he wouldn't get his endorsement (and rightfully so), and orchestrated the boos.  Taking to Twitter about it immediately after isn't "shrugging it off gracefully"... saying nothing would have been better if that was how he wanted to come off.  

And no, "We, The People" didn't choose Trump.  He got 42% of the vote; that's what educated people refer to as a "minority".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That may be the perception of your tiny echo chamber, but that's not the image being portrayed to 300,000,000 people right now.

Bully or not, Trump looks good and Cruz looks like a whiny little shit.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:48:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

He's nothing more than an Orange version of Hugo Chavez, right down to his promises of a purge. You wanted Turd World politics, here it comes...
View Quote

Obama tossed the Constitution in the shitter. HE is the country's first demagogue. Republican Establishment played along with him.

A lot of folks decided that, if it's demagogues going forward, we want OUR demagogue.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:50:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hilarious how Trump brown shirts claim "ted lied" about saying he'd endorse the nominee, yet ignore obvious lies by Trump day in and day out.
View Quote

It's what liberals do.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:50:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Obama tossed the Constitution in the shitter. HE is the country's first demagogue. Republican Establishment played along with him.

A lot of folks decided that, if it's demagogues going forward, we want OUR demagogue.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bushy Jr gave us the Patriot act, sucked Saudi cock and let the NSA spy on EVERYTHING we do.

Fuck him, too.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:51:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Gay
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:51:24 AM EDT
[#16]
It takes a real leader to stand up and deliver the goods when everyone is against him.  It's refreshing to see someone not compromise their principles in spite of what others think or say.  Good for you Ted, you have my respect!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:52:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
That may be the perception of your tiny echo chamber, but that's not the image being portrayed to 300,000,000 people right now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't surround myself only with like-minded people, unlike Trump supporters.  So yeah, my perception's going to be a little more indicative of the average.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:52:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Reagan didn't endorse Ford in 1976, and he went on to win two landslides in '80 and '84.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very true, however the political climate is nowhere near the same, we have a party ripping itself apart and people are tired of the establishment. And frankly as much as I like Cruz he ain't no Reagan. I am not a Reagan zombie like so many are but man that dude was a smooth talker in a way that we will likely not see for a long time.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:53:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Trump's got my vote.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:54:54 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Gay
View Quote
You picked an odd location to come out, but hey, good for you.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:57:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't surround myself only with like-minded people, unlike Trump supporters.  So yeah, my perception's going to be a little more indicative of the average.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since your vehement "I Hate Trump" is oozing into your brain and preventing you from comprehending what I type...

And since actual Trump supporters have shown up to support their candidate...

I'll leave you to your masturbatory "LOL Now Trump Done Fucked Up LOL"

Good luck with the stroke in November!
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:02:26 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Since your vehement "I Hate Trump" is oozing into your brain and preventing you from comprehending what I type...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know, I actually dislike Trump less than I dislike his mindless, fanatical supporters.  At least he's not an automaton.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:04:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

just go ahead and admit you plan to vote for Hitlery.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:08:20 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Much original. Very insight.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:08:21 AM EDT
[#25]
I have no idea what the hell is wrong with some of you. Vote for whomever has a R next to their name. It's pretty simple. And yes, Ted Cruz is a fucking little bitch.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:08:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Good for Ted. It's refreshing to see a politician that doesn't pander to the crowd in front of them.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:08:58 AM EDT
[#27]
The crowd was saying "Cruze", not booing.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:10:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Good for Ted. It's refreshing to see a politician that doesn't pander to the crowd in front of them.
View Quote

Fuck Cruz. This country is in a knife fight for our very existence and Cruz is playing high and mighty? Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:10:48 AM EDT
[#29]
I knew all I needed to know about Cruz during the primary.  Which is a whiny slimy politician.  Cruz sold out his principles when the anti-establishment candidate started using the establishment to fund him, raise funds for him, endorse him, and campaign with him.

Plenty of us said FUCK TED CRUZ back then and it still holds true today.  The pathetic politician only got as far as he did because Trump took out the real competition.  Cruz couldn't even beat a fake Republican in Republican race, yet you think he is some political genius.  Well the voters have spoken and the result is Cruz failed.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:12:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Fuck Cruz. This country is in a knife fight for our very existence and Cruz is playing high and mighty? Fuck that guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He'll endorse him in November.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:12:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Your efforts are greatly appreciated and has done more for the Trump/Pence ticket then you'll ever know. Keep up the great work.

Trump/Pence appreciate your vote in November.

Quoted:
From here.

So, as the dust settles from the chaos that broke out on the convention floor over Senator Ted Cruz’s (R-TX) speech failing to openly endorse Donald Trump, here are some facts upon which to reflect:

1. Donald Trump knew Cruz’s speech text in advance.
2. Cruz told Trump two days in advance that he would not endorse him.
3. The speech itself congratulated Trump on winning the nomination, ripped Hillary Clinton, extolled freedom, and then told Americans to vote their conscience.
4. When Cruz gave the pre-approved speech clearly ripping Hillary and telling Americans to vote based on principle, Trump minions reportedly began whipping the crowd into boos. Paul Manafort reportedly "grinned and chuckled when asked by Mark Halperin if Trump aides encouraged boos of Cruz from the floor.”
5. Trump obviously knew what was coming, too, and entered the arena as Cruz concluded his speech, before Cruz was booed off the stage.

Trump has now tweeted out a slap at Cruz: "Ted Cruz booed off the stage, didn’t honor the pledge! I saw his speech two hours early but let him speak anyway. No big deal!” Sean Spicer of the pathetic Republican National Convention said that he was "hoping for better,” even though the text was pre-screened. Donald Trump Jr. appeared with Sean Hannity to exclaim, "The best unity I saw was everyone booing [Cruz] off the stage.”

