Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 7/20/2016 5:28:46 PM EDT
This is bad fucking news.

Spoke to my military buddies that are stationed in turkey right now. The police (government loyalists and sharia supporters) were on incirlik AFB rounding up officers. They're going to be mass executed.

I have a feeling this situation is going to quickly turn into American hostilities leaving nuclear weapons at risk of falling into Turkish hands.

Article

2500 military personnel stationed there, and guess what. The power was cut to base Friday , all the Americans are sleeping at their units not in the barracks.

They aren't allowed to arm American personnel due to an American Turkish agreement.
I'm afraid this is going to turn into a gigantic Benghazi type event
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:31:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I really don't see the Turks getting their hands on the nukes.  I could possibly see a situation where Israel swoops in and grabs them during some major chaos.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:32:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really don't see the Turks getting their hands on the nukes.  I could possibly see a situation where Israel swoops in and grabs them during some major chaos.
View Quote

If government loyalists rush the base what would stop them

This isn't bagram
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Tagged to see where this goes.

eta We covered the contingency plans for nukes in the earlier threads.  No one is getting them.

The Turk military is being purged from the top down.

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:33:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Really think that's gonna work like that? Even the pussy in chief won't let that happen.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:33:47 PM EDT
[#6]
It's Turkey. We should be happy it's only mass murder, not genocide (yet).
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#7]
If Turkey starts executing prisoners, they will not be welcomed into the EU
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:34:25 PM EDT
[#8]
"never let a good crisis go to waste",

Particularly if you staged it in the first place.

Hope all our guys stay safe.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:34:36 PM EDT
[#9]
No arms due to agreement..

Fuck that agreement goes out the window when the government breaks down. Government goes batshit agreement goes with it,

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This isn't bagram
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isn't bagram

I suspect Obama would take that as a direct assault on his ego and it would end really, really badly for Turkey.  Like smoking hole in the ground the size of Turkey bad for Turkey.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:35:04 PM EDT
[#11]
So there are no protocols anywhere to destroy the weapons with shaped charges and det cord?
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:35:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This isn't bagram
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isn't bagram

They will build a wall out of Powerpoint slides.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:35:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

With what and why?  The Izzies have far fewer Fighters and Heavy Lift than we do.  

I'm not even going to bother with the idea of having anyone else grab and "safeguard" our nukes for us.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:35:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This isn't bagram
View Quote

I imagine the sea launched cruise missiles would kinda mess up their day a bit.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:35:48 PM EDT
[#15]
A piece of paper (Turkish/American agreement) should never stand in the way of control and possession of nuclear weapons. There better be some hard motherfuckers guarding the nukes - armed to the teeth.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:35:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Ah yes, didn't FBHO come out in support of the Turkish government and condemn the attempted coup?
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:36:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

Does this mean they will finally admit to mass murdering Armenian Christians?

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:36:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I suspect Obama would take that as a direct assault on his ego and it would end really, really badly for Turkey.  Like smoking hole in the ground the size of Turkey bad for Turkey.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isn't bagram

Maybe the BHO from the star trek negative or alternate universe.  And that would be the white half bho, that doesn't like spending afternoons with his body man, reggie.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Rumor has it that they have been cozying up to Russia and moving away from the EU. It would benefit Russia to gain access to a warm water port on the coast.

http://m.sputniknews.com/politics/20160717/1043165908/turkey-coup-serbia.html
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:37:08 PM EDT
[#20]
In to see what those more educated than I have to say.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Why exactly aren't we pulling the nukes back to the US by now?
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:37:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Ah yes, didn't FBHO come out in support of the Turkish government and condemn the attempted coup?
View Quote

Yup.

And the Turkish government seemed to be able to start purging thousands of folks rather quickly once it was over.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:38:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This isn't bagram

Except, he won't see it coming and it'll be too late by the time he responds...  in which case there'll be all sorts of new folks ready to use the stolen nukes on US assets right away.

If they are smart, the weapons are already destroyed.  

It'd be fun to think of the base just being cleared of people and for them to light them off... but that would be rude.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:38:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Let them nuke each other.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:38:30 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

So there are no protocols anywhere to destroy the weapons with shaped charges and det cord?
View Quote

I believe the protocol is war if they touch those nukes.

Well not war but maybe a deep bow from Obama

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:38:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Why exactly aren't we pulling the nukes back to the US by now?
View Quote

They're blockading the port and nobody wants to risk an incident.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:38:47 PM EDT
[#27]
in for more info and later updates
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:38:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isn't bagram

HAHAHAAHAHA  did you forget who's in charge.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:39:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.