So, to summarize, Trump knew what was coming, apparently planned the boos, and planned to take advantage of the situation in order to vindictively rip open a Republican rift that hurts his own campaign, and cast Cruz as a traitor.

Then he lied about it.

And he did it all because he despises Ted Cruz, because he’s a petty man, and because he’s a stupid boor.

Here’s the amazing truth: had Trump merely instructed his fans to keep clapping throughout Cruz’s speech, it would have looked like the "suggested” endorsement that Team Trump had touted all day long. But Team Trump decided it was more important to throw Cruz out of the popular clique than to take the partial win. Cruz had to be humiliated for his failure to Kneel Before Orange Zod.

It backfired.

Trump and his team end up looking like the bullies they are. They end up looking like the vindictive dolts they are. And Cruz ends up looking like a man willing to stand on principle rather than pay obeisance to an insecure fool who prizes his own narcissism above even the possibility of victory over Hillary Clinton.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:14:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I also voted for Ted in the primary and sent him money. I will not do it again. Ted pissed my support of him all away with his shenanigans.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:14:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
This is Cruz's vote your conscience comment from the speech.

"If you love our country, and love our children as much as you do, stand, and speak, and vote your conscience, vote for candidates up and down the ticket who you trust to defend our freedom, and to be faithful to the constitution."

View Quote

sure...the North American Union is as American as apple pie....

Cruz is a champion debater and speech writer....and a wanna be King over the mountain of politics.

Raphael is a Christian con man who has pushed on his son the notion that God has annoinTed to be king of one of the 7 Mountains of Culture.

New Apostolic Reformation 7 Mountains Dominionism about as heretical as one can get imo

IMO Cruz doesn't care for American sovereignty as he would be a King of the Political Mountain regardless of where the borders are drawn thinking himself
Hispanic it would make more sense for him to rule over a new nation comprised of a large population of Hispanics.

If you think Trump is delusional...check out David Barton and Raphael Cruz...also imo
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:14:28 AM EDT
[#34]
I liked Cruz and was an early follower of him, read the book, whole nine yards.

But he has totally botched this.  He could have admitted reality, walked away and lived to fight another day.  Instead he continues to drive his brand into the ground, hard as possible.  He wrote his speech, not Trump.  He made this bed.  I don't think he can ever recover from this.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:15:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Cruz will NEVER be president.  As we learned from Romney and now Hillary, it is a horrible idea to recycle presidential candidates.  And I 'used' to support Cruz, fuck him.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:16:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Cruz is unlikable.  His voice and demeanor are a turn off to a lot of people, he's not a confident leader.  He's whiny.

Plus he looks like a premature baby grew up.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:17:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh gee, you hurt ma feels!
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:18:01 AM EDT
[#38]
this is what Trump wants.

Most Cruz supporters are ultra conservative and no way in hell would they vote Hillary. Trump loves the drama.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:18:13 AM EDT
[#39]
I don't care. I'm voting R.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:18:13 AM EDT
[#40]
OP is Glenn Beck. Carbon copy of what Beck is saying at this very moment.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:18:22 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote

It's almost like you people don't live on planet earth.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:19:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Cruz is now toast, politically. No SCOTUS (as if that was ever a possibility), and maybe not even future Senator from Texas.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:20:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
OP is Glenn Beck. Carbon copy of what Beck is saying at this very moment.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:20:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, no.  Trump destroyed Republican primary turnout records, not Cruz.  And I used to support Cruz, never again.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:20:32 AM EDT
[#45]
In before OP accuses everyone of being stormfront.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:21:07 AM EDT
[#46]

http://theresurgent.com/paul-manafort-and-cheeto-jesus-plotted-to-steal-the-spotlight-from-mike-pence/

No
one will be talking about Mike Pence’s speech tomorrow.  They won’t be
talking about it because Paul Manafort and Cheeto Jesus do not want
Pence’s speech to be the focus.  That is the only possible conclusion to
why they whipped delegates to boo Ted Cruz.

View Quote

Multiple press
outlets are confirming what I first reported from Cruz sources.  
Manafort did threaten Cruz that if he did not change his speech the
crowd would boo.  Cruz refused and Manafort organized delegates to boo
Cruz.  They booed before Cruz had even finished a sentence that might
have included a endorsement.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:21:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Blah blah, I'm from Texas (which is the only place they put up with my bullshit).

I'm still butthurt that my screechy, whiny, backstabbing wasn't enough to win enough delegates or people's hearts and minds.

I believe in my conscience and my principles and things going the way I want them to, otherwise I'll take my ball and go home, because politics isn't about building coalitions and cooperation, but divisiveness and backstabbing.

Bill Clinton is my homeboy.

Honestly I wouldn't endorse any candidate who doesn't share my views of far right fundamentalist christian sharia law that Americans are fucking fed up hearing about when the Bill of Rights is at stake.

I follow the rules when it benefits me (Colorado), whine about them when people use them against me (the convention).

He has achieved an epic level of butthurt, his asshole is like a glowing crater from a mile wide asteroid.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:22:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Cruz is unlikable.  His voice and demeanor are a turn off to a lot of people, he's not a confident leader.  He's whiny.

Plus he looks like a premature baby grew up.
View Quote

You're right. The orange guy with the absurd comb-over who can barely string together a coherent sentence by himself is a much better option.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:22:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It takes a real leader to stand up and deliver the goods when everyone is against him.  It's refreshing to see someone not compromise their principles in spite of what others think or say.  Good for you Ted, you have my respect!!!!!
View Quote

You respect a Jody?

Jesus...

That says a lot about you.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:22:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, Reagan did endorse Ford.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top