However dont fret Ive been assured that Turkey is an example of a peaceful Islamic country by several liberals (apparently all suffering from long term memory loss)
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:39:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sure if you want to spread nuclear material everywhere
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:39:54 PM EDT
[#31]
get our guys out of there.

Last one turns off the light and turns on the nukes.

Peace the fuck out you 8th century Islamic shit hole.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:40:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Rumor has it that they have been cozying up to Russia and moving away from the EU. It would benefit Russia to gain access to a warm water port on the coast.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They just shot down a Russian plane a few months ago and everyone thought Putin was going to invade.  That doesn't sound like cozying up.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:41:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Really think that's gonna work like that? Even the pussy in chief won't let that happen.
View Quote

LOL.  You still don't get it, do you?  Obama is doing everything in his power to cut the USA down in the eyes of the world.  It wouldn't be "him" losing the nukes, it would be "America" losing its nukes.  The press won't blame him, so the dumbass public won't blame him either.

The only thing I could see happening is some 4-star generals following already-established contingency plans to fly those nukes out of there muy pronto, and ignoring orders to the contrary.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:41:25 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Spoke to my military buddies that are stationed in turkey right now. The police (government loyalists and sharia supporters) were on incirlik AFB rounding up officers. They're going to be mass executed.

I have a feeling this situation is going to quickly turn into American hostilities leaving nuclear weapons at risk of falling into Turkish hands.

Article

2500 military personnel stationed there, and guess what. The power was cut to base Friday , all the Americans are sleeping at their units not in the barracks.

They aren't allowed to arm American personnel due to an American Turkish agreement.

View Quote
I don't think they will get the nukes. Taking them would turn this into a whole new ballgame and we would have to kick the shit out of them and take them back.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

They just shot down a Russian plane a few months ago and everyone thought Putin was going to invade.  That doesn't sound like cozying up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Historically does Russia care about losing a life or two or a million?
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
LOL.  You still don't get it, do you?  Obama is doing everything in his power to cut the USA down in the eyes of the world.  It wouldn't be "him" losing the nukes, it would be "America" losing its nukes.  The press won't blame him, so the dumbass public won't blame him either.

The only thing I could see happening is some 4-star generals following already-established contingency plans to fly those nukes out of there muy pronto, and ignoring orders to the contrary.
View Quote

Turkey has threatened to shoot them down.  Air space has also been closed off.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:43:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Any Armenians Left.
Had my Primary flight instructor, older man that  retired from the FAA. He was Armenian and disliked the Turks.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:44:41 PM EDT
[#38]

No worries.

They're our allies.

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:45:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They've hated each other for hundreds of years.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:45:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If we had a president who cared about the country that would be considered an act of war.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:45:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

execute prisoners....

what are the prisoners you speak of?
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:45:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
get our guys out of there.

Last one turns off the light and turns on the nukes.

Peace the fuck out you 8th century Islamic shit hole.
View Quote

Have to agree.  Clear out the people, nukes, and destroy the rest in place.  Explain that any attempt at intervention will result in the removal of Turkish military assets as deemed necessary by the circumstances.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:45:45 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

^^  I mentioned this possibility in the coup thread.

No one took it seriously.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:46:27 PM EDT
[#44]
One sure way to keep anyone from getting their hands on the nukes. Set them off.

Just sayin.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:46:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I don't think they will get the nukes. Taking them would turn this into a whole new ballgame and we would have to kick the shit out of them and take them back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Article

Take?  Who needs to "take" them when they can be "lost" or "misplaced" in the fog of war?

We don't know where they are, but we'll form a search committee and find out as soon as we can...
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:46:47 PM EDT
[#46]
someone pulled the command disable handle and filled this thread with derP...
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:46:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Umm... that's not an excuse to leave those nukes there, that's a reason to get them out faster.  Will it start a conflict?  Maybe, but better that than having loose nukes fall into Muslim hands.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:47:50 PM EDT
[#48]
LOL, some chicken little going on yet again...

Nukes are a strategic level asset. If Erdogen wants to commit suicide then sure, he could order it. Let alone that they'd have to get through the rather...significant barriers to the weapons before they would be inert'd.

Barracks are not on the "essential" list when it comes to generators/water supply, etc. plus accountability is much easier when centralized. Odds are the units have power/AC/water. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be sleeping in a building with no power in July in Turkey...

The guy trying to clean house and strengthen his position. There might be some dirty looks thrown at us but nothing will come of it, at least for us. We're still flying out of there after all
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:49:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Tagged.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:49:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If we really want them moved, they will be moved....at least if we had a real leader in the WH.  Erdogan's bluster is just that.  He may be a piece of garbage dime a dozen dictator, but he is not stupid.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top